(See All?) Announcements
561 Users Online
Google, Bing

There's a bear inside your stomach — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Equanimity. That was the perfect word to describe Enoki's being as the magpie wolf found herself once more wondering among the seemingly endless land of Relic Lore. It had been a year since anyone had last seen the lone female around these parts and who knew when it would be when someone managed to stumble across her again. Alas, here she was among the beautiful cedar wood trees again, her slender frame dwarfed by the statuesque trunks that made up the Cedarwood Forest.

Calmness. That was what Enoki felt flowing through the fibers of her body the further she ventured into the forest. Serene calmness. Above her, the local birds made their presence well known with the constant sound of chirps, trills and whistles as they communicated among themselves about the ever changing moment and weather. Listening absentmindedly to the chatter, the female delved deeper into the forest while picking up the occasional scent of black bear and other wolves, both lone like herself and pack.

Home. After many traveled miles and well worn pads, bountiful meals and meals lost, it was evident that no place on earth could feel the way it did when she was within the warm embrace of Relic Lore. This would be the place that the lone female would finally rest her bones and live out the remaining years of her life. Now the question that became most important. What pack within Relic Lore did she see fit enough to call home?

Walk. That was all the female could do for now as she gave her pelt a quick shake to free herself of the debris that managed to collect on her journey home. Filthy, down right filthy was what had become of her pelt over the last year. The small patches of white that adorned her pelt couldn't even be considered white anymore. A cream color or even tan would suit the areas of fur better than white. "I need a good, long bath." Enoki spoke to herself as she came upon a small boulder laying flesh against the side of cedar, finding this to be an ideal spot to stop and rest for a moment, maybe clean herself up a bit with the best that her tongue could do with the dirt and twigs that remained mangled among the locks of her fur.
Played by Bryn who has 33 posts.
Inactive
Kato Aetomis

The Forest of towering cedar trees was by now a slightly familiar terrain. With an amused chuckle, the tawny hued boy remembered his last experience here. It had begun with him accidentally crossing the border of a pack called Cut Rock River. Luckily, a friendly scout by the name of Naia Aegina had come along and forgiven his mistake. Unfortunately, the fawn youth had taken an embarrassing tumble down a surprisingly steep slope. Now, Kato had returned to the forest to stretch his legs and enjoy the scenery.

At the appearance of a small stream, the fawn and silver boy paused to investigate. Just yesterday, he had decided to acquire the skill of fishing. If he sought to make his new home by the waterfall, then it would be unreasonable not to take advantage of the fishing opportunities. As soon as his brown and green eyes registered the silver gleam, the boy's paw flew into the water, dropping a shiny fish beside him on the bank. It was small, so it took only one big gulp to finish it. Time to move on.

Equanimity was a good description for his peaceful state of mind. Weaving between the trees became a sort of game for him. Well, until he bumped into a boulder. "Mrph!" Kato grunted, rubbing his head on his paw in an attempt to dull the pain. It was certain he would have a hefty lump there later tonight. Suddenly the breeze changed, bringing the scent of another wolf. Standing up straight, the tawny figure began to cast about the area in search of the source. "Hello?"

"Speech"

PirateLotus-Stock @DA, Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
"Mrph!". It rang faintly in her subconscious as she lay peacefully asleep atop the large boulder she had found earlier, catching some must needed sleep from her long journey back to Relic Lore. Silence once again took over as she drifted back asleep until a few moments later. "Hello?" she heard this time, but louder as her body began to awake from its slumber. With a quiet yawn emitting from her jaws, the sleepy girl rose to her feet and stretched her front quarters in an attempt to spring life back into her sleeping limbs.

Once her senses became more alert her nostrils gave a couple twitches as they took in the fresh scent of a wolf very near by. Undoubtedly this was the scent that probably belonged to the one who woke her from her peaceful slumber. Though stirred from her sleep, equanimity remained as the scent held no threat being it belonged to a fellow rogue. "Well that was a nice wolf nap." Enoki mumbled to herself in a slightly groggy tone which remained to be the only part of her yet to rid the sleepy spell.

