517 Users Online
Bing, Google

Well I took a walk around the world — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

This is the thread right after @Chan and @Nash finding Moon and bringing her back to the cove. I'm totally fine with keeping this short and simple @Neha @Aleister <3

The trip back up the mountain had been difficult for the aging woman, though it didn't come as a surprise to the Eastfall woman. She knew her joints weren't as limber as they once were, and the last couple trips back to the cove had proven just as difficult as this trip. She didn't mind in the least bit because she had her sons with her. The joy she felt from finding them was unlike any she had felt in years. For once fate was smiling on the shadow and not trying to cut her down. The familiar and nostalgic scent of the cove reached her coal nose causing her silver dusted banner to involuntarily sway behind her. She, no they, were home.

Word Count: 000
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

It had taken then quite a bit longer to climb the mountain than it would have had it been just himself and Nash, but Chan could only be exuberantly grateful for every minute, even if it was just spent tiptoeing and closely watching each and every one of Moonshadow's steps. There was no way in hell he was going to lose her now to some freak accident, like they had Tagg. Chan didn't even speak much, not wanting his mother to wind herself with wasted breath.

Chan finally relaxed once they crested the valley's cliff-like edges and descended the worn, familiar path that took them back to even ground and their beloved lake. Safe. As they weaved through the conifers, Chan tipped back his muzzle and howled to let Neha and Aleister know that the Eastfall brothers had brought back family.

"You wanna grab a drink mom?" he asked, veering a bit to steer them toward the water's edge rather than beelining for the pack den. It had been quite a walk, after all.

CHAN EASTFALL
(This post was last modified: Jan 28, 2021, 09:22 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
aleister vuesain
lyrics can go here if u want

Outside the Lore, when Neha and him traversed freely across the lands, routine was a foreign idea.  Hunting was the only thing regular for them as loners. Now, he had to get accustomed once again to border patrols, scouting trips and everything to involved being apart of a pack. He wouldn't say it was the easiest transition, but Aleister was getting the hang of it again. Vigils Keep had taught him the ropes, but now he was on his own, doing this for his own family.

Learning the routine again, the rogue prince was marking the borders, reinforcing wherever his other companions had previously marked. Aleister could feel that almost everything was in order for them to become official and claim the Cove back. The right time was upon them and Aleister was surprisingly nervous. He never imagined the position he would be in and the fact that him and his sister would be making their own pack together. But he was happy, Neha was happy, so he was happy. They have found their way home and this time it feels right.

While marking a pine, Chan's call rang out over the Lake beckoning him and his sister to join him. From what it sounded like, he brought home family. Quickly the dark about man was upon the three of them, his mismatched gaze sweeping over all of them. A soft smile was given to both Chan and Nash before his gaze fell upon who they brought to the Lake. The ebony woman was older than all of them, but her pale eyes were alive and youthful. Looking over at Nash, he wondered if this is who he thought it was.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Patience was something Nash had been forced to learn during his two years as a loner in every sense of the word. He could search, but he could not force his family to come to him. He could hunt, but he could not just leap into action. He had to wait. He had to keep trying. He could not give up hope. Patience.

It had been rewarded with finding family returning to the Cove, and was again rewarded with the discover of Moonshadow.

Climbing the mountain at the pace their mother needed tested Nash's patience. He wanted to have her home, have her safe, get her warm and fed and resting. He was on alert, watching for any sort of danger. But finally, finally, they were back into the bowl they called home and Chan was calling to announce their return. It didn't take long for Aleister to join them.

Nash dipped his head to the man that so resembled his brother, even down to the mismatched eyes. "Aleister, this is our mother," he said.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Didnt realize I hadnt replied! Sorry!

