532 Users Online
Google, Bing

heavy in your arms — Fool's Gold Chasm 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 178 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne
Let me know if this starter isn't okay/the light PP isn't okay <3

Night was starting to fall over the forests, the hint of the sun as it started to fade into the horizon. It was fascinating how the earth so easily devoured the sun, trapping it in it’s core to give the moon the time to shine, the ancestors the ability to look down on them and protect them. It was then that they offered guidance. Rhaegara had never been overly spiritual. She believed in logic above all else… however her roots were important to her. They always had been. Her parents might be gone, and her siblings might be scattered to the winds, but she was not the last Rayvne. She had a daughter, powerful and strong-willed already.

She was wrestling with her to get her to settle down just outside of the pack den, because soon enough they would both be resting, but she was also getting old enough that she could start to truly hear and understand stories, pulling her daughter close to her and nuzzling at the top of her head in an affectionate manner. “Little Dove, it’s almost time to sleep.” She cooed out softly. “When we sleep, those who came before us watch over us in those big bright stars up there.” She explained softly with a bittersweet tone and a soft but saddened smile. It was still hard, even after this time, to know that her parents were up there now, and not walking this earth alongside her to give her advice.

Played by Flywolf who has 281 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne
It's good! Very in character for Enera lol

Enera was still so full of energy, even as her body grew tired. She wanted to explore the night, to see what the world was like when darkness fell over them. So she wrestled with her Mama to escape, and it quickly because a game. It didn't take long for Rhaegara to win, pulling her squirming child close and nuzzling her head, telling her it was time to go to sleep.

"No!" Enera piped, trying and failing to wiggle away. Then Mama said something about the stars and, interest piqued, the girl stilled and looked up at Mama with wide, round eyes. "Before us?
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

She couldn’t help but laugh at her daughter’s antics. She was so much like her when she was little, and it was very much reminiscent of her mother telling her she would have a daughter who was just like her as payback for her own antics. “Yes, Little Dove. You can play more tomorrow, I promise.” She promised, eager to let her explore but also wanting to make sure she was properly taken care of.

The story of the stars seemed to catch her interest and Rhae nodded, licking between her ears in a grooming manner. “Yes, Little Dove, before us. My parents, and their parents… when they are done walking the earth, they go to the stars, and watch over us to protect us.” She explained to her. “You see that big bright star up there?” She asked, referring to the North Star. “That is my mom watching over me and you, keeping bad things at bay so we can be happy, and so you can play and explore.”

Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne
Usually at bedtime Enera was planning the next day's adventures, thinking of games for her to entice Way and Mar into playing, and imagining all the things she'd do when she was bigger. Tonight, however, her mama held her full attention.

Big eyes turned to the sky to follow where Mama pointed. "Done...?" she asked quietly, little brow furrowing. She wasn't sure how she felt about always being watched, but it did feel good to have someone keeping the bad things away so she could explore. She liked exploring.

"She's boo-tiful," Enera cooed, looking back at Mama. "When she coming back?"
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

There was a light grin on her features at the question and nodded. “Yes, done.” She assured her softly. “There comes a time when everyone is done walking the earth… after they have seen so many things, and so they go to walk in the stars, and continue their adventures there.” It was a little early to explain the whole ‘everyone dies’ aspect of life in any way other than a fun and adventurous tone.

She chuckled softly and nodded. “Yes, she’s beautiful. Just. Like. You.” She said, emphasizing each word playfully. There was a brief hint of sadness in her eyes but she quickly pushed it down. “She isn’t, Little Dove. Leaving her place in the sky would mean she couldn’t help keep us safe, so instead she’ll just be up there watching over us.” She explained. “Your grandpa is also up there somewhere, right next to her though he doesn’t shine as bright as her. He’s been in the stars a little longer than she has.”

Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne
Enera listened, enraptured by the story. Her eyes, if possible, grew even wider and she nearly vibrated with excitement. There were wolves who'd seen the entire world so much they went to the stars? That was possible? she wriggled against her Mama again, bouncing up and down. "They can fly? Teach me, Mama, teach me!"

She very nearly missed the next part, and she giggled at her Mama's words. "You too, Mama," she assured her, jumping up to boop her nose against Mama's.

Then she frowned. Not coming back? Just so she could look after them? That seemed silly. Enera could look after herself, and that way Mama's Mama could come back. "I'm strong," she said to the sky. "So you can come back an' see me an' Mama, 'kay?"
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

She was already excited, and she knew that it would only encourage her daughter to explore more and more. That was okay, she would always encourage her adventurous tendencies while keeping an eye on her and keeping her safe. “Not fly, sky walk, Little Dove.” The nickname settled easily from her tongue, finding it fitting for the starkness of her pelt. “It’s a special skill, not one that can be taught… when it’s your time, you will learn how to sky walk. You’ll leave your body behind, and your spirit will walk in the stars.” She explained more thoroughly, hoping that didn’t bring more questions than it answered.

She chuckled softly with the most genuine smile finding her maw, a light twinkle of mischief in her eyes. “But not as much as you.” She booped her nose against her daughter in tern. Then she talked about being strong, a soft chuckle. “You’re right, my darling girl. You are so strong. Maybe your grandmother will visit us soon. Sometimes, sky walkers like that, they can talk to us in our dreams. Perhaps you will see her.” She suggested, running her tongue over her daughter again if only to clean her up a bit more after a day of adventures.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne
It was with great disappointment that Enera learned she could not be taught to fly. She wanted to see the stars! But the news of leaving her body behind, the idea of her spirit wandering free, was unsettling. She wasn't sure she wanted to float like that. Not away from Mama.

She frowned up at her Mama. "Spirit walkers... Not come back? Gone?" that was such a hard concept to wrap her head around, buy then she thought of the sick little puppy Mama had brought home, that had gone to sleep and not woken up again.

Enera looked back up at the sky. "Is Sirius walking?"
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

Rhaegara knew this was a lot to offer up to a two month old pup, but it was an important part of her beliefs and her culture and she had sworn to pass on her parent’s teachings to her daughter and any other children she might have in the future. She hummed softly at a nod. “No, Dove, spirit walkers usually don’t come back. They walk the skies and there is so much to see that they never finish exploring it.” She explained as peacefully as she could, a soft smile on her features. “It’s not a bad thing, it’s just different, but different is okay. It can be a little scary at first, but it’s okay.” She explained softly.

It was an important life lesson to learn… and then the question came. Her heart stung. She had sworn to take care of the boy, and she felt in many ways she had failed in that regard. “Yes, Little Dove, Sirius is walking. He was so excited that he didn’t want to see all of the earth too… it happens sometimes, but he’s safe. Your grandma and grandpa are looking over him too, just like I look over you, and making sure that he stays safe while he walks in the stars.” Her voice clouded with the emotions, the weight of all that had happened in such a short span of time. It was a lot. It was chaotic.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne
Mama was right; having so much to explore did seem scary, and Enera decided she wasn't ready to see that much yet. She wanted to explore the world first, to see everything and meet everyone.

"I don't want to go there, Mama," she said quietly, huddling against Mama's soft side and inhaling her scent. It was comforting. "I'm gonna ess-plore the world. Then I can tell Sirius aaawl 'bout it."

Enera peered up at Mama. Fear flickered in her tiny heart. The stars were pretty, and Mama must miss her own parents. "You won' go, right Mama?"