544 Users Online
Bing, Google, Magg, Jadon

she killed it with kisses
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

It was days like today that Naia longed to be with @Inali. As she paced to the northern edge of the Cedarwood Forest, she could feel springtime rustling through her fur with the wind. The air was warm and the sun was bright; a perfect day for reveling in your lover’s presence. The patches of sunlight dappling the forest floor became bigger as the trees thinned out and eventually gave way to the enormous fields of blackberry bushes that stretched on toward the horizon. Naia drew to a halt at the edge of the trees, knowing that the field was all that was separating her from her feisty Downs lady.

She flexed her paws in frustration, and she felt her claws sink into the soft soil beneath her. How she wished she could take off across the field and fall into her lover’s embrace! She had a job to do though, and a forest go guard... Being a scout had its perks as she was able to travel around wherever she liked in the general area without raising eyebrows, but if she took off for the Downs unannounced every time the desire hit her she would probably start smelling more like blackberries than cedars.

The announcement of the big move would have been a great excuse to visit Black Thorn Downs, if only Maksim and Kisla would go ahead and announce it. Naia imagined the whole pack knew of the coming changes, as it’s difficult to keep something like that a secret when everyone shares sleeping space. Whispers were rampant, and it was no longer a question of “if” the River wolves were moving so much as “when”.  Until the decision was official though, Naia knew it was best to remain firmly planted in the Cedars. The last thing she needed was for someone to question whether her relationship was affecting her work.

♦♦♦♦♦  
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

It had been a couple days since her confrontation with Minka. Inali didn't like thinking of it. She lost everything, just because she couldn't let go. It seemed the fates loved testing her loyalty. She had always been a loyal woman..until her Leaders asked her to choose between her family. In Whisper Caverns, she had had to choose between Narimè or Minka, Yuka or this new pack. Tension had been so thick, Inali struggled for days. It seemed love was not only her downfall in Whisper Caverns, but in Black Thorn Downs as well. Would her mate see her as a traitor too? Inali definitely didn't like to think of that road, so she stayed in the cherry orchard, trying to decide what to do next. She was surrounded by mostly enemies. She had nothing left, except only the fact that she had done the right thing. Maybe not in the eyes of others, but in her soul, Inali knew she had made the right choice. Even if it had cost her friendship with Minka and the loss of her pack.

Inali had finally gotten to the point where acceptance was key. She had lost much, but she had the chance to try anew. Yes, she still felt grief but not over her decisions. Once again, she had lost those she loved. She needed Naia, to feel her mate's warmth and the comfort Inali could find in her embrace. Maybe she had lost her mate too, and though that was a thought that filled her with the most intense pain, she knew she had to consider it. There was only one way to find out what Naia's reaction would be so Inali hesitantly set out towards the cedar woods. She reached the familiar cedar woods the next morning, and what a morning it was. Sunny and bueatiful. She caught the scent of her lover, and stilled hesitantly. Inali didn't know if she could handle the loss of Naia. Inali had once told her that losing Naia would destroy her, and the scout knew the statement couldn't have been truer. Slowly, she brushed against Naia's side, her heart at once filled with both relief and aching pain. She wanted Naia to make it better. She always did.

”Speech”
Sed-rah-Stock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina
Not sure if we're going to play out the 'Seek and You shall find' thread, so I'm leaving that vague..

♦♦♦♦♦

It was as if their energies were connected somehow; she yearned for her lover and here she was, a lithe, graceful woman weaving through the berry bushes. Naia smiled as she noticed Inali catch her scent in the air, and that smile widened as her lover made a beeline for her. As her other half brushed against her, Naia felt her pain as easily as if it had been her own. The River scout wrapped her neck around Inali’s in an embrace, pulling her close as if contact alone could transfer the pain from Inali to herself. “Inali,” Naia breathed her name after she inhaled her alluring scent. It had been too long. She stood there for a moment in Inali’s silent embrace, very much wishing they could remain like this forever instead of discussing whatever pained the Downs scout so much. Inali hesitated to speak also, and Naia sensed her reluctance to broach the subject. After a long moment Naia pulled away gently, concerned gaze searching out Inali’s azure eyes.

