(See All?) Announcements
729 Users Online
Google, Bing

Just Like Old Times — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Winter was close at paw, Kajika could sense it just as he'd always been able to. He knew that it could be tough on the mountain but there were plenty of wolves in the new pack that had been through them. He wasn't really that worried about what it might mean for them. If anything Moonshadow would certainly be able to give her advice.

What was more on the older man's mind was visiting with his godson. It had been so long since he'd spent time with him that they were long over due. Instead of wasting rhe time to go looking for the young man Kajika made his way to the center of the territory where he sat back on his haunches and then called for Chan through the trees.
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan made his way toward Kajika's call, happy to heed the older wolf's summons. When he saw the chocolate-coated man, his tail began to wag and a smile took residence upon his features. He let out a chuff to let him know he was within sight, in case his Godfather didn't spy him in return right away.

"What's up?" he asked once close enough to talk, greeting his elder with an affectionate nudge of his forehead against Kajika's cheek.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
The dark man waited patiently watching the forest around him. He'd called for his godson and frankly he didn't think he would have to wait too long for Chan to appear. Kajika had been back to the cove for a little while and thought it was high time he and his godson had some quality one in one time. Besides, there was something he wanted to make very clear to Chan.

How right he was about the waiting that is. He heard the young man's voice a moment or two before he caught sight of the young leader. "Hello Chan, I thought we might hang out for a little bit. That is if your able?" He said after smiling at the affection his godson showed him. Of all wolves Kajika know what it meant to be a leader so if anyone understood it was him. "What do you say Chan, wanna hang out with your old godfather?" He said with a chuckle and gentle bump to the younger wolf's cheek.
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
"I don't know..." Chan began his answer with playful consideration.

"Had a long day scheduled of making snow wolves and staring down the lake."

He nudged Kajika's shoulder with his own and flashed a grin.

"Of course! Got anything particular in mind?"
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
The older man raised a brow at his godsons response. He of course didn't believe for a moment that the younger man didn't know but he did smile.

Kajika couldn't help the chuckle that left his lips as Chan described his plans. Then his smile widened when Chan agreed to hang out with him.  When asked if he had anything in particular in mind he stated, "Snow wolves and staring down the lake sounds like a perfect way to spend the day." He of course was only going along with Chan's joking.

"I thought we might walk for a bit and see where the day takes us. There is something I would like to discuss with you," he gave as explanation. This time his time was more serious but there was still plenty of time for play later.

Maybe they would male those snow wolves before the day was out.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
If building their own equivalent of a snowman meant getting time with his Godfather, a wolf he thought he'd never see again, Chan would spend the whole day doing it, long after the fun wore off. His ears perked, however, as Kajika mentioned wanted to speak with him about something in particular. Curiosity blossomed.

"Oh?" he angled to lead the way on their walk, thinking maybe he could show the older man some of the more secluded, hidden gems their new pack territory had to offer while they conversed.

"What's on your mind?"
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2021, 04:19 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Since returning to the mountain and joining the new cove pack Kajika had been doing a lot of thinking. He wasn't the leader anymore and this wasn't his pack. He was also much older than he'd been when he'd lead Fallen Tree Cove. That didn't mean that he couldn't help in some ways. While he wanted to spend time with Chan and he hope build on their relationship he also wanted to be able to do more than be the bumbling old man of the pack.

Kajika nodded in response to Chan's "Oh". He then motioned for them to continue into the forest. "I've been thinking," he started, "I am hoping that your mother told you of Vespertio and Namid. Maybe even that I was once an Advisor to them?" He thought he'd start there and see what Chan did know before moving forward.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan listened attentively as they ventured forth, muzzle bobbing as he nodded along to the facts offered him.

"Oh yeah, Mom told me a lot about from before she stepped in to lead," like he had done for Aleister, something that Kajika might not know - how could he, unless someone else had filled him in? There was no lack of wolves that might have, certainly. The detail wasn't too large, but it connected to one that very much was. His smile faltered, remembering the negative responses he'd received in the past. At least he could put it off for a few more moments, not about to hijack the conversation.

"That's how you both ended up being the alphas, right? The Vuesains knew they could trust you to guide the pack right."
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2021, 04:32 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Kajika had hoped that Moonshadow had told her son about what had taken place before he was born. It wasn't too much of a surprise when Chan confirmed that he did know a lot about those things.

"I'm glad to hear it, your mother is a good woman. Namid made a good choice in selecting her to be the female lead," he stated as they continued through the forest.

Kajika thought of Namid often and especially the last conversation he'd had with her. It had been years since he'd last seen the matriarch he still missed her. She always had such wise words and had helped him on many occasions. He wondered if he'd done her and Vesper proud.

"Yes, Moon and I had both grown close to Namid and Vespertio." Kajika chuckled a little at his next thought. "I was still young the day Vesper came toe and asked me to lead for him. To say I was a little surprised is a bit of an understatement. I grew up pretty quick after that." Kajika stopped walking then and looked at his godson.

"Chan, I know what it's like to be a leader. The stresses of having a whole pack to take care of, it's a lot. I know I'm much older than I was when you were born but I'd like to offer you what I did Vesper all those years ago."
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
It wasn't necessarily unusual for Chan to hear such high compliments of his mother. Despite the intricacies of politics involved, his upbringing had been very privileged, and after going out into the world and seeing the trauma that could befall other wolves, he knew just how lucky he was to experience such stability in his life. To have parents he could be so proud of, and much, much more beside. It made him feel thankful all over again, hearing Kajika recount the past.

It was also curious getting his godfather's perspective on pre-Chan events. It had never occurred to him to do the math - his mother and Kajika both had been particularly young, hadn't they? It was as he had told Nash, warning him that Chan was not the only wolf Aleister would need to lean on to keep the Cove running. A pack was only the sum of its parts, and never existed thanks to one wolf alone.

Even if it meant stepping up for things you weren't exactly ready for.

When Kajika ceased walking, so did he, mismatched gaze and tawny ears both lifting to regard the older wolf's dial as he continued to speak. A smile split Chan's maw once again by the end of his offer.

"You wanna be my advisor? Or you wanna take my place, give me a vacation?" he jested.
(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2022, 11:34 PM by Chan.)