(See All?) Announcements
314 Users Online
Bing, Google

Wayward Sailor Girl — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Territory discovery - Dogwood Strath - Located on the south-eastern edge of the Sacred Grove, where the ground begins to rise towards the serpent's spine, a forest predominantly consisting of pacific dogwood and lodgepole pine has remained relatively undisturbed in a wide shallow strath that finds itself dead-ended against towering cliffs that block the route to higher ground and any easy path toward the Lost Lake. The best time to visit is in summer when the dogwood is in full bloom, but it is a pleasant resting place most of the year with providing patchy sunlight and the sound of the swift river filtering through the trees, only hushed in the depths of winter.
All Welcome
won't you light my lonely way back home?
Treyah Tainn

Now they had settled in the Wildwood it didn't stop the girl exploring. When they first arrived they had spent some time in the Grove but she hadn't really spent much time in there snooping around, today she got her chance.

Jumping from one scent trail to the next whenever something more interesting came along the girl found herself facing a cliff. Amber eyes looked up, spotting the latest conquest, a strange creature if ever she had seen one - all white and wooly with horns and devilish eyes... She quickly decided this was not a creature worth eating (never mind there was no chance of the girl getting to it perched so precariously on the cliff like that) and so she turned around to finally look up, and see just where she was.

The ground had been gradually sloping upwards, scattered pine trees interspaced with more of those trees that now littered their new home. What was it her mother had called them? Dogwoods. If the old woman was to be believed, they would flower when the warmer months came again. She would have to visit again once the snow was gone. A quick glance at the sun told her it would be well after dark by the time she got back to the draw and with a Tch! against the back of her teeth she turned to follow her own tracks back the way she had come. This whole little excursion was looking to be a complete write-off.

(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2017, 12:45 AM by Treyah.)
[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Vet who has 88 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora
@Treyah - Z's got a plan.

She was the conventional kind of beautiful, and young to boot. Even in his half-starving state, Zerxes had eyes. And he let them roam greedily over her lithe, strong form. The benefits of a pack were clearly evident in the way her ribs weren't found with ease and how comfortable she walked among trees that did not bear the scent of her family. Only pups could move in the world with so little concern for where they were and who may be watching.

Following her gaze, Zerxes devil green eyes tracked up to spot the mountain goat above. He narrowed his eyes, mouth pulling back in a silent sneer. He'd missed that. Not that he was in any state to tangle with a full grown billy anyway, but still. At one point, such a thing would not have gone unnoticed by the sharp-eyed fiend.

He had been giving it some thought; groveling to a pack to join ranks and fatten up. Thus far, his pride refused to allow him to even pretend to grovel. But with how winter was treating him thus far, Zerxes realized he could either let his pride lay down and die or he would. He was nothing if not a survivor. After all, how many could live being tossed into a trench and come out the other side?

Weaving through the trees along the ridge's base, the masked male let out a friendly hail for her attention. "Hey there," he called, his charming smile readily gracing his strong features in a way that almost felt natural once again. It had been months since Z had need of fooling another. A pup was a good one to get practice on. "Sorry if I startled you. I was hoping you could help me out."

How easily one could use a craft once mastered, but unpracticed. It shocked him really to realize the story was already forming quickly in his mind. He missed this. The deceit, the long game. It was high time he played it.

"I was traveling with my little brother and we got separated in a storm a while back," he shared, head and tail dipping with shame. "You wouldn't happen to have heard of anyone by the name of Camio, would you?" Lies worked best if peppered with truths. While Camio was indeed his brother, it had been months since he'd last seen the runt and he truly cared not if the lad was alive or dead. But he served as a perfect excuse to hold a conversation.

(This post was last modified: Feb 02, 2017, 05:01 AM by Zerxes.)
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
@Zerxes
Treyah Tainn

Hey there, The girl startled, ears turning back as her head whipped around trying to spot the owner of the voice. She was quick to relax when she remember that her mother often said if someone means you harm they won't give you warning, and this man was wearing a friendly smile. It took her a moment to compose herself and return it in turn, her tail waving in greeting as he asked if she might be able to help him out. "I can try!" She offered with a sheepish little grin, glad that someone was finally treating her like a grown up.

