(See All?) Announcements
634 Users Online
Bing, Google

The Quinlan Clan
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
The Quinlan clan have journeyed for generations. The mountains, the sea, endless plains, even the cold distant lands of the north, the spirits have always guided them from one refuge, one destiny to the next. But one place they have always carried close to their hearts is Relic Lore, a vast wild place of spirits and legends that their forebears visited in generations past.

...Reade and his sibling have set out to find it, sparking a fresh generation of their blood in these lands.

These are loose character concepts so they're not really fit to create UFA profiles yet, but if you have a character you think might fit any of these roles then reach out to me and I'm sure we can work something out! I will likely be creating a couple of UFA wolves who are a part of this clan to start things off as well.

So alike, and yet so different

Reade's sibling and agemate, could be a brother or sister. These two set out and travelled together but became separated before reaching Relic Lore and Reade moved on without them. It's a big place and they didn't plan to be separated, how will they find each other if they ever do? They could be overjoyed at a potential reunion, or not so much, even resentful of having been left behind. I'd love if this character was similar in ways but a foil to Reade in other ways. If he's exuberant then maybe they are shy, or stoic? He's lawful good, maybe they're chaotic good, or lawful evil? Maybe they take their shared belief in spirits and fates in a totally different direction from Reade. I'd love to see some sibling synergy and some contrast at play with these two.

The Clan

Other family members, Reade had some family members of previous generations travel previously to and from the Lore, the Sea, and other places of note, so if you have a character looking for connections, let's draw a tie with the Quinlan clan. Other prominent family names within the greater pack are Stormwright, Fairwind, and others, so the last name need not be shared. Their Clan tend to have wanderlust and come and go from settlements every generation or so. Most of the family also share a belief in spirits, fates and nature magic, so feel free to have them know about the Spirit of Wildwood and similar concept from word-of-mouth. They pass down their knowledge and their travels through stories to each generation. Their alignments may be varied, but a devotion to each other and to their heritage and the spirits is a strong shared characteristic.

Reade's immediate family have spent the last generation in a mountainous river valley called Whitewater Rill. Characters around Reade's age and younger would have grown up hearing about Relic Lore and the Wildwood from elders rather than their parents, and think of the place as sort of a shangri-la, a remote beautiful imaginary place where life approaches perfection. Or at least, a fool's errand to find, but perhaps worth it. Older characters might be less skeptical from having hear first-hand accounts, and while their expectations may be more realistic they will likely still hold a worldview that involves fates, legends, spirits, and so forth.

Any given character within the family might find themselves caught up in a prophecy, or have aspirations they believe are founded in fate or destiny, so there's endless potential for fun and drama there.

If any of that sounds interesting, reach out to me and let's talk plots!