(See All?) Announcements
243 Users Online
Google, Adelard, Apollo, Bing, Chan

Ghosts don't believe in you either — Hidden Tree 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
The temperature drops suddenly, like you've walked into something totally surreal.
and it hurts like hell to be thrown around
Treyah Tainn

It was all so much, so was it any wonder the girl had waited until her siblings were asleep to run away? Treyah hadn't gone far at all really, just up the length of the draw, through the blackened down, only as far as the abandoned den that marked where Hidden Tree had been. This was where it all started for her family, really, wasn't it? The Tainn's of Hidden Tree. They'd left Swift River in the end too, would the Draw end up just like those places? A cold, silent forest with passers by oblivious to the history that had dwelled here? Were the Tainn's really cursed to just wander forever with no real home to call their own?

A cloud passed over the moon and with it the temperature seemed to drop so suddenly that it caused the fur to stand up along her spine. It was almost as if someone or something had just passed through her, the low lying fog swirled of its own volition, as though someone was weaving a path directly to the den at the base of the old charred tree and her breath caught in her chest, a tight feeling wrapping around the base of her throat as her heartbeat thundered in her ears.

Perhaps, she wasn't meant to be here...

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

The old den was not so abandoned tonight as it might have once been, for at the entrence pair of eyes was staring out from the shadows into the open. Those eyes were not friendly and as the poison green tinted orbs looked out from the opening, they turned at the approaching wolf. A stern gaze remained for a long time until the eyes closed and were not seen again. Had there been someone or was it just darkness playing tricks? Maybe a ghost? Perhaps she should come closer - if she dared.

Garmir had decided to bunker in the old abandoned den for tonight as he had accidentally stumbled upon it on his travel. Tonight was particularly cold and the lone wolf was grateful for his luck of finding such a place abandoned and away from everything. Only if his luck were to extend as far as not to have anyone disturb him, which was proving unlikely. Perhaps this was not luck at all but quite the opposite, Garmir having accidentally cornered himself into a den with a stranger outside.

He retreated deeper into the den and laid low, awaiting and hoping that the other would just take the hint and go away. He wasn't so much worried for his ability to defend himself, but he'd rather not get into a fight right now when he had so much more ground to cover and so little energy to waste. He wasn't going to play submissive however and should anyone's head come peeking at the entrence it would be met with a growl and demand to leave him be. This den was taken.

(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2017, 11:36 PM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
and it hurts like hell to be thrown around
Treyah Tainn

Now that the moon was making it's way out from behind the cloud Treyah noticed other sworls of fog before her. She wasn't necessarily a superstitious wolf but standing right here, where her roots were, so to speak... She couldn't help but get a little wrapped up in the ghost stories. She couldn't help herself, drawing in a short breath before breaking the silence of the night. "L-Lani? Rihael?" She watched as the fog seemed to still, another wave of indescribable cold washed over her. Perhaps, she should ask some advice, or maybe she should just take a hint and leave. "I umm... I'm your granddaughter, Treyah." She was starting to feel a bit silly but it wasn't like there was anyone around to see, right?

"See, I'm currently leading a pack just south of here, even though I'm only a yearling and I just... I think I'm in too deep, so if you've got any advice..." She didn't expect a response. She was being silly after all, there was no such thing as ghosts.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: This might lead into something funny xD

Garmir remained hunkered down inside the den while he waited for someone to appear or enough time to pass to be sure he was alone. Least of all he expected someone asking advice from him - or whomever she thought was inside the old den. The night was quiet enough, so he heard the words, even if they sounded more faint with some distance between them. The earthen male pressed his forehead agains the ground, in a form of facepaw as he listened her. He decided give her what she asked, but would not go as far as to pretend he was actually ghost, albeit not revealing he wasn't one either. Whatever she thought about this encounter would be up to her imagination.

He crawled forward little bit so that he could see the opening better, those green eyes again appearing at the entrence. He then repeated her name. "Treyah.." with a faint voice. It could have been just a whisper or nothing at all. Next words however were more clearly heard. "Treyah, being leader is a sacrifice. If you think of the pack before you think of yourself, then you are in right." -Garmir spoke, his voice slightly altered as it came from within the den. As soon as he had said that, he already cursed himself for choosing those words. What kind of soft moose crap he had just uttered?