Her eldest tipped his head back to call for the Vuesian children before asking her is she wanted to grab a drink. Moon smiled and nodded and followed his lead to the shores. It wasnt long before a familiar form approached. From the dark coloring and unmistakable mismatched eyes the inky woman instantly knew it was Aleister. Her eyes looked him over before moving to her own son. Their coats were very similar in color and both sporting split eyes. Had she not known any better she would have guessed the two were brothers. Her mercury dusted tail waved happily behind her but before Moonshadow could greet him Nash introduced her to him. Her warm smile grew wider as she moved to greet the boy man with a nudge to his shoulder. "Oh how you've grown up Aleister. Its so good to see ya!" Moving back from her greeting silver orbs scanned the trees for the lake princess. @Neha hadnt arrived yet but she knew how the woman was, she would surely be with them shortly.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
The lake it is, Chan thought to himself as his mother confirmed her thirst. They made their way with relatively little effort through the familiar forest, the flat terrain a blessing after the workout the climb had put their muscles through. As the trees started to thin, signaling the frozen waters' edge, Aleister appeared, weaving between the trunks to make his way to them. While he didn't speak, his mismatched eyes were aglow with inquisitiveness.

Nash spoke first, introducing their mother to the Vuesain heir. It didn't surprise him that Moonshadow was plenty familiar with the eldest Cove progeny; as her child, it felt to Chan that his mom had always been in the Cove, meaning she'd seen and known everything and everyone. On the other paw, he expected Aleister's recollection to work more like his own; dimmer the further into one's own youth that they ventured, and far more difficult to efficiently peruse given the amount of memories & experiences purposefully jampacked into their globe-trotting hearts.

Chan continued to move, brushing against Aleister as he did so to silently request that the man walk with them. After all, Moon still needed a drink.
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

As he approached the small group, he was greeted by both his companions before Nash told him that their guest was actually their dear mother. Mismatched gaze turned to the ebony woman as she in turn greeted him with a wide smile and a nudge to the shoulder. Apparently, she knew him when he was younger. Though regretfully, the Vuesain couldn't quite remember her name. He could just vaguely remember her striking ebony coat and gaze, but his memories from his adolescent years were always so blurred by regret and guilt. "I'm sorry, but your name has escaped my memory..." He returned softly with a frown, he truly wished he remembered her name as she remembered him so easily. His look-a-like brushed against him silently, prompting the Vuesain to follow along as they moved towards the water's edge for their mother.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Thanks again for being patient with me folks! Things will be back to normal soon.

Nash had, temporarily, forgotten that his mother was in the pack when Aleister had been a puppy. It only made sense, of course; Moon had a long history with the Cove, even acting as alpha a few times. All of these were vague memories from his own puppyhood, and Aleister had left long before then - he thought - so he hadn't connected them.

Chan led the way, beckoning them to follow on his way to the lake. It had been a long trek up the mountain and their mother was thirsty. Nash was too, now that he thought about. And a little bit hungry, but he would make sure his mother got to eat first. She looked like she needed it much more than he did. Maybe he would go hunt to refill their caches later this afternoon, if he could slip away. He was reluctant to leave his mother's side, though.

At Aleister's admission, Nash glanced up at his mother to see how she would take this news.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The older woman should have known that the younger man could have possibly not recognized her. Honestly she wouldn't have recognized him as easily had she not committed his likeness to Chan in appearance and had been told of his lineage. She moved back to give the man his space not wanting to have him feel like she was intruding as he didnt recognize her. Moon offered a warm smile as she followed Chan's lead to the lake. "That's alright, we haven't had the pleasure of spending much time around one another. My name is Moonshadow. I was a friend of your parents, more so your mother." The inky woman recalled her memories and realizing just how little interaction they had had. Wanderlust had already over come him as a pup when she first arrived to the cove, then they met once when he returned briefly and again when Namid passed away. Other than that the older she wolf couldnt recall any other meetings that were longer than a just a passing. Her silver dusted tail picked up in speed once the sight of the frozen lake came into view. It was good to be home.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
They finally reached the shore, and Chan promptly set to work at chipping away at the ice. They already had several little fishing holes broken through at several locations, but not any near enough to here. It was quicker to just make another, and he didn't want his mother to have to walk any further before being able to finally rest. To enjoy being home.

For the time being, he wasn't really listening to the conversation anymore, focused instead on stomping and clawing his way to potable water. The ice whined and gurgled as it weakened gradually under both his efforts and the increasing pressures from the liquid below. Finally it gave, and he cleared as much of the resulting debris from the water's surface with wide scoops of his paws before stepping away.

"Here ya go mom."