707 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

she's a butcher with a smile — Midnight Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
@Kyna  LoNG LIVE KREER

+ an RE b/c i can sue me: The Lore experiences a bout of unseasonably warm weather.

Much had happened in the recent weeks. He had joined Kyna on a brief visit to Riddle Heights—the place where they had first met and the place the strawberry blond felt most at home. Prior to that he had discovered that his parents had both passed away, the message delivered by his younger sister. The sister he (and Morganna) had left behind in the willows. Greer tried not to dwell on their deaths, for he knew how much his mother would hate to see him wallow. So, the shadow did what he did best and he dismissed the sorrow that gnawed hungrily at his mind. They were gone—there was nothing he could do to change that. Instead of allowing grief to consume him Greer remained unfazed, their deaths nothing but a blemish on his timeline.

Emotions never came easy to the Archer. Except for when they involved his little flame. Only then was he overcome by emotions he had never experienced before, suffocating him with greedy, frantic hands. At first he felt guilty for not being as upset over the death of his parents, but he did not know how. His heart ached at the thought of never being able to see his mother or father again, but the ache was only temporary. It did not linger as the days passed.

Perhaps he was broken. Something wrong in his head—a screw loose, or missing completely. He did not mind. Things were better this way.

He skirting through the mountains, the trek much easier than the one he had endured with Kyna with the unseasonably warm weather. There was still snow and ice covering most of the rock, but much of it had melted with March’s arrival. Shortly after the sun had dipped below the horizon line he had left for the mountains, his long legs carrying him quickly across the rocky terrain. His conversation with Morganna had been unexpected, but it had released a weight off his shoulders. She had released him from Whitestone so he could find his mountain girlfriend, whatever that meant. So, that was precisely what he was doing.

Just as he entered the plateau the dark skies began to fall away, the soft glow of the morning sun kissing the horizon. A sigh caused his chest to heave as he found a rock to perch himself on, his mercury gaze focused on the rising sun. A crooked smile had found its way onto his dark features, his toes curling into the stone as he enjoyed the quiet moment. He had all the time to find his little flame, but for now his thoughts were free of her as he relished in the silence.

(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2017, 03:23 AM by Greer.)
[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

So many wolves, and no Greer. Why did it seem she always ran into strangers whenever she actually had somewhere to be? Of course, she was relying on the idea that Greer would stay at his home in the Whitesone pack. Would it be difficult to get him to the borders? Would the pack alphas deny him a visitation? She only wanted to see him, whatever it was, she knew he could fix it, the same way he fixed everything. At some point, Kyna was starting to think it was just one foot in front of the other, a forced march northward – but she felt so off track. She hadn’t eaten. She’d barely had anything to drink. When it would have bothered her on any other day, the burning in her skin, it drove her onwards like a fire licking at her tail.

Was she going to die?

She had to see Greer before she went. The man deserved so much more, but at the very least, she could give him a goodbye. Perhaps fate was finally smiling upon the young redhead, for not long into the day’s travel did she scent someone very familiar upon the breeze. Fire bright eyes widened and she broke into a run, caring little for the way the slushy snow slipped under her feet, or that she was forced to hurdle stones and fallen logs in the treacherous conditions. “Greer!” she crowed, her voice thick. Hurting. Wanting. Needed. “I’ve been looking for you. How did you know!?”

Resources by freepik.com, table by Kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
editted a lil bit of first post <3 also, did some pp, let me know if not okay & i'll take it out :*

It did not take long for his mind to wander to the scarlet wolf. She was the reason why he had ventured south, making his way through the mountains. Well, her and his sister, who had encouraged this venture. The shadow knew that if were to stay in these mountains he was going to have to introduce his sister to the wolf who had somehow managed to thaw his frigid heart. If it had not been for his sister and her ushering him off the monadnock, he would not be here right now. A soft smile cracked his dark lips. While he was in a hurry to locate his little flame, Greer wanted to savour the time he had to himself, for he did not know how long it would last.

Fate, however, appeared to have other plans.

Moments after her scent reached his nose she called out to him, breaking the silence that enveloped him. He unfolded himself off the ground clumsily and sprinted toward the scarlet streak. His tail wagged so hard and fast behind him for a moment Greer thought it might fall off, but he did not care. All he cared about was the strawberry blond in front of him.

