650 Users Online
Google, Bing

My Last Goodbye — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Song for this thread </3

Shade had slowly, but surely, made his way over the mountains, his wounds sore, and likely not to close up at all. He had lost large amounts of blood, feeling light headed he was lucky to have made it as far as he had. He had been lucky that Lachesis was on the other side of that mountain when his fight had happened, or he would have surely died. Sadness panned through him... he knew in his old age what these injuries meant. However, he had to remain strong, for his children, for Pitch Pine Trail. He let out a weak howl for them, trying not to strain his injuries to further harm. All he could do was hope for more time with his family, and hope that his sister was waiting for him in the stars. He had little more than a week left in him.

He looked up at the stars that glittered above the world, and he saw the shooting star that night, it gave him hope. He waited for his children to answer his call, he had to talk to them. Explain to them what happened, no child deserved to not know what happened that led to a parents death or disappearance, and Shade.... he couldn't let them feel the pain from Rose's disappearance and his own death. He had to be the one to tell them. He knew they would stay strong, his little soldiers. Oh my children, forgive me for being so foolish... I was so blind to not see her coming. I should have never gone over the mountains. Please forgive me @Adsila and Karpos.... please. His thoughts warped as he tried to figure out how to tell his children.

(This post was last modified: Aug 28, 2013, 09:19 AM by Shade.)
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
[PS: Dated September 8th, 2013]
Karpos Slayer
i lost my heart along the way

Karpos had lurked amoungst the shadows of the night in his father's absence, barely returning to the pack den at all, even when it was time to sleep he would find elsewhere to lay. He heard it though... the sweet, but rather weak {which was unusual to the Slayer boy} sound of his father. He got up from where he laid, and he ran to his father, joy leaping through his heart as he figured that his da was probably tired from his journey. But when he arrived to the pack den in which he was called from, his heart sank. Tears would have leaked out of his eyes if he could allow them too. He started to sob, seeing his father's neck torn, and a scar stretching over his eye... his da had been in a fight.

Oh father, what have you done this time? His mind carried on, but he just ran to his father, and curled up near his father's face. "What happened da?" He asked through his pain, it was evident in his voice. He began to wonder where his sister was, his da had called for the both of them. He let out another shriek like howl, distress filled the air as he waited for Adsi. You have to make it da, your all that we have left. We need you da, Adsi needs you.... I need you. His thoughts more distraught than he let into. He had to force himself to remain somewhat calm. Panic filled his eyes.

table by mimi
(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2013, 01:33 AM by Karpos.)
Played by Melorama who has 97 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
I don't judge people; it blurs out the center
Adsila Slayer
of my attention, my focus, myself

She had missed her father while he had gone on his trip over to mountains to who knows where. His absence was long and painful, and she wanted him back where he belonged; with her and Karp and the rest of Pitch Pine Trail. Home.

Thinking of her father made the young princess feel sad and lonely, and those were emotions that she didn’t want to feel. So forcing herself to stand up, Adsila padded out of the roots of a particularly large tree and headed in the direction of the camp. Company was needed, most probably by Karp. He knew how she felt, as he felt the same way. They both missed their father.

But there it was. A howl rose up into the air, calling for her and Karp. He had come back! She knew that he would return. Breaking into a sprint, Adsila ran all the way to the den site and saw Karp cuddling up to their father. But to her horror, when she saw the wounds her father had a squeak emitted from her jaws.

His neck was all torn up and she could see dried blood crusting the outer edges of the wound, and yet, there was fresh blood too. Her denim blue eyes that were starting to gradually become lighter and greener scanned Shade up and down, before landing on his face. There was a scar stretching over his eye, as well as scrapes, claw and teeth marks and bruises along his body. Adsila could easily tell that he had been in a fight.

Another howl pierced the air, although this time it was filled with anguish and pain that came from Karpos. Tears formed in the corners of her eyes and began running down her cheeks. ”Father!” Adsila ran up to Karp and Shade and buried her head in her father’s chest. Sobs wracked her body as she curled up into his chest, she never wanted him to leave her and Karp again. Lifting up her head, she looked at Karp and then her father. ”What happened? Why ahre you hurt?”

