(See All?) Announcements
381 Users Online
Oleander, Bing, Apollo, Google

these small moments — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 492 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Backdated to 2/9, Eros has brought his friend @Seri into the pack's territory to meet his family (aka everyone)!
@Viorel @Clover @Vanadis @Vasco @Sharlee @Rochus @Oleander (other pups not tagged since they in SC)

Eros was positively over the moon as he lead his friend into the thick of the pack's stomping grounds, to the communal den he shared with his family. He was abuzz with energy and mirth, excited to show off his awesome home and his fun family to the worldly youth. If he had a good time, he'd want to keep coming back, after all.

"- and this is where I pinned @Archer for the first time," he bragged, waving his paw at a particular patch of the tamped down snow and earth where the pack most often trod. He'd had to fully sit on his brother to manage the feat, but it had been done!

"We're here!" was the only other announcement before he tipped back his head, howling for his pack to come meet his mud brother.

"They're gonna love ya."
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
A relaxing day in the sun was what she was looking for. Her paws were still on the mend which left her with no choice but to rest as much as possible. She needed to be able to get back out there, help her family. Mostly she really wanted to meet some new wolves. Those things weren't going to happen. If she pushed herself, she knew that but that didn't stop the pull she felt to be out there doing much more than sitting at home.

She didn't get her quiet time in the sun because just as she laid her head down on the rock her nephew called. Well that was curious especially when he didn't have that Oh crap I'm in trouble note to it. No, it seemed more of an excited note. Well, she just had to find out what was going on.

She made her way toward the call. It was a little slower going than it was before but she eventually made it. She found her nephew and another pup. Oh boy, she couldn't help but wonder how Vi and Vayko were going to handle Eros bringing a stranger into the territory. "Who's your friend Eros?" She asked as she moved closer.
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

Seri’s tail was wagging as his friend started to show him through the territory, a wide-eyed wonder on his features. “This is my first time ever being in a pack territory.” He admitted as he looked around. He had to admit, it was nice, and it felt so safe… but he still didn’t think it was for him. He still liked going out on his own too much.

They were here! He was a little nervous, making him quiet, but eagerly waiting. The question came and he offered a shy smile. “I’m Seri… Seri Donata.” He introduced himself. “Eros is my mud brother.” He added because he assumed that it might carry some weight. Who was she was something he couldn’t help but wonder, but he refrained from further questioning.

Instead… well, instead he assumed that Eros would introduce her and that she was family in some way because he lived with his family.

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Ghost who has 613 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

The father had no particularly hurried when he had heard his son’s call since his tone had lacked the sense of emergency. He thought it was going to be a request to go out exploring for a day or two, or show Viorel something he had found. When yellow eyes came across the sights of a stranger within their territory and caught the words mud brother he snorted in annoyance.

As he walked into the impromptu meeting he shot Eros a glance that displayed his emotions, but tried to wipe it away when looking onto his companion. ”Interesting, I have never heard of a mud brother before, I had no idea that such a thing existed, or that they were allowed to ignore territory borders.” Okay, so pretending he wasn’t annoyed wasn’t going so well.

Looking to his advisor he sighed and bit his tongue, he would let Eros explain why he had brought this stranger in without waiting at the markers. Then he would decide how much trouble his son had gotten himself into. Viorel considered sitting to display a sense of more casual acceptance but refrained, instead the salt and pepper tail twitched behind him a couple of times before falling flat. Maybe having his children up on the mountain put him further on edge than he thought.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Eros Valle
The first to arrive was his Aunt Shar, and his features pinched with concern as her gait was noticeably affected. He met her part of the way, giving her a fond nudge to her cheek. He would've asked how her paws were, but she spoke her own query first. His sunny smile returned, and he would have gladly introduced the boy himself if Seri had been too nervous to do so himself. Eros beamed at his friend as he proclaimed their special title.

It fell away with his father's scoff. He hadn't expected the disapproval, but his first instinct was to protect Seri from it. Without much thought put into the action, Eros moved to stand between his friend and his dad. Tension vibrated within his chest. He'd messed up, that was clear, and he had no idea how many strikes were allowed. If family only got one, he could only fearfully imagine how swift Viorel would be to send his first friend away from him too.

"I told you about him," he tried to speak firmly without sounding as though he were challenging his father, and given he didn't have much practice tempering his tone, he wasn't sure if he was succeeding or not.

