(See All?) Announcements
662 Users Online
Google, Bing

snowmaggedon — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
RE: Sanguine Cove, due to recent snows, your local water source has become very difficult to access.
Mid-Morning | Light Snow Showers, -7° F | Calling any SC wolves in the area: @Chan @Oksana @Nash @Aquene @Siyet @Jethro @Flair @Moonshadow @Stella

Allowing Lynx to go explore for part of the day made the single parent rather nervous and he fought the urge to trail the boy to make sure he was safe. Aleister had to let his children experience things or else they would never get the knowledge they needed to learn on their own. By this time, Aleister had already been exploring and away from his home, so he had to hope they were cut from the same cloth and could keep themselves out of trouble. He wasn't sure how his parents did it as he felt he was going to exploded with anxiety. At least the rest of his children were safe within the borders.

As he was heading to the lakeside to grab a drink, he found the path they usually took as overtaken by the recent snowstorm. The beaten trail in the snow was completely covered, making the trip to their water source rather difficult. So Aleister started to clear the trail again, in hopes he could clear a path for the rest of the pack to use as well. Finding his actions not very effective, the Cove leader let out a couple barks hoping to call to attention anyone in the area to come help him.

(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2022, 04:55 PM by Aleister.)
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
The most recent snows had caused some problems around the cove for Oksana. With her leg it had been a little harder and more tiring getting through the deeper snow. She still did her best to accomplish her duties but she preferred the den over being out in the snow. That was in face where she was when she heard her husband's call. She'd know his voice anywhere and it was clear he needed help.

She couldn't let that go so she left the den and traversed through the snow as quickly as she could. She soon found him at the head of the trial they used to get to their water source. "What is it Lee?" She asked as she came up and stopped short of reaching him, "Oh, this is not good at all," she said as she could see what the problem was now that she was closer.

"I'm here to help just tell me where you want me," she said looking over to him."
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan turned his course when he heard Aleister beckon. It didn't take long for him to arrive, and it was clear what the issue was when he spotted both the returned leader and Oksana in deep snow not far from the lake's shore. This was routine work for the mountain wolves, at least in his experience, and he let out a friendly bark to announce his presence before getting right to work.

Chan used his heavy paws and head alike to bulldoze through the snow, slowly but steadily helping to the clear the familiar path down to the shore. They would likely need to break open some of the water holes again, too.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash was quite ready for spring now, thank you very much. This snowfall was getting ridiculous. He wondered if the other two packs were having this much trouble; it seemed to him a heavier winter than they'd had in a while. His opinion was only solidified when he heard Al's call for assistance and arrived to find three of his packmates clearing snow on the path to the water. The guardian heaved a sigh and stepped in beside them, giving a few bunny-hops to get into the deeper drift ahead and start trying to tamp down a preliminary path so they weren't all squashed into on place.

"I'll be the ice is thick as a tree, too," he grouched, tossing the words over his shoulder to his packmates.

Getting a drink of water should not require this much work.

Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

It didn't take long for someone to come to his call for help. Sana was the first to arrive, telling him to direct her where he wanted her. Chan was next, bulldozing through the snow as he instantly got to work on clearing the path. Nash came last, noting his fear that the ice had frozen over their usual drinking holes. Oh, how he disliked winter.

"Sana, help Chan clear the path as best as you can. Doesn't need to be perfect," he instructed, they only needed it to be clear enough for now as overtime they would all trample down the snow further. "Nash and I will work on the watering holes," he commented as he trudged his way over to the dark coated male. Eyeing a spot, he jumped up on his hindquarters before forcing his front paws down upon the ice in hopes of weakening it enough to break the hole open once more. Aleister repeated the movements until he could feel he was getting close to punching through the hole.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
It was disastrous the scene she'd come upon when she answered her husband's call. They had no way to get to the lake so that they could get water. This needed to be dealt with and immediately. She sought Aleister's direction as Chan came and started clearing the path right away. Nash also came to lend a paw which gave her hope that the four of them could clear the mess quickly.

