461 Users Online
Nadine, Google, Bing, Apollo, Adelard

A night like another — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
All welcome but preferably @Jethro

Tonight was a night like another that Siyet had seen. It had been a while since there was another Aurora Borealis. The last time there was one Siyet's life seemed to had started changing. There had been a lot of things that had happened in the last few months. Siyet laid down and looked at the sky. She took in the bright green colors and let he body feel with a feeling of warmth.

Siyet was happy where she was. She had met a lot of new people and had traveled quite a distance from the place she once called home. She wondered how the others were doing, Nash, Oksana, and the others. She hoped that she would get to see them soon. She looked out at the horizon following the streaks of light, wondering what adventures lay ahead.
Played by Molo who has 450 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
To see it again, here, of all places, was not something he’d expected. But as sure as the sun would rise tomorrow, there was yet another aurora dancing overhead, not entirely blocked out by the forest canopy overhead. The silent spectacle illuminated an otherwise dark sky, captivating Jet now just as much as it had the first time he’d seen it.

And with that, thoughts came to mind. Memories of conversations that, now, seemed like they’d taken place ages ago. But it had actually only been.. more or less, one year. Perhaps it was this, along with the realization that he really had not been spending a lot of time with her since the previous conversation, that prompted Jet to seek out the other once more.

Siyet was never too far, almost always there, and not too hard to find. But he didn’t want to take that for granted. Certainly, he didn’t want her to think that he did. Except for a soft woof to announce his presence, the dark one wordlessly approached and settled beside the other, gently resting his shoulder against one of hers. And surprisingly, to someone that usually went out of his way to avoid physical contact and other such things, this and the warmth, were nice.
(This post was last modified: Dec 04, 2022, 06:16 AM by Jethro.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet, watching this aurora, thought back to the time when she first shared this experience with Jethro, she wished that he was here to enjoy it with her once again. To her surprise her wished was granted. The soft sound of his woof slightly startled her and she looked over to see him making his was over to her. Her face went hot and flushed and she could feel a swell in her chest.

She was glad that he had showed up, almost as if he just knew this was the right moment to show up. She never ceased to be amazing by him, first an aloof and mysterious man, to someone who talked about change and starting new beginnings. As he sat himself down, touching her shoulder to shoulder, she she rested her head on his shoulder.

"It's still beautiful isn't it? It never disappoints to see such an amazing sight. A sight like this is definitely better in the company of others don't you think?"

With this she looked at his face out of the corner of her eye with a slight smile, cherishing this moment together with him.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
Once he’d settled in, Jet felt a slight weight added to one of his shoulders, and without looking he realized she’d rested her head against him. To this day even, there were very few wolves that Jethro trusted to get this close to him, physically. It was nice to be able to recline in the company of one of them. With all of the work they’d done and yet to do, all of the worries and concerns about droughts and now the winter.. well.

That made a moment like this feel all the more special.

”Sure doesn’t disappoint. It’s.. pretty and mystifying,” the dark one agreed to the first question with a nod, keeping his gaze focused on the dancing lights. The second question prompted first the twitching of one ear, and then a short glance toward Siyet.

”I dunno, though. Suppose.. whether it’s better shared or alone, depends on the individual wolf,” Jet mused. He wouldn’t pretend he could answer that question for anyone else, for not too long ago, his answer would've been different than it was now. ”For me, though.. yah. I’d prefer to share pretty things with others so they can enjoy ‘em too.”
(This post was last modified: Dec 16, 2022, 03:57 PM by Jethro.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
As siyet continued to be against Jethro, she couldn't help but slightly chuckle at his words. He definitely had a very particular way with words that left things a little ambiguous. She was glad that he at least was enjoying her company though.

"Speaking of beautiful things, they way that you have been able to bring our new friends together, and find a place to stay is another beautiful thing. Being able to feel that sense of accomplishmentmust be great for you no?"

She took her eyes off the aurora for a second and looked around the landscape, it was very clear to see with the lights dancing all around. She like this new place. It felt very cozy, and safe. She nuzzled he head against Jethro some more, hoping he wouldn't be put off by her action. After all, the relationship they shared now was still fairly new to them both.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
Si next spoke about something else she considered beautiful, though unlike the dazzling light show in the sky above, this thing was not physical. At least not in the same way. Though what she said was true, Jet found himself frowning a little as he contemplated her words, and he turned away to hide the expression.

”Ya, it is, in some ways,” he admitted. It certainly felt like a great accomplishment compared to how he’d expected his life would turn out a couple of years ago. As a yearling, he’d never anticipated having such close friends, let alone being in a position to lead a group. Nobody from his home would’ve ever expected that, either. And when he thought about it in that context, it did feel nice.

”But it’s more about everyone else. I’m happy that we can give ‘em all this. ‘Specially the kids. Bein’ able to help them learn, see ‘em grow, all of that’s reward enough for me.” The mere thought of it instilled feelings of warmth and happiness that he didn’t think even the closest touch could possibly generate. Not that it wasn’t still nice though, in addition.

”How've you been feelin' out here, though? Good I hope?” Jet questioned, supposing he ought to take this rare moment to inquire as to the wellbeing of his friend, too. Their talk didn't all need to be about him.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Jethro had seemed a little odd in his response to Siyet's question. She had hoped that whatever it was was bothering him wasn't because of something she had done. She didn't want to pry to much and potentially ruin the moment.

