532 Users Online
Bing, Sophrosnia, Google

Leviathan hid in the deep where her children sleep — Blackened Down 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Late night, Mostly Cloudy, 15°F (-9°C)

He was an awful father and perhaps even an awful husband. Next thing he knew was going to be an awful leader - if he wasn't already.

Kerberos should have stayed by @Maera's side tonight. He should have been there to make sure she stayed and slept but goodness he needed to breathe and be alone. There was something sadly funny in everyone around him leaving and disappearing and yet he still needed alone time. Sooner or later he would have all the alone time he needed...

With a heavy sigh, he kept moving through the Blackened Downs. It was a rather secluded spot nestled between the Draw and the old Hidden Tree den. There he knew he would be alone. Between the fog and the time of night, no one would be breathing down his neck. Or at least he hoped no one would be. Kerberos figured there might be a few owls still hooting or smaller prey passing by but they could be ignored with ease.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
it hurts like hell to be torn apart
Treyah Tainn

Treyah hadn't been sleeping lately. Sure she would make a show of going into the den when she put her siblings to sleep but once their breathing was even she would slip into the night, doing another pass of the borders, filling another cache, or simply slipping into the night to be alone. Tonight though, it would seem her co-lead had the same idea. When she crossed his path at first, her steps faltered but then she thought better of it. They were in this together now, she should check and make sure the dark masked man was okay.

Her steps were light as she closed the distance between them, not hestitating to step in close enough that their fur would mingle. She sat by his side, leaning into his flank as she let her head dip low to plant a small kiss against the underside of his jaw in silent greeting. She didn't speak right away, allowing a few breaths to pass through her nose before she broke the silence, her voice barely a whisper in the dark. "I'm sorry, about the meeting. I know you only want what's best for all of us."

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He would have been startled, perhaps even angry if the touch and scent had not been so familiar to him. His fur did dance upwards at first but it was not out of aggression. She had simply caught him off guard. Kerberos had thought she had been slumbering with her siblings but he supposed even some nights the tawny Tainn pulled the wool over his eyes.

"Oh, don't apologize." He whispered back as he settled onto his rear. It was cold out here in the dark, her touch was welcomed with a small lean into her from him. "I don't always know what's best, ya know." Yellow eyes stared out into the charred lands as he let a certain silence settle between them. He knew that if anyone was going to be there until the end it was Treyah. She had made that much obvious over the past few months. Kerberos wasn't completely foolish. There had been multiple better times to flee - and while she did travel - she always came home.

"Something keeping you up tonight?" He mused softly.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
it hurts like hell to be thrown around
Treyah Tainn

An ear turned towards Kerberos in the dark though the movement was hardly needed for how close they sat. Treyah's heart twisted in her chest as he told her he didn't always know what was best. That self doubt that she knew too well probably went a long way to weighing the masked man down. She returned his lean with one of her own, a silent offer of support as they allowed the silence to stretch on. When finally he broke the silence again, the ghost of a whispered laugh left her lips with little more than a billow of dragons breath, were it not for the dry smirk on her face it could have been mistaken for a sigh. "And every other night this week," she admitted ruefully.

"I dunno if its the weather or just... worry, I usually do a lap or two before I really go to bed but even that hasn't been enough lately." It wasn't that she was complaining, it was simply the way things were. They still hadn't found Naira, her brother was still missing. She was beginning to lose faith that Zerxes would ever be back and even with Dread joining the ranks they were no better off than they had been before with Maera out of action. "But enough about me. How are you? Really?" He'd been doing this longer than she had and the toll it had been taking on him was obvious. She wanted him to know she was here for him, and always would be.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He smirked despite the seriousness of the question. Kerberos had to wonder if perhaps the whole Draw had resorted to not sleeping,he sure hoped not otherwise they would have even more problems to deal with. Exhaustion in the colder seasons was no good for individuals or the pack as a whole.

His head nodded the slightest bit. "We can spar in the evenings if it helps." The Rigel male suggested with ease. Sure, Treyah might top him in size but he had refined his skills since coming into the Lore. Maera had made sure of that. He was content to relax and enjoy her company she flipped some questions onto him. Kerberos couldn't find it in him to make light of the situation. When was the last time he had been asked that? Not just in a passing conversation but in a way that someone really wanted to know? He sighed as if that might alleviate the pressure in his chest and on his shoulders.

"Really?" He spoke the word back softly. "Awful. Maybe." The male lead gave a short answer as he debated the long answer. "I just need a sign. I'll take anything at this point to know things will be okay for the Draw."

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
it hurts like hell to be torn apart
Treyah Tainn

Treyah allowed her eyes to drift over her companion in the moonlight, technically they might be equals now but that didn't change the fact that he was still her senior and she was just filling in. "Well, we've grown by one. When the weather gets colder loners will start looking for somewhere to bunk down for the winter. I'm sure there will be more." She was trying to sound optimistic but it didn't keep the hint of uncertainty out of her whispered words, and she acknowledged as much with a sigh.

But frowning barely suited her face so she decided to turn this conversation around. She didn't expect to hold this position for long so she was going to push her luck while she did. "Can you promise me one thing though?" There was a tilt to her head and a half smile on her face as she tried to face Kerberos without removing her flank from his, wondering if he would entertain her suggestion or not.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

"I hope so." For the sake of everyone here. He figured things had been good when they were founded and that was in the winter. Perhaps they were just made for the winter and Treyah was right. Kerberos took in a deep breath at a half-arsed attempt to soothe his tensions. They would appear later but for now, he wanted to relax. Hadn't then been why he had come out here in the first place? Granted he also thought he would have been alone. His company was good, though. It was why he hadn't turned sour when she showed up in the first place.

A soft hum left him at Treyah's question before he pulled back his neck to try and steal a glance at her. "Anything." Because making (and keeping) a promise was the very least he could do for her after everything she had done for all of them.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
all of your flaws and all of my flaws
Treyah Tainn

When he answered with anything she allowed a short giggle to leave her chest, "Well that could be dangerous," she teased enough for her sides to shake, but she hadn't the time to think of something outlandish to request outside of what she was already going to suggest. Still unable to wipe the smirk from her face she tried to look just a little more serious by at least straightening her shoulders. "Promise me if we make it through the winter there'll only be one litter of pups next year." She couldn't keep the hint of desperation out of her voice. She was sure by then Maera would be back to leading and her own siblings would be too young to cause any trouble. After all, it had seemed to be working just fine for Aponi, and from what she had gathered elsewhere it seemed to be the norm (for good reason obviously).

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
"You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground
Dig them up; let's finish what we've started
Dig them up, so nothing's left untouched"
- Flaws by Bastille

"You're right." He chuckled along with her. It may have been dangerous but she was smart and she had asked for one promise. It better be a good one promise. Of course, if she had asked for a hundred promises his answer would have likely stayed the same. He would never say that, though. Not openly.

His features smoothed out into some more neutral when her words finally met his ears. "I'll keep that promise as long as I'm still leading in the spring." Although his yellow gaze drifted away from her. Who would have the litter, though? Kerberos wondered if Maera would be willing - especially if they didn't find Lacey. He could push off the thought for a little bit as his stomach churned. "Any boys I need to be worried about you running off with?" A brow raising and a smirk tugging softly. She doubted she had time for crushes but she had brought someone home recently. Hopefully, not another Zerxes.