(See All?) Announcements
502 Users Online
Google, Bing

i wonder what it's like — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
all welcome. The sky darkens with ash from a distant forest fire.

aleister vuesain
to be loved by you

With the rogue's older age, wanderlust should have diminished from his body by now. However, ever the wanderer, Aleister had to keep moving. He refused to travel far from his sister as he had given her a vow that he would never abandon her side. Though, she had to accept for his own sake of mind, his occasional travels. While their current situation wasn't stifling yet, he knew eventually, if their plan succeeded, they would have a family again in their homeland. Which would mean the rogue would be stuck in one place again. Neha would be happy again, hopefully this time.

Before leaving, he alerted his littermate of his intentions and whereabouts then he set out. Aleister wanted to scout out part of the mountain to make sure they were correct in assuming these lands were still deserted. Off in the distance he could see the sky begin to darken with ash in the air from a forest fire. No panic rose within him, the scorched forest was far enough from the Lake to get him to worry. Though he would make sure to keep a mismatched gaze upon the fire to make sure it wasn't ascending upon the mountain.

Finding his way to the Falls, the male settled upon a large boulder as he watched the waterfall struggling against the winter's icy grip. With the sky darker than normal, the area held a gloomy glow where ash escaped the canopy and fell upon the ground around him. The rogue was content to be alone with his thoughts which were not so chaotic these days. With his sister by his side again, he was content and happy enough. However, ever since his passing with a certain ocean eye vixen, the rogue began to crave for something more. Something he was sure he would never get to have in this life.

(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2021, 03:19 PM by Aleister.)
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
I think there's a flaw in my code

She had yet to come across a pack but in a way she was glad for that. The last one she'd tried to fit had been aweful. There was such a thing as too many females. Especially when they all drooled over the same idiot. He'd been sweet for sure, not bad looking either but it had become evident he was more about numbers, and all the attention he could get. She was glad she'd left when she did. She knew as the days grew longer her least "favorite" season would be upon them. She could only imagine the chaos that would ensue in a place like that. She'd been born with two other litters to know a little bit what could happen. She wasn't going to be a babysitter.

Sticking close to the creek she followed it toward the mountain, clinging to the smallest piece of hope she might find what she wanted. Or so she thought.

It was strange, the sky was getting darker and she knew that was all wrong. It wasn't evening. Then she remembered the day with the smoke. The scent, rather from the sky now or memory flooded her brain. It's not here. But that didn't stop her from wanting to be as far away as possible. She began to trot, pushing herself into a run. As the waterfall's voice began to reach her ears, she realized she had no intention of going on the mountain. Maybe she wouldn't even have the option and she'd be at a dead end. That wouldn't be good either.

Ok, there was no need to panic. It wouldn't solve a damn thing, and she was already fighting for air. She eased up once she saw the falls, ready to give herself a moment to think. It was about then she spotted the lone wolf. She briefly shut her eyes in annoyance at herself for not noticing sooner. She made a few deep breaths, forcing her rib cage to slow a bit. He didn't seem concerned in the least by the fire and was probably wondering what her problem was. She couldn't give the excuse she'd been chasing prey either. "Not the nicest day for a run," she muttered, with the faintest smile still trying to catch her breath. She didn't know this wolf she was sure. Where had he come from? From here she couldn't really get a scent to find out if he was truly alone. She wasn't about to break the distance till she knew a bit more.

Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
i wonder why i'm so afraid

The rogue's mind was peaceful compared to the thoughts that used to ravage his mind. Guilt used to litter his head from dawn to dusk, even while Aleister tried to sleep. The Vuesain had always been ashamed for his wanderlust and what his travels had cost him and his family. He barely knew his family having left when he was too young, partially by mistake but partially because his heart tugged him in another direction. The ghost never felt he fit in with his family nor pack life in general. Wanderlust governed his heart.

Until now.

