(See All?) Announcements
543 Users Online
Aven, Bing, Google, Neva, Sophrosnia, Viorel

stopped listening the moment you spoke — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Cadence who has 48 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Roland Whitebark
all welcome! tbc - yes, ro is trespassing, like legit just waltzed in so i'mma tag the whole pack as its not likely anyone wouldn't know: @Kerberos @Treyah @Triell @Maera @Dread @Garmir @Cannon @Lana

He hadn't ceased being angry for a long time now. Those large paws he'd only just recently grown into carried him across the snow-coated earth with a heated determination to find some way to vent the steam within him. Leaving with mum was supposed to do it. Leaving her to get away from the memory of Ophelia was meant to end it. Coming back to the Hollow was supposed to turn back time and take him to when things had been, at the least, okay. No matter where he turned, however, everything insisted on disappointing him. Well, he was fed up with that. If he couldn't trust the familiar, he'd just have to forge ahead and take what he wanted from life.

So he had travelled arbitrarily East, toward the mountain range that had always piqued his curiosity, and that was how he came upon the Draw. His nose set to work, siphoning in the air greedily. The boy had never learned about other packs, but he didn't see why any wouldn't do. Roland didn't know he was meant to knock, didn't consider that he would actually have to prove himself an asset to these strangers. Wolves were here, and he belonged with his kind. All he had to do was introduce himself, right?

His long strides took him deeper into the pack's territory without hesitation, his gold eyes seeking out the frames of any of the strange forest's inhabitants so that he could wave them down and let them know he would be joining them.
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
lord i pray, i have a life that's good
Treyah Tainn

Treyah was cruising around the borders steadily. Things were changing for the better, or so she had to keep telling herself. She would head out again once this final pass was taken to try and catch any sign of Suka. She couldn't convince herself he was dead, otherwise there would have been a body. She wouldn't allow herself to worry about the possibilities that extended beyond his initial attack. She was ripped from her thoughts as a strange scent crossed the borders. Kerberos hadn't told her to be expecting anyone and it wasn't a wolf she had encountered before, so a short warning howl was sent up for the rest of the pack as she turned to follow the trail.

He almost matched the charred trunks of the trees, snow washing some of them out to the same silvered grey. Her tail rose, her stance was guarded but hardly aggressive, particularly when she realised the boy shared an age with her younger siblings. They had allowed wandering pups to take shelter with them before. Maybe he had lost his family and needed help finding them again. "Can I help you? I'm Treyah, one of the leaders here." Remembering how Kerberos reacted to the last wolf that just strolled across their borders put her on edge. No doubt her call would lead him here too. "My co-lead might be a bit put out about you being so deep within the territory without announcing yourself..." It was as much warning as she could spare with familiar footsteps closing in.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He wasn't far when the call went up. Perhaps lucky for whoever waltzed into their home. Unlike his co-lead, his stance was rigid and dominate showing an obvious distaste for the trespasser already. His hardened yellow gaze settled on the large child who should have been old enough to know better.

"Kerberos, one of the leaders of Charred Ash Draw." A swift and to the point introduction. "I strongly advise you seeing yourself to the borders and we can talk things out." Everyone deserved a warning before he snapped his teeth like some unholy beast. Yet that didn't stop his lip from twitching. This time he would not ease up on his verdict. The child had been able enough to walk into this place and did not arrive in a crumpled mess much like @Garmir had. Which meant he could likely also walk himself out.
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2018, 12:44 AM by Kerberos.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Roland Whitebark
He heard a call, and something about it picked at his nerves. Was something going on? Ah, there someone was. He caught sight of her tawny against the bleak landscape before she spoke up, pristine paws angling to take him to her. His own posture was casual, as the situation calling for subservience was another item on the list of what he did not know. Roland forced a smile at her initial greeting, thin but awkwardly toothy. It'd been a while since he'd worn the expression, and it fell away as she carried on. Cocking an eyebrow, he managed to speak before Keberos' arrival.

"Announcing myself? That's why I've been looking for someone."

What, did she think he was just strolling through to stretch his legs? Before he could inquire further, another wolf arrived, this one with a far different demeanor than the first. His taught and threatening posture should have frightened or shamed Roland, but instead it rubbed his fur the wrong way. He felt his own hackles bristling, gaze darkening into a glower as his ears tipped back against the man's words. The guy was acting like Roland had wronged him somehow. Well if he had something to say, why'd they have to go all the way back? Couldn't he say it right here?

