Bing, Eclypse, Google, Riven

tell it to the crows — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Linden who has 9 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Victarion Tytos Ironbelly
AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL.
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
I WILL LET YOU DOWN. I WILL MAKE YOU HURT.

<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>One would think that freedom from a cruel rule would be as sweet as honey, but that was a fools dream. Victarion wasn't sure how long he had been lost in this wood, but it was just like every other wood he'd stumbled upon since he abandoned his home and his duties long ago. Days had turned into weeks, and weeks had turned into months, and before long a year had rolled right on by. Although, he felt as though a lifetime had passed by him, he felt old and weary, and it made it impossible to enjoy this so called 'freedom' he'd sought out to begin with. Sure he had seen things, met others, but that never stopped him from keeping on the dusty trail to nowhere.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Finally, after having seen that same purple-berry bush one too many times, he stopped walking and glanced around. He couldn't be sure of whether it was midday or if the sun had started to set, but the humidity in the damp woods caused him to feel ever so slightly uncomfortable. His tundra blood was showing, heat and summer had never been his companions. Grumbling something foul beneath his breath, he turned in a circle and attempted to regain his bearings--however, he failed miserably. That was when he saw <i>it</i>. A crow. Perched ever so carefully above his head, staring down at him with beady, black eyes. Victarion hated crows. Noisy, mean, irritating scavengers that they were, the vile creatures reveled in the suffering of others and were never above playing audience. Without rationally considering the distance between himself and the tree canopy, Victarion launched himself from the ground and snapped his jaws at the unreachable bird. In response the bird merely fluffed its feathers and cawed uncontrollably--Victarion knew it was laughing at him, as he tumbled back to the earth with a thud.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>The blisters on his paws burst with the impact of the landing and he snarled briefly in pain. The heat and the exhaustion from traveling was beginning to drive him mad, he knew that. Or at least he figured that was the way he must have looked to the pair of eyes watching him from a distance. His senses had rushed back to him the instant the pain in his feet woke him up, and it was around that point in time he had noticed he wasn't alone. Bracing himself, he turned on his aching feet to face the general direction of this stranger. "<b>I hope you found that amusing, because I certainly didn't.</b>" He muttered gruffly. He was not in the mood to play hide and seek, he would either greet this wolf or scare them off, whichever came first.</font></blockquote>

<b>ooc:</b> hope this works for you!
(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2012, 09:23 PM by Victarion.)
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The younger, smaller wolf had watched the multi-colored wolf in worry. She had been watching the male for some time now and she could point out a slight limp that the wolf had, as though he was carrying more than his own weight. Though when she sniffed the air to determine the scent, then and only then did she find out that he was a lone wolf. For she had never seen him in Copper Rock Creek pack didn't mean that the pack didn't have any travelers. When the stranger sprang she was shocked, in fear that he might have found her and was about to attack, but when she heard the flutter of wings and a soft <b>crow</b> did she relax only realizing that it was a bird, and surely not her that he had seen. 

When the other wolf landed she heard loud yowl of pain and she had to bite her tongue and dig her claws into the ground to keep from rushing to the strangers side to help them. She didn't want to startle the other wolf and she surely wasn't sure if the male was friendly or not. The urge to help the other wolf and mend some of his pain came naturally, but what came to a shock was when he spoke to her. His voice was rough, but almost held a gentleness to it. She was shocked that he had indeed seen her, though it also wasn't a surprise. With the lighting her light emerald eyes were easily noticeable in the darkness. 

Stepping forward so that the setting sun hit her fur she spoke gently and softly, <b>"I don't find another wolf's pain amusing,"</b> Nina spoke logically, <b>"Can I take a look at your paw?"</b>  The smaller wolf didn't take another step towards the wolf just in case her found the motion threatening. Though the female's medical training had kicked in she currently didn't have any herbs with her. She had kept them all in her bag with the pack for she knew they wouldn't dare look through her things. She tilted her head slightly keeping her eyes on the stranger before hesitantly introducing herself. 