Now it was still a major part that attempted to keep him moving at all times, however the devotion he held for his dearest sister kept his paws planted on familiar ground was stronger. The vow he took to stay at her side controlled his travels to where he only allowed himself some distance from the pale agouti female. Sometimes in fear of failure, which he could never live with himself if he failed his Vuesain littermate again. They were all each other had and perhaps it was always going to be that way.

Alone with his thoughts, the rogue's attention failed to catch the strangers approach until her words caressed his ears. Turning sharply, his mismatched gaze meeting the woman's pale eyes. He examined her softly, her demenor not at all bellicose which kept him on his haunches. Her ebony coat ticked with silver couldn't hide her rapid breathing of which she failed to calm. Was she running from someone? No, I wouldn't say today is an ideal day for that, he muttered back, mismatched gaze glancing to watch a speck of ash fall from the canopy alongside him. Aleister already noted the ashy sky from the distance forest blaze, but it did not make him panic. He could see where it was coming from atop the mountain and it was not yet worrisome. However, this fae probably didn't know if that was the cause for her running. The fire is quite far away. I was able to spot it while I was along the mountain ridge. The rogue informed her, his gaze soft as he settled them back upon her.

(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2021, 03:20 PM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Why likely surprised by her sudden appearance he didn't seem displeased nor defensive, and she was grateful for it. She hardly could have defended herself well in the situation. Rather attacked physically or by quips. But, she was slowly regaining her breath, and stilling her anxiety. Unlike him she did not glance to the falling ash. She was trying to ignore it best she could which was taking a bit of energy. If only she could get the smell erased from her skull. Clearly, her interest perked as he began to explain the fire was quite far away. Good for them, bad for someone else. "That's a relief," she murmured, feeling the tightness in her chest wavering to a degree. For once she didn't mind that it showed on her face. She wouldn't look as foolish now. Or so she told herself and now she could see why he was casually sitting here despite it all.

"Rather kind of you to mention it." It was then she really took a look at this man noting his eyes were different from each other, set in a black mask. A black that coated quite a bit of his body. He was sorta like Chan's opposite in that way. Could they be related? She felt doubtful, as would such a gen show itself in the same family that frequent? But he had come from the mountain. Feeling like she'd probably already stared at him too long she adjusted her gaze to the falls. She hated small talk, probably because she was so terribly at it. Or at the very least out of practice. "I see why you stopped here, it's rather beautiful....peaceful." She thought about sitting down, but instead forced herself to take a few steps closer.

"You don't happen to live around here do you?"  She thought she noted another scent apart from his own, but she rather know than make hasty guesses. She'd see if he remained nice enough to answer her.

(This post was last modified: Jan 20, 2021, 04:37 PM by Lila.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
of saying something wrong

Nodding at her words in agreement, the rogue certainly wouldn't want the forest fire any closer than it already was. The further the danger from his mountain home, the better. He certainly couldn't afford another catastrophe within the Lore. The Vuesains have been through enough in their lifetime and with their return, they didn't need any more heartache. His ebony lip twitched at her mentioning his kindness. Aleister figured if he was in her particular position, he'd appreciate the tidbit of information too. Figured that might of been the reason for your running, he mentioned, a soft playful smirk fleeting on his lips.

Noticing her extended gaze, his own mismatched gaze scoured her body again noticing her breathing slowing to a calmer state that it was when she burst through the treeline. She was undeniably beautiful, her silver ticking accenting her pale blue eyes and a distinct solid white diamond on her chest. A feature that would distinguish her easily from other ebony cloaked females. Her gaze was the first to falter with his lingering for a few moments before shifting to follow hers. Changing the subject to where they both stood, he nodded in agreement of her proclamation of the beauty of the falls. This place was one of the only places that helped clear my head when I was younger, he muttered, the memories not good ones to remember, but he still kept to remind himself to not repeat them. I wanted to come back and see if that was still true.

As she was stepping closer, the Vuesain decided to vacate his position atop the boulder and move closer to the woman, keeping himself a comfortable distance from her for his own courtesy to her. Nodding at her words, I suppose now I do again, how about yourself? He asked questionably, his gaze moving to meet her blue-gray eyes again.