Concern crossed her face as he mentioned a brother he had been separated from, she couldn't imagine ever losing @Reiko, and while they hadn't been in each other's space so much since their journey she always got to curl up next to him at night and if she wanted to drag him off for mischief she was almost certain he would humour her. Concern however, was quick to morph into a frown when she learned his brother's name, how could she forget it? The way her mother prattled on, and on, and on, about siblings she never met, about nieces and nephews she would probably never see, aunts and uncles and grandparents. "Zamora?" she queried, not certain the name Camio was a common one. "I don't know him... but my mother does. Don't think she's seen him since Nalda was born, though..." She did hate to be the bearer of bad news.

"We could go ask her? If you'd like... just in case? She might have picked up his scent and just not mentioned it. I don't think he's her favourite wolf..." She attempted a strained smile, her head dipping apologetically. "I'm Treyah, by the way." She chirped away happily, tail waving in an attempt to pick up the mood. She was meeting someone new! She had to leave a good impression.

Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora

There's a lass, he thought with pleasure. Lucky him to have stumbled onto such a helpful young lady. It certainly was appreciated. The way she smiled and wagged her tail truly brightened her features. Zerxes had to admit that had his like taken a different course, he may well have been charmed by her. Either way, she was promising to suit his needs perfectly. Now all he needed was for her to just...

To hear his own patronymic spoken back to him without stutter or hesitation gave Zerxes pause. A flicker of surprise touched in his gaze before he forced his tail to wag. "Yes, the very same!" This could be bad. It could blow this entire opportunity. Why does she know Camio? What did he do? What has he said? Fucking little shit ruining my plans and he's not even here. Shouldn't have fucking used his name. But maybe...maybe it's a good cover. Yes, yes. This could work. I'll make it work.

Her revelations were helpful and Zerxes found himself wondering if he should know who Nalda was. And who was her mother, for that matter? Thankfully, the male had only just arrived in Relic Lore a few months before. While he had quite a reputation already, he doubted it extended this deep into the Lore. He only had to claim having no knowledge of his little brother's previous endeavors which was as truthful as Zerxes could ever be in his life.

"I can't say I blame her," he confided, dipping his head as if to whisper it to her though no one else was around to hear. "He's not my favorite at the moment either. After all, who gets themselves lost in a storm?" Smiling sweetly, the masked male dipped his head in formal greeting. "Lovely Miss @Treyah. It is a pleasure to meet you. I should have introduced myself first. My name is Zerxes Zamora." It was not in Z's habit to offer such information about himself unless in taunt, but if his plans to integrate himself into a pack were to come to fruition, he had to at least play the part well. "If you wouldn't mind leading the way, I'd love to meet your mother and the rest of your family as well. And by the sounds of it, apologize for my kin's behavior."

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

He confirmed that they were thinking of one and the same and she felt better for rushing ahead as she had. If it hadn't been at all, well then she was wasting words, wasn't she? At least it might lead to further conversation on two strangers sharing a name and the coincidence that they both knew (of), or maybe he would change his mind and decide she was a child after all and that just might have broken her heart. His tone dropped to something more conspiratorial and she stepped closer to better catch his words, her own smile matching his with a short giggle. Who got lost in a storm? Even she knew better than that!

"@Zerxes," she repeated the name, her smile only growing as he suggested she lead the way home, so she would do just that with a nod and a flourish of her tail to indicate that he should follow her. "Oh no need to apologise, mother doesn't hold people responsible for others fuck ups." The bad word felt foreign on her tongue, and she wasn't quite sure it suited her, but she used it none the less, trying to conceal the nervous smirk that came with using such language. Get it together! she scolded herself, or he's gonna treat you like a child.

A deep breath taken to settle her nerves, her eyes turned once again to the wide strath wondering if there was more of note than the bare trees, "There are trees like this at home," she attempted to make small talk, "Mother says they'll be covered in white flowers when it warms up, apparently they smell sweet too." Though she was sure that was where their usefulness ended.

Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora

Zerxes's brows winged up in amused surprise when the youngster let out such foul language. Where another may have chastised her for using such words - something about it being unbecoming of a lady - Z took no issue with it. In fact, it told him something vital. She was trying to impress him. Good. The lighter steps she took and the nervous spring left him smiling widely. What a perfect little specimen. Easy to manipulate and a gem to boot.

"That is a relief. I'm glad to know your mother is a reasonable wolf. I'm sure we'll get along famously."

Perfectly content to allow the pup to ramble in a vain attempt to hide her nervousness about her foul mouth, he inclined his head, tilting it just so with curiosity he did not truly feel. What sort of pup talked about trees in the company of a stranger? He expected more for her to ask him where he came from and things he knew.

