(See All?) Announcements
460 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu

keep the beat — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Backdated to 12/24, for @Moonshadow only.

With @Aleister not having yet approached him about reclaiming the lead, and the reminder that was his discussion with his Godfather, Chan decided it was time to finalize something he had previously talked over with his mother. They'd decided to leave it for when the Vuesain heir stepped back in, but the wait no longer made sense, especially with everything going on. The pack needed her wisdom as much now as they ever would in the future.

He came to the pack's den and began to look for her, letting out a few barks that called her by name. It didn't need to take long, if she was preoccupied or resting.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Water dripped from her salt and pepper maw as she finished her drink from the lake when Chan's barks reached her ears. Her silver dusted banner waved behind her as she gave a few barks of her own in response. Turning her large frame from the frozen lake Moonshadow made her way back towards the communal den to meet her eldest son. It wasnt long until his agouti form came into view through the trees. Her tail picked up pace wagging behind her as she closed the distance to greet him with an affectionate nudge and kiss to his cheek. "Hello love, how are ya?"She asked smiling at him.

Word Count: 109
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan nuzzled his cheek against his mother's in return, tail wagging at ease. Her presence was always a welcomed comfort, even when there were political matters to discuss.

"I'm doing alright," he replied casually, with a roll of his shoulders.

"Still wish I could do something more about Kip and Nori."

It was easy to admit to her such a concern, as it was likely shared by the pack as a whole. Chan couldn't imagine any of them weren't affected, watching the children grapple with life without their mother.
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2022, 02:49 AM by Chan.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Once their greeting was finished the older she-wolf took a step back to allow her son to respond. To which he said he was doing alright though he wished that he could do more about Nori and Kip. Her silver dusted ears flicked back with sadness and understanding. "I do too love..." Thats why she had gone down to the valley to look for some any sign of the women. "All we can do is hope and pray they make their way back to us safe 'n sound." The aging woman explained her heart heavy. Nori was her grandbaby and Kip was her friend and had three pups missing her. And both had an entire pack worried for them.

Word Count: 119
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan nodded his agreement. They had truly done everything they could, short of halting their own lives completely. This was simply one of the more unsightly facets of life, one which they apparently were not allowed to look away from. Hope, pray - would there ever be a moving on part? He wasn't concerned with himself of course, but the children primarily. Chan had experienced plenty in his five years, but he'd been lucky enough to have both parents with him throughout his childhood. He therefore had no idea what the Vuesain-Kipley litter's path through this would be.

"You know, with all of this going on, I've been thinking," he started toward the point which he'd sought her out to discuss, "it doesn't really make sense waiting for Aleister to call you an advisor. The pack needs your strength and knowledge now just as much as they ever will in the future."
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The Eastfall pair agreed their two missing family members were missed very much. Though the conversation turned in a way the ebony woman hadn't expected. Her silver dusted ears perked up curiously as moonlight-colored orbs met mismatched counterparts. Her eldest proposed that the pack needed her strength and knowledge now. He explained there was no reason to wait for Aleister to call her an advisor. Her heart swelled and her silver dusted tail picked up its pace waving behind her. "Aw love, that's so sweet of ya! I'd love to help in any way I can." She replied, her salt and pepper maw pulling into a warm toothy grin. The aging woman always helped her pack in anyway she could, now was no different.

Word Count: 124
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
His mother's happiness was clear, to the point he couldn't help but reflect it upon his own features. His smile grew more broad and his tattered tail mirrored her own full banner.

"Thank you, Mom."

He knew that he would never stop being grateful for such a wonderful mother to guide and support him.

"Maybe, you can talk to the kids? They adore you, and it might be easier to talk with you than their father..."

They were missing that maternal presence now, and perhaps they felt that they might upset Aleister with questions or complaints. Given how quiet the man was, Chan had no clue if he'd talked the children through this or not. It could be difficult on a good day to speak of such horrific happenings, much less when you were also struggling yourself.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

All throughout her life Moonshadow had never been the wolf to try for a specific role or position within the pack. Never ambitious or power hungry. She had simply wanted nothing more than to help her pack - her family. In the past that had meant leading to keep the cove strong, now it means being there for Chan, and Aleister when he reclaims the throne. Her eldest suggested that she talked to the triplets, check in on them since Kip still hadnt returned. She had kept some tabs on the kiddos but hadnt sat any of them down and specifically asked how they were doing in relation to their mother being gone. "That's a good idea love" the mother agreed with her own child with a nod of her head. She would see if any of them wanted to talk about anything.

Word Count: 142
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
She agreed again, and Chan felt as though he could breathe a little more freely. It helped, knowing for sure that someone was going to give the children a proper outlet. It felt intrusive for him to do it himself, for he believed he had not gotten close enough with them to broach such a topic. It wasn't guaranteed that they would open up to him, and he didn't want to be responsible for them further pushing down their emotions than the trauma itself had already caused them too. No wolf needed more walls.

"Wanna bring Al in the loop with me?" he asked then, with a nod toward the direction he'd last known the man to be in. It was important for @Aleister to know the team he had waiting for him, as well as be given a heads up regarding the kids. Perhaps he wanted to handle it, or had already done so, himself.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

A part of her felt guilt for not checking up on the children sooner but better late than never right? Had Chan voiced how he felt about needing someone to talk to she would have agreed with him completely. He didn't, but instead asked if she would like to accompany him to tell @Aleister of the new role she has assumed. Though she supposed it wasn't truly a new role per say, but instead adding a title to something she had naturally fallen into. "Sure, lead the way" she smiled in a simple agreement. She followed her tawny boy away from the lake in search of the Vuesain man whom would hopefully soon make his return to the throne.

-Fade-

Word Count: 119