(See All?) Announcements
691 Users Online
Google, Bing

daylight deals a bad hand — Fool's Gold Chasm 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 187 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Backdated to 1/9, taking place the day after Levi finds Wrynn sick. He is calling for any adult and will be maintaining a big distance between himself and anyone who answers.
@Adelard @Saga @Rhaegara @Marrah @Caelyn @Enera

Leviticus wasn't really thrilled with the situation he'd put himself in, even though he would never take back helping another wolf. He hoped dearly that Adelard in particular would not be upset, and found himself torn between wishing the leader wouldn't be the one to answer and that he would just so he could get any kind of negative response over with. If only he had any inkling what the expectations would be in a situation such as this.

Standing outside of his own home, he took a deep breath and allowed himself one more minute of solitude and procrastination before at last tipping back his head and sending out a call. It asked for another grown up to join him at the border, for he needed to share some information.
Played by Ghost who has 143 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marrah Macieo-Tainn

I’m Done Putting Out The Fires You Start

The pup typically did not answer calls that were clearly for the adults, but this was not a strange who was howling. Sure, she didn’t know Levi that well, and in fact, she was not sure they had ever had a private conversation, but he was around. He certainly was not just some random stranger, and Enera would answer calls that were not intended for her, why couldn’t Marrah do the same.

She was trying to be braver, and this felt like a comfortable step in that direction.

Hurrying her pudgy body along, Marrah was pleased to see that she was the first one who had answered. Maybe she could handle this all on her own and all the adults would think was so smart. It was definitely better to be thought of as smart rather than scared, and she needed to work hard to improve her reputation. Wagging her tail at the thought, Marrah chirped, ”What do you need Levi?” Then she would get whatever it was, and he could tell the whole pack how helpful she had been. A foolproof plan. Smart, helpful, and definitely not even a little bit scared.

When The Cranberry Vodkas Hit A Little Too Hard

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
The moment Levi spotted Marrah, he started taking steps back for each that she took forward. He definitely did not want to get a child deathly sick, and who was gonna stop a kid from spreading germs? His green eyes snapped back and forth, repetitively panning the forest behind her in hopes that another adult would show up.

What do you need Levi?

"Uhh," he supposed beggars couldn't be choosers, "I need you to tell @Adelard something for me, okay Marrah? It's kind of a lot though."
[Image: qfzMxz5.png]
Inactive No Rank
Marrah Macieo-Tainn

She had been pretty pleased with herself for thinking this plan up, but when Levi began to step away from her, Marrah faltered. She paused her steps so as to not make him uncomfortable, and despite asking what he needed confusion was clear on her expression. He needed her to pass on a message, a long one. That could be could, she could do that, but it still did not clear up any of her confusion.

Chewing on her cheek for a second, trying to run possible scenarios through her brain, she came up with nothing. Finally she just asked, ”I mean sure but, why don’t you just come in and tell him yourself?” That would definitely be easier than her trying to remember everything that he said, go tell Adelard, and then come back with another message. Or maybe she could go find the leader and bring him here…

She looked back to the tiny man inquisitively, ”Unless…are you guys in a fight or something?” That would explain why he did not want to tell Adelard himself. She hoped that was not the case, she wanted to be useful, not be in the middle of a disagreement between a leader and a pack member.

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Thankfully, Marrah was perceptive rather than insistent and heeded his desire for space. She of course was confused, he could not fault her for that. Still, her guess got a rather nervous chuckle out of him, his own rampant insecurities having a field day with the insinuation. He shook it off, shaking his head no as well.

"No um, nothing like that I just. I found a friend and he's really sick, and I don't want to get any of you sick. So I gotta, keep my distance. For a while. I need you to tell Adelard that it's, it's important that I stay with my friend and that I don't come back for at least two weeks."

As much as he wanted his leader to know that this was a life or death matter, he was hesitant to be so blunt with such a young girl, especially one who to his knowledge had experienced quite a few losses already in life.
(This post was last modified: Aug 29, 2022, 03:57 AM by Leviticus.)
Inactive No Rank
Marrah Macieo-Tainn

The child blinked as Levi began to chuckle, he seemed nervous which made her own anxiety begin to intensify. If an adult was acting nervous like this it was probably not a good sign. She wished that Adelard had come to answer this call himself, but she was resolved in her decision to be useful, so she steeled herself for whatever terrible news she was about to have to pass along.

Marrah listened very carefully to what Levi was saying, but her mouth popped open in surprise at the end of his sentence. Before she could stop herself she blurt out, Two weeks!? That was a really long time for him to be out of the territory taking care of someone. She did not even know that a wolf could get sick for that long.

Chewing on her cheek again for a second she continued, ”If it’s going to be that long, your friend is really sick isn’t he?” There was no other explanation. Suddenly realizing exactly what Levi was saying, Marrah took another step back with caution, she didn’t want to get sick like that. Her frown deepened, ”What about you? What if you get really sick?” What would they do without Levi?

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Her initial reaction wasn't any more encouraging, and Leviticus' ears leaned back against his crown as though being smaller would make him less offensive. On her own she pieced things together, and he hoped that meant she would be able to understand. After all, wouldn't they want him to do the same for any one of them? That @Wrynn didn't live here with them didn't make him any less deserving of care.

What if you get really sick?

Then it was already too late, his thoughts promptly answered. He bit his tongue to keep them from escaping his skull, before responding with something more tempered.

"Then I'll know what to do to get better," Levi told her, trying to appear optimistic incase it would help her worry less. The pack was already so dour, they didn't need him adding on like this. Despite being sure in his choice, he still felt guilty.

"It's gonna be alright. I just need Adelard to understand, okay? I'll come back home as soon as I can."
Inactive No Rank
Marrah Macieo-Tainn

Levi seemed confident that he would know what to do if he got sick, but his earlier anxiety could not be forgotten. Marrah continued to chew on her cheek as she observed the small man in front of her, wishing that she had never come here at all and just let the adults handle it. But, she had to do the right thing now and listen to the healer's plea.

Nodding in a serious manner she assured him, ”I’ll tell him, and I will try to make sure he understands.” Marrah was still too young to fully understand pack politics, but thought to herself that she wasn’t sure this would be an easy sell. Turning away the child took a few steps before pausing and looking over her shoulder. Concern was clear in the amber eyes as she called back, ”But stay healthy Levi, then you can come home and tell him yourself.” That would be the best of a bad scenario. She disappeared into the foliage to do as she was told.

EXIT/FADE