(See All?) Announcements
532 Users Online
Bing, Google

we won't forget you — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Backdated to 1/3, for @Aleister and @Leo only. Chan lookin' like a bog witch bc why not.

It was time to widen the search range - Kateri now had had enough time to make it off the mountain, if that was even what happened. Chan couldn't help the curdling in his gut that they were actually leaving her behind, trapped somewhere remote and dangerous on the range. He knew first paw just how treacherous their home really was, especially for inexperienced paws. Still, they couldn't ignore any possibilities, and as it had been agreed to previously, the more eyes and noses looking, the better their odds.

In theory, anyways.

Chan had asked that they bring dried furs and basic first aid supplies, in case they found the child in poor condition. He walked with the pelt of a stag draped over his own back, and a hare's skin cradling harvested fauna hung from his mouth as he led the way down the mountainside, toward the Falls he'd used time and again before to visit the lower forests.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

The worst possible scenarios of the condition they were going to find Kateri in and everything he believed he could have done better to prevent this from happening kept running through his head. What if there were going to find her mangled from falling from a slip outcrop she did not see? What if Kateri was taken by someone? What if there was another cougar roaming about? Aleister kept having to shake the disturbing what if images from his mind and keep focused on finding her alive and unharmed.

The Vuesain couldn't turn down the pleas of his sons wanting to help in the search, though his subconscious screamed at him that it was too dangerous to let them go. Perhaps, it was Kip screaming at him, but he couldn't refuse them. If he didn't let them go along, perhaps they would take matters into their own paws and go search for Kateri on their own. That he would not have, so he chose the option to let them be guided by adults with Leo coming with himself and Chan while Lynx went with Aquene and Nash.

As they traveled out for the Falls to travel to the lower lands with furs lining their backs, Aleister had been trailing behind Chan with Leo between the two of them for most of the trip. Though, now the Vuesain had something on his mind as he closed the distance between himself and Chan, coming up alongside of the young leader. "I don't think I've thanked you properly for stepping up when I was down," he mentioned as his gaze glanced over to him. "So thank you, I should have said that sooner." Aleister admitted with a nod of his crown towards the Eastfall.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's ears twisted toward Aleister as they heard his footfalls bringing him to his side. His words caused a twist of guilt, as the Eastfall was rather confident he hadn't done enough to earn appreciation. This certainly didn't seem like the time for Aleister to be feeling particularly thankful. It felt to the tawny substitute like there was a but cocked and ready; were they finally going to discuss putting things back in proper order?

"You don't have to, Aleister," he spoke quietly around the flimsy legs of the hare pelt by which it was carried. It further muffled his words, but hopefully the other man understood well enough. Or not. Chan wouldn't have minded if he hadn't heard his words.

"Is there... anything I don't know?" a tentative way of asking 'why am I still doing this?'
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

"I do though," he returned, his gaze seeking to meet Chan's. Whether the Eastfall wanted to believe it, he was the reason the pack was a strong as they were with everything they have been dealt with these past months. He was a damn fine leader in Aleister's opinion, and he was determined to make sure the man knew it. "I know this was not something you exactly wanted, but you are the reason the Cove is still standing with everything we have been dealt with. Without you, I'm not sure the Cove would have still stood as strong as it has. I just want you to know that." He said candidly as his gaze looked back out in front of them as they moved closer to the Falls.

His words held another unsaid question, which made a ting of guilt flood his veins. "No, I just... I needed to get my emotions in check with everything," he answered silently referring to the several overwhelming events over the past few months since he had recovered. But now clarity has found him. "I would like to reclaim leadership of the Cove, relieving you to do whatever you desire."

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
The words that followed were a genuine surprise. Chan reacted first with knitted brows, which steadily loosened into mildly widened eyes as the man continued. His mismatched gaze sought the other's for verification, but Aleister was facing ahead once more, and so it again drifted forward. It should have been a relief to hear him say, but the younger wolf still couldn't be so sure that it was true. Not now, while they searched for defenseless, vulnerable Kateri who might have never been in this situation if it wasn't for his aloofness.

"That's understandable," he spoke up, voice more sure than it had been previously - Chan was well aware that Aleister was wrestling with a lot, and the missing family wasn't even the whole of it.

Then, the words he'd been waiting for for so long were at last spoken. Chan was sickened by his own sense of relief, finally and so purely felt despite the bleak mission they were on.

"Thank you, Aleister."

His head lowered as he drifted a few steps behind, and his shoulders relaxed as the weight was lifted from them by giving the other man the lead.
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2022, 06:16 AM by Chan.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

He was relieved to not hear Chan disagree with his words, he needed to say these words to the young man or else he would be upset with himself. Chan kept the Cove alive while he was sick and, in his eyes, he would be indebted to the Eastfall for what he sacrificed. There was a lot more in common between them besides their looks. Aleister knew the freedom Chan sacrificed, while the Vuesain won't be leaving the mountain until his last breath, he knew there was more in store for Chan.

As Chan slowed to give him the lead physically and figuratively, Aleister stopped briefly to look back at him. "I mean it Chan, whatever you desire." He had earned it.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
He anticipated the conversation to end there, but Aleister spoke again. Chan met his gaze as the older wolf emphasized his freedom to choose. It prompted a discussion that likely didn't really need to be had, but one that he didn't want to regret not having later on.

"I plan on leaving the Lore again before Spring. Find the next thing, you know?"

There was no rush to assure the other man that he would come back often, as there had been with his Godfather. Instead, he merely looked to Aleister to see if he did, in fact, know what he meant.
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2022, 06:19 PM by Chan.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

Their mismatched gazes met then as the Eastfall man digested his words. Aleister would always be there to protect someone's right to freedom, and he would never demand them to do anything they did not wish to do. He had firsthand experienced it when he was younger, prompting his ideology on freedom of choice comes first in all things. Though Chan agreed to help Aleister when he needed him, it was not without sacrifice for the Eastfall. So, the Vuesain was not surprised by his next words.

Nodding, "I hope you find what you are looking for," he answered in return with a small encouraging smile crossing his lips. "And the Cove will always be here for you whenever you need us." Though, he was sure the man knew that as most of his family resided within the valley lake territory, Aleister wanted to reassure him of it anyway.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Aleister didn't have questions or requests, as the others had. He merely confirmed that this was alright, and that the pack would not hold it against him. It was as much as he had expected, but it still felt good to hear the Vuesain say. Chan smiled, briefly but true. He pushed his legs a little harder, mind now clear to focus on their true intent.

If they could just find Kateri and bring her back home, he would then truly feel free again.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

The Vuesain didn't need any words of confirmation from the other as the brief smile from him was enough to know he understood. Aleister was happy to know Chan had plans for his future and he wanted to find something for himself. He only hoped that his lookalike will be able to find what he is looking for whether that was outside of the Lore or within it. Either way, Aleister only wanted to see him happy. That was what mattered most. So, with squared shoulders, the Vuesain moved further towards the Falls in hopes his daughter was out there, alive and well. As there was another wolf, he needed to make happy again.

One more from you then archive?