(See All?) Announcements
503 Users Online
Isla, Google, Bing, Magg

here's to us — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Backdated to 2/19 before the group goodbye, for @Nash and @Moonshadow only.

Chan had woken with the sun, wanting to be out and about with the pack this day. His last day as an official member of the wolves of Sanguine Cove. It felt weird, even if he'd looked forward to so many aspects of regaining his freedom. He felt pretty confident that this had been his longest stint atop the mountain, and it certainly had been the most he'd ever felt at home here, even compared to his well-nurtured childhood.

All things came to an end, however, and he knew that there was something amazing out there in the world waiting for him. There had to be.

He had gone down to the water to get a drink, then set out in search of his brother before he headed off on his patrolling. He was happy to find the younger man together with their mother, meaning this could be a proper family talk.

"Mom, Nash!" he called out to them as he approached, tail wagging behind him.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash knew what today was, and he'd had a pit in his stomach since he woke up. He stuck close to the lakeshore, not wanting to wander too far to hear the call when it was time to leave. It gave him time to spend with his mother, anyway; he knew he'd be growing busier as the year wore on, especially if he and Aquene were going to become parents. At least he knew Moon would make an excellent grandmother.

He had hoped Chan would come find him before they were meant to meet everyone else to leave, and was pleased to hear his voice call their names. He looked up and smiled, a little less forced than he would have expected it to be, given the situation. After all, the goodbye wouldn't take place on the mountain.

"Hey Chan," he greeted, tail swaying behind him.

Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Im so sorry about the wait y'all! <3

The again woman was dreading this day hoping its arrival would be slow. But to her distain it came anyways. A heaviness was in her heart as she knew she would be saying goodbye to her eldest, her miracle child. She always knew her tawny boy had a wandering spirit, something he had surely gotten from his father, or maybe someone from her side of the family that she never got to know well enough. Either way she knew he longed to be out travelling the world and knew thats where he belonged. So, she would have to put aside her selfish wants and desires and give him a good send off. The lake had always brought the ebony woman peace in troubled times, this time would be no different. Her lookalike stuck close with her and she was thankful for his presence. The sun wasnt very high in the sky when Chan's voiced called out for her and his brother. A silver dusted ear flicked back as he called to them before her speckled maw followed suit so she could lay eyes on her son. A warm smile with a touch of sadness pulled at her lips as she rose to her feet to greet the agouti man. "Good mornin' love." The Eastfall mother greeted moving to him, giving his creamy cheek and affectionate nudge.

Word Count: 226
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
They both greeted him with smiles, making it easier for Chan to maintain his. Tail wagging behind him, he pulled each of them into a separate hug before taking a seat before his family. It was weird, thinking that this was currently all of them. There should have been more, but he was still oh so thankful for what he did have.

"It's that day," he sheepishly spoke aloud what they all knew, not really sure what all to say. It didn't feel like this could be the last time, even when he knew it was a very real possibility. Life could always turn on a dime. Yet, it felt like he was just going on another scouting trip.

"... I'm gonna miss you guys."
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

There was a tension in the air, that simmering around them that reminded all of them this wasn't a normal meeting of the family, that it was for a purpose - and an unpleasant one at that. All of them wore a semblance of a smile, each a little genuine in its own way and each a little forced in another.

Nash returned his brother's embrace, pressing against him a little harder than he usually might, before stepping back. There was a beat of silence before Chan broke the silence.

"It's that day."

The guardian nodded solemnly, his smile slowly fading. How did conversations like this usually go? At least Chan wasn't going to disappear like the others had. At least he was saying goodbye. Nash didn't know how he would handle it if his brother simply vanished. He would look for him, of course, but what if he found him, only to be told he'd left on purpose? What if-

But none of those things were happening. There was no point in dwelling on them.

"I'm going to miss you too," he finally said. "You'll be as safe as you can, yeah?"

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Like her youngest son, Moon returned Chan's hugged with more strength than usual as well as holding on a little longer. The aging mother never wanted to let go if she were being honest. She knew he had been on his own before and had survived, though he would not tell her all the details. Though despite this knowledge she would worry about him. This time held a little more weight. She was getting older and didnt know how long he would be gone for. She didnt want to face the reality that this could possibly be the last time she saw her miracle boy.

Moonshadow pushed the worries and thoughts away as she released him, mirroring his actions. A few moments of silence passed before Chan put words to what they all already knew. "it's that day." The Eastfall matriarch gave a solemn nod of her head in sad agreeance as her silver dusted ears fell back against her skull. Mercury orbs looked into familiar two-toned counterparts with a sad smile. Her gazed shifted from her eldest to youngest as Nash replied that he would miss his brother too and asked that he would be as careful as he could. Moon agreed with his question and felt it would be best to not repeat the question. Instead, she opted for observation looking back to the tawny man, already knowing his answer but yearning for it anyhow. She desperately didnt want to let go, but knew she had to.

Word Count: 249
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Safe as he can. Chan appreciated his sibling's phrasing, and his smile widened as he assured them both.

"Of course. You know me, I lead a pretty mild life, wanderin' paws n' all."

His tone held the lilt of a joke, though the words were fairly true. Chan only put himself in danger if he believed it would help someone who was already threatened. He got on well enough with most wolves, and didn't mind taking his leave when he didn't. His demeanor and ability to let go had fared him well so far, and hopefully that would continue.

"I've no idea how far the ocean is, but at the latest I'll be back by the turn of fall."

That was the plan, at least. Chan of course could not foresee the drought, nor his agreement with Flair and the horrific way it would end.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash appreciated the promise, and the levity with it. He was going to miss his brother so very much. He snorted and looked away, only to turn wide, confused eyes back. "The ocean?" he asked, mind racing to recall if Chan had mentioned that goal before. "What do you want to go to the ocean for?" And how could he know he'd be back by fall, if he didn't know how far the ocean might be? Had Chan been before and not told him about it? He should be offended if that were the case, but Nash was just more worried than ever.

He forced himself to take a deep breath. He didn't want to create strife by freaking out again. Chan knew his struggles, and he knew what he was doing. It would be fine. Nash managed a strained smile. "You'd better be; I want to introduce you to your nieces and nephews before they get too old!" he tried his best to inject his own humor into the statement, but he knew his mother and brother would both see right through it.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

A small chuckle fell from her greying maw as her tawny boy said he led a pretty mild life. Her curiosity was peaked when he mentioned the ocean. She didnt know how far it was either, but when he said he hoped to return before fall she held onto that with everything she had. Nash spoke before she could. Mercury orbs looked to him, clearly seeing the worry and confusion from his tine on his face. She closed the gap between them giving him a reassuring nudge to his cheek. She hoped this would pull him from his worry and reground him in the moment. She didnt know if it was her touch or his own attempt to reground himself with a deep breath that ultimately help but her inky son tried to add his own humor to the mix. She chuckled at his desire to introduce his children to their uncle before they were too old. She didnt understand the exact reasoning behind it other than to bring his brother home sooner, but that didn't matter. What mattered was that Chan said his plan was to return by fall so thats what she'd look forwards to. She would see her baby again.

Word Count: 203
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's smile turned sheepish at Nash's response, and chose not to dwell on its many implications.

"Why wouldn't I?" he responded softly, "It's gonna be unlike anything I've ever seen before."

It would be breathtaking and awestriking, and likely the last wonder he would get to see. The world offered much more, he knew that, but to seek out any more than what he'd managed already would mean saying a more permanent goodbye to his family. They alone kept him tethered from wandering as far as his paws could take him.

"I can't wait to meet them. ... I love you both, very much."