(See All?) Announcements
402 Users Online
Isla, Bing, Google

arrowhead — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Greyer who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sawyer Argyris Archer
February 9th; Evening; Broken Clouds; 39.15 ° F, 3.972 ° C.

Sawyer had been holed up on the other side of the summit for way too long. The wolf-sized thicket he had been using for the past two months was starting to get too comfortable. Familiar. Cozy. He had even made a nice and proper "place" for the goodies he was planning to carry back for Adelard and his kin. Unacceptable. He could feel his limbs starting to itch. The lean rabbit he had caught for his sister was also starting to reach a chewy, jerky state. He had to go.

While the cloud cover overhead couldn't promise that it would behave, he took the stillness as a good sign. No wind, no snow, no rain... at least, not yet. The journey to Dead Empress Backwater wouldn't be too bad since he had already made it halfway there.

He rounded up his loot to the best of his ability. A small white rabbit pelt with the hind limbs still attached made for a decent bindle. It kept four splintered elk bones wrapped together in a presentable little package.

The surplus of gifts that he had acquired on his own would have to wait. Some of it would be for the Chasm wolves. This was still only the first round of the trade circuit he was establishing. He had yet to make return visits. A pointy antler, a couple of elk bones, and the limp body of a dead garter snake offered little to other creatures. If Sawyer was lucky, they would be there when he came back to rest in-between Sanguine Cove and the Backwater.

With a bit of clumsiness, he clasped his molars around the dead rabbit. Then, with a sweep of his head, he pinched the rabbit pelt together in his canines. The trip would be cumbersome but he would make it. He had to.

At the borders of Dead Empress Backwater, he set his gifts down. His voice came up into the chilled evening air. A summoning that was playful and coyote-like in nature but unmistakably lupine. Sawyer had "come home" and, though he wanted to drop and dash, he stayed. He had to make sure his sister received her winter rabbit.
Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Medic
Oleander Valle
Oleander was stubborn. When some of his siblings had gone off on some grand adventure to the neighboring pack, he opted to stay home. He had taken it upon himself to help Mama and tend to the medicinal den. Today, he had spent much of the afternoon in the river shallows. Here and there, he shoved snow into the stream and uprooted all the dead plant life he could find. His search for wild ginger was futile though, he did not yet have enough knowledge on how and where to dig for them.

Dark brown and muddied all the way up to this underside, the boy stopped, startled by the beckoning cry. One white ear swiveled back on the side of caution, waiting for an adult to come running. He was much too curious, though, and with already being much larger than his mother, he figured he could at least spy.

He lowered his head and began to creep along the frost-covered ground. Only when he caught a glimpse of sunset red fur did he stop. His heart thumped in his chest, pulsing blood roaring in his ears. He settled down against a dark-trunked tree, watching and waiting...
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
It was a quiet evening for the Valle woman. She had spent most of her day resting her paws. They still had some healing to do so she was trying to not over work them. Thankfully rhe pain had subsided for the most part but she still had a few sores that hadn't quite healed up. She was still angry with herself for letting herself get so caught up she ended up in the situation that she had. The past few days she'd been trying to keep to herself.

That had been the plan at least until there was a call from the border. That was interesting since they didn't usually get calls so late in the day. The Valle woman got to her feet and made her way toward the border. It took her a little longer than it usually would have but she did eventually make it.

She was greeted with the sight of a reddish male. It also seed he'd brought some gifts. She wondered who they were for since she didn't recognize the wolf. Perhaps he wanted to join and these were his offerings. Either way she needed to find out who this man was and what he wanted. "Hello, I'm Sharlee Valle. Advisor of Dead Empress Backwater. How can I help you?"
Inactive No Rank
Sawyer Argyris Archer
Sawyer was unaware that despite the silence around him, he was being watched. A smug grin settled on his face, knowing full well by now that Relic Lore was benefitting from his deeds. With cubs on the way in the forthcoming spring, pack mothers in need could depend on him. After this, heading back to Fools' Gold Chasm couldn't be that long. The three packs could rely on him for things they could not otherwise get on their own. Mountain herbs, eastern treasures, and gifts of the west from both forest and stream.

Out of nowhere, he sat with a thump on the ground, awkwardly lifting his scrawny fox-hued limb to scratch at an ear. He had just finished taking care of the itch when a Backwater wolf appeared. It was clear before he even saw her that her presence was neither Vanadis' nor Viorel's.

Bright gold eyes scrutinized her as she spoke her introductions. Advisor, eh? He couldn't help but smile at her. Only enough to appear friendly, not flirtatious. Charm without the teasing. "Hello," he repeated as he straightened himself, standing again on all four paws. His tail swept low about his heels, "Sawyer Archer. I was out on business on behalf of the pack."

He cleared his throat as if that would have given him some decorum, "I'm Vanadis' brother." Deep down he hoped that would give him some pull. He hadn't had the chance to gauge just how Dead Empress Backwater wolves operated as a pack. "Nice to meet you." Another smarmy little grin. "Related to Viorel, I presume?"
you musn't be afraid
to dream a little bigger, darling

⟡ ⟡ ⟡
Oleander Valle
The grown cub's face wrinkled as he withheld every scoff and snort. The moment his mind registered what exactly lay at the man's feet, he fixated on it. He couldn't leave. He had to have it. He wanted to show it to Mama and prove to her how useful he was.

"Hello," Auntie Sharlee was on the scene before Oleander even realized it. "I'm Sharlee Valle. Advisor of Dead Empress Backwater. How can I help you?"

"Hello," the stranger echoed back. "Sawyer Archer. I was out on business on behalf of the pack."

Oleander's whiskers twitched and he dared to creep a little closer. With mud all over him, he assumed he was in perfect camouflage. Though, in all reality, chances of him being truly invisible were slim to none. Gangly limbs and an impressive winter coat had rendered him into quite a specimen.

The utterance of Mama Vanadis' name rattled his ears. He was scowling now. Who cared who he was? Oleander wanted those bones. Now.
OLEANDER VALLE
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
It seemed more often lately the backwater had gotten visitors. This was a good chance for the pups to meet new wolves but also for her. She did like meeting others that could be out beyond their borders. It would have been nice if some of the pups were still in the territory but most had all gone. The only one that she knew of to be left was Oleander, she wondered where he might be.

She couldn't get to preoccupied with that just then since she had a visitor to greet. She made her introduction in a formal but friendly way though she remained cautious since she didn't know him. Sharlee knee she would remember a wolf that had the color of fur that he did. It gave him a certain… it was probably best to stay on the task at hand.

He introduced himself as Sawyer and explained that he had been on pack business. At this she gave him an inquisitive look. "Mind if I ask what kind of business that is, Sawyer?" She was curious since she hadn't heard of them having an outside wolf do anything for them. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed movement of something dark. She turned herbhead to get a better look and found out where Oleander was. "So you,ve been hiding and playing in the mud I see. Your mothers going to be none to happy about that. Sawyer, I'd like you to meet Oleander," she offered turning back to the man.

He also explained that he was Vanadis's brother, "It's a shame we haven't met before," she commented, "But I suppose now is better than never." Sharlee had always liked Vanadis from the beginning. She was a nice girl and good for Vi even if things had been a little strained last spring. "I am pleased to meet you as well. Then she laughed a little, "Valle pretty much gives it away doesn't it. I'm his cousin." This one picked things up quick. She looked down at his paws to see what he had there, "Are those for Vanadis?" She asked curiously.
Inactive No Rank
Sawyer Argyris Archer
"Mind if I ask what kind of business that is, Sawyer?" she inquired.

A kind bow of his head, "Just laying low and keeping my ears and eyes open for the family beyond pack borders." Another small smile. "Nothing suspicious yet. Everything is safe and sound."

Before he could get to relaying what exactly he had found out, Sharlee's attention shifted. Sawyer's own eyes followed her gaze. He blinked as if something had gotten into his eyes. How'd he miss the [not-so-]little spy? Huh.

"So you,ve been hiding and playing in the mud I see," she called the youth out. "Your mothers going to be none to happy about that. Sawyer, I'd like you to meet Oleander."

The bewildered expression fell from his face as Sharlee addressed the boy. Curiosity quickly replaced it. Was this one of his nephews?

"Hi there," had he been human, he would have given a small wave of his knobby fingers.

"Valle pretty much gives it away doesn't it," she replied, "I'm his cousin." Aha. Sawyer put her face and name to memory. Perhaps she could be someone to come to when his sister and her beau were busy. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Are those for Vanadis?"

