(See All?) Announcements
524 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aven, Viorel

A disease like me — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 183 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Bane
Bane's death thread. I have played him four over four years now but his time has reached its end. He is the first and only puppy I have been able to successfully adopt on this site. I will miss writing out all his deep, melancholy thoughts. I figured Halloween was fitting for this. Please keep in mind, Bane does have rabies, so although anyone is welcome, keeping distance would be advised if you don't want your character to catch the disease. Farewell, Bane.

His decision was questionable at best. Thought up by a mind that had by far now lost touch with reality. He didn't want to hurt anyone. He didn't want to get anyone else sick. Even through his confused thoughts, he still knew this much. He couldn't allow himself the time to get worse. Couldn't allow himself to spread this across the Lore. ....Had he already? He needed to die. A whine bubbled in his throat, which then coughed and spat foam onto the rocky earth. 

It was ironic how this had come to be. That he would capture the same disease which drove his father and his pack into insanity. That he would be bitten in the same place which his father had been killed for his careless actions. Bane had always been a man filled with some amount of regret, but nothing so much as to walk into the Verdant Mosses. But he would never be able to take it back now. Never be able to get better and spend the rest of his life at Inali's side. Would she have ever called him hers? Would have they ever formed a family of their own? He would never know now... And if Bane could have it his way, he would never see her again, if only to keep her safe from this. 

He missed her so much and at this point couldn't decide how long it had been since he had seen her. Days? Weeks? A year? Another whine escaped him as he thought of this, stumbling along the Rocky terrain of the Riddle Heights. This was certainly a horrible place to die, in his opinion. It was cold, hard, unforgivable... It was not like the warmth and comfort of the forest, or so he would have liked to remember it as. Now, he couldn't remember why he left or how to get back. Not like he would want to in such a state. 

Bane has learned many things in his time as both a Woodlands member and Black Thorn wolf. Even so in the last year he had spent as a loner. Winter would come soon but it was not a fight he would have to endure again. The Poison Path had been the escape he was looking for, located just outside of the pack he had been otherwise "harrassing". Anything and everything was food to him at this point and although he was still aware he should not ingest this plant, he did so anyhow with purpose - leaves, stem, root and all. 

It didn't take long for whatever dillusions he had to become amplified and although the display looked quite horrific to a third person's view, Bane was slowly finding his peace. On the outside, was a very sick wolf with an unkempt, dirty coat, soaked with saliva, his paws bloody from the cuts on the rocky earth and the wound from his bite on his foreleg festering. His dull eyes darted around endlessly over the horizon of a new foggy morning, as he laid on his side, his breath erratic, his heart racing. But for Bane, @Aideen was there chewing some herbs, tending his wound. @Inali was there, promising that everything would be alright and that she loved him and @Miccah was ever watchful in the background, guarding his pack. With them around, nothing couldn't be solved. How stupid of him to have thought he would end up dying here alone.... 

And then he could see Nina now, coming up to walk past Miccah, stopping near Inali's side. Bane's tail pounded the earth with excitement. He couldn't remember being this happy in so long. "I've missed you so much...." He whispered, his eyes glossing over. Nina would whisper to him that she was here for him now. She would ask him to close this eyes and rest easy. It was time to sleep now. Without hesitation, Bane obeyed. 
Played by becuffin who has 30 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eurus
'Cause I've been on the run so long they can't find me
Eurus

She wasn't entirely sure what had drawn her back to the mountain. Perhaps it was a hope to run into that strange woman again or maybe it was just the way the wind blew on that particular day. Once she had made it as far as the lake though it was pure curiosity that sent her down the nightshade lined path, shadowing the scent of another. There was a familiar taint underlying it all but Eurus didn't feel afraid, there was little for her to worry about after all, as clever as she was.

Maybe, she was even a little too late. Resigned to his fate it seemed he had ingested a large quantity of the poisoned plants that grew here. "A pity, really..." she spoke softly as she drew closer, even going so far as to lean down with a thought to nudge the skinny dark corpse. But he wasn't quite gone yet, and she wasn't nearly so on guard as she ought to be. When a seemingly final tremor wracked the man she leapt back, narrowly avoiding a snap towards her leg. It was even enough to get her heart pounding, that familiar trickle of adrenalin making her feel more alive than she had since she pushed that woman into the river. Huh. Apparently it worked both ways.

Eurus exit
(This post was last modified: Nov 17, 2017, 11:42 PM by Eurus.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity