(See All?) Announcements
576 Users Online
Google, Bing

Let it snow, Let it...uh oh — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Random Event: Siyet, while walking beneath the trees, the branches shift and you're buried by the snow that falls.

Siyet was walking around the forest, enjoying the cold, clean air. She wasn't walking anywhere in particular, just looking around and taking in all the scents, sights, and sounds, of the different things in the Cove.

She paused a moment the stretch, her shoulder hadn't been bothering her hardly at all lately. She was thankful for this, as her injury was definitely causing problems in day to day tasks such as walking, drinking, and even defending the Cove from a Lynx.

She finished stretching before she felt some snow brush by her nose. She didn't notice it snowing earlier, how odd.

She looked up just in time to be met with a giant ball of cold, white snow fell on top of her. Likely from the tree she was by.

Buried in the cold snow, she found herself not as mobile as she hoped. She called out, hoping for someone nearby to come help.
(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2023, 03:45 AM by Chan. Edit Reason: now a Pack Activity )
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
She really knew she shouldn't be out walking around but she needed to stretch her three good legs. She'd promised she'd be carefully and she really was trying. When she could she kept her paw off the ground and when she couldn't she put as little weight on it as possible. Kateri just wished she knew when it would be okay to put more weight on it.

As she made her way through the cove she was careful to stay on the packed down paths. This was where the snow was flatter and easier to navigate. She really hoped she didn't get caught but she felt her mother would understand.

Unfortunately her plan to be as careful as she could didn't quite work out. As she was passing a certain part of the forest on one of the paths she heard someone calling out. She knew she couldn't just leave them there but she also didn't want to break her promise.

For a moment she just stood there debating. Then she threw caution to the wind and hoped for the best. She made her way through the underbrush as quickly as she could managed until the voice was louder and she thought she saw a wolf. "Let me help you," she stared as she approached.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Having been buried in the snow for a little while, unable to move had been quite disconcerting. She had hoped that her call would have reached someone by now. Lucky for her she heard the footfalls of someone nearby, and a call back to her.

She wiggled as much as she could to try and pop her head out and see who it was but there was just too much snow to move around easily

" Yes hello! Some help digging me out would be appreciated please! I'm stuck under this pile of snow her."

She hoped that who ever it was, was able bodied enough to help dig her out.

oh dear lol
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Her mother was definitely going to kill her.

Coming closer to the voice Kateri realized that what she thought was another wolf was most certainly not. As it turned out that was a big pile of snow on top of another wolf.

Well, this situation had just gotten much worse. It was good that it seemed the wolf stuck under the snow could breath alright. "I'll do my best. You alright in there? Can you breath okay?" She asked to make sure.

Kateri was sure that it had to be pretty cramped in there but she hoped the trapped wolf would be okay. Her dark paws started on the snow dragging it away from the rest of the pile. She tried not to put too much weight on her bad leg but she needed both her front paws to dig at the snow.

"I'm working as fast as I can," she tried reassuring the woman. Kateri really was trying her hardest. It wasn't going as fast as the pup would like.
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
The noise of others calling to each other drew him, a fair measure of worry passing over him as he came into view and saw a familiar white limb sticking out from a pile of snow. That could potentially not be good even after recovering her, especially given what her shoulder had already suffered.

"Si?" he called out, coming to Kateri's side and beginning to help dig. He would never blame the young girl for helping a wolf in need, but of course was now willing to take over the bulk of the work given the youth had her own injury to worry about.

"Are you hurt?"

It was coming away quickly now underneath his large, powerful paws, and his nose probed ahead, searching every revealed patch of fur for harm.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet being buried, started to panic a little bit as she heard whoever it was trying to slowly dig away. She tried hard to shift around under the snow. Then she heard a more familiar voice, as she couldn't really recognize the other, however she responded to the questions.

"No no I'm not hurt, just stuck. I can breath okay but it's putting some pressure on my ribs, making it a little harder over time. Ch...Chan? Is that you??"

As she finished saying that she felt a wet nose press against hers. She recognized the smell as Chan's. She was glad that he had been able to get to her, with the help of the other wolf, she couldn't identify at the time.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri was really trying to dig the woman out but with her injury it was making it harder. She knew that had she been fully recovered she would have plowed through the snow. She thought to call for help but she didn't want to stop when she knew how important it was to get to the woman as fast as possible.

She was relieved when her uncle Chan showed up and started helping to. They were making much better progress now that he was there.

The woman spoke from under the snow telling them that she wasn't hurt and could breath okay but it was getting harder. "We have to hurry," she told Chan, "We can't let the snow collapse further on her."
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan was glad to hear it, though that didn't mean they were necessarily out of the woods - the pain might have simply not set in yet, among other concerns. They were on it though, and he knew they would have her free in no time.

"Yes," he answered her, the tone of his voice reflecting the smile that naturally took residence upon his features. He hoped she was reassured that she would be okay, but Chan could only imagine the claustrophobia that would set in if he'd been buried alive like this... mountain and arctic wolves alike both knew well just how dangerous the snow could really be.

"We got you, Si."

Kateri spoke up too, citing her own concern. She wasn't wrong about the possibility, but Chan was confident that wouldn't happen before he could clear the rest of what was holding her down. If the snow weren't so wet, this wouldn't have been nearly as difficult. He circled around, now pulling away what remained of the drift.

"There!"
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
As Siyet lay under the snow, she could feel the weight of it slowly start to release. She could feel herself begin to be able to move little by little. She wiggled her head and other extremities and she could feel them move more freely than before. She wiggled more and more and soon her head was free and she was able to see both Chan, and the youngling Kateri. She wiggled her legs more and more as the other two continued digging.

She was finally free from the weight of the snow, and could breather normally again, except for a slight pain in her ribs.

She huffed as she gathered her breath and looked at her rescuers.

" My god, thank you both so much for saving me."

She walked over to Kateri first and rubbed her muzzle in the young ones neck.

"You we're brave little one, thank you very much. I would still be trapped if you hadn't been here."

She then walked to Chan doing the same gesture but kept herself nuzzled into him longer, so he couldn't see her tears, and said in a quieter voice so only he could hear,

"Thank you..thank you so much. I thought for sure I was a goner. I...I was so scared. I really thought.... How can I ever repay you?

She pulled away from nuzzling him and looked him in the eye, waiting for his reply.
(This post was last modified: Feb 09, 2022, 08:13 PM by Siyet.)
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri was digging as hard as she could and was starting to feel tired. She could also feel the strain on her injured leg. She didn't stop though not until the woman, Chan called Si, was out and safe. Chan was moving more snow with his paws than she was but that didn't discourage her whatever it took. With them both working together it went so much faster than Kateri would have been able to do by herself.

Slowly tufts of white fur started appearing through the holes they were creating. She'd voice a concern about the snow caving in further on the woman but Chan kept digging so she figure they might be moving the snow too fast for that to happen.

Then finally a white head appeared followed by her whole body. Kateri stepped back to give her room. She held her paw up off the ground to take the pressure off. Si was finally free and Kateri felt a real sense of accomplishment. That was further solidified as she was thanking them.she was surprised when Si rubbed her muzzle in the dark fur of her neck. "I'm glad we could get you out of there," she stated.

Kateri was quiet as Si gave her thanks to Chan and when she stepped back kateri limped over to Chan and touched his shoulder either her nose, she had something really important to ask.