(See All?) Announcements
447 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Google, Juniper, Apollo, Adelard

erasing myself from the narrative — Leigh Glen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
AW, Gent is in no way dying rn someone come bug him pls. Heads up to @Minkaela, poppop wandered off.

Finally. It took everything he had to make it those last few steps, across the patch of wildflowers and to the water's edge where it had... happened. Where the entire trajectory of his life had changed. He folded his long legs against his body and came to rest on the cool earth, within reach of the teal pool. The colors surrounding him were vibrant, even with his old, faded vision. Gent could only look at it so long, before he had to seal his eyes shut.

He should've passed then, too. The pack would have recovered so much better without him. Better late than never, he supposed, but still he couldn't shake the deep sadness that swelled up within him as he recalled that tragic event.

"I promise, Minka," he rumbled just above a whisper, "I thought I was doin' m'best."

Clearly, however, he hadn't been. When he thought he was doing what was right for the wolves he led, all he'd really been doing was fighting to maintain control. A foolish goal he'd carried most of his life. It was a blessing that Raela had stuck through any of it with him, and she certainly didn't deserve even more strife because of his selfishness.

Gent knew he was no longer stable. Knew that his paranoia was unfounded, that the chip on his shoulder was growing dangerously large, and that his slipping in and out of lucidity only compounded these looming issues. What was best for the world was for him to stay right here, amongst the wildflowers and flittering insects, to drift off to sleep to the sound of the waterfall and just... never wake up again.

Yes. That sounded quite perfect, actually. Gent stretched his old, tired limbs and rested his muzzle atop them.

"Y'can finally tan my hide yerself real soon."
(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2021, 05:11 AM by Gent.)