She had been looking for him? He blinked, confused by her tone and the desperation behind it. “Greer look for Ky. Tell Ky,” he started softly, his nose brushing along her fur once they reached each other, breathing in her familiar scent. The smell of home. “Why Ky look Greer?” He asked, his head snapping back as he tried to focus his attention back on what she had said. She looked positively frazzled. Worry began to gnaw, greedily, at his stomach, the corners of his mouth dropping as he studied her with frantic eyes. “Ky ok?”

(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2017, 04:16 AM by Greer.)
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

For a few, blissful moments, her mind went silent. She thought nothing, felt nothing, save for the churn of snow beneath her feet. Greer met her halfway, and she all but threw her thin frame into his own. Where his head snapped back, she simply followed the motion, relishing only the texture of coarse winter coat against her chilled nose. She cherished the thick, rich scent that belonged only to him. As he spoke, the words slowly brought the world back into focus – there was so much more around her, she came to realize, and Kyna finally tuned in, though that did not include removing her nose from the man’s ruff.

“Better now,” she replied, realizing the burning feeling just beneath her skin hadn’t gone away it all – it was only temporarily abated. She brushed herself up against Greer again, almost unaware she was spreading her scent all over her friend. Friend. He was so much more than that.

It did occur to Kyna (eventually) that she was asked more than one question. She racked her mind. Why? There wasn’t a direct reason, she supposed – it just felt right. Like she needed him. Like she still needed him, more than she ever had before. “I-- Something’s different,” she finally explained, having not the words to tell Greer just what was wrong. This was not a discussion she’d ever had with the adults back at Oak Tree Bend. “At first I thought it was the weather… But it isn’t. It’s me, I’m different. Like my mom gets. I don’t know what it means, I just – I just knew you make me feel safe and good and I just had to find you. It’s always been you.”

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
@Kyna <3

Something was off about the scarlet wolf before him. It reminded him of when he had indulged in a few fermented apples and she had fussed over him. Now it was his turn to fuss.

As she brushed her pelt against his own the shadow’s brows snapped up in surprise, ears falling flat against his crown. This was new territory for the lanky Archer—despite all their clandestine meetings, she had never been so physical with him before. Any contact between them was usually brief, almost hesitant. Perplexed, Greer followed suit, his thin snout resting between her shoulders, his chest pressed against her shoulder. While the shadow was buzzing with excitement to tell her why he had been looking for her, in typical Greer-fashion he remained quiet, listening to her response. Different? A frown cut across his maw and he pulled back, mercury gaze meeting pools of gold.

It’s always been you. He blinked, his mouth suddenly dry. And it had always been Kyna. Ever since their first meeting Greer had known that the russet girl was important to him. At first he didn’t understand but he never fought the feelings that bubbled up inside his chest. If it had not been for his loyalty to his family, the shadow would have done this a lot sooner. Being with her, it was as though nothing else mattered. Each time they saw each other it got harder and harder to leave and now… now they wouldn’t have to part ways. Greer couldn’t imagine being anywhere but at her side.

He could barely comprehend his own thoughts as her scent consumed him. The shadow pressed his nose into her cheek as he stepped toward her, filling the space he had created between them. As soon as his fur entwined with hers fire exploded through his body. For the first time in nearly three years things felt right, as if there was where he was supposed to be all along. “Always Ky,” he murmured into her ginger fur as he crushed himself into her side. The shadow felt as though he was drowning in her but he didn’t mind. “Greer,” he started, his voice muffled by her fur as he paws shifted uncomfortably beneath him, “G-Greer, uh…” Voicing his feelings had never gone well for the Archer. Mostly because he dismissed them, pushing them into the dirt. He fell silent once more, words hanging off the tip of his tongue, but not yet spilling into the cold air. 

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

For a few dreadfully long seconds, Kyna was beginning to fear she’d actually broken her friend. Silence was usual for him, yes, but she’d just babbled her head off about feelings and importance and maybe that was too much. Maybe he didn’t want to know that? Was she even supposed to tell him that kind of thing? All at once, the redhead wished she had someone she could actually ask – where Greer was usually her confidant, it left her a bit at a loss when she floundered through their relationship. What it was, what she wanted – how to reconcile those two things.

A massive sigh shuddered through the younger wolf, relishing only the feel of Greer pushed against her thick coat, as well. For a moment, she could pretend they were the same. Felt the same. Always Ky. Did that mean--?

