(See All?) Announcements
399 Users Online

you bought a guitar to punish your mom — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 849 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall
Backdated to the morning of 7/3, all welcome! Chan & @Jethro are bringing supplies from the Cove; they're just outside of pack territory & Chan is howling for @Vayko and @Viorel!

As planned, Chan had fetched Nori's inky companion while twilight settled over the land. They'd set off together with improvised bundles in tow, up the worn path that took them out of the valley and then down the mountain's side. Traveling brought day, and Chan stopped them to rest; there was no rush in getting to the Backwater wolves in which hours would matter. When night returned, they finished their journey, arriving on the Valles' threshold before even the sun.

Chan lowered his parcel to the ground, the hide unfurling from around it's contents; various medicinal plants, from helpful leaves and flowers to pulled strips of bark and dried roots, all relatively unique to the mountains. Jethro's cargo would hold the same within a similarly-hued pelt, hopefully gifting their neighbors with plenty.

After throwing his companion a hopefully-encouraging smile, the Eastfall tipped back his head and sent out a call, letting Vayko and his kin know that visitors were knocking.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Molo who has 451 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
Using the skins to transport things was a brilliant idea, not something he’d have ever once thought of. The improvised containers made taking the things they’d gathered from the mountains to the second pack relatively easy, though the journey itself was no simple task. Descending the mountain was difficult and tiring, though it did mark the first time he’d left the region in quite some time. The change of scenery was nice, as was the company. He had missed exploring.  

Jethro spent most of it examining the lands as best as he could, attempting to mentally mark the path to this second pack and just to get a feel for the lands in general. Resources - food and water - as well as herbs, if one knew what to look for, seemed plentiful here. It was no surprise that a pack had decided to claim a portion of it.

The sky was still dark when he and Chan arrived at the marked territory of the other pack, the elder man issuing a call to bring attention to their presence. Mirroring the other, Jethro set his bundle down gently, before turning a watchful eye to the areas ahead.
Played by Ghost who has 613 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

Viorel was beginning to think that being a father was not as hard as he had thought it was going to be. Sure, there were a lot of tears and his litters had not meshed together as smoothly as he imagined, but there had yet to be loss of life or limb. So the Valle was considering that a win in his book, it didn’t take much to please him. Not only that, but the Backwater has been going strong for four moons, certainly not as long as the Estuary but he had not been a complete failure.

It was very late, or very early depending on what wolf you asked he supposed, for him it was the end of a day. Viorel was known within the pack for staying up late at night with Vanadis and taking broken up naps throughout the day instead of one long rest in the dark. When the call rang out across the territory, he had just been settling down next to his mate, curling his nose into her plush tail with their children between them. Lifting his head in surprise, he nuzzled the woman’s ear and murmured he would be back soon and took off with urgency.

Coming to the border his sharp yellow eyes were met with two strangers, but their scent sang of the mountain pack and Aleister. Ah, so the man he had met all those months ago had been successful in settling his family down on a more permanent basis. Next he noticed the bundles at his feet, how diplomatic, and very welcome given how many children they had now. Waving his tail in a friendly manner loose behind his legs, no overt sign of dominance or posturing, he met the pair with a bright smile, ”I didn’t realize the wolves of the mountain were such creatures of the night,” he broke the silence jokingly.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Chan Eastfall
It wasn't Vayko who greeted them first, but an unknown wolf. He smelled of the other Valle however, and was clearly of the same pack; which meant he was just as much a friend in Chan's book.

"It's mostly just me," he answered back with a small grin, "this isn't a bad time, I hope?"

Most packs possessed wolves of varying schedules, in order to ensure security at all times, but there were certainly those that all slept at once, perhaps even all together in one big pile. Whatever the Backwater's situation, this stranger clearly wasn't outright upset with being roused, thankfully.

"I'm Chan, and this is Jethro. I'd like to hand these over to Vayko or his partner, if I could?"
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
Just when he’d begun to worry, to wonder if maybe the two of them had arrived at an off time during the night, a dark figure appeared - his pace urgent though collected. Distinctly colored golden eyes glinted even in the dark of night, flicking first over Jethro and Chan, and then the things they’d brought with them.

An amicable smile crossed the stranger’s face, followed by a joke that indicated familiarity between this group and those in the mountains. "Don't mind the night, either," he agreed, having found it more practical to operate during the night last summer. If it got as hot here as it had where he'd come from in the coming weeks, perhaps he'd shift over to that again.

Regardless, this seemed like a good start. This guy was pretty cool for having been potentially disturbed from sleep, and of course, Chan was as diplomatic as ever with his words, an art Jethro continued to observe keenly.