Green eyes tracked back to follow her gaze and Zerxes found himself overcome with a heady sense of familiarity. There were trees like this at his home, too. The home he was meant to rule over. The home that had been stripped from him along with title and rank and any hope for leadership. Unjustly. Well. Perhaps not unjustly, but unfairly without consideration for how he would take it. With great restraint, he kept his lip from curling up at thoughts of his old life. He would be reliving it again shortly, he was sure. Kissing the tail of Alphas and being forced to do their bidding. It was not something he looked forward to, but a sudden snarl curdling in his stomach reminded him it was necessary at least in the short term.

"Maybe I will be around long enough here to see them in the Spring," Z said with a charming smile. "I've been looking to settle down for a while. I miss being around others. It's awful lonely on my own and I haven't heard from Camio in some time." Winning over the impressionable young lass could help wheedle his way into the ranks. What a beautiful opportunity @Treyah presented him with.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

She almost snorted when he assumed her mother to be a reasonable wolf. "She's stubborn, and old, and snappy when she's sore, and she could talk a limb off a tree when the mood takes her... but she lets people make their own mistakes to be judged by." There was a fondness to the girls words, despite the less than stellar impression she was giving. Free from the Bend she had been able to see a different side of the woman and had decided that she much preferred the Draw Naira to the Bend one.

At his suggestion that he might stay, her smile only grew wider. When he mentioned how lonely being a loner was she side-stepped to bump his shoulder with a smirk and a slap of her waving tail. "Don't worry! I'll keep you company!" she offered with a chipper tone. Even if @Zerxes didn't want to join, he could still stay close enough for her to visit but maybe it was worth giving the Draw a plug anyway, after all, all the other packs were days away.

"We're only fairly new... but I'm sure father would love to have you," it was almost certainly implied that she would too. "If you're looking for a pack that is. Everyone is really laid back, one of the ladies, Maera, she'd never even been in a pack before!" Her expression conveyed her silent can you even believe it?! because obviously, Treyah could not.

Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora

Though the girl's review was hardly glowing, Zerxes could readily pick out the overpowering loyalty daughter held for mother. That wasn't something he understood quite so easily. The fact that the male felt betrayed by his own parents was likely cause enough. But he was good at pretending to be empathetic when it suited him. "It's easy to see you love your mother very much," he commented in an attempt to deepen the bond of 'friendship.'

Zerxes loved children as much as he hated them. They were annoying and demanding and sometimes saw more than they were meant to see, but they were also useful and malleable and easily manipulated. They carried with them an inherent risk that got the masked male's blood going. This child, at least, was not a constant strain on his patience. She tried so hard to be grown.

The thin wolf stiffened subtly as he was bumped by her shoulder. There was a hairsbreadth of fury before he recognized the affection for what it was. She carried on, seemingly blissfully unaware, for which Z thanked his stars. Shock had been an ally, for had any other done such a thing, he would have given a vicious bite for their troubles. It was better to know now that she was rather physical in her affection. With the initial surprise over with, he smiled widely, just a hint of teeth showing. Good. Good. He could get physical, too.

"I think it is high time I join a pack," he agreed. "And I would be honored to share one with you." Zerxes allowed his green gaze to soften and dipped his head to offer a lingering kiss to her forehead. "You have a very kind heart, @Treyah. Thank you for taking the time to help me."

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

She might have thought to shrug off his comment about her mother, she supposed as mothers went, she was doing fairly alright. She hadn't disappeared or died on her yet, and despite ripping them out of the only pack they had ever known, dragging them across a mountain in the middle of winter and letting them starve for over a month, they were all still alive, weren't they? So she wasn't really in a position to complain too much. None of this would make it into the open air though, as her ears turned to catch the rest of what @Zerxes had to say.

He moved his snout close to her forehead and under her fur, Treyah's face was growing hot. Her smile morphed into something coyer as her eyes tried to find her toes, unable to pull away from the gesture but certain he would feel the heat radiating from the very tips of her ears. "Naaaw," she tried to compose herself, "S'not a big deal really." It was hard to sound serious when she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. Butterflies had invaded her stomach and her joints felt as shaky as a newborn fawn. She almost stumbled into his side again, barely catching herself as their fur mingled. She gave her head a small shake. She had to get herself together! "So-uh..." Her voice was an octave higher than it should have been, "I-uh guess I'll lead the way then?"