"Seri's my guest, and I let him in."
(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2022, 06:33 AM by Eros.)
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee knew this was bad, very bad for Eros. He should know better by now that he can't bring strangers into pack territory. Still he wasn't her son so it wasn't her place to say anything. She smiled at the boys her gaze going to the boy she didn't know as he introduced himself. "Its nice to meet you Seri. You'll have to forgive me but what's a mud brother? You know us girls we don't know anything about mud." She was curious about mud brothers but she was joking about the last part.

Unfortunately she wasn't sure she would find out cause Vi appeared. She could see that he wasn't very happy with the situation. She remained quiet however to allow father and son figure this out. She offered an apologetic look to the leader when he looked at her. She did have a thought about this but right then just wasn't the time.

Like vi who seemed to be trying to play things off she waited for Eros explanation. Unfortunately it wasn't one that would help save him from what was annoyance not to full out anger.
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

Seri was excited to talk to the woman who seemingly did not know about the nature of his friendship with Eros. He’d always been a happy-go-lucky kid… something he realized he got from his father rather than his mother… and then a burly man, at least in Seri’s opinion, arrived, his eyes widening with a frown. Was he in trouble? He felt himself shrink a little. He was unaccustomed to pack ways… he knew the borders were marked, but he was with Eros, so surely it was okay? He went to apologize but Eros was speaking and his eyes widened a little further.

Why did everything feel so… tense? He decided to speak up. “I’m sorry, Mr… I thought it was okay because Eros is with me.” He admitted shyly, owning up to the mistake he made before introducing himself. “My name is Seri Donata… I’m a friend of Eros’… bestest friends… that’s why we’re called mud brothers.” He was not sure his introduction or explanation would be welcomed, but he had to try. It felt like it was his fault, like when he asked his mom about his lineage in front of Aleister on the mountains… a core memory that would forever alter his personality.

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Ghost who has 613 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

Eros stepped out in front of Viorel and the father looked over his son’s shoulders just in time to get the apologetic glance from his advisor. Being a dad was not as much fun now that everyone was getting older, going out on their own adventures, rebelling. He missed when they were small and thought that he had all the answers, not it seemed his son thought he had all the answers. He looked back to the tawny teen in front of him and raised his eyebrows.

Did Eros really think this friend he brought into the territory needed some kind of protection from his own father?

Then Seri was apologizing and all Vi could do was sigh and side step his son to look the russet pup over. Smiling indulgently he dipped his muzzle, ”No need for you to apologize Seri, you were not aware of the rules.” Eros on the other hand, he shot his son a look that screamed we will be discussing this later. ”Eros is well aware that friends need to wait at the border until a leader lets them in, even if a leader was told ahead of time.” It was slightly less tense than before, but he was still less than thrilled about the whole thing.

Suddenly something dawned on him. Looking back to Sharlee for a moment, not sure if she knew anything more than he did, he watched over the stranger pup. Sitting down he asked, ”So Seri, you’re here all alone, where are your parents?” Surely he was not out there by himself.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Eros Valle
He heard Seri speak up behind him, apologizing and trying to explain. Eros' frown deepened, hating that this was now his friend's first impression of his family. A memory burned by negative emotion, just because Dad had decided to be leader instead of father. That was the best way the boy was able to describe it for himself, given his limited understanding. The hunt, Aunt Mod, this - it was like night turned to day and his dad couldn't just trust them anymore.

It solidified itself like concrete within his mind as his father softened for Seri before ending the discussion of how he'd gotten here with an admonishment. Eros wasn't trusted to do what was best.

At least he didn't have to worry about his friend getting banished. Removing himself from his stubborn position between the two, he had to fight the urge to take off altogether, a twisted and powerful swell of variegated emotion threatening to blind him with tears. Instead, he remained externally tepid, standing off to the side. His only interjection was a hissed "Dad!" as Viorel said 'parents.' Eros was pretty certain he'd told all three of his guardians that Seri only had a mom. Why'd he have to go and point out what his friend didn't have?
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee thought it best to keep up her continued silence in this matter. Eros made it pretty clear that he didn't think he needed to obey the rules of the border. This wasn't something for her to deal with however, that was completely Viorel's responsibility. It was a minor annoyance how the boy thought he could do as he pleased. She couldn't help but wonder how long it might be before he couldn't follow the rules any longer.

Her eyes moved between the three wolves in front of her as the conversation wore on. She felt Vi might be going a little easy on Eros but it wasn't her place to say. After all it was a major breaking of the rule and others done such a thing it probably would have been a pretty bad punishment for them.

She shook her head when Vi looked at her once again with what seemed to be a questioning look. She had no idea about anything besides what was right in front of her. Her brow did raise at Eros' outburst though. Clearly Vi had said something that his son didn't like.