Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Viorel

Unexpected Encounters — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Xiaoge who has 35 posts.
Inactive
Cornelia Saer
@Kajika

Cornelia

As she stopped to catch her breath, she looked back down. The distance she had travelled today was starting to wear her down, for now. The healthy green tree tops peaked up from her position, if she looked further she could even see the reds of Red Fern Forest. The woman licked her lips at the thought of the rabbit she had hunted down. She would have to live on that for a bit, at least she assumed so when she looked up to the mountains. Who knows Miss Fortune would smile upon her and leave a carcass in her path. Or a weak ram to hunt down, although Cornelia couldn’t say she was very fond of mountains. The memory of her lost family was old and vague but the unease she felt in her chest never seemed to cease whenever she passed through the higher grounds.

On a little passage hidden from immediate sight, Cornelia tucked her tail next to her legs as she lay down. Rest was important, like the old man used to say whenever she overdid her exercises. Grion would always encourage hard work and effort, if she had heard anything from the older students Grion had took under his wing. He used to scold and yell more to work harder, imagine the shock when the grim Guard actually forced her to rest. It was a great yet hard lesson to learn. But now she could understand why she had to take a breath once in a while. If she had to say so for herself, her stamina was great. Almost on par with her strength, but once it was empty it took her several hours –sometimes days- to catch her breath. Therefor she now lay her head down on her legs. She could just rest for an hour or two and continue travelling over the mountain. If she rested now and after she crossed the biggest part of this mountain she could rest again. Leaving this part was her biggest priority right now. Cornelia questioned if she would catch any sleep while she was on mountain ground. Probably not, but the timber wolf still closed her eyes for the world. Not really to sleep but at least to calm her body and mind.

"Speech."
Maybe I walked this long way by myself
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika’s search for something to add to the pack’s cache had taken him further than he intended to go but he didn’t see it as a completely bad thing.  He remembered the last time he’d been on the mountain and meeting Veho.  That was perhaps one of his more luckier days considering not only had the medicine wolf helped him off the mountain but he had become a valued friend as well.  He hoped that things had turned out in Veho’s favor after their last conversation and wondered if perhaps he should check in on his friend to see how he was.  Though he wasn’t sure that he would be able to leave pack lands for as long as that might take.  There was still the slight matter of Namid, Kajika felt that Veho and Namid had the right to know that their sibling wasn’t that far away but he still wasn’t sure how to broach that subject.

Though he did not think that he would find very much on the mountain in the way of something that he could bring back to the cache he did not think that it would hurt for him to look just in case.  Trotting at a steady pace up one of the paths he soon caught the scent of another wolf, a female.  He wondered where she might be which he didn’t have to wonder long.  The further up the path he went the stronger her scent became and soon he came across her.  When he did finally find her she seemed to be asleep, he paused and sniffed the air approaching cautiously.  He didn’t want to wake her afraid she might take it badly but he also wasn’t sure that it was safe for her to be sleeping where she was.  Finally he made up his mind, “Hello,” he said quietly hoping he wouldn’t spook her too badly.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 27, 2015, 12:05 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive
Cornelia Saer
Cornelia

Visual closed off from the world, every sound seemed to be louder. The little pebbles that fell down in the deep. The wind that was obnoxiously loud up, a good thing that she wouldn’t stay up in the mountains for too long. She would slowly be eaten by her own annoyance and snap at the first and best stranger she would meet. Which is not the best survival technique, if she had to say so herself. In the past she wouldn’t be such a grumpy woman. Yes, she knew she was behaving like a sour meatball. But right now she felt she had the right to be one, for god’s sake her own home had betrayed her less than two moons ago. Because of one male her whole life had to start again. She was already three, some people were adventurers by heart but she was not one of them. She wanted to stay settled, have a pack that was her family, dote on the Alpha’s pups and learn them about body control and fighting techniques. She wanted a simple life but apparently even a simple life was too much to ask for. The sound of nails on hard rock turned one of her ears forward. The air smelled like wolf, a stranger of course. Only strangers even if Cornelia wasn’t sure if she was happy with them or not. The thought of seeing one of her old pack gave her grim thoughts, and if someone had survived from the landslide she would be either too shocked or confused to feel anything else. At least the wolves who inhabited this real didn’t trigger any emotional garbage in her brain. That was maybe their only positive thing. The steps grew louder, which was an extravagation but without her sight she was more cautious than before. Cornelia didn’t regret her short break, even if it let her look vulnerable. They would whine differently once she would have their neck between her jaws as she would slowly choke them to death or simply rip their airways to sheds. Cornelia ignored the urge to snort and went for an non-visible eye roll.