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

"You'd be right," she agreed, keeping her smile. More than happy to carry on any kind of conversation to keep her mind off things. "Running without reason is something I tend to avoid in winter. Though there doesn't seem to be as much snow here." Or at least she thought. At home there would have been places that reached her shoulders. It seemed odd to her it wouldn't snow as much here as it did over there. Her memory was a bit of fuzzy static on details because that might have been a memory of her puppyhood she smashed together when she'd become a yearling. It was even harder when she didn't want to sort through them either.

Her ears twitched, and she couldn't help to look back at him. So she wasn't the only one who had left and returned. Now she was even more interested in who he was. Something she hoped wasn't too evident. She didn't want to reek of desperation for information. Or come off like she was up in the night. He had her attention. "I'm sorry for interrupting you." If she ever made it to her old haunts she was sure company would be the last thing she'd want. She felt bad if she'd robbed him of a quiet moment to take things in.

When he moved her eyes followed him, but she noted he still kept distance. A thought she appreciated. There was warmth, and delight in her tone as she spoke."I could almost say the same. Though, to be honest I use to live on the other side of the mountain. This side...well I'm slowly mapping it out. Trying to get my bearings of what's here." She really wanted to pry if he was living on the mountain, or use to but for now kept those thoughts to herself.

Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
I never said I was a saint

Small talk was never the rogue's forte or preferred use of his time. However, there were a few souls he found words would flow easier than with others. For the most part, he avoidable all circumstances where he would be forced to partake. Hiding in the bushes until they left or completely walking away in the other direction to avoid those undesirable scenarios. Though, today he had no choice when the ebony lass happened upon him, but it would seem she was one of the few souls Aleister could comfortably converse with. Should be a honor, really. Not as much as some places I've seen.

He could feel her pale gaze upon him again, this time he tried to find something interesting along the creek. Though his feat was unsuccessful so he decided to settle back upon his haunches before meeting her gaze again once her words reached his ears. No need to be, I found what I was looking for, he murmured, holding his mismatched gaze to hers for a moment.

Her toned changed this time, warmer and more excitable while she talked about her past here in the Lore. Having also lived on the other side for a time being with Neha, his own ears perked at her words. I was born on the mountain by the Lake and lived for a time on the other side as well. I lived quite north by Turtleback Lake. Did you grow up here too? He asked his interest perked. There were not many he met here that were born in the these lands or those who did, quickly left like him.

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
@Aleister

"So you haven't been here long?" As soon as the words left her lips, she was quick to pull an apologetic face. He probably didn't like being interrogated. Or at the least, she felt like maybe she was pushing her luck. It wasn't exactly an important question.  "You probably didn't expect to be grilled so much by a stranger but it's nice to talk to someone so obliging." It was evident in her face how grateful she was. Why he might think being kind was second nature she had been around too many who didn't seem to know the definition. It was why she didn't mind holding onto the warmness to his gaze."I'm glad then."  Remembering her manners, she added. "Oh, I'm Lila by the way. Lila...Aquila." It was odd to be saying her whole name out loud. She hadn't told anyone it in a long time. There'd been a few times she had wanted to change it to be like the rest of her family. She hadn't because it reminded her of her mother, and how far she had come on her own.

"Oh you must know Chan then?" She doubted there were two packs by the lake, as that wouldn't have boded very well. Or so she thought as it sounded like he hadn't remained there. Which made her curious, but she knew better than to pick and pull at that. She'd left the Bend with wanderlust, and was sure he had his own reasons. It wasn't just that either. The name Turtleback had also made another name jump in her mind, but she swept it aside like the other things.

"Yes, in the Spectral Woods for a few years with my mom in Oak Tree Bend. I came back because I wanted to see it again, but I'm not quite ready too. Chan said it was empty over there anyway." She sealed her lips then, feeling like she shouldn't have dumped that on him. She wasn't a chatterbox, not really. She blamed her loose tongue, on all the time she'd been alone with her thoughts. Having only her empty stomach to distract her."Do you have other places you like here?" He had good taste by his choice of the falls.