<b>"I am Nina Hervok, may I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"</b> the younger wolf spoke again, softly but with  upmost respect. 
(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2012, 10:06 PM by Nina.)
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>Victarion remained still and quiet, utilizing whatever patience he had left to wait for this stranger to make themselves known or vanish altogether. Eventually, the she-wolf had the guts to reveal herself to him, and for that he had to manage some respect for her. Some had been too fearful of him to dare approach him in such a mood, but then again his name was not well-known in these parts, the wolves didn't known any better. Perhaps that was a sign for him to start over anew, but Victarion would have a devil of a time convincing himself of that. Returning his thoughts to the task at hand, he digested her response and pursed his lips together in a thoughtful manner.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"<b>Hm.</b>" He grunted in response, shrugging his shoulders as he reclined back into a sitting position. It may have been arrogant, but Victarion was fairly relaxed in the company of such a petite wolf--he didn't get a murderous vibe from her either, so he wasn't all too concerned. He displayed his indifference by glancing around every now and then, not a worry in the world about taking his eyes off of her. However, her next statement drew his attention. It was hinted by the way his ear turned in her direction, and his gaze slowly followed after that. He met her striking green gaze with his own piercing gray one for a few moments, and it was at that point in time that he realized she was probably a healer of some sort. Either that or she wanted to maim him some more, which was a welcome challenge any day.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>He took a moment before finally responding, "<b>Do you make it a habit to show all strangers such generosity, or am I just lucky?</b>" He hadn't fully intended for his question to seem so harsh, but it was just the hoarse sound of his voice that made it sound so. He cleared his throat awkwardly, but did not apologize. Reluctantly, he lifted his front left paw for her to examine, it was the one that throbbed the worst and for all he knew it was infected with some blood disease. He hoped it wasn't, it would be a disappointment for him to be taken out by some measly infection. He blinked a few times as she introduced herself, apparently they were now on a first name basis. It wasn't that bad, she didn't pose him any threat and was being polite, there was no sense in flat-out rejecting her. "<b>Nina Hervok.</b>" He repeated quietly, before his rumbling response came. "<b>Well, I don't know if it'll be much of a <i>pleasure</i> per se, but I'm Victarion Ironbelly.</b>"

Normally he wasn't a conversational sort, but there they were and he was in no condition to bound off back onto the dusty trail to nowhere in particular. "<b>You're a healer.</b>" He said, rather than asked, although he was seeking some sort of affirmation.</font></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The smaller wolf took the lift of his paw as a meaning to approach. His glances around told her he wasn't a wary one and at the moment wasn't aggressive. The tone of his voice made her nervous but not angry as we approached the wolf. Taking a quick sniff of his paw she was glad to smell that it wasn't infected. Licking his blood off of his paw she examined it closer. There was a thorn that he had landed on. Thank the wolf Lords that he had ran into her so she could take care of this before it became infected. She wasn't going to pull out the thorn though without his permission. Her ears pricked slightly as he ran off his questions one by one and she answered them kindly for him. 

<b>"Well, I honestly don't know, Victarion. I am a healer. I think it's just my personality. I don't like seeing others in pain, mainly ones that are so kind,"</b> the smaller female wolf spoke softly as if whispering. 

Sniffing his paw again she tilted her head up to meet his gray gaze, <b>"There is a thorn in your paw and it would be in your best interests if I pulled it out. Is this alright?"</b> The brown, golden wolf blinked her eyes and asked the question calmly her emerald eyes shining. 

She knew she would need some herbs to apply to the wolf's paw just in case of infection and she was sure there were some herbs around here somewhere. A slight <i>crow</i> made the wolf slightly aggitated as she tended to the wolf with care. While she was tending to the wolf he wouldn't mind having some conversation to make the stranger not as foreign to her. She couldn't find it in herself to be unkind and this was the best way she was. This is just how she was. 
Inactive No Rank
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>Victarion observed her out of the corner of his eye as she slowly, but surely, approached him. She was a persistent one, he would give her that, she inspected his paw thoroughly and insisted on keeping a conversation going. He really shouldn't complain, but he was always at odds when meeting someone new. There was a certain process he needed to go through, he needed to assess them and act accordingly. There was no sense in having such a process if he did not make an effort to get to know someone, though, and he knew as much.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"<b>You don't know anything about me.</b>" He replied quietly, brows furrowing into a slight scowl, "<b>How do you know I'm <i>so kind</i>.</b>" It was a practical question, he had to make the assumption that she was younger than himself, and therefore more trusting. Or perhaps she was just sheltered as a child. Anything seemed like a better assumption than her being a genuinely charitable wolf. That, he found difficult to believe, if only because he had met so few.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Victarion glanced back down at her when she alerted him to the thorn in his paw, and his disdain for prickly bushes was renewed. It was strange, how such a big, burly wolf could have so much dislike for plants and crows, but it was just his way. Anything that caused him the slightest annoyance or trouble that was not of his kind, was instantly a nuisance. But the crows, those were his least favorite. "<b>Well, you're the expert, go ahead.</b>" Curt as his words were, his tone had significantly relaxed, nor was he being sarcastic. Chances were she was part of a pack and training, or in-training at the very least.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"<b>Where am I?</b>" He inquired after a brief period of silence, "<b>I'm not from around these parts, and I think I've suffered heat spell, so I've gotten turned around more than once.</b>" He was staring at that stupid, purple-berry bush as he spoke. The one landmark that he had seen so often that afternoon. "<b>Do tell me you're familiar with the territory.</b>" He was still going along with the assumption she was from around these parts.</font></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The female looked down at the paw again and grasped the thorn with her teeth before pulling briefly on the thorn and pulling it out of the larger wolf's paw.  She winced slightly at the soft <i>pop</i> of the thorn coming out if his paw. Licking his paw quickly before more blood could show she grabbed a nearby leaf and wrapped it around his paw, almost looking like a bandage, to keep the blood from going everywhere and so that he would lose less blood. 