The steps halted and she could smell the strong presence of the wolf. It was not just his own scent, the wild mix of several others gave a hint that this male might be a pack wolf, or a really big social butterfly for that matter. But the latter seemed the most logical. There was a tense silence, although the stranger might not feel that tense since it was obviously thinking she was sleeping. That or the wolf was a creep like that other weird stranger she had met a few days ago. That guy was something else..

The silence was broken by a quiet greeting that made her almost laugh. Here she had her whole body tensing, ready to jump and bite like a snake, to hear a simple hello. Cornelia opened her eyes, faster than anyone who would be sleeping could. Clear brown orbs stared coldly at the dark stranger in front of her. This realm had something with dark wolves, but maybe it was just her misfortune. Though she did know she should stop to discriminate wolves by their pelt. Look, this guy had some browns, or something. This time the timber woman couldn’t keep herself from snorting out loud as she stood up. She didn’t think this guy would attack her, he would have done so long ago before saying such a timid hello. Instead she took the liberty to stretch and shake her pelt from any dust, all done with one eye focused on the male. ‘Greetings, and you are?’  She cut straight to the point as she kept staring unnerving at the darker male.  

"Speech."
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika's thoughts were full of the things that he could bring back to the cache and he hoped that he had a much luckier afternoon than his morning had been.  At the rate he was going he wasn't going to be bringing anything back to the pack and that was rather disappointing.  The mountain wasn't a place where he expected to find anything that he could take back but it didn't hurt to look.  There could be a carcass or something that would work thought he didn't really like the idea of bringing a carcass back to his pack every little bit helped and that carcass could make the difference if it came down to it.  H trotted along the path that led up the mountain watching where he placed his feet as he went.  Having been there before he knew what the trails were like so he remained careful since he did intend on returning back to pack lands that evening.

However when the scent of another reached his nostrils he worried that perhaps she might be in the same position he had been in not too long ago. At least this time he had a better idea of the area and could help her if she was in fact in need of it.  He could offer her the same favor the Veho had given him at that time.  When he finally did find her he thought that she might be asleep and that worried him a bit since he did not think that mountain was a proper place at all to sleep even for a short time.  His quiet greeting however seemed to have gotten a snort out of her, this put him off a bit but he still did not know if she needed help.  Finally she had gotten up Kajika watching her the whole time being that she seemed a bit rough around the edges he didn't fully trust that she wouldn't attack him, he was kind not stupid.  "Kajika," he stated when she spoke asking who he was, "And you?" he questioned.

He did smile a bit to himself as she reminded him of what Des was like the first time that he had met her.  She had warmed up to him and they were now close friends.  He felt that this woman may or may not become a friend but whatever she did need, if she did, he would try to help her.  It was the least that he could do and if that made him late getting home then so be it, "What brings you up here?" He finally asked her curious about her purpose not only on the mountain but this close to his pack lands, he did have to think about that now after all.  He could not help her and have that end up biting him in the rump later on now could he.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 28, 2015, 11:50 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive
Cornelia Saer
Cornelia

Kajika, easy on the tongue and easy to remember. In case Kajika would feel the need to screw her over, or in case she would meet the male in a friendlier occasion. The latter seemed unexpected but life had the tendency to throw unexpected scenarios into her life. ‘Cornelia.’ She answered shortly after his questioned, knowing it was coming after her own request for his name. Although it might have been more a demand than a real request. A small smile bloomed on the black lips of Kajika, she tilted her head with a questioning stare. Why was the man smiling? She assumed it was not her name that brought a smile on the male’s face. Unless her name was ridiculously hilarious in Kajika’s eyes -in that case she would seriously question his sense of humour- or maybe her name or her person reminded him of someone. Cornelia looked away from the smiling sight, it felt like she was intruding in someone’s private moment without her wanting to. Instead she looked over at the rock walls that had shielded them for the wind. Soon she would leave these mountains behind, hopefully finding an way to cross from East to West without going through this mountain pass. If she would stay her, that is. She honestly had no idea if she would keep hanging around. So far she had met a few wolves, none were expected or even welcomed but she had to say she became slightly more used to the high population around here. What was she going to do anyway? She was crossing this mountain but that was only the plan today and tomorrow. Whatever happened thereafter was as black as her killed King.

