979 Users Online
Google, Bing

Miss Atomic Bomb — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 97 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
@Karpos

Darkly furred ears pricked as Karp sat back, looking at her with a tilted head, before explaining where he had been the past winter. The corners of her lips almost twitched up into a grin at his mention of meeting another pup, a girl, who offered him a home if he needed one. But her… happy spirits of her brother finding another pup of the opposite sex did not last long as she looked back into her own memory. The only pup, of both genders, she had ever met was Karp, which was quite sad. But the events had not left any time for meeting new wolves, it was either try hard to survive, or die.

Adsila’s heart clenched in her chest at her first friend’s name that wasn’t her brother. So many wolves that she had loved like family had left, whether it be intentionally or not, and for the whole of winter she had hated them all. But now she only just realized that they had left because Pitch Pine Trail had started crumbling, and they did not want to be left alone during winter with no one to help them through it. Her silvery green eyes followed Karp’s motion with his muzzle to the forest below, where the trees were all gnarled and haunted-looking. Nose wrinkling slightly, she looked back at her brother with a slightly raised eyebrows, she couldn’t believe anyone wanted to live there.

Smiling, she sat down, mirroring her brother in his stance. “It’s nice to see you’re out there meeting new wolves,” she said softly. A thoughtful look crossed her face as Karp asked her where she had been. “Well, I guess it starts when I…ran away from home, from everything that had happened, it was all too much for me to handle. Ace found and persuaded me to go back home, but when we returned, everyone had gone. We made our way to Magnolia Glen where they accepted us, and here I am now.” The Young Slayer finished with a grim smile, thinking of how close she had been to death, and how much she owed her life to the pale leaders.

360 Words
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
I refuse to let him leave

Karpos listened as she went on about how she had ran away from the trail and it had stung his heart. She had run away from him and the rest of her family. Should he tell her? How was he even to break the news. They never gave up looking for us Adsila. Even now they still look for you.... when Anastasia found out that none of the adults knew where we were she went to find us herself... trying to cross the mountains in the middle of winter to know that we were safe and... she's missing still. The snow ate her up and devoured her as she frantically looked for us. She was like a mother to me... I don't know how close you two were though. She died searching for the children she considered her own.

Karpos had wanted to believe that she had survived, really he did but he had learned to think realistically in his time in the Keep. There was no way she could have survived on that mountain and Karpos knew that he hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to the mother he loved so much. Rosealia may have delivered them but she was no mother. Anastasia was his mother. He couldn't even stress how important she had been on his life. She had been there right up until she left and his anger had stemmed from the fear of losing her and his uncle. He never should have let her go, then maybe she wouldn't be dead.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
You get my 60th post of the month @Karpos! :D

Ears splaying to the side, head turning to the side so she didn’t have to look at his face, the Young Slayer listened to her brother as he spoke. She hadn’t known that they were all searching for her and Karp, as she had believed they all left her. But at the mention of Anastasia, who had cared for them like her own, on the mountain during a snowstorm, and not returning, she felt guilt bubble up inside. Though they hadn’t been close as she despised her for taking over her birth mothers job (who she hated too for leaving them for dead) she now wished she could have made it up to her, apologized for her actions, and tell the woman how much she meant to Adsila. But it was too late; she was gone.

Glancing to her brother, she bit her lip, tail curling around her paws uneasily. “Karp, If I had known… I wouldn’t have left… I’m sorry, please, forgive me brother.” Looking at him with pleading eyes, Adsila hoped he would exonerate her for all the wrong she had done in the past, as she had already done with him. Everything had happened so quickly, and she hadn’t had time to sort everything out, so she did what she could to escape it all, but it had only ended in the presumed death of her adoptive mother, who had tried so hard to befriend the Young Slayer, but she herself had rejected the attempts and only pushed her away.

The scent of a deer nearby caught her attention, and twitching her nose, she turned her head and spotted it in the distance, but close enough to reach. Her mouth watering in anticipation, she turned back to Karpos, a silent question in her eyes. She hadn’t eaten for almost two days, and was starving for anything to eat, but she also wanted to share it with her brother.

321 Words
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
This natural selection picked me out to be
Karpos Slayer
A dark horse running in a fantasy

Karpos felt bad that he had made Adsi feel bad. He was just trying to take out his anger without doing something incredibly stupid. Karp shook his head at her apology. "You don't have anything to be sorry about. It's my fault. I should have kept you safe. I should have made sure you were okay before leaving. I should have found you before giving up home." Karpos said as he gave his sister a nuzzle to her neck in an attempt to comfort her. She had nothing to be sorry about. She was his sister and he should have done more. "I found out from Uncle Lachesis. She was looking for me too." Karpos offered with a frown. So long had he blamed it on himself.

He knew he had to be heading back to Hollowheart Keep and he was dreading doing it. "I have to go Adsi. I have a border patrol soon and I'll miss my shift. I'll be over the mountain to visit you very soon. Very soon." He promised as he gave his sister a wolf version of a hug. "I'll miss you. I always have and always will." He said before turning and running towards the Keep and their borders. He had no idea how much things were going to change. He had no idea how fast things were going to change. He had no idea how hurt he would be. He just was going to be a loyal guardian and he would indeed be seeking her out very soon. She would he one of his last hopes.

-Exit-

(This post was last modified: Apr 27, 2014, 01:33 AM by Karpos.)
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer

A smile lit up her dejected features as her brother, her protector, her only family left tried to put the blame all on himself. But truthfully, they were both to blame for their actions, and so she kept silent, bot wanting to have them continually say they were to blame for all the events happening, even though most of it had been out of their paws. Her eyes widened as Karp spoke of Lachesis looking for him. She hadn’t known him very well, but knew how much the yearling – now an adult – meant to her brother, and if she ever met the pale wolf again, she would try and make peace with him, for Karp’s sake.

But as he said that he had to go, a look of sadness crossed her face. She knew it was inevitable, but they had only just found each other again. Nuzzling him once more as he gave her a wolf-hug, she whispered softly to him before he left, “promise me you will come back.” Watching as he turned and ran down the mountain to his pack, she waited until he was too far away for her to smell and see before turning to the carcass and eating her fill. Usually she would have brought it back to the pack, but it was too far for her to carry or drag, and so once she was full she headed down the other side of the mountain, back to her own pack, where she would go back to the duties of being a pack wolf. Without Karpos.

261 Words

{Finished}