The red wolf answered one of the wolf's questions softly, <b>"You didn't attack me, and so far I haven't heard you be extremely rude."</b>  Raising her head to meet the other wolf's gaze before backing away to give the other wolf some space before answering another one of his questions. <b>"I am from around here. I am in Copper Rock Creek pack, and you're around the border actually,"</b> Nina answered the male her voice soft. 

The sun was almost finished setting as she looked up at the sky. The light purple and red mixing fairly well. Sniffing the air she lowered her head to the ground slightly before clawing at the ground.  Quickly averting her attention back to her patient she blinked quickly. <b>"Sorry about that. I got distracted. Anything else that is wrong that I may help you with?"</b> 

OCC: Sorry for the short post. I have bad writers block. :P
(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2012, 08:21 PM by Nina.)
Inactive No Rank
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>A muscle beneath the male's left eye twitched as she extracted the thorn. He refused to wince or whimper in pain, such behavior was for small children and weak wolves. Certainly not for him. Before he knew it, she had gone and wrapped his paw up nice and tight. It was only a dull ache and a fading memory to him now, just like every other flaw or mark upon his battlefield of a body. She seemed busy with tending to his foot, so he didn't press her to answer his questions quickly, although not the most patient of men, he was not daft or inconsiderate.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>He surprised himself by the brief bark of laughter he released at her response. It was not a musical, nor joyous laughter, but it was laughter nonetheless. Dark, deep laughter better suited for a bear rather than a wolf, perhaps. "<b>I don't believe I've given you any reason to think I'm kind either, but alas, I'm not going to try and change your mind.</b>" He shrugged his shoulders again before slowly pulling himself into a standing position. Once up, he arched his spine and stretched out, the few pops and cracks in his achy bones essential audible as he did so. However unpleasant it may have sounded, he felt significantly better once his back was properly stretched. He closed his gray-blue eyes at this point, relishing in the gentle breeze that rolled through the wood.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Without opening his eyes he responded, a curious, but sarcastic, hint to his tone, "<b>Copper Rock Creek, hm? Must be a nice place to have such generous healers.</b>" Sounded homey and pleasant enough, it was probably a family-oriented sort of pack with all sorts of friendships and connections. Such a place seemed foreign to him, but a part of him yearned for it. A fraction of his soul yearned for such a place, for peace and quiet and a place to rest his head. Somewhere he didn't need to utilize bully tactics. He wanted to know more, but pride prevented him from asking. "<b>No need to apologize, you've been more than help enough. More than what I'd expect from a common stranger.</b>" He paused briefly, "<b>Although, Nina, I suppose we aren't strangers anymore.</b>"</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>He opened one eye and cleared his throat again, "<b>The heat and the sun have given me a mighty ache in my skull.</b>" He admitted slowly. To Victarion, asking for help was not an easy task, but it seemed like the rational thing to do at the moment. His ear twitched at the sound of a crow cawing again, the vile creature had moved elsewhere but remained in the vicinity. He muttered a curse underneath his breath, before glancing at Nina once more, "<b>Apologies.</b>" </font>

<b>ooc:</b> no worries dude! all good to me. 8)</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Nina blinked her eyes and tilted her head at the older wolf.  <i>Headaches. That would be feverfew.</i> Sniffing around slightly she padded over to a bush carefully plucking some leaves from the small bush. Quickly walking back over to Victarion she nosed the leaves towards him lowering her ears slightly. <b>"These should help with your headaches. Feverfew is honestly my personal favorite herb for migraines."</b>  She backed away again to give the wolf space. If she knew one thing it was to not get in another wolf's personal space.