He had mentioned this place being for everyone, all the people they had gathered. She remembered the meeting and announcement that this place would be their new home. She remembered all the different faces and how Jethro had been a huge part of bringing all of those people together. He also mentioned the children. Now this thought was something that made her think. Now that her and Jethro and decided to more or less become official this meant that.....maybe for them kids weren't off the table.

With his last question asking about her well-being she smiled.

"I have been happy. This place has been a very comforting place and it has made me happy to be here. With all the new friends that we have made along the way. It's like we are a real pack again, like we were in Sanguine Cove."

She chuckled a little. She remembered all the others that were back at Sanguine. She hoped that they were doing all right. She hadn't had a chance really, to speak to any of them or to see how their pups had been progressing in their development....There she was again. Back on the thought of kids. She wondered if she should ask Jethro, what he would say. She closed her eyes for a moment and decided maybe asking this early would give her a clear idea as to where he stood.

"Hey Jet? So....Spring isn't too far away yes? Uhm...have you thought of....maybe....children at all? You seemed to be very fatherlike with Ryder and that made me wonder...."

She let the rest trail off. She wasn't sure what else to say. She would leave it at that and see what he had to say.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
It was just as warming and encouraging to know that Siyet was happy here, too. After all, she had left behind friends too, along with the safety and stability of an already established group to help him pursue what at that time had seemed like nothing more than a dream. A daunting task, to be sure. And it hadn’t been easy, there’d been challenges. But they were all still standing.

She was right about that. ”It does, almost. We’re very close.”

While he wouldn’t say it, Jethro felt closer to and better acquainted with this group than he had at the Cove. Most of that was his doing, though, as well as the result of his own growth over the last couple of years. If they had chosen to stay, he was sure that would’ve been different, by now. He’d been in the process of changing that, certainly.

”And we owe them a visit, too. I’d like to go see ‘em after the thaw, if possible.. maybe take Caspian and Ryder, if they wanna go,” he mused aloud, a plan he’d been quietly considering for a time now. Spring wasn’t too far off, and..

And it seemed Siyet’s thoughts were of a similar nature, and a...very specific nature at that. There was a time when this particular topic, especially as it pertained to the two of them, was something he’d have had a strong aversion to. That he’d never have even wanted to think about, let alone discuss. But now..

”Yeah, I have,” Jet confessed truthfully, fixing his gaze upon his companion, for this topic was not one to be taken lightly. Though at the next confession, he let a small smile cross his face. ”And I think we’d be good parents. I’d be honored and proud to share that with you, if it’s what you want too.”

It seemed like it, maybe? But he hoped to be absolutely certain.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Going and visiting Siyet's old friends seemed like something that Jethro definitely wanted to do. She was glad that they both agreed on paying the Cove a visit. It was a pretty instrumental part of her life. The thought of taking a couple of other people to visit them was also something that made her happy. To show others that didn't know them, the wonderful people that lived at the cove was definitely something that made her smile.

While she was smiling and thinking about the Cove, Jethro responded to her other question and it took her a little by surprise. She was not expecting Jethro to answer like he did. The idea of children was something that Siyet had kind of tossed around for a little bit but never really expected that it would happen to her. She had a big smile grow on her face, and honestly found it a little difficult to directly face him.

"Well, I asked you didn't I silly?"

She chuckled and nuzzled into him a bit more.

"Yes, I do think that I would like to have the opportunity to be a parent. With you, that sounds like a great future for us."
Lone Wolf No Rank
Jethrᴏ Kane
Siyet didn’t quite seem to want to look at him, but.. the smile that grew across her countenance was no less apparent because of it. Her words prompted him to laugh a little, in return - she had asked him first, after all, but he’d wanted to be sure the desire was mutual. And it was, it appeared. Jethro smiled back.

Until something else occurred to him, after her touch. Then the expression faltered as he realized.. or more accurately, recalled what becoming a parent would entail. And Jethro felt a feeling he hadn’t experienced in a while overtake him. Uncertainty, disgust even, to the point where it almost felt like his throat was constricting. It became harder to breathe, even, and almost unconsciously he found himself pulling away from Siyet slightly.

Something he realized he ought to explain, so he took a breath to try. ”I agree. I.. just wish we could skip the.. uh.. the whole touchy-feely thing. And the part where.. you have to be in a lotta pain and discomfort for two moons after that.” Because in spite of how much progress he had made over the last year and a half, nothing would ever make that part of the having a child process sound appealing to him.

That was just.. repulsive.

The only thing that had changed was perhaps his willingness to suffer through it. Whereas before it would’ve been a hell no, he supposed he could manage it, for the reward that would be the children, now. Especially since his discomfort would be over much more quickly in comparison to Siyet's.

In no way did he like that, either. He’d seen how much it had affected Finley, and it hurt to know he’d be the reason Siyet would have to suffer through things like that. It would be worth it, for the kids - even Finley would probably say that, but.. that didn't stop him from wishing. All of the wishes in the world wouldn’t change the way nature had decided things worked for their kind, though. So.. if Siyet really was willing to go through with two moons of discomfort, he could manage a few minutes.
(This post was last modified: Feb 01, 2023, 07:03 AM by Jethro.)