(See All?) Announcements
527 Users Online
Google, Bing

a silent monarch on the wall — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Backdated to 2/11. Heads up Sanguine Cove, Eros and @Seri are trying to find ya!
@Aleister @Nash @Siyet @Jethro @Oksana @Flair @Moonshadow @Stella

Climbing the mountain's steep face had been a lot more difficult than Eros had anticipated. Physically taxed more than he'd ever been in his life, even the hours of rest they'd taken had not revitalized his young frame. Once excited eyes now seemed dull in comparison to the day before, though he did his best to keep up with his friend. Why was it that Seri could move so much more effortlessly? Was it being an adventurer, would Eros get used to this?

The forest below seemed endless, and he couldn't spy a lake - just shrouding fog obscuring the full view. Still, they'd pressed on, because the pack had to be here somewhere, right?

"Do ya think we're almost there?" he asked his companion at last, trying his best not to sound whiny. It was much colder up here, and he'd yet to pick up any sign of other wolves.
(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2022, 10:24 PM by Chan.)
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
It had been a rather disappointing morning for the Baranski woman. She'd gone out on a hunt only to lose her prey right before she would have had it. Sometimes she really hated the winter with all of its snow. It gave prey more places to hide and there were deeper parts that a wolf could fall into. That was what happened to her. She didn't trip or her leg give out. No, it was a hole in the snow that she'd sunk into. The rabbit had been lite enough to cross it but her, she was much to heavy.

So it was she found herself on her way back to the cove angry about her catch amd empty pawed. Also she was still covered in snow. The day was not shaping up to be a good one that was for sure.

She wasn't too far from home when she spotted them. Two wolves, and as she grew closer she realized that they were just pups. Nearly a year of course but still pups. "Hey boys," she called out to them hoping it might stop them.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

The trek back up the mountain hadn’t been as intensive as he remembered… but maybe that was because he was older and a little stronger now. “I think so… Aleister said he was near here.” He confirmed. While he had never been to the territory before, he had been to the mountain… he wondered if his mom was going to be mad at him for visiting Aleister, but he wanted some kind of answers and clearly his mom wasn’t going to give them to him.

He loved her, but he wanted to know all of who he was… not just half. Now that he knew what a dad actually was, he needed to know where he came from. It wasn’t long before they came face to face with a stranger, though she smelled vaguely like the man from the mountain. “Hi!” He greeted with a soft smile, taking point for the moment. “Do you happen to know where Linguini Cove is? We’re looking for it.” He probably should have paid more attention to the pack’s name… but it sounded… vaguely right? Right?

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

The Vuesain was just outside the borders, double checking to make sure there weren't any signs of the pesky felines that have been dealing with all winter. They especially didn't need to deal with them now that they were housing pups from both the Backwater and the Chasm who were of his blood. Aleister was making a clear sign for any predator that him and his pack were around to help deter any more funny business from the feline spectrum. 

As he was heading towards the Cove, Sana's scent drifted his way, so the agouti male began to follow to make sure she was getting home okay. Though as he was approaching, he could hear an exchange happening, but couldn't quite see how she was talking to through the forest. Approaching quietly, his mismatched gaze peered through the trees as he began to make out the forms of the younger males. Once he was finally close enough, Aleister realized just who was at his doorstep and this time was looking for him. The notion left him speechless as he gawked at the boy, his gaze showing the surprise that he was actually seeing the boy again.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Eros Valle
What if they didn't find them? Eros couldn't help but start to feel the burden of several concerns, though he voiced none of them, not yet. This wasn't just his first adventure, this was something very important to Seri. If this Aleister really did have answers, his friend absolutely deserved to hear them. Tight lipped, he nodded and tried to muster a bit more pep in his step. Thankfully, he didn't need to continue faking it for long.

Another wolf appeared, a black smudge slipping through the trees ahead. They called out, and Eros' ears shot up while his tail immediately began to wag. They did it! She had to be part of the mountain pack, right?! He would've spoken up, but was barely able to suck in enough air to keep moving much less talk. It was a rare instance, but for that moment he was happy to stay quiet and let someone else do all the speaking. He only piped up once, leaning over to whisper "Sanguine Cove," into Seri's ear when the other wolf misspoke the name.