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

The fog had clearly been swirling outside the den, so when a voice emerged from within her fur stood on end as the electric feeling of fear coursed through her body. She almost turned an ran right then, but there had to be a logical explaination surely. She stepped closer, her movements stiff and guarded as her nose tried to cut through the dampening cover of the fog. "S-show yourself!" She demanded with much more bravado than she felt. She wasn't particularly fast for all her bulk, and she was just a yearling. No matter how many spars she had with Zerxes and Kerb, neither ever truely intended her harm, and that left her at a distinct disadvantage when it came to dealing with strangers.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Phone post is phone post.

-----

Garmir was already regretting saying anything at all, but alas he had chosen this course of action and it would have not helped to leave Treyah without reply now. As demanded, he emerged from den as If summoned, fog swirling before him as his mass pushed air forth. Vapor came from his nostrils as he huffed with amused tone. "Booo"

Garmir's poison green eyes pierced through the fog, staring at the young alphess, waiting to see what she would do next. He had no intention to fight her, both for practical reasons and because it went strongly against his honor code - to strike at female, but he could have some fun. "Come closer, Treyah" -he invited with a wag of his tail and smile that was either too wide or not at all honest.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

Treyah flinched backward as a dark shape emerged from the den, a stifled scream little more than a high whine in the back of her throat, cut short by the sudden lump that formed in her throat, mouth suddenly dry enough for her tongue to stick to the roof.

She was working herself up over nothing, her logical mind tried to quietly explain while the rest of her emotions ran rampant. It was cold and dark, the fog was playing tricks on her, and her mother had been fond of telling her ghost stories before bed. Obviously the yeth hound had come to get her and she was going to vanish just like Naira had. Or at least that was what her pounding heart was telling her was going to happen. But she couldn't convince her paws to move until the specter spoke again.

Come closer... It was enough to make her lift a faltering paw and step in the stranger's direction, no matter how the fur along her spine bristled or her lips pulled taught across her muzzle. It was like her skeleton was going one way while her skin tried to go the other, but she was bewitched, just as Tenebrae had accused her of doing to him. She took another step closer, her body shaking with the effort as the temperature dropped again, but she couldn't find the words to question who this wolf was, or what they wanted.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Again phone post but I wan't to give you replies without delay. Also moose juice :3

- - - -

The shadowy figure that was Garmir awaited patiently for her to approach, all this time staring at her with a bit of smile on his face. True enough, the night was eerie enough for anyone with bit of imagination able to draw ghosts and demons out of anyone who was half consealed within the mist. Garmir should know as he too had been fooled before in very similar manner. As fun as this was, games were not his forte and he despised lying and pretending even if it was harmless. Treyah had gathered enough bravery to come forth and so Garmir would reward her with truth. "Good. Closer" -he lured.

He also begin to approach her, but made sure to do so slowly and in calm manner. There was obvious signs of hostility in his approach and as distance between them became less, more details came into view. The male was not a spectre or living shadow, but a brown pelted wolf with earthly colors. His eyes, while piercing and stern with odd color pattern were eyes of a Wolf very much alive. He was no ghost, but mere stranger. "What you so afraid of, Treyah?" -he asked with smooth If not mocking tone. "Fear is the enemy and you least of all should be afraid."

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah’s movements were far from her usual youthful fluidity, almost jolting her closer as the stranger also approached. His appearance was far more relaxed than her own but what was a girl to do? Scared half out of her wits as she was?

His words allowed some warmth back into veins that had been frosted over with terror, a hint of tension fleeing her shoulders as her head inched lower (though whether it was out of respect or a desire to cover her delicate throat was yet to be discerned). It was a good question really, and she was too naive to think that it might come to be used against her at a later date. She wasn’t nearly so wily as her mother had been. Her jaws cracked open, freeing her tongue from its prison atop her mouth.

”Everyone leaves. They keep disappearing and no matter how hard I look I can’t find them. I was raised on stories about monsters that would snatch young wolves from their dens. Monsters that looked like regular wolves...” Her courage was coming back to her, legs shifting to brace herself as golden eyes narrowed on green. ”How do I know you’re not one of them?”