Cornelia turned her head once more to Kajika. Now he spoke to her she felt less intruding and she could see a curious glint in the other man’s eyes. She shrugged, ‘Simply passing through, I don’t have any plans.’ She said truthfully. ‘You come from a pack.’ So much for a question but she would be sincerely surprised if the guy was not part of some kind of group. The scents that came off him were mixed with many scents but it was certain quite a few were from other wolves. She wasn’t sure what she wanted with the information. From Drestig she knew that there were at least two packs on the East side of this mountain. So maybe Kajika was a ‘’timber pooch’’ like the black male had called them. Or he was from a whole different pack. None of that really interested her right now but it would help her avoiding the dangerous zones. She wasn’t eager to have an angry pack after her tail because she was unaware of their position and crossed some kind of invisible line. It wasn’t uncommon for some packs to kidnap and hold slaves, crazy stories but true nonetheless. She was no slave and never will be. Avoid trouble when you can. Cornelia grimaced as she stared at the other. He obviously was cautious in her presence and so was she in his. ‘For your knowledge, if you attack me I will return the favour without hesitating.’

"Speech."
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Cornelia was not a name he’d heard the likes of even in this place where he’d heard some fairly strange names, by his standards anyway.  “It’s a pleasure,’ he stated politely.  Thoughts of Des and the day they’d first met filled his mind momentarily bringing a smile to his maw.  He remembered how she had been at first and how he had finally won her over and he remembered their hunt together.  However he was sure that wasn’t what had made them the friends they were today but he had to push those thoughts away and face the female in front of him.  He let his eyes drift across her form, sizing her up as she was a rather curious thing.  For instance why anyone would chose this place of all places to stop and rest.  Even on this mountain there had to be better places of shelter then where they were standing.  Though he wasn’t one to judge he still felt is something to be question.  There was also the question of what had made her so course.

Even still there were more important questions that he needed answers for to ensure that she was not going to be a threat to himself or his pack.  Even on the mountain he knew that she could pose a threat just as he could have if those had been his intentions.  “I say this isn’t exactly the safest route to take,” he stated glancing in the direction he had been heading before turning his gaze back to her. As for her not having any plans, that was good news to his ears.  Her question to him though he supposed was not surprise, “I do,” he stated, “Is that something that you might be interested in?” He questioned curiously.  He knew what life was like on one’s own.  He’d lived that life for almost a year or more and while he’d managed to keep himself alive for that time it was still not a life that should be lived for too long and certainly not for this female.  He tilted his head slightly at her next words, so they were up to the warnings bit were they.  “Then you have nothing to worry about for I do not plan to attack you without good reason,” he stated a serious note to his tone, “As far as I am concerned I will offer whatever help to I can if that is what you seek,” he added his tone lighter.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Aug 02, 2015, 06:24 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive
Cornelia Saer
Cornelia

Cornelia looked from Kajika to the path she was currently taking. Damnit this was why she didn’t go into mountains. You never knew where to go and what would be the best way because everything looked bloody the same. A slight grimace showed on her face as he stated the bad news. ‘What path would you recommend? Like you see I’m not familiar with this place.’ She wasn’t sure if he would actually tell her the right way, maybe he was simply sending her off the right track. But he had little reason to do so, although it was still a question if Kajika would answer her questions. They weren’t exactly on friendly terms, but who knows maybe he felt generous today.

A short laugh barked out of her throat. Yet it didn’t sound happy or amused. She, in a pack, right now. Definitely not, she would never give her loyalty to any pack right now without straightly lying to their faces that she trusted them. She was slightly screwed in the head, perhaps, but she was not leeching of a pack as long as she felt this way. Call it stupid but she treasured the term of pack, it equaled family in her head. Even if others would spit, laugh and try to turn that around for her. She was not going to piss over the packs that sincerely tried to keep a family together. And therefor she would not join anything until she felt like she found her new home. ‘I might, but not right now. I’m afraid I’ll remain rogue for a unknown time.’ She settled with a humorless smile. She felt a pang of sadness as she thought of herself aimlessly wandering forever, searching for a home. But this wasn’t time to feel sorry for herself, nor show weakness to a stranger with a name.

