(See All?) Announcements
538 Users Online
Google, Bing

get out of my way — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 626 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
The start of the pup exchange between DEB and SC! The DEB pups are going back to SC for 2 weeks (February 5th-19th), and then the SC pups will be coming to DEB for 2 weeks (February 19th-March 5th). Special tags for @Aleister @Archer @Marguerite and @Hazelnut

The father felt a little bit like a mother goose moving through the trees with the children in tow. It was the first time that any of them would be away from home for any length of time, and Viorel was really only nervous about them being on the mountain. He was thankful that he himself would not need to make the journey up there, and trusted they would all be safe, but his fear of heights definitely was a thought in his head as they made their way to the grove.

It was the first phase of the new moon, which mean that it was time for the pups who wanted to go on the exchange to meet up with the Cove wolves. It would be a couple weeks before they returned, and then the Backwater would host their own set of guests. It was a tradition within the Estuary to send children around to socialize with their peers, and learn about other packs, and Viorel was happy to bring the same experience to his children, and sister.

Coming for a halt as they entered the strange grove, Viorel looked around, they were early so he was not surprised that they were alone. Taking a seat he looked back at the young ones he had brought with him, ”We might have to wait a bit, so feel free to look around.” Or rest, he didn’t really care.

Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee was a little nervous about the decision to send the pups away for two whole weeks. A lot could happen in that amount of time especially on a mountain. Not that she didn't think the cove wolves wouldn't take care of the backwater pups but things happened. No matter how hard they tried to keep the pups safe sometimes things did go wrong. However, she understood that Vi was their father and the leader of the pack. She had to go along either this especially after the things that she'd said to him only a few weeks ago.

So as the pups aunt and Vi's advisor she felt that it was important to be there. So when it was time to head out for the meeting she was right there. She also really wanted to say bye to each of them and tell them how much she cared about them. That was important for her to get out before she wouldn't see them for the duration of their visit.

The meeting was to take place in Sacred Grove. When they arrived no one had gotten there yet from the other pack. Vi's instructions indicated it might be a moment so they could do as they pleased. Sharlee found a nice place close by to hang out while waiting for the cove wolves to arrive.
Played by Fig who has 54 posts.
Inactive Pup
Marguerite Valle

Margo nodded toward her dad after receiving permission to go explore a bit. She was feeling nervous. Like, really nervous. A bit of anxiety wasn't unusual for the pup, so far she'd gone through just about her whole life feeling at least a little bit anxious about one thing or another, but today's nerves were really something else.

"Nut.." she murmured as she approached the white-coated pup "Wanna go find some cool rocks or somethin'?" Maybe they could give the rocks to the adult wolves of the other pack when they showed up as like a thank you gift or something. Seemed polite. Either way a distraction was what the young fae needed right about now, and Nut was her very bestest friend as far as friendships went, so maybe some brief time spent with her would ease Margo's stomach a little before the journey.

Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Eros had insisted on coming along, despite turning down the opportunity to spend a few weeks up on top of the mountain. He could already go there whenever he wanted with @Seri, and he'd be able to leave on his own terms then too. The boy had a strong feeling he would miss home far too much, for it looked so isolated up there on the harsh peaks. None of that of course could keep him from saying goodbye to his siblings who did want to go.

They reached the meeting place, and he felt alive with anticipation. He couldn't help but hope that @Leo would be coming down too, though he hadn't admitted as much to anyone, even Archer or his mom.

Margo was chattering to Haze, and so Eros turned to his littermate and pinched his eyes mischievously at him.

"You gonna miss me?"
Played by Flywolf who has 320 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer wouldn't admit it to anyone, but he was nervous. He'd never gone beyond an hour's journey past the borders, and he was always home by bedtime to snuggle up with his Ma and Eros. He wished his brother was joining them, though he understood why he wouldn't be. Archer had been invited to travel with the loner pup too, but he liked the idea of a formal exchange to get to know their neighbors, even if it did mean he was going to be away from home.

He eyed his sister and age-mate aunt as they chatted, then turned to Eros and offered him a playful cuff to the ear. "You kidding me? I'm going to sleep easy knowing I'm not going to wake up to rampaging elk or stinky plants all over my fur," he teased, before sobering up and shooting a glance back at his Da and Aunt Sharlee. He lowered his voice. "Don't get into trouble while I'm gone, okay?" he asked, worry evident in his voice.

[size=x-small]Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
@Nash and @Oksana are joining Al to come pick up the kiddos

When the plan was solidified with the Backwater wolves, Aleister hadn't felt any uneasiness until his small group was making their way to the meeting spot in the Sacred Grove during the first phase of the new moon. The thought of having more young children to keep an eye on was uneasy enough, but with them not having any experience of traversing through rough terrain made him the most nervous. These weren't his kids, and they didn't grow up climbing the dangerous terrain where they lived. However, he couldn't deny them the opportunity to learn and grow, so Aleister had prepped the Cove wolves to keep an extra watchful eye on their guests.