”Inali, what is it?” Naia asked, voice barely a sigh. She began licking her lover’s face in a desperate attempt to comfort her, and she buried her nose once more in the fur behind Inali’s ear.“Is it Noble?  Is she…” she finally dared to ask, whispering softly into the Downs woman’s ear. The death of a pup was so distressing to the point that it was almost unthinkable, let alone unspeakable.. but it was the only thing Naia could imagine that could have Inali so upset. Without even waiting for the answer, Naia felt tears of sympathy begin to burn in her own honey eyes. How would she feel if it had been Orren who had disappeared? If it was Orren’s body found limp, unmoving…? Naia began to tremble, searching her lover’s face for answers, silently urging her to speak.

♦♦♦♦♦  
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
I should be getting to that thread sometime this weekend. And sorry, I got a little carried away lol

As Naia wrapped her in her embrace, her muzzle buried against her fur and Inali's in hers, Inali felt that she was truly whole. It had been a while since the lovers had been able to see each other, and after such a long time, to recieve such a loving welcome like always, made the scout's heart soar. Naia tried to comfort her, and for a brief moment, Inali felt the pain go away, but like all things, you always had to come back to reality. Inali flinched as Naia licked her muzzle, over the fresh wound that Minka had left. Stepping away from her mate, Inali lowered her gaze. It was now or never. It wouldn't be long at all before Naia started sputtering questions, probably mainly about what had brought her here and who had harmed her. Inali had seen the damage. She had washed and cleansed it, but she didn't know what else to do. The scout knew it would scar, but at least it wouldn't be a too large one. She shook her head at Naia. It wasn't Noble.

The woman began to pace back and forth, a few wolf lengths away from Naia now. Opening her maw, Inali tried to settle her nerves. What would Naia think? What would she do? ”We had tensions with this pack called the Secret Woodlands for a while now, before true disaster struck. Lugh was attacked by them. We scented them on him. Of course, Minka was furious. She declared war against them. I knew the matriarch of the pack, for once she had been a friend. I knew she couldn't have done this. I didn't scent her on him. It could've been a big misunderstanding." Her blue gaze flicked to Naia before leaving her honey gaze. She swallowed, knowing she had to continue. ”Minka stated that we shouldn't go off alone, and if we saw a Woodlands wolf we needed to attack. I didn't agree with the idea of war. You know me, Naia." She shook her head. "Minka was thinking with anger and not logic. The Woodlands wolves had two very strong packs as their allies. We only had you, the River wolves. Why did we need to suffer unneccessary bloodshed? Why was war the only option?" Her pain and frustration were leaking into her tone and the woman struggled to regain control of her emotions.

She shook her head slowly. ”I went to Nina to find the truth. She had had traitors in her midst, and she was sure that it had been them who attacked our healer so viciously. I warned her that war could be coming, knowing that I was betraying Minka as I did. But what else could I do?" Frantically, she stared into Naia's eyes, pleading her to understand. ”I could not stand by and watch a pack fall when they had done nothing wrong! I respect Nina, for she was always good to me. And she is Bane's mother. How could I lead the one who raised him to possible death?" Her voice seemed broken by now, sadness coating her tone. She needed Naia to understand. ”I went back, and Minka realized what I had done. She labeled me a traitor...and I am no longer a part of the Downs." Her voice shook slightly, and Inali tentavely met Naia's gaze for the umpteenth time. Would she understand? ”And now I'm terrified that I've lost you as well." Her voice was thick with emotion. This was her true fear. She didn't think she could survive if Naia decided to break their bond.

”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Apr 25, 2015, 02:07 AM by Inali.)

Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Relief flooded Naia when her fellow scout denied that her mood had anything to do with the young Downs princess. The feeling was short lived however, and Naia gasped when she felt her tongue slide over Inali’s fresh wound. She pulled away slightly to inspect her love’s face, a very uncharacteristic growl rumbling in her chest. It was a wordless question, at the same time threatening and curious, who has done this?” Inali began to speak of tensions with another pack, Secret Woodlands, and Naia’s brow furrowed. Had Black Thorn Downs gotten themselves mixed up in a war? Was this why Inali’s face was scarred up? With the looming threat of the southern packs, Cut Rock River would not be able to lend their allies support.. Naia hoped dearly Inali had not showed up to request reinforcements, because she would hate to deny her lover anything she asked.

