Adelard Gerau
Our memories hide in vain hoping they can be saved
But she leaves the ones that won't let her go
I always hear her voice when she calls
Guided by her tears as they fall
She loves everything and nothing at all

- Everything and Nothing - The Boom Circuits

October 11th; Morning; Broken Clouds; 39.15 ° F, 3.97 ° C

No sign of Huddy yet. Maybe it was about time for Adelard to stop clinging to wistful whims and start living for once.

Adelard prowled through the underbrush after rising much earlier than anticipated. Without his twin to keep him warm through the night, the mornings crept upon him like a rising tide of frost. Many mental notes were made to consider moving into the underground Chasm with most of the pack, but he had yet to do so.

Tired feet found their way to a group of trees that were starkly different than the forests in the east. The crunching of dried, crumpled petals announced his arrival, but nothing and no one came. Once upon a time, he was sure this might have been the perfect spot to raise a family. There was a creek nearby and countless boulders adorned with still-green moss. The petals underfoot told of a magnificent summer sight of pinkish-white blooms. Right now, though, there was only silence. Isolation.

His mind flitted to where Aubine might have gone and if she had come to this place to rest along the way. No. He had to stop thinking about her and move on. This was what he wanted. To be free of family obligations and make calls without bias or weighted opinions. He had to live for himself. Not them - her and himself.

Craning his head downward, he sampled the forest floor to find nothing familiar. He shrugged. He had come this far. Perhaps he ought to find something worth his time...
(This post was last modified: Oct 11, 2021, 09:58 PM by Adelard.)
heat stroke, bring the fire
ADELARD GERAU
black smoke, I take it higher