Another wolf had appeared too, but Eros didn't know this was the Aleister - so he just shot him a breathless grin before focusing his gaze back on the woman, awaiting her answer.
(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2022, 06:14 AM by Eros.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Well the snow was starting to melt leaving her dark coat damp. She hoped it dried quickly especially after she spotted the two boys. Obviously she was curious about what they were doing there. She went to meet them in case they were in need of some help that she might be able to offer. After greeting them one of them spoke asking about Linguini Cove. At first Oksana was a little confused by what he meant, only a little though.

The sound of approaching paws caused Oksana to turn her head to look behind her. There she found her husband standing there. The look on his face was a little odd. She only pondered that a moment before hearing the whisper of the other boy.

"We aren't far from Sanguine Cove. I'm Oksana and this," she said moving back to Aleister's shoulder and giving him a good bump that she hoped would knock some sense back into him. "Is the Coves leader Aleister."

She'd never seen him freeze up like that before. Her gaze moved between the boys and her husband.
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

His friend leaned over to whisper in his ear and he cleared his throat and corrected himself. “Ah, I meant Sanguine Cove… sorry.” That was embarrassing! He was relieved that she seemed to know of the place. Oksana. He nodded and dipped his head in greeting before the man he was pretty sure was his dad appeared as well, his eyes widening as he gave his friend a nudge and motioned towards the man as if to show this is the man I was talking about..

Aleister… he felt his paws freeze up for a second before Seri cleared his throat. “So… I don’t really know what my mom’s problem is…” He admitted as his head tilted to the side. “But I’m pretty sure you’re my dad… I dunno why she seemed so mad about it though.” He had come to those terms because of how oddly his mother had reacted. If Aleister hadn’t been the father she could have simply said no, you’re not so surely that meant that he was, because she got really defensive.

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

The world around him seemed to fade away and focus solely on the tawny boy that Aleister had come to terms was his son given how defensive his mother had become over the subject. Though he was used to being a father now to four other children, the fact that he had a fifth that he did not know about for so long was still shocking and the first time he came to meet the boy, he assumed he would never get to see his face again. But now Seri was here, seeking him out.

Aleister stood frozen until the moment his Sana nudged his shoulder, prompting his mismatched gaze to turn to meet hers for a moment to try to ground himself. Then Seri was talking, pulling his gaze from his wife as he spoke. When the boy uttered the words 'I'm pretty sure you're my dad', Aleister wasn't sure what to do other than stare at the boy. Finally, the Vuesain cleared the lump that had formed in his throat before he spoke. "Are you are mad about it?" He asked cautiously, his head lowering as he peered at the boy. "That I'm your dad?"

(This post was last modified: Mar 12, 2022, 03:02 AM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Eros Valle
Eros felt Seri's touch, and his gaze jumped to the male stranger once more in time for Oksana to introduce not just herself, but Aleister. His grin nearly split his dial in half, it grew so large. How perfect! Exactly the wolf they were looking for! Now they could all head to wherever the Cove's den was, get some food, and his friend and Aleister could privately discuss- oh.

They both cut right to the chase, leaving the young Valle to merely stare between them both, trying to be as forgettable a presence as possible so as not to encroach on the moment. Since he was a spectator, he couldn't help but form hopes after each sentence, all in his friend's favor. Though, he wasn't entirely sure what exactly Seri wanted. Was he mad about any of it?
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
She would have to be blind to not notice the way her husband looked or rather stared at the tawny boy. Knowing her husband like she did she knew there had to be something special about him. Thankfully the bump she gave him seemed to snap him out of the daze he seemed to be in. His gaze met hers and she smiled at him and gave him a small nod. He could do this just like he'd done everything else. She was glad she'd happend upon the boys first so she could be there and help Aleister through this.

It was especially evident how hard this might be on him when the boy spoke. Immediately she knew it was Seri her husband's fifth child. Ask the boy spoke Oksana pressed her side against her husband's, a silent reminder that she was there for him. The question that he'd asked Seri left her hoping that the answer would be what Aleister wanted to hear.