But hadn’t he told her he couldn’t stay? Her ears flickered forward, almost straining with her vehement wish that he might reverse all of the things he had said. Change his mind. Run away with her to the mountainside, where they could be happy, and together, and everything else that had come before wouldn’t matter any more. He could be hers, and she could be his, and she struggled to breath as she realized that was just what she wanted.

“But Greer…?”

What did he want?

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
 i did the thing @Kyna

How was he supposed to tell her that being apart from her, even for a few days, was agonizing. That being together, despite his loyalty to Whitestone, was far more important. His sister, who had never had the pleasure of meeting the strawberry blond, had been able to sense and relieved him of his Whitestone duties. To find her. To be with her.

The words hung on the tip of his tongue, impatiently waiting to be released into the cold air. If he had been any other wolf, the words would have come easier. Flung forward without hesitation.

Unfortunately, things were not so easy for the Archer. But he had to try.

He did not move from his position at her side, the corners of his mouth falling as she spoke suddenly, breaking the silence that he had purposely allowed to fall over them. His toes curled uncomfortably against the stone, his tail tucked tight against his body. Her scent, which was unusually intoxicating, soothed his mind, allowing him to put together a response. To explain the mess of emotions in his head—the emotions he had never wanted, but now didn’t want to disappear. Things had so much easier without feelings. At least they were only focused on the strawberry blond. That was all he could handle.

“Morg said Greer leave,” he started quietly as he pulled away from the comfort of her scarlet fur, his silver gaze meeting pools of gold. “Said find Ky.” Mountain girlfriend. “Be with Ky. Greer want Ky. Not sometime. All time.” Another pause, his eyes quickly diverting away from hers as his ears fell flat against his skull. “Greer, uh,” he stuttered, his tongue feeling heavy once more, “G-Greer… GreerloveKy. The words were rushed, fumbling over each other, as his cheeks flushed hot beneath his obsidian fur. He couldn’t look at her, for his heart felt as though it was beating out of his chest and he was certain if he looked at her, or tried speaking again, he would vomit. 

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Kyna had no idea who this ‘Morg’ was, but whomever the named belonged to, she owed them quite a few thanks. She (or he, she supposed) had encouraged her shadowy friend to find her, as if this unwitting guardian angel somehow knew the strawberry blond was beginning to fear her affection was one-sided. That they were good friends, yes, but Greer was {word}heart-whole[/i] with her, that her feelings would forever go unrequited. And then, all at once, the words came tumbling out – they could have lit her up and set her free, launched her right into the sky and sailing away.

Greer loved Kyna. Greer loved Kyna.

Was this real life? Was she really allowed to have something so good?

A delighted sound bubbled out from her chest as she danced around, happy tears prickling in the corners of her eyes. “I love you, too,” she replied, absolutely breathless. “And I want that. Very much. To be with you for all time.” A memory struck her just then, and she peeled herself away from the shadow, just enough so fire-bright eyes could meet the precious of pair of moonstones mirroring her. “I-- You told me once that we can choose our family. And I want you to be my family. To be together. Mates. Our own family.”

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
~SCREAMING~

Instantly he regretted the words that tumbled out of his mouth. Not because he didn’t mean them, but because he was left feeling incredibly vulnerable. A feeling that Greer was not familiar with. His heart was beating so loudly in his ears that he almost did not hear Kyna repeating his words, confirming that she felt the same way. That she wanted to be with him, always. A soft grin broke his stoic exterior as he watched her jump around excitedly, her movements illustrating how he felt on the inside. He did not know how long he had felt this way—perhaps he always had, just never understood it. Just like vulnerability, love was a feeling that he had never gotten properly acquainted with. He knew he loved her. From her dark, russet ears to her creamy toes, Greer loved every piece of her.

As his gaze of liquid mercury met her fiery pools a line formed between his brows, ears twitching. His smile only widened as she spoke, tail swaying gently behind him. Mates. The word was foreign to him, for he had never expected to be in this position. Despite his feelings for the scarlet wolf blossoming over time, the Archer had never expected anything to come of it. He always believed that Kyna would find someone else and he would be cast to the sidelines. Mentally, he had prepared himself for it. Fortunately for the couple, Morganna had given her little brother the gentle push that he needed. “Mates,” he repeated, testing the word out for himself. The smile he wore was causing his cheeks to ache, but he did not mind. Our family,” he nodded in agreement as he stepped forward, filling the space between them with his slender body. His chest was pressed to her shoulder as he nipped affectionately at her ear. He no longer had to worry about the time between their visits lengthening. Now he could see her whenever he pleased—and they were together.