With a quick push of her hindquarters she lept from the top of the boulder back down to the forest floor where she nearly landed on top of the boy who had awoken her. "Oh, excuse me! I didn't see you there." Her demeanor was relaxed as her tail rose behind her and swayed from side to side in a friendly manor, showing the boy that she was friend rather than foe.
Inactive
Kato Aetomis

"Gah!" Kato yelped in surprise and possibly a little fear as a wolf nearly landed atop him. In his surprise, the boy jumped a clear three feet away and whirled to face his surprise guest. Thankfully, a deep sniff revealed she wasn't a pack wolf. His brown and green flecked gaze took in her appearance and saved it for future reference. The lady was black with patches of white. It was a very unique coloring, one he had never encountered before. Her eyes were amber, like many wolves' eyes were, but that by no means took away from her appearance. "It's quite alright, really. My fault for not paying attention,"

This bicolored female seemed friendly and relaxed, so Kato flattened his ruffled fur and allowed his tail to wag happily behind him. Now that he wasn't worried she was going to attack him, they could enjoy a friendly conversation. "I assume you don't normally skybomb other wolves as a greeting. My name is Kato Aetomis. Is there anything I can do for you?" The tawny boy's tone was a playful shade of formal, displaying his still childish interior. His stomach gave a sudden gurgle, and he jumped a little bit in surprise. Kato wasn't a naturally jumpy individual, but that particular rumble had been rather unexpected and startlingly sudden. Perhaps that fish wasn't getting along too well with his innards. Glancing at the black and white girl with an apology in his eyes, he nosed his stomach curiously, wondering what that had been about.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki couldn't help but mutter a faint wolfish chuckle as the boy jumped back like a jack rabbit on hot sand when she nearly landed upon him, raising her paw to give a quick wipe to the front of her head to remove a twig that had come dislodged from her fur and managed to slide down her face. Admittedly she was slightly embarrassed to be caught with company when in such poor conditions for her standards, but there was nothing she could do about that now.

"No, no. Not my usual greeting method, but it did make for quite the conversation starter am I right?" Her tail gave another small wag before she lowered her haunches to the ground in a sitting position, her tail falling neatly beside her body. "It's nice to meet you Kato. My name is Enoki Ashrelle." She gave the young boy a small nod before yawning once again. "You caught me snoozing on that boulder, but there is something you could help me with if you don't mind." Her eyes glanced over the younger wolf's frame, taking a mental note of his coloration for future encounters that may occur while noting his still pup like personality that showed through here and there which she didn't mind at all. It was nice to come across a bright soul instead of a stone cold wolf who obviously had more important things to do then converse with another loner.

Ah yes, she remembered her whelping years. Romping across the den floor with your siblings and nipping at pack member tails as they passed by. Going out with the pack for the first hunt once you became big and strong enough to keep up. It was a plus to taste fresh meat for a change instead of the nastily cold regurgitated meat the adults fed you upon their return. And then the time came where you were old enough to move on from the pack and find a new home; which is what Enoki decided, or to fulfill your role as the next alpha when the time came.
Inactive
Kato Aetomis

"Indeed, it was a fine conversation starter. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Ashrelle," Kato was more formal and polite sounding this time. Puppyish foolishness was buried deep down once more, saved for when he needed or wanted it. He, like the bicolored girl across from him, seated himself in a comfortable fashion with his tail tucked neatly alongside. There were times for being grown up and mature and times for forgetting all notions of old age and simply doing whatever struck your fancy. In the Aetomis boy's mind, maturing was knowing when to equip each mindset.

A smile danced across the fawn and silver highlights of his profile when Enoki asked for his assistance. Presumably, since she had no pack scent, she was a loner in search of a home. Well, in that case, they were both lucky to have run into eachother. "It would be wonderful to offer my help. What is it you seek?" Kato inquired, pretending he had only a vague idea of what he figured she would ask. Something had him in a playful mood today, and that maybe wasn't the best thing if the black and white furred she-wolf was looking for a more formal encounter. Oh well, you had to take the good with the bad. One ear tipped to the side as a songbird's melody danced upon the air. Kato didn't particularly like to eat birds. They were such happy souls it seemed unfathomable why anyone would break their joyful songs in search of a meal.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

@Kato

Her own facial features reflected the smile that rested upon his own when he lit up at her mention of needing help. Perhaps luck was looking out for her today with this young boy. She had gotten some much needed rest and hopefully with this wolf's help she could find the nearest source of water to not only quench her cotton dry mouth, but steal a quick bath in the process. "I'm sure you've figured it out by now since you look like a smart wolf, but I'm not originally from around here and I was wondering if you may know where the nearest water is?"

How odd her question must seem when surely she could listen for the sound of water and go from there, but he seemed to know this forest better than she. Hell, it was her first time venturing into this part of the Lore so what harm could there be asking for some wolf survival 101 help? Amber eyes focused on the hazel toned that sat across from hers, or were they brown? Green? She couldn't quite make a solid decision as they changed here and there with the change in light and shadows.

