(See All?) Announcements
624 Users Online
Bing, Google, Paeryl

Great Expectations — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
    we are all decieving, lost, and bleeding.

The copper colored lady found the distance easy enough, if it weren't for her company each step might have antagonized her. The ink, long coated gentleman, despite not exchanging too many of words, kept her mind off her beaten frame. It was pleasant to be out among the world, doing something. It had to be good to move, hadn't it.. And the promise to see a different part of the lands, put her all in an even better mood. She had been long on the mountain, and walking through the lands beneath it was a fresh outlook to her. Her world had become a high kingdom, here she was brought down to earth quite literally. A far cozier world, instead of one place above the rest.

Mindful of paws placement, she would cast a glance to her companion with an expectant gaze, wondering sometimes if they were near this place. When it occurred to her not yet, she'd continue quietly waiting, picturing what the Fireweed Rise would appear as. The name indicated red, and she wondered it were a form of rocks sticking from the earth like tombstones.

The evening coming upon them she was ready to rest when she saw the rush of crimson rising above, cut differently than the brilliant green. Breaths muffled, bright eyes took in nature's scene. This was the Fireweed Rise, and it was a beautiful scene. Her long tail once wagged, and head titled to Inkheart wanting to see his face as he too looked upon the land. After a moment's pause, a playful bark erupted the quiet from her cream jaws, and she ran as best she could up the incline through the wildflower.

Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> Whether or not he had ever thought that he would connect with someone so much and gain a respectable pack member was completely unforeseen. Truthfully he had assumed that he would have to desperately persuade people and drag them in between his teeth but he had actually done it like a civilized person. Their walk was simply quiet and alluring, something that Inkheart had never experienced even if he usually spent his time alone.
Before he could ask if she saw it she had already started off in a hurry towards their desired destination. It was somewhat exciting that she took to it so quickly and a little depressing that she was limp-running but he saw it as a good opportunity. The land truly looked beautiful as he walked up the hill to see the flood of red drape over the land like a wildfire. There was just enough wooded area to shelter them and enough meadow for wildlife and whatever else others might want. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">Do you like it?

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Inactive No Rank

It was a small rush, the made wind pushing against her copper hair as she climbed. The catch of cool air was sweet with the redflower's perfume, and she stopped at the top taking in the rest of the view. It was just as beautiful here, as it had been below. There was open ground, and gathered timbers for cover. She hadn't known what to expect, she was not dissapointed. "It's breathtaking," she responded while her eyes continued looking around the crimson landscape.

He had asked if she liked it, not what she thought. An ear swiveled, and she turned her snout in his direction. "I do," she answered directly, a wisp of a smile on her cream lips. Head turned back, and butterscotch eyes studied the nearby woods. "It would be a good home, if we can find water close." She was trying to be pratical, but sure there had to be a source somewhere close. She wondered what he thought, she was much liking his company, and other's outlooks, and opinions always interested her.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> Inkheart watched her dance away in the Fireweeds without a care in the world, announcing her presence to the newly acquainted land. It was thrilling to see her throw caution to the wind so easily and while she did this and from the moment that she turned her face to look at him did he feel a strange rush. It was something he used to know very well but after almost a year of never acquiring he was foreign to it. The single feeling was that of his loins—feeling the desire because she was in a state of happiness.
In all his craziest dreams he had never imagined selling himself short and being with a woman that was generally out of his type but what he desired was what he wanted. His attractions to some women—Amelie and Vela to name a few—were always short as both had left and never repaid his affections but he felt that maybe Skylah could be of use to him. Inkheart moved closer towards her, their bodies touching as he pulled up beside her and inhaled the Plateau scent that was drifting away with every moment spent away. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“Skylah,” he through his head down only to pull his eyes back up to stare at hers with care. The urge to ask her to be his Queen in their new pack was evident in his mind but right now he simply wanted to relieve the intimate connection that egged him on.
(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2011, 10:40 PM by Inkheart.)

Inactive No Rank

Close contact was unexpected, and her body flinched against the solid form of him. It was no more than half a second twitch, and she was standing steady feeling what might have been her heart restarting. That was indeed odd, and brows softly set against her eyes, turning to see his fiery eyes gazing up from his dark mask into hers. Lips gently parted, but her name was on his tongue. She looked deeper into the swirls of bright orange unsure what she saw, but a different kind of chill was striking her bones. Part of her mind was brushing it off, the other lost to wondering.

"Yes, Inkheart?" She inquired in a hushed tone, wondering what went behind the black facade, and afraid to break some invisible connection. Though much of her was tempted to shatter the inclosed shell of it, she was unsure of intentions, and didn't want to come off with the wrong expression to him or from him. Skylah had not quite been in this state before, or not for so long it was rather foreign. She hide, or more ignored her the nervous flutterings in her stomach, and waited for his next move.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
<b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;"> In just a single moment he was inexplicably weak and vulnerable with emotions but once he realized just a few moments would do to him, his mental block came on. Suddenly he felt his emotions pulled back in as he realized that it would have been wrong—doing anything to disrupt the balance between himself and Skylah would forever damage the future that they were trying to put out together.
She needed a new home and he needed a home to build so that he served under no one except his judgment. Besides, he told himself, Skylah was not the trophy wife that he knew of. He was a man of simple beauty and she was not that—black or white were colors he admired but not the color of mud and dirt. Her personality was sure and strong, friendly and kind but being weak was something he was not able to do.
So he cleared his throat and lifted his head, finding himself standing on flat ground again. <b style="font-size:12px; font-family:georgia;">“I’m glad that we are doing this… y’know… together,” he could feel the saliva in his mouth growing stronger and swallowed silently hoping that everything that he felt in just a few seconds would go away and be forever ignored and forgotten.

Inactive No Rank
<i>so so so so, sorry to hold you up here. try not to do that again :X</i>
    we are all deceiving, lost, and bleeding.

The moment, whatever it had been left, or so she felt. Slowly she nodded her head in agreement. "Me to," she confirmed aloud, looking out into the stretch of the fauna, red sea. She was glad to have something to look forward to, something to do, have a try at making a new pack. It wasn't like she'd known Alexander well when she'd decided to join his pack on the mountain, and she saw this opportunity as no different. Nothing was really permanent was it...

Breaths came normal, she listened to his while looking in the distance. Through the trees she could see the tilt of sunlight sinking into the west, and she felt the toll of her travels upon her shoulders. It was time to rest if she was ever going to make a full recovery.

Head titled to the side, butterscotch eyes looking into his vibrant gaze. "Ink, I think it'd be best if I rest now so this walk doesn't kick me too hard tomorrow," she said, a slow tail wag. She wasn't sure where, and her eyes started prying around the growing shadow looking for a nice nook. She spotted a fallen log in a nearby hillside, and giving a soft nudge to his shoulder slowly began walking to further inspect.