It seemed that there was more to this story, though. Inali continued, sharing her own feeling about the war and her leader’s decisions. A cold, terrified feeling was beginning to settle in the pit of Naia’s stomach. She nodded cautiously to confirm that yes, she did know Inali, and she knew her lover would proceed with caution in that situation because it was what she herself would have done.  It’s what she had done, not so long ago when her pack had been at war with Hollowheart Keep .  She had spoken to Maksim and convinced him of a need to negotiate a peace treaty. However, it seemed that this was not Inali’s chosen course of action—if she had spoken to Minka privately and attempted to change her leader’s mind she didn’t  say so, and instead she launched into an explanation of her visit with the leader of Secret Woodlands. The tense feeling in Naia’s stomach turned to dread as she anticipated what Inali was about to tell her.

Oh no, Inali, what have you done?! Naia wanted to embrace and shake her lover at the same time. Perhaps Minka was thinking with anger and not logic, but Inali hadn’t reacted with logic either. Informing the Woodlands of impending attack was a betrayal of the Downs, no matter the reason or how you looked at the situation. Perhaps Inali had been depended on her friendship with Minka to cushion her from judgement, or maybe she thought preventing a war would cancel out the treacherous act. Clearly that’s not how Minka saw it, and it seemed if Minka  was “thinking with anger instead of logic” then Inali should have predicted her reaction. Naia sighed, knowing hindsight vision always was more accurate than looking straight ahead.  

“Inali.. Inali I’m so sorry,” she murmured, pulling her lover once more into an embrace. Her heart broke for the former Downs scout. She could only imagine how she could feel if she lost everything; her home, her friends and family, and her pack, cast out in disgrace.. “I’m here love, I’m not lost, I’m right here..” Naia reassured the woman, and as she spoke the words she felt a twinge of pain. She might be here right now, but Cut Rock River would surely relocate soon, and then what? “Inali, what will we do? What will you do? Is there to be war between the Downs and the Woodlands?” If Inali was an enemy of the Downs, the most logical move was to ask this Nina woman for shelter. But of course Inali couldn’t join the Woodlands and fight her former family and loved ones if the war was still on.

♦♦♦♦♦  
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

As Naia grieved along with her, pulling her into her warm embrace, Inali's formed leaned heavily into her lover's. So much had been going on and finally, finally Inali was letting herself feel the thunderous emotions that had been swirling within her for the past few days. She was so glad Naia hadn't cast her away, hadn't chosen to destroy their relationship for Inali's actions. The woman nuzzled even closer to her lover, wanting to bury herself as much as she could into Naia's skin. Never did she want to separate herself from the scout, but Inali held no choice. Before, she hadn't sensed it. She had been too selfish in seeking her own comfort. But as she pulled away, and gazed into Naia's honey gaze, Inali knew something wasn't right. The light in her eyes was dimmer now. Obviously Inali's news had affected her..but there was something else troubling her lover.

Inali opened her maw to speak. ”Nina has offered me sanctuary for as long as it is needed. It is a gracious offer, one I believe I will take. But first, I need to know if we," she grimaced slightly before continuing, "the Downs are still at war with the Woodlands. I may have managed to speak sense to Minka, but I wont know for sure until I speak with someone of the pack. I need to try and meet with Bane. He will probably be the only one willing to give me answers." That is, if he doesn't see me as a traitor too, she thought. She took a breath, trying to steady her emotions. Now it was her turn to be the source of comfort for her mate. Something was bothering Naia, and Inali would get down to exactly what. She licked her lover's muzzle tenderly before pulling away to speak. ”Tell me," Inali ordered softly. She wouldn't take no for an answer.

Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

The scout dropped her head when Inali confirmed that her plan was to shelter within Secret Woodlands so long as war had been averted. They would have to go back to concealing their relationship, and this time for more than just convention-- Naia would not be welcome in Inali’s packlands and neither she in Naia’s. The honey-eyed woman nodded all the same; it was a much safer option than roughing it as a lone wolf. Though she would worry about Inali’s safety less, the arrangement was far from ideal for the faithful Second. When Inali had been a Downs wolf their relationship might have raised a few eyebrows, but this.. this was different. Naia knew if she were to be seen meeting in secret with an enemy of the Downs, her loyalty would come into question, as it no doubt should. Where did her loyalties lie?