The female shook her head briefly to rid her unfocused thoughts before refocusing on the boy, awaiting his answer. Why was she so unfocused? Maybe it was the lack of water to her brain that was the culprit, or was this male's mood just rubbing off on her? Who knew, but patiently she waited for his answer, her tail thumping lightly against the soil and causing small clouds of dust to lift and hover just above paw level.

Khalliysgraphy @DA & CathleenTarawhiti @DA - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Aug 14, 2014, 06:25 PM by Enoki.)
Inactive
Kato Aetomis

The two tone lady's startling question no doubt surprised him. "Oh, ah, yeah, this way," Kato replied, beginning to walk past the big rock he'd found her sleeping on. The sun shone pure and clear, creating a dappled pattern on the Forest floor. Stepping through patches of sun and shade, he admired the beautiful cover the tall cedars gave to those below. He recalled that the pack Cut Rock River made their home here. It must be a nice place to live, he thought.

"So what brings you to these forests, Miss Ashrelle?" The question came out calm and clear, more friendly than intrusive. Several wolves Kato met had their distinct reasons for arriving in the Lore. His reason was none too special, but his philology kept him asking those around them what they had experienced. Even at a young age, stories had fascinated and encaptured Kato more than his litter mates. Now, the tawny boy wondered what Droae, Perdio, and Ramissa were up to these days. Last he knew, Droae had been in the military, Perdio had been preparing for the role of royal advisor, and aramids a had been joining the subordinate ranks and had already found a lifelong mate. Well, if only they could see him now!

Perhaps someday he would return to the island of Whirres Aetomis and visit his birth pack. And if he ever found a mate, then he would ask her to come as well. But for now, he was content to wander through these trees alongside who he hoped would be a new friend.

"Speech"

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

@Kato

A small sigh of relief fell from her black lips as he answered her question with a positive answer before starting to wander in the direction of their destination. Dutifully she fell into stride with the younger male and let her tail wave behind her in light swishes at near full height, content as the two wolves made their way through the cedar trees. Her amber orbs focused on the small dapples of light that covered the forest floor, intrigued by the speckling effect the small breaks in the foliage above made against the creamy tan of Kato's coat.

It was his curious question that brought the magpie colored wolf back to reality and made her gaze venture from the coloration of his pelt back to the green scenery around them as they walked. Why was she here? It was a good question and she contemplated his question for a moment, letting them hang in silence for a minute before she answered. Home." was all she muttered out for a moment before fully elaborating her answer. "I'm trying to find my home. I was traveling these parts only a year ago before leaving to continue my search for a home, but as fate would have it I only ended up walking in a giant circle back to here." A soft chuckle lofted from her jaws as an equally as soft smile found its way to her lips.

It was definitely a giant circle seeing as it took a full year to complete and end up where she started. Fate had a funny way of working like that in the lives of wolves, but deep down inside Enoki was actually glad to find herself treking across familiar soil. Relic Lore soil felt right beneath her mud clad paws. More right than any place had ever felt before. This was where she felt deep in her bones that she belonged. This was where she was meant to call home. Maybe not particularity Cedar Forest, but somewhere in the traverse land of Relic Lore, there was a home waiting to greet Enoki with open paws. When she finally found said place, that is.

Khalliysgraphy @DA & CathleenTarawhiti @DA - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive
Kato Aetomis
@Enoki I am sooo sorry this took me so long!!!

Sunlight filtered through the towering cedar branches as they walked side by side. To an onlooker the contrast between the coats of the two wolves would've been quite stark. Kato's light tawny highlighted with silver versus Enoki's black and white was a real difference all right. One ear cocked in the bicolored lady's direction as she began to speak. Imagine that! Us wolves really can't seem to leave Relic Lore behind. It's a part of us... Kato thought, smiling gently to himself.

"I hear you. A home seems to be the one place on everyone's mind right now. Especially with autumn and winter or their way in, a warm den and plenty of food is more important than ever." The fawn youth nodded along to his own words, not making eye contact, though the air between them did not hold the awkward feeling it took on when things began to go downhill. These words also put emphasis on his need to finalize his plans for his pack. With winter on the way, soon might be best...

The sound of a babbling brook had probed his ears for a little bit now, and rounding a bend the water source came into full view. Though this was not part of their territory, the water smelled faintly of Cut Rock River. "Don't be alarmed, the water smells like one of the nearby packs. It runs through their territory," He didn't think it was pressing that he warned her, but it would've nagged at the boy if he hadn't mentioned it. But Kato didn't know why...