(See All?) Announcements
992 Users Online
Google, Bing, Magg, Constantin

open arms
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by bangshinki who has 28 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Miro Trevelyan
Miro ran, his long legs burning and speeding past all the obstacles in his way. His tongue hung out, every fiber of his body wanting to bound forward and run and run until his legs give out under him. To the thin male, running was not just his hobby. It was more like his stress reliever. He loved the feeling of the wind blowing into his face, his thick gray pelt pressed against his bones, and the noise of the various wildlife that would whiz by. As he closed his eyes, he felt his muscles ripple and move faster. He leaped across a log, his face breaking into a smirk. Now this was the life. He would give anything to feel this every single day of his life.

If only he could go faster and faster and faster until he could fly and laugh at the tiny little wolves-

Ouch. His smile faded and Miro was on the ground, his face having some one-on-one time with the cold ground, and his legs tangled under himself. "What have I ever done to you!" Miro screamed on impulse, his chest heaving up and done, panting heavily. "IF ONLY-"

Miro sighed heavily, his legs aching as he slowly got up and his head felt a little too heavy for his body. He took a deep breath to calm myself, and he smiled gently, as if the tree was his own child. "Have you made me that crazy for you, you beautiful tree that I'm now talking to you?" He said in a sudden sing-song voice, his legs still trying to get a hold of themselves and Miro felt like they would break under his own very weight.

The young male was often called "crazy" or pyscho when he was younger by other pups in other packs, when he was younger, for talking to himself. His parents often brought him to so-called "peace-missions", they would call it, but in reality, it was just his pack asking for alliances with stronger and united packs.

Miro slowly formed a grin, his tongue dangling out of his mouth, his long tail brushing the ground below him, the oh-so heavenly ground. "At least you reminded me to stop." He chuckled, shaking his head, so much that his brain could have popped out. "I might've ran until I reached the end of the world and fell off."

He slowly started again, his long dangly legs going the most natural motion they know (maybe the only one they know), but his pace was slowed down by a ten-fold. "Where could I run if I fell off of the earth?" He mused, amber eyes burning . "Would Mars welcome me?"
(This post was last modified: Oct 02, 2013, 03:55 AM by Miro.)

Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

my skin has turned to porcelain
• NAIRA AQUILA •
to ivory, to steel

They would be on their way back to the Pass soon, she knew, but with the recent heavy rains she didn’t want to risk relying on a migration that may not come to fill her stores for the winter. Her movements were steady and fluid, her tawny coat blending seamlessly with the slowly turning foliage of the forest that surrounded her. The earth here was soft and spongy beneath her leathery pads - so different from the rocky terrain of her kingdom, but familiar none the less. The trees may have been strangers, but the ground sang sweet memories of home.

The silence was broken with a crash and a shout. Instantly on guard, the monarch turned toward the strangers cacophony, uncertain if they were singular or many, yet not afraid.

Where could I run if I fell off the earth?

Lanky. Nondescript. Young. This was not her land but neither was it his. @Mapplethorpe and his consistent attentions over the prior months had instilled a great confidence in the feral queen and she was no longer one to take off her crown outside of her own home. Everyone should know she was a wolf to be respected - from her healthy weight to her lustrous coat, it was clear she was a pack wolf and at the top of the totem pole at that.

Her approach was confident, head held high and tail held level with her spine, cautious but confident. Her experiences with younger wolves had always been hit and miss but she was not deterred. Her golden eyes were cool as they swept over the younger wolf, a small smirk pulling at the edges of her lips, daring to answer the rhetorical. “I doubt it.” Then daringly she added “But we might.”

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive VIII. Lowest
Miro Trevelyan
[OOC: I really like your writing style! I really want to improve mine, haha.]

Miro's lips curled up nervously, as it was the male's habit, and his long legs forced him to turn around and face the stranger who had witnesses his embarrassing fall. It was a female, somewhat larger than him, her thick tawny pelt hung off her body gracefully like a coat, and her gold eyes seemed to drill holes wherever she looked. Her stance was confident, her long bushy tail held high, clearly a sign that she was a pack wolf. If that wasn't enough, she had a healthy looking body, and only a fool wouldn't know she wasn't a pack wolf.

He immediately bowed his head, and lowered his stance, knees bending as he addressed the lady. "My lady." He spoke softly, a sharp contrast to what he yapped about a few moments earlier. Miro had pride, no matter what anybody said, and it just didn't quite show when he was by himself. Respect is given, when respect is due. His knees lowered his whole body and his bright amber eyes looked into the females.

I doubt it. But we might.

Miro took in the words for a moment, his eyes flickering from to the lady to his mud-stained paws. Was she talking about him? He grinned as the trees swayed in the back, the shadows of the dancing trees darkening the path in which the two wolves lay. The male brought himself up slightly, his tail bobbing up and down behind him as the wind blew mildly. Miro shivered, chuckling in a low voice, his sharp, handsome features etched in the same type of happiness that he always had when he ran. Was he this happy to finally see another living soul? That actually talked?

"Why do I feel like you're mentally laughing at me?" He joked comfortably, his eyes shining in their signature sad twinkle.

Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
I'm a bit hit and miss... sorry this is crap.

my skin has turned to porcelain
• NAIRA AQUILA •
to ivory, to steel

Her stance relaxed some when no challenge was forthcoming. Her ears tipped back comfortably and her eyes softened with a more genuine smile. The wolf before her was young yet but at least he had manners. At you? No.” she admitted genuinely taking a casual step forward, her neck outstretched to breathe his scent more deeply. Certainly alone and not smelling of the woods that surrounded them, he was as out of place here as she. Her tail stretched behind her in a languid wave of welcome. Not longer one for words she let her body do the talking. She wasn’t going to eat him alive. Yet.

“I just don’t believe in coincidence.”

Confident should the boy decide to turn on her that she would be able to manage none the less, the tawny leader bought her rump to the ground in a relaxed fashion, making it clear in no uncertain terms that she was in no rush to leave. She needed to feel the young wolf out more certainly before she would make her offer. If she decided to do so. Rhysis may be gone but he had taught her some valuable lessons in judging character none the less, and already her mind was twirling like a whirlgig. “You seem to be a long way from home...” she tempted carefully, waiting to see if he would freely offer up the information or if she would need to probe deeper.

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive VIII. Lowest
Miro Trevelyan
if yours is crap, then what is mine? :D

I just don't believe in coincidence... You seem to be a long way from home.

Long way from home? That was a understatement. He was incredibly far from home, and his paws and legs bore witness. Miro let out a deep chuckle, his body relaxing as the larger female, sat down. His eyes wandered the surroundings, scanning it one last time as he took in the words coming from her mouth. The male had always had a problem of not looking wolves in the eye. He just thought it as a burden and he was always worried that the latter would take in the wrong way.

As usual, his eyes strayed at her feet, his head flickering up and down to look at the female in the eye for a split second. As the trees swayed lightly in the background, his feet swayed with them, in rhythm with the large branches. He bit his lip, suppressing the movement of his feet as they moved, prancing up and down without his body really moving at all. It was his weird other habit, if there was any more room to spare.

"You could say that, m'am." His voice rumbled in his throat, somewhat scratchy from under use. He cleared his throat, letting out a short cough. It's quite funny how traveling alone can make your very own birth tongue, sound foreign in so many ways.

"I was in pack, just like you, my lady. And I once was so-called royalty as well." Miro bowed his head once and grinned at the older and larger lady, his feet dancing a tittup. His voice echoed in his ears, the sound of the wind singing their song, and the sound of the stranger etching a memory into his brain. He had to make a mental note of when he met someone of his kind in this strange new land.