Jethro nodded as he was introduced, but noted these two were not personally familiar with one another. Chan confessed that he had been hoping to meet someone called Vayko or his partner, to deliver their gifts. Was this one the partner, maybe?
Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
Hi yes sorry for the delay I suck
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Vayko’s healing had not been progressing as he had liked. His paw was supposed to be healed, and yet the pains still shook him. He could get around, but he found he didn’t want to do anything. Still, he had a duty to this pack and he would go about it. He heard a familiar call, and it was one of the few things that had him pushing up onto his paws, slowly making his way to the border with a still obvious limp guiding his way. His eyes were met with the sight of his cousin and Chan there along with another he’d never had the pleasure of meeting. “I apologize for the delay in my arrival.” He offered with a soft smile. “It is good to see you again, Chan. How are the mountains faring? I trust they’re filled to the brim with pups just like the Backwater is?” He hoped nothing had gone dastardly wrong.

“Chan, this is Viorel, my cousin and co-leader.” He offered in introduction just because he didn’t think that they had ever been formally introduced, and he would not hesitate to do so.

Viorel Valle

The grin was met with a chuckle, shaking his head he was quick to follow up, ”Not a bad time at all, like you two I get more work done in the dark.” The same couldn’t be said for most of the Backwater, but this Valle at least had always preferred the moon to the sun. He was ready to introduce himself as Vayko’s lead partner, when the man of the hour himself limped in. Glancing at the injured paw thoughtfully, he looked up in an attempt to catch his cousin’s eye quizzically, but unsurprisingly he was all business.

Dipping his muzzle respectfully, he followed his cousin’s words, ”it’s a pleasure to meet you Chan.” Looking between the two men standing there and the gifts at their feet, he suddenly realized how rude it was to leave them standing across the borders. Gesturing with his tail he smiled once more, ”Please, come across the borders, Dead Empress Backwater would be thrilled to offer you some hospitality. But, as Vayko mentioned, we are filled to the brim with cubs so keep your eye out for tricksters.” They should all be asleep by now, but you never knew with Valle blood.

Chan Eastfall
Chan couldn't help that his tail raised up and gave a few wags. It had been a while since he'd been in the company of fellow nocturnals. It was kind of a small thing, but also kind of not. Being on the opposite schedule as your pack got lonely.

He wasn't happy for long however, Vayko quick to arrive but with a clearly unhealed injury. Chan's ears leaned back and concern filled his eyes as he couldn't help but feel for the younger wolf. He'd already been so stressed about the unexpected double litters and flooding, and now...

"Hey," he greeted with a small smile as the tawny man approached, before turning his attention to the darker Valle as he was introduced. Ah, perfect!

"You as well, Viorel. The Cove's been good, only four pups to fuss over," things could certainly have been a lot worse. He wanted to ask after Vayko's health, but it was Viorel's turn to speak again, inviting Chan and Jethro further into the forest that they possessed. Chan looked to his companion, ensuring that he was comfortable with this before gathering his own bundle and following the two Backwater luminaries.

He wanted to ask after Vayko's health, but with his mouth full and the walking, he decided to wait they'd all arrived to wherever it was they were headed.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
Someone else arrived amidst introductions and conversation, the reason for this new man’s lateness quite evident by his stride. The guy - revealed to be Vayko within a short time - appeared to be favoring a paw. Maybe the goods he and Chan had brought would be able to be put to immediate use.

It was also intriguing that these guys were leaders of their own pack, and managing well enough from the sound of it. They didn’t appear to be that much older than he, and they were already running their own pack - good for them. It wasn’t something Jethro had ever aspired to, but it was encouraging, in a subtle sort of way. They were permitted to cross the pack borders shortly thereafter, and also warned to be on the lookout for mischievous pups.

Internally, Jethro pouted at the thought, though outwardly he offered a nod and a courteous, ”Thank you,” before proceeding to pick up the bundle he’d brought and continue forth as directed. Now, Jet was quite glad he and Chan had arrived when they did, and the previously expressed sentiment about getting more done in the dark made a lot more sense. Hopefully, the timing meant they wouldn’t have to worry about stepping on any nosy kids.
Viorel Valle

It was late, but that did not much matter when there were political matters to attend to. Viorel led the way back past the borders and into the depths of the Backwater, the home that they had carved out for themselves in this new land. Smiling at Chan’s words he chuckled, ”Well, we’ve got you beat in that regard, we ended up with six.” Certainly more than Vayko wanted when he had asked Viorel to populate the pack in the spring.

Swishing his tail lazily behind him he did his best to play host, ”We can drop those herbs at the infirmary and then let you get a bite to eat from the cache, once you’ve eaten you can fill me in on how Alesiter is faring up on his mountain.” He hated the thought of being up so high, but to each their own. Then he led the way to the infirmary, he suspected it would be a while before he went to sleep for the night.

FADE