(See All?) Announcements
668 Users Online
Finley, Bing, Google, Hazelnut, Vanadis, Nori

Dismantle & repair — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Though Lífdís had done a great job in allowing Indru to escape the delirious and dangerous state of ill health she found him in, the boy could feel that he was not full health yet. His limbs occasionally felt shaky under his considerable size, especially after the long distance the pair had travelled, the furthest into the unknown portion of Relic Lore Indru had been. Indru had begun to notice the familiarity of the Cedarwood and it was comforting to know where they were now, we're back, Lífdís. Though he was unsure how important this would be to her (not being part of Relic Lore as long as he) it certainly was a relief to the male.

Peering down at his feet and then along to the left Indru frowned, shaking his head. This should be flowing, full of water. Instead it was a dry empty pool of rocks, no longer the small stop he used to use to grab a drink in the forest. He turned to peer at the white female who could not be called anything less than a good friend now she had helped him so much, the water is just gone. From everywhere around here. It was most definitely a concern especially as his own pack land's were on a river, albeit a much larger one which was more likely to survive the drought that was seemingly striking the Forest and Indru had suffered first hand from it's effects.

I have to go check on my family. Indru's fiery eyes showed his concern for them, what would they think after he had been gone for so long? That he abandoned them? If they'll let me back. Regardless of that he wanted to make sure they were safe, though he knew Ruiko would look after of them, along with Niija. Would they have moved yet? He doubted it if he knew his brother 9and he felt he did) they would be as reluctant to leave as he would be.

(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2010, 10:18 PM by Indru.)
Played by Rachel who has 27 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lífdís Eyjólfur
She had traveled beside the male in silence, her fiery eyes exploring every nook and cranny with avid admiration; not that she said such a thing out loud. Her long pale limbs strode with even stride with her new found companion, and every so often she would glance to him to see how he was faring. Dehydration was an ugly and dangerous thing, and so far Indru was recovering wonderfully. Only now and then could she see the gentle tremor in his legs, and just as she was about to suggest that perhaps they stop and find a small water source, the male’s voice broke the quiet.

Glancing up to the forest she had wandered only a few times before, the ivory she-wolf gave a half-hearted shrug, a small smirk tugging to her inked lips. So they were. The land itself meant very little to the arctic wolf, though she could tell Indru had been anxious to return. He had told her of his pack, and in turn she had decided to travel with him back to Relic Lore, only from the merit of good will. His next words however drew her attention more sharply, and it was then that her gaze followed his own, peering down to the pile of rocks. Had Indru not mentioned it, the rogue would never have guessed that before the rocks had enclosed a small pool of water. It was then that a light frown formed across her slender features, and padding a bit forward, the girl stole a glance back to the male. “Perhaps we need the rain,” she murmured without conviction, knowing full well that the days had not been so hot as to dry up the area so quickly.

Indru spoke once more, and the slender she-wolf bowed her muzzle slightly to his words. He had to return to his family. “Of course,” she replied smoothly, her shoulders rolling back in a leisurely stretch. Still, her mind was upon the sudden lack of water. She was growing rather fond of these lands, and didn’t quite relish the thought of moving on elsewhere once more. One of these days she needed to settle to a home. “And don’t be silly,” she murmured, a small smirk appearing at the corner of her lips. “They’re probably worried about you.”
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Maybe, he agreed though not entirely convinced by the idea. It had not rained much recently but this summer wasn't so dry that it would dry up all the water here among other parts of the Creek he had relied on before. This isn't the only place the water has gone though, and I don't think the summer has bene that dry. Turning to her he looked at her with small concern, perhaps the matter was more serious if it extended further into the Relic Lore he knew. Heartleaf Creek watered the whole area and it seemed unlikely on this portion had dried up. What if the water has left the whole of Relic Lore? More to the point, if it had, where had it gone and why?

Though he had not known her for long their situation had made a stronger bond than one that would of been made if they had just met in passing and her reassurance that he would not be pushed away gave him relief. He nodded to her, smiling weakly, even if they were angry his family would not push him aside after losing their parent's so recently. What will you do? Indru was reluctant to leave her, especially if the water was steadily disappearing and she did not have a pack like he did for support. Your welcome to come with me. It was not only for politeness he offered Lífdís the safety (whether temporary or permanent) a pack could give when they worked together, but perhaps she enjoyed the solitary life more than the social one as bizarre as it felt to Indru. I'm sure my pack will have talk to my uncle Honijo who owns a pack nearby if this is more serious.

Inactive No Rank
Lífdís Eyjólfur
The rogue wolf listened to his reasoning, her slender muzzle giving a nod of agreement in response. He was right; it was one thing for a small pool of water to dry up in the depths of the forest.. it was another to have the creek slowly lose its depth. “Where’s the water source from? Maybe we should go see if anything is wrong – ease our minds a bit.” She gave a small cant of her head, trailing off in the end as she realized he was probably more keen on seeking out his family to see how they were faring. He had been pretty sick the past few days, and she did not believe it to be a lie when she said they were probably worried about him.

At his quiet question at what she would do, the she-wolf gave a gentle chuckle. Lifting her ivory muzzle, the girl brushed it gently to his cheek in reassurance, her shoulders lifting in a shrug. “Perhaps one day soon,” she offered, not quite sure what she would do. Her new friendship with the tawny male was certainly inspiring her to seek a home within his pack.. but curiosity was always spurring her forward, wondering if she could find anything else. “For now I’ll do what I do best – explore. Maybe I’ll find anything that’s related to the failing water source.”
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Lífdís made a good point and Indru nodded eagerly. Yes, all the water comes from the Mountain. It was interesting to note as if all the Creek was dried up and Bramble Falls too the source definitely looked somewhat to blame for the reason as it was the main thing linking the two. Perhaps the source has been blocked somewhere? Fallen rocks.. The idea was certainly possible and hopefully fixable or who knows where it could lead, Indru would make leaving Relic Lore the last option. Maybe the mountain had formed a dam and was keeping the water tucked up. Besides, maybe we are getting ahead of ourselves, my pack is on a river, if that is still flowing I don't think we have much of an issue. Though there may be enough water to keep the swift river running for a while deceiving his perhaps unaware family of it's rapidly lowering water source.

The Tainn smiled at her, gently pushing his nose against her muzzle in return, well, you have a home when you want one, Lífdís. At the mention of the water source he nodded his approval at the idea, it would be very important to find that. Yes me and my pack too, I'm sure. Maybe if we need something — like a mountain expedition — we'll give you a howl. Indru laughed, part joking part serious, she was a able wolf (proven when she helped bring him to health) and she would certainly be useful for any trip up the mountain that might be required.

Inactive No Rank
Lífdís Eyjólfur
His musings aloud didn’t stir another word for her, but once more to reiterate that he may be right, the girl gave a light nod of her muzzle before nudging the soft tawny of his cheek once more. Only then did she dance away lightly, her eyes peering back to the rocks that had once held a pool of water. She was becoming slightly nervous at the idea that the water was slowly drying up – which was not only foolish in the sense that they were both likely being paranoid in light of his recent condition, and what did it truly matter? She held no home here.

His extended invitation drew a warm smile to her lips. “þökk þið, Indru Tainn,” she murmured, the accent of her old tongue more apparent in her native language now. “You have my gratitude for such a warm welcome. But you should go to your family, my friend. They’ll need to know you’re safe.” There was a small pause, and a coyish smile drew itself to her features. “Freista ekki ná arga, þessi aldur.” She doubted very much he would understand any of that. It was probably just as well; boys didn't take teasing as gracefully as a female.