(This post was last modified: Jan 21, 2021, 11:39 PM by Lila.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
our time to bend the rules

Not for long this time. Just arrived a few weeks ago with my sister, he divulged, his face softening at her apologetic face. Not wanting to make her feel bad for conversing with him, his ears pressed against his skull while his jaw opened to tell her not be, but she beat him to the punch. A small smirk lifted his ebony lips, in hopes it would raise her own. I'm not normally this talkative, so you just caught me on a nice day, answering her while letting the smirk fill into a smile open his jaw. Certainly, if anyone else was grilling him with these questions, he was sure he wouldn't be so apt to divulge like he is today.

She went on to introduce herself allowing him to place a name with her pretty face. Aleister Vuesain, a pleasure to meet you Lila, the rogue replied, dipping his head softly towards her in proper greeting, his mismatched gaze dipping slightly to the ground before meeting her plae gaze again. His tail swish behind his haunches in contentment, before she continued with her questions. In fact, I do. I just recently met him at the Lake. Nice young lad. My sister and I are currently staying together at the lake him and his brother. The little band had a few plans they were hoping to accomplish within the next few weeks. The revival of their parent's former pack, to possibly bring back life within the mountain valley. And possibly bring pride back to their families.

He had heard of her birth pack, but never got the chance to meet anyone from it. I unfortunately do not know if they are still there. I do hope when you are ready though that you find the closure you deserve, he answered sincerely, hoping to not come off to weird for her. The best thing he ever found for himself was closure to the failures of his past. He was still living with their memory, but he did not have the trepidations that he once dealt with in his daily life. Have you ever visited Fireweed Rise in the spring?

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2021, 02:54 AM by Aleister.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

He'd been here a little bit longer than herself. She'd guess he'd probably gotten here from this side to the mountain. But, she didn't ask for sure. Despite his politeness she was trying not to throw out another question.  Even if she was wondering what his sister was like. If she was older, or younger. The best reply she could come up with was,"That's nice you have each other." She hadn't had a litter mate. The other puppies hadn't remained. Kyna. She had tried to be a sister to her, and Lila had come to an understanding about their relationship when she'd gotten the part of big sis. She felt grateful she knew Kyna at all at this point.

"Lucky me." It was something she meant, and evident in the lines of her dark face. She had definitely thought he was more the strong and silent type. She hadn't been sure if she could coax him into much of a conversation, but for whatever reason he answered her. It was nice she now new two wolves around here. She recognized his last name. "Your parents use to lead the Cove, didn't they." She spoke matter of fact, in a soft tone knowing it might be a soft spot. But he'd just said how he'd been born there, and it was clear he was not related to Chan. Now she thought about it, did Chan have other family than Nash? It hadn't sounded like it, but hadn't mentioned how there were two other wolves with them either. She wasn't going to jump to conclusions, maybe they'd met after she'd seen him. It was the easiest answer.

"Sounds like you all might bring Fallen Tree Cove back to life then." Why a little envious, she wasn't gonna hold it against anyone. If she was in their place would she revive Oak Tree Bend? She hadn't thought of it, not really. Now wasn't the time to ponder it. "Chan and I've known each other since we were young, and he invited me to visit. You wouldn't mind if I did? " She felt odd adding or stay. She was getting along well with @Aleister after all, and if they truly were forming a pack they needed members. It felt better to just keep that part to herself. It was just like why she never made any promises. If you don't make a promise you can't break it.

"Thank you," she murmured. Appreciating the gesture she felt was rather kind. He probably knew a thing or two about ghosts as well. She had to shake her head at his question. "I've never heard of it, but that's quite a name. How would I get there from here?" He'd said she needed to see it in the spring, but it wouldn't hurt to at least know where it was now. Why she felt like she'd likely see him in the future, spring was still a long ways away. A lot could change by then.