‘Hmm,’ she hummed lightly as the two finally got into a agreement. He offered his help willingly, but she wondered what she could do to return the favor. She was a fair woman, eye for an eye. Her dark orbs fell upon the male’s body. The large physique but a friendly face pasted upon the beast. ‘Fancy a spar before telling me the fastest way across the mountain? My muscles ache for some play time.’ The black lips slowly curled in a smirk as Cornelia looked at the black male with a challenging gaze. ‘Maybe I’ll give you a pointer or two.’  

"Speech."
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The question of which path was the right one could be a difficult one considering the factors that would decide that.  He didn’t know the mountains as well as some he was sure but he had at least some idea of the area and felt certain that he could help the female in front of him.  He did find it slightly interesting that he was now in the position that Veho had been with him only a short time ago.  Shoving that thought to the back of his mind he turned his attention back to the question that had been asked him, “The path that I recommend would depend on the direction that you are heading, Did you have one in mind?” There was a time when he had been able to say that he was not familiar with the area and was grateful for the help that Veho had offered.  By helping this woman he hoped that she would make it through the mountains safely.

Kajika did not know what Cornelia was looking for but if it was a pack then he could at least give her some information about his to help in whatever decisions she might need to make.  Her short laugh however caused his head to tilt slightly to the side and then her answer came.  She wasn’t looking for a pack just then.  “That’s quite understandable,” he stated, “But when you are feel free to seek me out I might be able to help if you are interested.”  The decision in joining a pack was not an easy one he knew from experience. Having had to make the choice himself he felt that he could at least offer some information about his pack or advice that might help her. For now he would not press since he knew that it was something that she would have to sort out for herself.

It seemed they had come to an understanding which Kajika was glad about since he didn’t want to have to fight her if he didn’t have to.  She however suggested a spar which caused a smile to cross his lips, “I would like that.  It’s not often that I get to spar,” he told her.  The last spar that he had was with Des and it would be good to spar with someone else and perhaps maybe learn a few things. “I would be happy to hear whatever pointers you are willing to give.”

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2015, 05:42 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive
Cornelia Saer
Cornelia

Cornelia looked at the high mountain peaks still above her head even though she already stood upon the damned rock. What was beyond this place was a guess but why would she wander in a place filled with packs. Drestig’s pack was there plus the ‘’Timber Pooches’’ which was already two packs too much in her opinion. Then you had this damn mountain, it was anybody’s guess why you would live on a damn rock. There was hardly prey in the neighborhood and landslides trying to kill you by every careless step. No Kajika could keep his little rocky home. Of course she wouldn’t say as much, instead she shrugged. ‘I don’t really care where I end, it will be unfamiliar either way. The fastest way out of here, please.’ A wry smile graced her brown maw as she looked at Kajika. Had they met years ago they might have been friends, he would have been someone she would hunt with in the past. Unfortunately this was not the situation, she was not searching for pals, partners or packs. She was alone, and that was how life wanted it.

The woman tilted her head slightly at his offer. It was… nice of him to say she could call on him any time. They hadn’t exactly the most warming conversation, they still hadn’t and she didn’t feel like being overly friendly. Maybe his pack had a bit of a count loss. Her calculating mind wouldn’t pass on fresh information. Especially when the information could be useful for future references. ‘Could you tell me something about your pack? For when I have a change of heart.’ Not like she would go to this pack. Rocky mountain and all. She would never be able to sleep. But she might be able to buy some good points with other packs or wolves with selling the information. She was just a rogue, her life was not made for comforts and luxury. And although Kajika was an acquaintance she would not hesitate to use what she had to let her name roll in good favor. A pack in the mountains, anyone on ground level might be oblivious to their existence, and thus valuable information. Cornelia kept herself from smiling and kept her slightly distant but not unfriendly demeanor.

Yet she couldn’t help to show a full Cheshire grin as the man approved to a spar. How long had it been since she had worked her muscles and bit into a wolf. Had nipped the hairs of someone’s fur as she tried to bite into their flesh. Far too long, that was it. And now he volunteered to be her playmate. ‘Alright, let’s do a five roundish spar so we won’t go on and on endlessly. No vital injuries, sorry I don’t feel like getting your pack on my neck.’

"Speech."