(See All?) Announcements
467 Users Online
Bing, Google

ruthless — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
It had only taken a matter of weeks for the young Lyalls to find their feet, use their eyes, and discover the world with their noses, but to Sköll Archer, no longer considered a middle-born amidst his five siblings, timing was everything. Soon, Deacon would match him in height. Soon, Castiel would become a splitting image of Angier and Sköll would have to be on his feet just to be sure he was not caught in the middle of his misdeeds and scheming. Soon, Greer would be unavoidable, a shadow - like him - beneath the willow trees. Sköll's grip on power within his mother's realm was slipping. With Asriel, Xetor, and the young Lyall's, if the second-born Archer did not make his claim clear, he faced the possibility of being nothing but a prince and son. That wasn't to say that he did not hold pride in being his mother's son but, by all means, he simply wanted to make his presence ever more prominent than it already was and make his title mean a little something more.

After he had risen for the day and found himself something to eat, the swarthy royal swept through the trees, eager to find something of value, something of use, or something that provoked the feeling of unmistakable satisfaction. His days of collecting crow feathers, deer antlers, and small animal corpses were over. He needed something more - something more terrifying - to work with. In realizing this, however, he realized that he, alone, could be this being of terror and fear. He could embody the idea of something terrible to behold.

With a smirk on his ivory lips and determination within his narrowed, ghostly eyes, he set off along the borders of Willow Ridge, sticking to the shaded areas beneath the trees and keeping his footsteps light and quick.

table by bryony
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon

OoC: Thought it might be interesting to throw Deacon in here! Also, hope it's okay he bumps into Skoll<3

Deacon had be up since early this morning. Full of energy and bothering his brothers. With his walking better than before and being able to say things better he found it more exciting to get out of the den. So he did just that by prancing off. Even as a young boy he knew better than to go wandering off farther than those heavy smelling lines that circled his home. He had often seen his father or mother marking them. Although it ingrigued him and he was curious to do such things too he decided to pass for now. It seemed a bit...weird.

Bounding around his nose had caught the scent of something not to familiar. He had caught the scent a few times before but he never really had a face to it. Deciding to follow it he tried his best to be quiet and trail after. Wherever this wolf was going, he wanted to go too.

Soon enough he was close enough to a point where one would easily catch his child form. He wasn't going to be the best at sneaking of course. He was only a pup! Plus with those awkward large paws he stumbled every now and then. Looking down to the ground for a few moments he watched his paws carefully hoping to make sure he wouldn't fall over himself. Yet it seemed that had done him no good. He not tripped over himself, but he had bumped into the strangers legs. With a yip and wide eyes he looked at the wolf. Almost to stunned to say anything he scrambled around in his brain looking for something to say. Manners were important right? Staring wide eyed and shocked probably wasn't very mannered either.

the princes of willow ridge
Deacon & Greer & Castiel
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

While walking along the well-worn paths that would bring him from one side of his mother's territory to another, Sköll considered his destiny, his assets, his skills, and his prospects. As it stood Asriel and Xetor were worthy, albeit intimidating, opponents and only a part of him was wholly sure he could challenge them for their higher ranks. He considered their strengths and their weaknesses from what he had initially observed and was about to go ahead and summon his brother and agemate when he heard someone creeping up behind him. The way the grass rustled beneath clumsy, uncoordinated puppy steps confirmed that the second-born prince was actually being followed by a different and more undesirable sibling.

Great. (Not.)

His triangular ears swept back along his head and neck and he continued to stroll along, pretending to not hear the little Lyall at all. He had miscalculated just how far the boy had been from him and when something bumped into one of his ankles, the lanky Archer stopped in his tracks. Sköll's face morphed into a scowl as he waited for the pup to start crying but silence simply followed after that first yelp of surprise. He slowly turned around to , looking down to see Deacon - this one had to be Deacon since his fur boasted a variety of brown and golden hues in his primarily black pelt - on the ground. Sköll grimaced, his tail giving a rather uncertain wag. "Oh... Please don't cry," he implored his brother, staring down into his sibling's wide eyes. His voice immediately hardened, "Don't even think about it 'cause you'll get us BOTH into trouble."

table by bryony
(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2014, 06:30 PM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Deacon

When the other looked down onto him he blinked rapidly and shut his mouth. Shaking his head as if to say no he slowly managed to find something to say. "I dun't cry." Pulling himself to a more respectable stance. Looking up at his older half brother he nudged, almost affectionately, the ankle where he had bumped into. "I sorry." He offered a small smile hoping to be forgiven for his clumsy action. Wagging his tail he looked at the taller male that would be known to him as his half brother in time. For now though he was simply that tall wolf he bumped into.