She received her direction which was to help Chan to clear the path. "Got it," she told Aleister before moving to where Chan was. Right away she started digging putting everything into it. She pulled as much snow as she could in one go so that it might go faster. The crow knee there wasn't anyway it was going to be perfect but then Aleister said it didn't have to be
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
To no one's surprise, Chan's brother was quickly present as well, adding to amount of massive paws working to shovel away snow and ice. They would make short work of this, he felt certain, and even if it did drag on a little at least they were all in it together. As Nash cited concerns about the water itself, Aleister broke the team in two. Oksana fell into place beside him, working quickly and efficiently.

Chan worked to compliment her strokes, so that they made progress as quickly as was possible between the two of them.

"Helps ya wake up, huh?" he spoke in between breaths to his assigned partner, trying to keep the task light.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Hope its okay to toss her in! <3

Moon was deep asleep within the communal den when Aleister's barks went out. A single silver dusted flicked at the noise, briefly bringing her into a light sleep. When no more noise came from outside the den the inky woman was about to slip back into her deep slumber. A noise from within the warm den finished pulling her from her sleep. She didnt know who exited the den only that someone did. A large yawn poured from her salt and pepper maw, her coral tongue curling in on itself before relaxing and licking her inky lips. Slowly she blinked the sleep away from her mercury orbs giving her large limbs a nice, good stretch before exiting the den. It took a second for her cool eyes to adjust to the brightness outside but once adjusted she saw Chan and Oksana digging away at the giant snowbank that blocked the pathway to the lake. Silver dusted ears picked up more noise coming from the lake, the wind told her it was Aleister and Nash down there. She trotted up to her son and fellow onyx packmate. "Good mornin', I'm gonna help Al 'n Nash down by the water. I know a trick to break the ice easily." She tried to smile to them despite worry pulling at her. The path would eventually wear down with them all walking over it, but the ice needed to be broken.

She made her way down to the lakes edge, tramping through deep snow to get there...it really did snow heavily didnt it? Moonshadow let out a few barks to alert the men that she was there to help. Her mercury gaze observed them using their front paws to bare down on the ice before looking around for a sizable rock. She didnt see any immediately, so she out her nose to the ground to search for one. Finally she found one that was a good size and looked like it would do the trick. She opened her speckled maw to pick up the rock, finding it to be heavier than anticipated. Though the weight of the rock would come in handy since the ice was thicker than usual. With her tool in her jaws Moon trotted over to Al and Nash looking between the two questioning where she should use it with her eyes since her mouth was occupied.

Word Count: 396
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

With the four adults assembled, Al was quick to dole out duties and Nash leapt to join his leader at the ice itself. Oksana and Chan fell in beside each other to dig, and from Nash could see they appeared to make a good team, working quickly. Al was hopping, driving his front paws down on the ice to break through with his weight. Nash mirrored him, timing his own hops with Al's so they were landing together, their feet as close together as Nash dared aim. He didn't want them to land on each other, after all, and even though the water here wasn't deep, he didn't fancy falling through while it was this cold out.

His mother suddenly appeared at their side, a large rock in her mouth. Nash paused, staring at her with a cocked head. "A rock?" he asked, hoping his mom knew it was a rock and wasn't beginning to go senile.

Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

As the duo worked on the ice, his mismatched gaze flickered over to Chan and Sana as they worked efficiently to make trails in the snow. It wouldn't take long for the four of them to clear the way for the rest of the pack. As they were working down the ice, Moonshadow appeared with a rock settled between her jaws, prompting him to pause in his work. Mismatched gaze looked to the matriarch, quickly understanding what she wanted.

Looking down at the ice, Aleister looked for the weakest spot within the area him and Nash were working on. Using his paw, the agouti man pointed to the spot where he wanted Moon to drop it. "Here. Drop it here, he instructed before moving his paw away so Moon could drop the rock.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]