looking up — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by anyu who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anyu Sol
you come to me with scars on your wrist
you tell me this will be the last night feeling like this

Continued from I Need Hope To Start Again

Emerging from the oppressive flora in the Thicket, Anyu found that the sun was shining overhead and there were few clouds in the sky. Natheless, it was cold. In the middle of winter even a cloudless sky did not guarantee warmer weather. Taking a moment to bask in the sunlight after being under the thick vegetation of the thicket for so long, Anyu closed her eyes and pointed her head to the sky. Though her troubles still weighed heavily in her mind, she felt much stronger than she had in the last several months. She hadn't realized how much she had missed the company of other wolves.

Standing in the sun at the top of a gentle slope where she could look over a portion of Blackberry Fields, Anyu lifted her head in a more confident and dominant position. Her tail was higher too, though it signaled that she was about to start hunting and not that she was claiming any sort of dominance. For once she was excited, but she didn't want to take complete control; it seemed inappropriate to do so when they were all three loners, equal in her mind. She turned to see if her two companions - Valtyr and Akila - had emerged from the thicket yet, and then she turned her head to the fields and began to take in deep breaths of the air. There was a light wind, luckily blowing straight into her face, giving her a good idea of what was going on in the fields.

The smell of snow and damp grass was heavy, but at first there seemed to be very little else in the wind to signal that there was something in the fields to hunt. She took another deep breath, this time picking up the faint scent of deer in the wind. If she was correct, there were several deer but they were some distance away. Most likely a small group - perhaps a buck and some does - had strayed into the fields to find any grass showing through the snow.

Anyu did not wait to see if her companions could smell the deer as well. She set off at a gentle trot down the hill, heading straight into the breeze. This seemed as good a chance as any, and she wanted to take advantage of it.

i just came to say goodbye
didn't want you to see me cry, i'm fine
user posted image
Played by Ksi who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Akila Ulrin

OOC: Wooh, new table!

the ghost within your eyes

the whisper in your sighs...

The end of the caress of the entangling of branches that gracelessly formed the rough Thicket came to her like a breath of sweet relief. The time spent inside, along with the at first thorny encounter they had improvised had left her longing for a feel of the outside world, and as soon as her lungs filled with the sweet cologne of the frozen winter scent, she shivered at the feel her body and soul resting at once. But it was not the time to laze around, and her eyes soon found themselves seeking for a peek of the slimsy female she had agreed to follow in the impetus of the hunt. Akila couldn’t help but tense her lips in a brief grin as she observed how the stance of the white camouflaged lady transformed into the one of a leader. She seemed excited, and the blonde femme would not blame her for that. Even though her mind couldn’t get rid of the sadness the other had professed with the sole touch of their gaze, there was something inside of her restless reason that told her it was not the only thing the apparently weak female was hiding. One should never judge a book by its cover, and the stout femme was almost sure that Anyu, the weak and broken Anyu was about to prove the proverb right.

Feral digits sank into the crystalized land for an elongated instant of bounding, and her flag lifted slightly as she felt the force of the breeze dance across the field, caressing her pelt and the ones of their companions. Warm blood started to flow deep inside, rushing her hunger for distant blood with every pound of her beating heart as her imagination ran forward of the actual time. She sniffed, nostrils twitching, and soon found what she was looking for. Despite the harsh season, there was hunt to trap - perhaps not too far, she adventured to think-, and Anyu had seemed to feel the scent as well, as she had already started her moves against the wind.

With a quick leap, Akila began her trot down the hillock that lead to the endless field, looking out of the corner of her caramel eyes to see if the other wolf – Valtyr- was following. She rushed across the snow, following the trail of the advanced hunter. She was prepared for anything that had to come.

"So what can I tell you?" // "Think life's the length of this play"

You see

B E L I E V E

(This post was last modified: Jan 24, 2012, 02:11 AM by Akila.)
Played by anyu who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anyu Sol

OOC// figured we should finally get this under way
also, pretty table!

you come to me with scars on your wrist
you tell me this will be the last night feeling like this

The fields were wide, but Anyu had a feeling that it wouldn't take long for them to find the deer that were hidden somewhere among the gentle slopes that rose from the open fields. As she crested the first hill she kept low, making sure that the deer wouldn't see her if they were on the other side. As it were, they were not, but she could smell them more clearly now and she felt that they were closer, perhaps beyond the next hill.

She noticed the other female, Akila, following her at some point, but she didn't see the black male, Valtyr, just yet. Too bad. She had rather liked the male. But her opinion of Akila was changing, and she was pleased to have someone to hunt with for the first time in a while.

At last she began to climb the next slope. She slowed her pace as the breeze grew stronger, blowing the powerful scent of deer into her face. Yes, the deer were just over the hill. Of that she was certain. Slowly she crept forward, keeping her body low to the ground. The snow camouflaged her thanks to her white fur, giving her a distinct advantage in this terrain, where the snow had fallen the most because of the lack of trees. The deer would have a hard time spotting her in a field of snow that was the same color as her coat.

As she crested the hill she spotted the deer almost instantly. They were packed closely together as they crossed the fields, pawing at the ground here and there to expose the grass trapped beneath the snow. They stood out against the white background of the fields. For a while Anyu thought that they were all packed to closely together; it would be difficult to separate one from the rest of the herd. Then she noticed a lone doe, several yards south and west of the herd, in the perfect position to be targeted by two hunting wolves.

She signaled to Akila, refraining from speaking lest the deer hear her, pointing out the lone doe and requesting that she go around so that they might come at it from both sides. Then she began to crawl forward down the gentle slope, keeping as silent and as invisible as possible as the deer wandered ever farther away from the herd, closer to the two wolves.What a stupid creature, she thought to herself as she reached the bottom of the hill and hid behind a small snow drift, waiting for Akila to get into position.

i just came to say goodbye
didn't want you to see me cry, i'm fine
user posted image