Looking down at the ground for a moment he moved his paws in a manner where they were almost gripping at the ground. Returning his gaze back to his brother he opened his mouth to speak. "Deacon." His name was said with a smile and his wide puppy eyes filled with happiness. Like every pup he was excited and ready to meet everyone or everything. Still wanting to explore he remembered how this male had been walking around those strong smelling lines. Maybe this meant they could explore together! Talk a walk and see all the new things Deacon had yet to see! Excitment filled his body yet he tried and forced himself not to jump all over his older brother as he would with his parents or littermates. "We go exploring?" It was obvious Deacon was over being shocked by running into the leg of the other he simply wanted to be social with the male now and explore! Explore was all he ever really wanted to do though. Besides napping, eating, and exploring, making new friends and meeting others of his great willow treed home was the best thing ever to the boy!

Deacon & Greer & Castiel
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

"I dun't cry," the cub retorted, much to Sköll's dismay and satisfaction. When he had been Deacon's age, he was constantly being hounded by Angier, prompted to talk with a variety of questions. At two months old, instead of an articulate response like his brother's, he might have said "No cwy" instead. It struck an envious note, even as the cub went on to apologize for bumping into him. Whatever. The older prince was about to turn around and start walking away when the boy recovered himself, stating his name loud and clear. An introduction.

"Sköll," he answered, returning his pale eyes to the little punk. His ears had perked back up and his right tip twitched with fading disinterest. Before he could even say anything else, his younger sibling filled the threatening silence with a suggestion, "We go exploring?" He gave a snort. Sheesh, no wonder why "Anjee" was always on his case about practicing his words and his diction. If Sköll actually gave Deacon, Castiel, and Greer a bit more time, he would find that he might as well be conversing with a yearling such as himself within a matter of weeks and months.

He surveyed the forest around him before returning his gaze to Deacon. "Fine," he gave in after apprehending that now that he had been discovered, Deacon was more than likely not ready to leave him alone... and he couldn't just leave his younger brother on the edges of the territory by himself unless he wanted his mother to chew his ear off. Needless to say, Sköll was rather partial to both of his pointy black ears. "But you stay close," he made sure to heavily emphasize the key word there. "I'll take you around another way back to the den. You understand?"

table by bryony
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Deacon

OoC: Sköll seems to raise my Deacon muse!

Wagging his tail when his older brother stated his name he wanted to try saying it. "Sk-Skull?" Instead of an O a U came out. Making a bit of a frowned face he looked to Sköll. "You, Skull." Still frustrated with the U that decided to make it's home in his older brothers name.

Deacon was greatly pleased when Sköll decided to take him on a exploring trip. Smiling wide from ear to ear the pup could barely contain his excitement. Nodding his head at his older brother's words he was ready to get going. Still trying not to bounce it was obvious by the twitch of his tail and that smile Deacon was ready to go. The young prince would make sure to stick close to the darker, taller male like he was told. Even if he didn't really want to stick too close he decided it might be best to follow rules this one time. Especially since the male seemed to be a bit more stern than others.

Walking along he looked all over. The great big trees, not that he really understood they were trees, above the young boy caught his attention. They seemed strong and sturdy. Even though he wanted to go play around one of the trees and it's long branches he chose to keep his promise and stick close to Sköll. Hearing a strange sound he remembered hearing it before. It was some sort of weird animal that moved in the air! Deacon barked at it as it seemingly sat in one of the trees. Moving his eyes so that he could see his brother's face he wagged his tail. "Whut that?" Deacon even did a small head swing to were the bird was lurking in one of the branches. It made a weird sound too! It's sound high pitched, not a yip but more of a screech.

Deacon & Greer & Castiel
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

Sköll began to amble along just as he had been before, leading his younger sibling on the path that his mentors and superiors had marked. "Skull," he had said, the Archer frowned. He used to say his name like that... before he opted to make the 'o' with the umlaut sound rounder and fuller, something that made him sound like Asriel's and Morganna's "equals" by name. For a while everything seemed to be going well; Deacon kept close and kept his mouth shut, at least until something overhead called for the boy's attention with a sharp chirp.

"Whut that?" Sköll should have expected it - the curiosity and the idea that he was going to be asked all sorts of questions. He stopped and followed his brother's gaze up to the branches. A small sparrow peered down at them from between the verdant leaves, issuing another chirp. The older prince's tail gave a small wag, tilting his head before rolling his eyes. "It's a warbler," he explained, mentally recoiling when he remembered that simpler words an answers might be best, even if it seemed Deacon had a pretty good grasp on the world and vocabulary that explained it all. "A buuurd."

