(See All?) Announcements
886 Users Online
Bing, Google, Hazelnut, Finley, Jadon

pretend you know this song — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Random Event: Chan, a vulture appears to have started following you, waiting to scavenge food.
For @Siyet!

Chan wasn't particularly hungry this day, but the world seemed to be egging him on to hunt. A vulture had even taken to stalking after him, bead-like eyes expectant and beak cracking open frequently with squawks that urged action. It wasn't like he'd had plans much better, nothing really needing tending to in the moment, and the caches could always use some more additions.

"Alright then," he murmured under breath, the dark-feathered creature above his head in mind. That decided how he'd be spending his time, and his nose set to work as his paws took him deeper into the forests of their home. He didn't know of any herds in their area, but of course ungulates weren't the only prey still available in the snow.
(This post was last modified: Dec 26, 2021, 02:31 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
As Siyet tramped through the snow, she couldn't help but he filled with joy. She was enjoying the cold weather, and the snow beneath her paws. It was a familiar and comforting feeling. She continued through the forest, looking and the freshly snow covered surroundings.

As she walked, she saw I large bird flying overheard nearby. She couldn't quite tell exactly what kind but based of the wing shape assumed it was a vulture. Curious as to what it might be attracted to she went towards where it was.

She was surprised to run into the pack leader. She lowered her head respectfully, "Why hello Chan, what brings you out to these parts of the woods today? You seem to have a uhm... friend following you around." She couldn't help but giggle at the odd bird circling overhead.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
He was planning on continuing alone, but wasn't at all perturbed by the appearance of a pack mate. Chan smiled warmly upon recognizing Siyet's familiar face. Jethro's friend, and one of the few wolves he hadn't gotten to spend a lot of one-on-one time with. It was a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

"Yeah," he answered, mismatched gaze lifting upward to spy the scavenger circling directly above, "it must be hungry. And I figure more meat for the caches never hurts, so I'm lookin' for prey. Wanna hunt?"

If she had other plans, that would be alright too, but hopefully they could tackle this together. When it came to hunting, the more wolves the better.
(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2021, 03:01 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Chan's idea for hunting for the winter caches was a great idea, and Siyet knew that together they could definitely get something. But alas there was an issue. While she had participated in a previous hunt she had only really been there to help drive. When it came to actual hunting she was only skilled in small game.

With this in mind she asked, " Did you have something in mind you wanted to look for? Or did you want to try for your hungry friend?"

The bird was a little larger than she was used to hunting, but that may make it slower. A thought..
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan laughed good-naturedly at the suggestion.

"I doubt vultures are very good eatin'," he spoke through a grin. It would be nice if the vulture would simply lead him to a carcass that needed opened instead, the usual direct interaction between wolf and buzzard, but he didn't doubt the favor would be returned eventually.

"I know of a warren not too far, maybe we can catch some hares?"

It was about the only thing in the area that could be called reliable, at least that he was aware of - otherwise it was basically walk and hope.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet like the idea of hunting with Chan. Having the pack leader there to show her some skills would definitely be helpful. Hares would be a good thing to try and hunt and Siyet thought that he would be fun.

She also couldn't help but laugh at the comment about the Vulture. "In my experience I would have to agree, I don't think he would be very tasty at all. As for the hares, I love that idea, lead the way."

The thought of hunting with Nash's older brother was fun, maybe next time Siyet and Nash had a practice tussle, Siyet could use the tricks learned here.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan obliged, setting off toward the West where their chosen prey lay. They had some time to kill before they would be close enough to begin their hunt, and so he chose to take the opportunity to better get to know the younger wolf.

"So, what were you up to before Jet brought you to us?"

It was a casual opener, but he'd known plenty of extremely private wolves - if Siyet became uncomfortable with the question, he would try to dodge past it and change the subject.
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2022, 06:05 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
As Chan led the way to their hunting ground. He posed a question about what Siyet was doing prior to meeting Jethro. Mentioning his name she couldn't help but blush.

"Well I was wondering through the woods aimlessly if I am honest. I was separated from my pack about a month or so prior and just kept on moving...it was honestly a very difficult time. Being all lonely like that. No one else to help me when I needed it. No one to talk to. But meeting you guys has probably been the best experience of my life. You are all a wonderful bunch of people."

She couldn't help but smile at him, feeling enthused about her newfound home.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan had hoped for a happy story, but that wasn't what he got. He frowned, sympathy lining his features as she spoke. He was happy they were able to be a shelter during her storm, but it didn't exactly sound over. One could board their windows all they wanted, but the winds were still there outside, howling and tearing.

"Was it like what happened to the Backwater wolves, you were stung and then woke up somewhere new?"

Or was it something far less alien?
(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2022, 05:03 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet pondered his question as they continued on. No, she didn't think it was too similar.

"Well, what happened was, one day I was out with the pack just looking for something to hunt in the tundra. It had been a while since we had something to eat. So, we were pretty hungry. The weather started to turn and a blizzard rolled in. We had usual places we would meet up, or go to when these things happened, and I went to a nearby cave to take shelter. The weather didn't let up for several hours. I fell asleep, and when I woke up the blizzard was gone. I looked at the other meeting places and didn't find anyone. I went back to the main den and no one was there either. I waited for a couple days and nothing. My hunger drove me away from the den, and south, out of the coldness. I traveled for days and days, until I finally found something to eat. A dead caribou. But I was so far from the area of my pack that there was no way I could make it back. So I just kept on moving south. Till I ran into Jethro one day. And now I'm here."

Siyet let out a little chuckle. She had just shared a lot of information. Hopefully it didn't make her seem conceded.