"What's your problem? I haven't done anything, I just came to introduce myself."
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

Treyah knew all too well what it was like to have a parent that wasn't all there. If she hadn't had the support of the pack she might never had learned the appropriate cues and responses and she knew for certain that her siblings wouldn't t have, so her stance softened to counter the rigidity of Kerberos's. "Well, usually wolves don't wander into strange territories, they stop and howl for someone to come to them. Otherwise the wolves that live there might get upset, and attack them, mistaking them for a thief or someone that means them harm." She had a gentle smile on her face, her tail giving a low wave. If he wasn't familiar with the lay of the land she might be able to coax him back to the border without him being any the wiser. "Wanna walk with me while we talk? You can tell me your name and a little bit about yourself." She brushed against Kerb softly as she moved to set out, a quick silent glance send pleadingly in his direction. He's just a kid.

Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Garmir is essentially watching this from some distance away, not taking part of conversation. You can skip posting order with him. (timezone difference is big >_<)!

The earthen male was watching the little event unfold with a faintest of smile on his face. He could tell Kerberos was not particularly happy for seeing yet another trespasser withing his lands in such a short period, while Treyah in the other hand adopted her more.. caring personality from the start. This was too good to interrupt and thus, he himself stood some distance away from the conversation taking place, close enough to hear it, but far enough not to be active participant. He was of the lowest rank anyway, so his place was behind his leaders.

Of course, he did not just stand there doing nothing. Garmir's eyes and ears moved around, peering into distance to see if there were any other wolves whom might have accompanied the first. This particular scene reminded him of a scenario in his training where one wolf was sent to distract sentries while others prepared ambush.

The youngster did not seem properly respectful, he noticed.
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
No.

He was done and tired of Treyah being walked over. Her niceness would kill her if someone else didn't first. And he was done with seeming more like a hospitality than an actual pack. Kerberos was quite literally on the edge and it just so happened that the boy who wandered in was the final tipping point. Suddenly his posture took a dark turn, ignoring the pleading look from Treyah.

"No." He hissed verbally. "You will not be walked out." He snapped his teeth harshly towards the child, a warning sign that he ought to get moving. The boy would be taught harshly and Treyah would witness that everything wasn't dandy. If the silver boy wouldn't move he would be met with Kerberos' teeth and if he did move Kerberos would make sure to give chase.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Roland Whitebark
js, kerb is more than welcome to take & land a hit on ro, just let me choose where in my next post if it goes down like that. <3

They were polar opposites, two plates to the balanced scales of leadership that did not equal out. Instead, as Kerberos' was weighted down with his aggression, Treyah's was lofted into an almost coddling demeanor. Naturally, Roland gravitated toward her care. She explained to him as quickly as she could what had occurred outside of his awareness, that apparently he had broken some unwritten rule, and perhaps if he were a less stubborn whelp he would've backed down. Of course, the other alpha didn't give him much of a chance either way.

His words cracked against Roland's eardrums and his frown twisted into an open scowl as the muscles within his legs tensed. At least he could recognize the intention behind Kerberos' body language, but Oula's son would fail to fully comprehend the danger he was in. Rather than mind the man he had angered, the yellow eyed youngster insisted on being defiant.

"You're going awfully far outta your way to be a dick."
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2018, 01:48 AM by Roland.)
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

Treyah was vaguely aware of their latest arrival somewhere in the vicinity, but she was trying to focus all of her energy on the youngster in front of her. That was, until Kerberos's voice hit her like a physical blow. Her ears folded down against her skull, and her tail curved between her legs, eyes growing wide as she took an uncertain step backwards. Had she done something so terribly wrong in caring for the stranger? or was this something else? When the boy responded it dawned on her that perhaps her words weren't enough to smooth this one over and the corner of her mouth drew down in worry. She wanted to go to Kerb, to calm him down but worried that doing so right now would undermine his authority and her own, but then the stranger was just a child... A rude one, but surely this was just a product of his upbringing and nothing that couldn't be corrected with a little care and love?

Her eyes flitted from one to the other, her paws rooted to the spot. She didn't know what to do.