"They live in the trees. They don't really concern us," he lowered his head to nudge his sibling along but thought best of it and simply began to walk again. "Come on, Deacon, leave the bird alone." Inwardly, Sköll scoffed and tittered, picking up his slow pace through the willows. "If you don't stop looking at it, it's going to drop a surprise on your head."

table by bryony
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Deacon

Listening to Sköll's words like a student would listen to a teacher he let out a small, "Ooo," before looking up to the bird. Deciding to test it out on his tongue he looked between his brother and the bird. "Buuurd." It seemed like a fairly decent sound to Deacon's young ears. He was eager to tell mother and father about his new found word and friend.

His face made an obvious disgusted look when his brother said something about the bird dropping a surprise on his head. Deacon wasn't one for to many surprises. He liked knowing when he would be getting things or what he was getting. Quickly following along his brother he kept his mouth shut for the moment. Nothing else seemed to fascinating. Putting his nose to the ground every now and then while they walked along Deacon would hear the birds Sköll had told him about. Mentally the boy would chant bird every time he heard one. "Buuurd! Buuurd!" Secretly he would look to his moving paws and smile at himself. Proud of being able to say such a word and know what it was. While he should be thanking Sköll for teaching him it wasn't something that crossed his mind at the moment. Maybe it would dawn on the young boy later on in their walk or at the den that he should thank the taller dark male for teaching him about this word.

Deacon & Greer & Castiel
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

So far, so good, even if their little 'field trip' was just beginning. If Deacon could keep this obedient-and-quietly-curious stuff up, everything would be a-okay, and maybe Sköll would consider taking his brother - just Deacon, since he had absolutely no idea if Greer and Castiel were just as good - off his mental blacklist. If anything, he was quite glad to not have to deal with the possibility of cleaning buuurd poop off his sibling's mousy-furred face. He probably would have gagged. He set his lips in a hard line, looking back over his shoulder once just to make sure that Deacon was still trailing along behind him since the boy had become awfully quiet since being called to come along.

"Say," he suddenly mused, catching Deacon looking down at his paws. "What are you brother's names? Can you say them?" He thought back to when he was his brother's age, eventually scowling to himself again. He used to call Asriel "Az-reel" or "Azree" (which actually rhymed with Angier's "Anjee") and Morganna "Merganna" or "Mor'a". One of his brows lifted as he looked to his little shadow, half-certain and half-dreading that he was going to be floored by the words that came out of his mouth.

Somewhere along the scent-marked path, he veered to the right in a 'fork in the road.' The trail on the left, more often than not, commonly led him into trouble. The last time he had stuck to that pathway, he had met the mouse-queen and had almost gotten lost; he had always found the Thorben brothers Titan and Yuka out in that direction, and he had once met a tall, dark-furred stranger, Chulyin, who had threatened to keep his toy maowse. On all accounts he had been scolded for wandering too far and did not even dare to think of bringing Deacon so far from the den.

table by bryony
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
I just wanted Elettra to be aware of this event... I hope thats okay? She is in and out!

She was merely wondering around the territory of her home, doing your average 'Leader stuff' when she found them - her two sons, or well, two of the five sons which she now could call her own. She did not bother trying to spy on them. Perhaps she could, for although Skoll was a tricky, swift footed and quiet wolf, she had some age and experience on him. Still, she was no scout, yet was still drawn to the commotion of them both and came into their direction in a direct and slow lope.
"Skoll..." She spoke lightly, her eyes intense upon him, but a bit of a small smile easing over ehr lips. "Your doing so wonderful with him. I'm proud of you." It was true that Elettra had of course thought over the circumstances of having to many male children. She had grown up around such all her life as an Archer. Usually it was the eldest who was seen as someone whom might rule firstly, though they were not always the most worthy. A wolf had to fight for such a placement for Leadership. It was not always the strongest and eldest, but the most wise, most controlled, must caring and the one most loved by their brethren. It was without a doubt that Elettra knew that Asriel and now his three little brothers were competition to Skoll. Still that did not mean Elettra did not trust her son to care for them as family should, whatever the outcome of who led after her and Angier descended from the throne. After her approving words, Elettra's head lowered, giving Deacon a bit of a nudge with her muzzle before turning and making off once more. She still had business to attend to and she trusted Skoll enough to care for his young brother.