349 Words

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

A small smile couldn't help but form on his muzzle when the small figure of his son, the Prince of Pitch Pine Trail, came into view, but the little pup knew something was wrong his his father, and ran towards him crying, and curled up near his neck, which was sore and there was the occasional drop of frehs blood. Then not a second later, Karp let out a howl for his sister. Shade gave a small lick behind his son's ear to try and comfort him. A small ear dropping from his eyes as his daughter, the Princess of Pitch Pine Trail, came into view. They both asked the same thing, and he would not avoid it any longer. "Karpos, Adsila. He said softly, giving Adsila a quick lick behind her ear for an attempt at comfort as she curled up by his stomach.

"My prince, my princess, I have something to tell you, y-you mustn't forget it... ever. You need to stay strong, and you need to know that you always have me in your heart, a-and no one can take me from you." Sorrow filled his voice, he was a part of them, just as they were a part of him. "You are both very strong, my little soldiers, and you need to promise me something, the both of you. Promise me that you will keep Pitch Pine Trail strong and that you will not let it fall. I-I know that you both have the spirit for it. Promise me no matter what, you will stay safe, and stay in Pitch Pine Trail." He said, trying to calm them from their state of hysteria and sobs with a small hum after the words he spoke. He had made it sound like he was going to die, and that was exactly what was going to happen, he wouldn't survive, but his legacy had to live on.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos Slayer

The words that his father said worried him deeply, the fact that he was asking them to stay strong meant that his da thought something bad was going to happen to him. Tears were all he could feel, they rushed down his cheek. "Why are you sayin that da? Who hurt you?" He sobbed out, finding it hard to stay strong for his sister, whom had arrive a little bit after he had. He gave a scared glance to his sister, the second time in his life where he was genuinely scared, and one of the most horrific experiences in his life. "Da, no, you cant leave us! No.. I won't let it happen. Where is Uncle Lach? He can help you can't he?" He asked in a panic, his words rushing around like a tornado.

His tail was drooping against the ground, he nuzzled his da, away from the injuries of course, and he looked at his father with scared eyes. "You can't...." He whispered, his da would just have to remain strong throughout the entire thing. He couldn't leave Karp and Adsi, then they would have to true blood family left to turn to. They did have Ana, and they also had Lachesis, but it wouldn't be enough. He nodded shakily and he sighed. "I promise da." He said with tears in his eyes as he buried his muzzle into his father's pelt. He would always be left in their hearts, but Karpos was going to lose his heart along the way.

table by mimi
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
Adsila Slayer

She wanted to feel calmed as her father licked her, but she just couldn’t. The sadness she was feeling just didn’t want to go away. But her sobbing eased up slightly as he spoke, and she lifted up her head to stare at his face. The words that came out of his mouth meant only one thing: that he was going to die. She didn’t want him to die, he still had a few years left in him, and she and Karp were yet to reach a year old. But most of all is that she would miss him. He had always been there for them, even when Rosealia had left.

Sniffing, the young princess cuddled up to Shade, her words muffled slightly as she spoke. “Please don’t die father.” If he did die Adsila had no idea what she would do. There would only be her and Karpos left to continue the Slayer line, and that was only if they lived to reach maturity.

Her eyes flicked to Karpos as he spoke about Lachesis helping their father, and she stared at him for a few moments. “Will Lach be able to help you father?” In her mind she knew that his wounds were too severe, but she hoped that he could recover and continue living on until a ripe old age.

When Shade asked them to promise that they’d look after themselves and each other, Adsila had to stifle a sob. He made it sound as if there was no doubt that he would die, and he probably would. But she would keep believing that he would make it until he died. Nodding her head shakily, the young princess drew in a deep breath before speaking in a soft voice. “I promise.”

293 Words

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade’s eyes locked with Karpos and Adsila, they were both so sad that he was hurt, and it pained him to see them this way. He forced himself to remain calm, his eyes withholding tears. Calm down Shade, calm down now. I can’t get them worried. His thoughts reminded him of what his mother must have been thinking when terrible things had happened at their former home. He sighed, they both did promise they would remain strong, and they asked if ‘uncle’ Lach had a cure for him, and he smiled a little bit, even though the answer was no, it was then he realized that the unity in the pack was outstanding, the fact that Adsi and Karp saw the skilled healer as an uncle to them.

It was with that, he spoke about the dim chances that he would even make it through the week. He had to tell them, but he couldn’t bring his heart to do it. So he offered up an explanation. "My little ones, Karpos, Adsila, I need you to listen to me, and understand that I never wanted this to happen." He said with sadness, there was nothing to be happy about.