“Oh, Inali!” Naia gasped when her mate revealed her intentions to revisit the Downs. “Just.. think about it.. Bane, he might not be..” The timber woman fell silent, knowing that Inali would understand what she was trying to say. Just because Inali was willing to place a friendship over her ties to the Downs didn’t mean Bane would do the same. Though her lover spoke highly of the young man, Naia had never met him and wasn’t willing to bet Inali’s safety on it. One call to his family, and Inali would find herself all alone and surrounded by new enemies. “Please be careful,” she finally said with a gentle nudge to Inali’s muzzle. If she knew anything at all about Inali, she knew her lover would not shrink from a mission for fear of danger. It was what made her such a great scout.. but it was also what got her that scar.

Inali, attuned to her as ever, had realized that Naia had news to share too. “I’ve scented more loners than usual in the forest lately, and all the scents seem tied to one another—they may have the intention of establishing a pack here.” Naia had hesitated to bring this speculation to her leaders, feeling that it didn’t add up right in her head. Why would any sane wolf try to steal land right from under a strong, well established pack such as Cut Rock River? ”We are unequipped to fight both a war for honor with the Caverns and a war for land with these intruders.. not with the Ridge wolves undoubtedly scenting for weakness. Our forest is overcrowded by enemies, and Cut Rock River has no choice but to leave.” To fight would be suicide, as Maksim and Kisla had no doubt figured out by now. It was just a matter of when they would make the announcement. “It hasn’t yet been announced to where, or when, but I am positive it will be soon.” Maksim would not allow Kisla to deliver and raise pups in such an unsafe situation, and neither would her loyal Second for that matter.

Loyal Second. The words triggered something in her mind that had been nagging her, but Naia had previously been unable to express. Inali was a loyal Second and friend to Minka—she had proved that by following her from Whisper Caverns. This one incident of poor judgement, while Naia could understand wouldn’t have gone unpunished, should not have been enough to break that bond. What else wasn’t Inali saying? “Now you, tell me,” Naia said simply, drawing attention back to the fact that Inali had more to share too. Her eyes met Inali’s curiously.  Why was this the snowflake that broke the caribou’s back? What else had Inali been up to in the Downs that Minka had cause to question?

♦♦♦♦♦  
(This post was last modified: May 08, 2015, 05:28 PM by Naia.)
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

Her gaze did not stray from her lover as she spoke of what she had been concealing. It seemed that Cut Rock River too had been having issues, and there enemies seemed to be crowding them. Naia spoke with logic, though it was news that the River wolves were now enemies with not only the Ridge wolves, but the Caverns wolves as well. How unfortunate. Inali knew the Ridge wolves were led by a strong matriarch, but she didn't know how big their numbers were. The same went for Whisper Caverns. Nari had always been a good woman, with a strong sense of leadership. Though Minka always knocked heads with Ash, assuming he was still the leader, Inali had always admired his authority when she had dwelled within his home. It was wise for the River wolves to move, for if war occurred, there demise was surely guaranteed. Inali was not stupid, for she knew how much this was paining her lover. Naia loved the cedar woods, but her loyalty to the River King and Queen was steadfast. The second would follow them anywhere, and make the best of her future home.

Inali murmured a gentle apology as she once again moved closer to her lover, pressing her muzzle against the fur of her neck, providing her with what comfort she could. As she pulled away, Naia trained her honey gaze onto her blue one. For a moment, Inali was mesmerized, loving the light golden flecks within them. But the words that her mate spoke were quick to dissolve the misty fog she had been trapped in. They were simple words, curious words, but Inali struggled not to flinch like they had been harsh ones. Taking a moment to think over her words, the scout opened her maw.  "I...was visiting Yuka, the son of our enemies."  It was no use going into more detail. Naia knew about Yuka, how close they had been and how much leaving him had pained her. Though, she had never even told her lover of that first fateful meeting, when he had tried to kill her. That little secret would forever stay between herself and the tortured prince. He did not need anymore wolves thinking he was a monster, whether they knew him or not. The woman continued,  "Telling Nina of possible war was another strike against me. But the final strike that made Minka snap was when she gave me an ultimatum, and I rejected. She gave me a second chance to redeem myself, but the catch was I would forever have to cut ties with the Caverns and the Woodlands." She shook her head slightly, not regretting her decision, but regretting that she had caused her best friend pain. Looking at Naia, she gazed at her lover. How could Minka expect her to betray the boy she had practically raised and owned the deepest of her affections?

(This post was last modified: Jun 13, 2015, 11:22 PM by Inali.)

Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina
Honeyed eyes widened at Inali’s admission, and the Timber lady drew back the slightest bit. “I had no idea you still saw Yuka,” she spoke, and of course @Inali would know that already because she hadn’t told her.  “Why didn’t you tell me?” Naia left the sentence unspoken, but the question hung there all the same between the pair. She would have understood completely.. If Naia was ever separated from Orren she would seek him out desperately, and she wasn’t even Orren’s adoptive parent. Naia let her gaze drift away from Inali, wondering what else she didn’t know about the aqua-eyed beauty. She knew that she was missing things from Inali’s past, and of course pieces of their lives were falling through the cracks when they could only talk to one another every now and then.. but this was the first time she’d ever felt truly mislead by her lover. 

She nodded as Inali spoke of Minka’s ultimatum, but Naia only barely registered the new information. All of the recent news was finally settling into place; Inali’s banishment, her deception concerning Yuka, Cut rock River’s move.. and Naia could finally see that her world had crashed to pieces around her. Her gut wrenched and her breathing quickened, but Naia did not let her sobs escape just yet. “I’m glad you have somewhere safe to go.. but I cannot visit you there, nor are you welcome anywhere the River resides.”  The woman’s voice trembled, raw with emotion. Inali had broken pack law when she had to choose between the law and the ones she loved and cared for.. but that was where the two of them were different. Inali was the sweet air in her lungs and the raft that kept her afloat in this existence, but Naia would willingly suffocate and drown before breaking the Baranski’s confidence.

“I- I can’t see you anymore,” Naia said, voice rising as the reality set in. She backed away from Inali in pain and dismay. “Not unless.. Things get mended.. You have to fix things with Minka.” Her words were coming out frantically, and tears had finally squeezed their way out to fall in a steady stream down her cheeks. ”Please,” Naia begged, “Just do that for me.. and then we can.. be together.. We can stay in the River, or go..“ Her sentences were somewhat broken as she tried to speak between heaving breaths, but she was certain her message was clear. If Inali did this for her, Naia would give her whatever she desired. It was another ultimatum, and Naia had no idea how Inali would react. Her breathing suddenly slowed, and her voice fell to a hushed whisper.   “I would be your mate, if you would have me. And we could do... anything.” Sincere golden eyes held Inali’s gaze unfalteringly.
(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2015, 03:51 PM by Naia.)
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Hope you don't mind that I'm fading this for us! Just wanted to wrap it up. Im sorry I took ages!! :'(

Her lover’s words pained her, but Inali knew she was only speaking truth. There was no way Maksim and his mate would allow a ‘traitor’ like her to come upon their lands, no matter what her relationship was with their loyal scout. Inali would never make Naia choose between her loyalty and her, because she knew the River wolves would win every time. Naia was loyal to her very core. But though she knew this, and had thought she had accepted these facts, Naia’s words that officially broke the tie between them made her take a step back. Her eyes widened in shock, and then filled with pain. Naia continued, but Inali was barely listening. She had come to today to seek her lover’s comfort and advice, but along with hearing her searing truths, Naia had only deepened her pain by breaking their bond.

When she had lost Simaea, her pain had been great, but it had never felt like this.

But...but I'm terrified that if we begin something...and you leave...it will end up shattering me."

That day had been so, so long ago. But the words rang true, that was exactly how she felt. Her heart felt so broken and mangled, and the pain made it heart to breathe, to think. The petite she wolf seemed to have frozen, but she knew she had to give Naia’s pleading gaze an answer. What could she do? What would she do? Nina and Minka were in no way allies, and for the foreseeable future, that seemed like an ideal that wouldn’t change. With effort, she lifted her pained gaze to connect with Naia’s own. Oh, how she wanted to say yes. She yearned to promise her lover that her ultimatum would be met. But, Nina’s warm gaze appeared in her mind and she knew she could not ask this of the queen. At least, not yet. Minka needed time to let go of her anger and betrayal, but who knew if she ever would. Time was what Inali needed as well. ”I..I need time, Naia. If I seek Minka now…” Her words trailed off, but she was sure Naia would get the point. Minka still felt angry and betrayed, and it would do no good for Inali to cause more trouble. It was all she could do, but even as she said the words, she felt cold inside. Not wanting to see any more pain, or worse, hate cloud her lover’s features, the she wolf turned and walked away. When she was almost out of the cedar woods, she couldn’t help but turn back. She had lost everything now. The heartbroken she wolf turned to make her journey towards the thickets. Nothing would ever be the same again.

{Fade}