While she hoped that the other wolf would eat the herbs she provided him with she spoke again speaking of her pack. <b>"Copper Rock Creek is a nice pack in my opinion. The first wolf that I met, Kashikoi, from the pack was the first kind wolf I met since coming to Relic Lore. As for me being a healer that is true, but I hunt and fight when needed. I don't like others providing for me while I sit back and collect herbs."</b>  When she heard the soft <i>crow</i> she had to stop herself from growling slightly at the bird. Blinking her eyes at Victarian she laughed. 

Her laugh was quite light and quiet. It didn't have much tone to it, but it did echo slightly as soft as it was. <b>"I suppose we aren't strangers anymore."</b>  The slight curse that came out of the males mouth didn't bother her, she had heard much worse when she tended to patients with a major mental disorder. <b>"No need to apologize. The crows annoy me too."</b>
Inactive No Rank
MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>Victarion watched as she trotted off, sniffing around the bushes, she was on a mission to find something. He was thankful for her aid, and therefore his pride didn't hurt so much to have asked for it. Once she seemed to find what it was she was looking for, he was presented with a commonplace herb--although, for the life of him, he couldn't remember what it was called. "<b>Thank you.</b>" He murmured, almost gently, as he bent to sniff the leaves for himself. He had no reason to be suspicious of poison, but it was a force of habit nonetheless.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>He listened patiently, as she quickly became quite a chatterbox regarding this Copper Rock Creek pack. Victarion wasn't surprised, as it was natural for one to be proud of their home and family. Or at least that was how a natural wolf pack should feel. As she spoke about her recruitment to the pack, he tentatively began to chew on the feverfew. The taste was awfully bitter for his own senses, but naturally the best medicine tasted the worst. "<b>Nasty creatures.</b>" He agreed at the mention of the crows, his muzzle dipping in a slight nod and his gray-blue eyes darting to the tree canopy every now and then. By then he had finished up the feverfew, and was licking the remainder of it from his lips.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>"<b>You tell me things so easily, and yet I have given you little in return.</b>" He muttered suddenly, amongst the growing dark. Victarion was not big on talking, never had been even as a child, but when he did talk it was usually to get a point across. "<b>For all you know I could be some <span class='word'>fugitive</span>, whose head is wanted by some faraway land. I wonder why you trust me so easily?</b>" His voice was earnest and humorless, almost melancholy. There was a brief silence before he spoke again, "<b>You said the borders aren't far...do you tell me these things because they're recruiting? Or is your information useless to me.</b>" Although blunt, it was a fair question. Victarion was never a fan of others wasting his time, healers or not.</font></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2012, 03:27 PM by Victarion.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Dipping her head in acknowledgement to the other wolf's thanks she smiled slightly. <b>"It's not a problem. I don't mind helping others."</b> Nina turned her head in the general direction of where she was before pricking her ears slightly relaying what the other wolf was saying. They were technically recruiting, and she wouldn't be lying if she told him that. At least the last time she checked they were recruiting, and getting more members in the pack wouldn't be such a bad thing either. Twitching her ears a few crows flew overhead making loud noise. Without realizing it, the golden brown female wolf pinned her ears back. It was around the time that crows went back to their bests. The time was getting later, and the birds probably wanted to have some night's rest. 

Turning her head back to Victarion she answered his questions softly, <b>"I don't mind. You asked me questions, I answer them. I'm not one to pry in ones business. If you want to tell me something you can, I might be able to read someone occasionally after I get to know them, but I don't go prying into other wolf's personal business."</b> The smaller wolf spoke honestly as she answered the wolf's statement. 

Thinking for a second or two, Nina licked her paws to get the feverfew off of them. Though they were bitter she was quite used to it and the tangy taste of the leaves quickly faded off of her tongue. Speaking up again, though softly she murmured,<b> "I honestly don't judge another until I meet them. I'm not one to judge at all actually. I believe everyone deserves at least more than three chances before I make my decision about them.  As for Copper Rock Creek, I believe they are recruiting. At least last time I checked, which wasn't long ago, they were accepting anyone willing to join."</b> 

The smaller wolf tried not to wince slightly at the topic she had just spoken about. A old friend of hers out of Relic Lore had taught her that lesson, the male, now deceased, helped her and taught her many life lessons. He had been a kind wolf and she knew she would never forget him. Drawing a paw over one of her ears Nina sighed in longing, almost to herself as she sniffed the air to see if she scented anything unusual in the air, but unsurprisingly came up with nothing.