Sawyer had almost forgotten about the rabbit, half-rabbit, and the four elk bones. "Oh!" he gave a start, craning downward to nose everything in her direction. "Yes. Well, the rabbit is, the rest is for anyone who is in need of or wants them." A chuckle caught in his throat, one of his annoying characteristic tics. As a crowd-pleaser, he couldn't help it. "Hopefully when I come back this way I'll have something more."
you musn't be afraid

⟡ ⟡ ⟡
Oleander Valle
Oleander had thought to prowl forward even more. But, before he had time to debate, Aunt Sharlee's voice went over his head, "So you,ve been hiding and playing in the mud I see."

His breath caught in his chest. Rats.

Wrinkles formed a grimace along the bridge of his muzzle and he looked at his aunt with a sheepish simper. Behind him, his tail tip wriggled but it stopped as she introduced the man. "Sawyer, I'd like you to meet Oleander."

Erff, it was the only sound the boy could make in response. Aunt Sharlee had given his name and Oleander had already learned Sawyer's name. He didn't have much to say beyond that.

The adults seemed to continue their conversation. The younger Valle took the opportunity to give his shoulders a small shake and skulk over to his aunt's side. If he had grown any more, he could have - though just barely - dwarfed her. He simply sat, unable to seek refuge in her plush winter coat like a mousy child.

"Are those for Vanadis?" she then asked, returning the boy's attention to the loot between them.

"Oh!" Sawyer seemed to have overlooked the whole reason why he was here. Oleander fought the urge to scowl. "Yes. Well, the rabbit is, the rest is for anyone who is in need of or wants them."

Imploring daffodil eyes sought his aunt's orange irises as he let out a low, needful whine. Auntie, he wordlessly relayed, waaant...
OLEANDER VALLE
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Having not been told of a wolf on pack business she couldn't help the curiosity that struck her. So instead of wondering she just came out and asked and he answered. She smiled when he spoke of everything being safe and sound. "I'm glad to hear it. It's very kind of you to look out for us in such a way." Surely there were plenty of other things he might want to do but then again Vana was there. "Do you need to speak with Vi?"

Sharlee smiled at her nephew once she'd caught sight of him. She had noticed the mud that was starting to dry on his coat. She might have to take him to clean up before he gets in trouble with Clover. She certainly didn't want that for him.

Currently they had a visitor an Oleander needed to show his own hospitality to the man who was greeting the pup. Sharlee looked over at her nephew with an expression that spoke of him needing to greet the man in return. It was the polite thing to do after all.

He was quick to put two and two together asking if she was Vi's cousin. So she joked about her last name but at least she knew that he knew about Vi. She smiled at Sawyer once more as he spoke of it being a pleasure to meet her, "You as well," she expressed. For many reasons it was nice to meet him which.

She seemed to have brought everyone's attention back to the gifts that lay at the man's paws. He explained who each of them were for. A whine from next to her brought her attention back to Oleander who at that point had come to sit next to her. She brushed his cheek affectionately, "Only one," she told him, "You've got to save the rest for your brother's and sister's when they return." She looked back to the man, "Would you like to deliver your present for Vana yourself?"
Inactive No Rank
Sawyer Argyris Archer
The youth unleashed an eager whine. Sawyer had no problem keeping his attention on Sharlee as she addressed the boy. When she returned to him, he gave the kindest of smiles and the most amicable of tail wags.

To the idea of speaking with Viorel, the vulpine man shook his head. He told the Leader that he would keep out of his and Vanadis' fur. Requesting a meeting could only mean something was up or out of the ordinary. Things were as fine and dandy as they come.

"Oh, I would love to," he replied to the idea of taking the rabbit to Vanadis, "but I am expected elsewhere." Another clearing of his throat. This time to cover up the awkwardness that was edging on his nerves. Sharlee was pretty and sweet and accomodating, but now was not the time for fawning or wooing. "Perhaps next time. I'm sure she's busy."

His gaze fell to the forest floor before inching up her dark tawny limbs and finding her masked face again. As was customary, he took a slow step backward. He had already nosed them in the Valles' direction and there was nothing left to do except ask... "Is there anything I can bring back for you?"
you musn't be afraid

⟡ ⟡ ⟡