The Backwater pups would be within the Cove for 2 weeks then his own children will have the opportunity to stay in the Backwater for two weeks as well. Having never been a part of a tradition like this, he was interested to see the outcome of their stays. If it all went well, the Vuesain would be interested in making it a tradition for the Cove children. And perhaps the Chasm would be interested in participating as well.

As the group reached the Grove, the agouti male discovered they were not the first to arrive. His mismatched gaze finding the younger Leader, "Well, it's about time I see your face again," he mused as he approached the other group within the Grove. All of their communication had been conducted through their traveling scouts, each of them staying in their respectful territories until now. His gaze wandering over the forms of the Backwater children and Sharlee who he had met almost a year ago when she was still searching for her family. He was happy to see she had found them. "I am Aleister Vuesain," he introduced to the young children he has not met yet. "I am the Cove's leader. This is Nash, our guardian," he continued, his gaze looking over to the dark coated man besides him. "And this is my wife, Oksana." Ocean and sunshine gaze falling upon her dark features before he turned back to the group before them.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
It had been an interesting proposal to say the least. The ides of the pups visiting for two weeks each. Oksana in all her time as a pack wolf had never seen such a thing done. She didn't know of before the coyotes the packs just didn't trust each other enough to allow their children to go away for two weeks without supervision or if it just hadn't been thought of. Whatever the reason it was happening now and Oksana was eager to see how things would turn out.

Sure she was nervous, in fact the whole way down she worried about the pups being on the mountain. What would happen if something happened to one of them. Still she'd come for a few reasons, it just didn't seem like something she should miss. The crow was thankful that she'd been able to keep up with Nash and her husband despite her handicap.

Finally they reached Sacred Grove and quickly found the group of backwater wolves waiting for them. Oksana stayed at Aleister's side dipping her head at the leader of the backwater respectfully. She turned to the children when her mate introduced her to them, "It's nice to meet you all. I hope you will enjoy your visit to the cove."
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash hadn't been down this side of the mountain since he'd retrieved herbs for Aquene, so when Al had explained the plan for the pup exchange he had jumped at the opportunity to visit their neighbors and help bring the children back up safely. The journey was far from a safe one, especially in the winter - and all the snow they'd been having - so as guardian he felt it his duty to assist in this too. That, and he was curious. This hadn't been something done when he'd been young, and he wondered how differently things might have turned out if the packs then had been as friendly as the packs now.

When they arrived they found two adults and a gaggle of children, on one of which Nash recognized. A smile split his face when he spotted Sharlee, but he waited until Al had finished introductions before speaking. "Hello, it's nice to meet everyone," he said, and then to Sharlee, "And good to see you again."

Played by Pinn who has 39 posts.
Paradise Falls XII. Subordinate
Hazelnut Donata-Valle

Hazey nodded, her eyes filled with light and wonder as she took in the mountain before them.. or well.. what she could see of it. She'd never done an exchange before, and aside from Viorel making it very clear that they were supposed to behave, she wasn't really sure what she was supposed to be doing, but whatever it was, it was exciting.

She was thrilled to see that Margo was stepping out of her comfort zone and heading with them up the mountain. Maybe it would be good for her to see a little bit more of the world, and if nothing else, at least Hazey would have a friend. "Sure!" She said, leading her companion away, but taking care to remain close to the group.

The wolves who arrived were all strangers to her, but they seemed nice enough, and she took care to remember their names, but withheld her own in favor of letting someone else be the first to say theirs.

Played by Ghost who has 626 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
Round 2! no post order!

The father was nervous for his children, and for his younger sister, and the fact that his advisor echoed these feelings was not lost on him. When she came into the clearing behind him, he shot her a lopsided grin, ”Do you remember your exchange? I think I came back with a couple girlfriends from mine…not that they knew about each other of course.” Not much has changed now that he thought about it. Oh god, maybe he should be keeping his kids at home.

Too late for that now. The kids were quick to talk amongst themselves and look about the Grove, but it could not have been more than a quarter of an hour, maybe half before the mountain wolves joined them. Getting to his paws and moving forward to greet Aleister with a hearty bump of shoulders he chuckled, ”Well maybe if you had not settled on top of a big rock I would make the trip myself more often.” It was clear that he was kidding, but realistically he would rather eat a porcupine than climb the mountain himself.

Gesturing to each wolf as he spoke he gave quick introductions himself, ”Sharlee my cousin and advisor, and these are some of my children Eros, Archer, and Marguerite. Eros just came to see everyone off, he has travel plans of his own.” Then he looked over his shoulder at the girls, ”And of course my sister Hazelnut, she would like to go as well, if you’ll have her.” She was not technically one of the leader’s kids, but at this rate given the disappearance of both her parents she may as well be. Looking back to the mountain pair he grinned, ”It is nice to see you again Aleister, and a pleasure to meet you Nash and Oksana.” Viorel knew the mountain wolves had been overrun with pups, and he could not help but wonder if Oksana had been one of the mothers.

(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2022, 03:35 AM by Viorel.)
[Image: s38i5ZS.png]