"Adsila, Karpos, when I went over the mountains, it was to talk to my old friend Narime, I guess you could call her an aunt, she was like a sister to me and always helped me out when I needed it most… but I wound up at a place… called… Iridescent Lagoon and an old enemy visited me there, her name… Elettra. She attacked me because I left her pack without a word. We fought, I fought to protect you and the pack, and…. She tore up my neck… My children, soon I will pass from the mortal world, and my body and voice will not be here, but my spirit will be here, watching over you, guiding you in the right direction. My spirit will remain in your hearts and the hearts of your packmates." He whispered into their ears, his neck aching and he let out a tear or two. He didn’t want to go, he just… he had no choice.

"I’m sorry my children, Uncle Lachesis cannot help me now." With that sentence, he finished talking, trying to comfort the kids as best that he could. It hurt to see them this way, it always would.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos Slayer

His father’s words almost… hurt. It was complicated to know that his father would not be around to see him grow into a mature adult and watch him rise through the ranks of his home. At his age, he would probably be considered a kit still, not quite a preteen or teenager, but no matter what, he knew that his father had done all that he could to protect himself and his children. It didn’t stop Karpos from crying, especially as he heard the story of how his father turned out to be as he did. He saved the one name in his memory, Elettra. That Elettra wolf would definitely pay for taking his father away from them. He looked to his sister, unable to stay strong in the presence of their father whom was growing weaker by the minute.

Although it was not the time for family or pack members, one question burned through him, he had to know, and he had to hear it from his father. "I have one last request da." The words seemed to be choked out, like a poison, he had to make things right… so his adoptive ma wouldn’t be upset. She was no parent when she was upset. "Da, give ma her place back as alpha, I can’t bear to lose the both of you… I’m scared that with her being all upset about it… that she’ll leave us." He said with sadness. Lullay dear Shade, goodnight father min, rest now in moonlight’s embrace, may this cool lullaby reach you in dreams, and ease you your passage of days. He forced himself once more to remain strong.

table by mimi
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
Ehhh, short :c

Adsila Slayer

The words that her father spoke caused her to start sobbing again, and the young princess buried her face yet again in his chest, hiding the tears that slid down her cheeks. His tone of voice was saddening, yet also full of strength for them. She knew that he wanted them to be strong, but her heart felt like it was breaking in half, and it was impossible for her to feel anything but grief.

When Shade told them the story of how he got mortally wounded, and who did it to him, a soft purring growl formed in her chest. That wolf; Elettra, would pay for what she had done to her father. The name stuck in her mind like glue; she would not forget it, never in a million years. If Adsila came across her, there would be hell to pay. It would not be a pretty sight.

A small hiccup escaped from her muzzle and she lifted her head just as Karp spoke. His words sounded like they were being choked out, like a poison, and she turned to face her brother, barely managing to put a weak smile on her face. His request was fair enough, letting Anastasia become alpha was a good idea. She was a good leader and a good mother. But it just wasn’t the same as having her birth mother look after them. That was a void that couldn’t be filled, and now there would be another void, one where they didn’t have a father to look after them.

It seemed that the Slayer line was cursed with tragedy and terror.

269 Words

Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
Say your prayers and stomp it out

Shade had a frown to him, that was a request that he could not fulfill. He knew that to just kick Spec out of her seat without a word was wrong and he literally could not. However, he would need to talk to Ace, Ana and Spec about it after this meeting with his children. He looked at them sadly, they seemed to have a vengence when he told them El's name, and he regretted it so he made an effort to say something. "Adsi, Karp, promise me that you'll never go and look for Elettra. She is growing older, she will be gone and she will.... never.harm.you.again." He said, making it clear what he wanted and why he wanted it. His eyes remained calm, his children were growing to be just like him.

Shade looked around the pack den, he knew the day was growing closer, he could feel his life force fading out around him, but he stayed calm and he stayed strong. He of course was talking about how the female who had done this to him couldn't live forever, by the time Karp and Adsi were 5, she would have to be gone at least. He looked at his paws, then his scar riddled pelt, he knew what had to happen, and he had been thinking about it a lot. "Karpos, Adsila, you two should go find your uncle Lachesis or maybe Aunt Silver. I need to talk to your Uncle Ace, Spectre and Ana." He said calmly.

|| Tags: Adsi, Karp || Notes: Shade Exit