910 Users Online
Google, Bing

i'm going to graceland — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
Open to both @Ash and @Mirren, but who will find her first? C:

Set very soon after this thread which I'm making lots of assumptions about how I want it to go

It was so faint but it was there, and she clung to the scent as though if she let go she would fall into a void. It was so delicate, like spider's thread, that she constantly feared that simply touching it would cause it to break, but it did not waver, and she did not waver either. He had come this way, her @Ash, with lots of others too, his pack she assumed - why he would need to evacuate them all she could not know, and her heart ached for whatever had befallen them. No happy thing would cause such an exodus. She could only hope they were all well and safe, but how far had they gone?

Bella was keenly aware of the fact that she could not chase him forever, because she had already spent almost a full day away from the mountain, away from her children, and in her current state she could follow this thread forever. Ash was a light at the end of the tunnel which @Veho had helped her find, and she would be damned if she didn't reach it. But maybe, if they had gone too far, she would be just as damned if she did.

It wasn't healthy to think that way. She had already narrowly missed falling into despair, furious and mournful about @Datura and confused about Ash's whereabouts and anxious for her family, but it would do nobody any good to succumb to that kind of darkness. So she stuck with the trail, letting it consume her and give her hope, all the while ticking away at a small clock in the back of her mind. Just how much time away from the mountain was finding Ash worth? She could not begin to value it. Maybe she would just know when it was time.

Fortunately, life was on her side. The trail came to an end, replaced by something much denser and fresh - pack boundaries. Unmistakable. At first she thought that the stronger scent would overpower her Ash's faint one, until she realised that his was on the border too - which could only mean one thing. Gripped by fervent hope and fixated on the thought that Ash might have brought his family here, she did not register that the borders also contained another curiously familiar scent, and paced restlessly before the borders, staring through the thicket at emptiness, desperately wanting to crash through and find the man she sought. But she wasn't a trespasser.

"Ash?" she called, tentatively at first, then unable to help herself, louder, tilting her head back as the words turned into one long call: "Ash? Ash!"

Played by Allie who has 171 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mirren Tainn
Yessssss!

The gnarled tangle of dying underbrush snagged the ends of his fur as he made his way, traversing the outskirts of the forest dutifully and without a thought about who or what he did or didn't expect to find there. Truth be told, the borders were well guarded and marked, not only by himself but by a number of others, as well. With the recent additions of his own beloved siblings and the Caverns wolves to their ranks, Secret Woodlands had grown and was by all means thriving. Or...thriving in some ways. The recent loss of Daniel had been a blow to them all, and it was surprising even to him that the cub's death had hit so close to home in his own life. He attributed the pronounced feeling of loss to the fact that he couldn't stomach the thought of losing his own child now, and also to the fact that it was absolutely killing him to see Nina suffering again. I was as though every time the woman ─ a saint ─ found some inkling of peace, it was snatched right from her. It wasn't fair, and he hated it.

The weight of those two things had been heavy on his shoulders and in his heart for an endless number of days.

As he always did when his mind was full of thoughts and feelings and memories, Mirren had kept himself busy. Routine daily border patrol, hunting, checking on @Nina, attempting to acquaint with all the new faces, visiting with @Nios as much as possible, playing with Lyanna and keeping tabs on her, making sure Lyanna wasn't pestering her aunt @Vaeta. The days that he had time to himself were fewer and farther between than ever, but today...today just happened to be one of those days. And so the Tainn brooded, and walked, and thought, until at last the forest had nearly come to an end and he thought of heading back home and he thought of turning around and rewalking the stretch from which he'd just came from and he thought─

The voice cut through the air, a crescendo, louder and louder and close. Very close. Having stopped dead in his tracks, a forepaw lifted as his ears pressed forward and he listened intently, he discerned the general direction of the caller and expressly set out to be the first to meet whoever it was. He was not in the mood. So when he stepped out from the treeline that very nearly marked the end of his turf, Mirren was utterly shocked at the sight that met his weary, golden eyes.

He blinked.

"Bella?"

Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
She was a good wolf, good at etiquette and all their polite ways, and never before had she so sorely wished to be anything but. Anxiously she stood, fidgeting, hoping for some sign that her call was heard. How could it not be? He was so plainly here, she could smell it, and she was not so delirious as to mistake that. He would recognise her call, surely, and not ignore it. Her Ash wouldn't do that, he wouldn't, so where was he?

In truth what felt like hours and lifetimes were only seconds and minutes. Bella managed to stay on the proper side of the border, never overstepping her place as a lone wolf on the edge of a pack's world, even if it was her Ash inside and he would understand. He didn't necessarily have authority here, though, so she could not count on understanding from his superiors. She had to wait. She had to wait.

The moment her ears caught a hold of something, she honed in on it, edging towards the border as she strained to see who was approaching, to see if he had answered it. The reality left her speechless. For a good, long moment, recognition totally failed her, just like it had with the scent, for she had been so fixated on Ash that she was blind to all else. All she knew was that it was not Ash.

Then he blinked, and said her name, and instantly it clicked. "Mirren?" she breathed in disbelief, the total unexpectedness of the situation completely throwing her out of kilter. She wasn't even able to fully appreciate that he looked as stunned as she. For another moment, she forgot what she was even doing here, and was blown away by seeing a man she had not truly expected to cross paths with again. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out, her plans and structured thoughts in total disarray.
[Image: sw_by_euphoriclies-d8zep8c.png]
Inactive No Rank
Mirren Tainn

How had their paths managed to cross like this again?

Mirren was dumbfounded, certainly, but he couldn't help but to feel light, and pleased. Where before he'd found her in what had been a moment of uncertainty, of weakness, even, now he was home ─ on his own turf and with the mysteries of life after his mate's disappearance already mostly answered. Yes, two seconds ago he had been brooding and perhaps angry and perhaps a little melancholy, but the shock of running into the lady with the earthen-toned fur completely flipped the switch. In a good way. The most natural of smiles pulled at his lips, the questioning and soulful gleam in his eyes daring her to make this encounter more surprisingly special than it had just became.

"Fancy seeing you here," his tail wagged subtly behind him, brows perked as warmth flushed his cheeks. His voice was as steady as the sunshine. "I almost didn't recognize you, dry and...far from where I'd found you last. I didn't think I would see you again." After the night they'd spent in the storm in the Wildwood, he'd chalked their acquaintance up as a gift from some higher power, and her as an angel with all the right words. "What brings you to the north?"

The tawny man was truly quite curious now, and it would seem that, perhaps, his luck had taken quite the turn.

Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
Slowly she processed it, slower than @Mirren himself - where warmth spread across his face, hers remained blank with disbelief. A small point inside her chest was catching up, though, a small, hot thrill. She had thought of him often, finding peace in that beautiful moment and how two strangers had come together to lift each other up. She had wondered at what troubled him, though had long accepted that it was a question she would never get to answer, and was satisfied with the hope that she had provided comfort to a gentle creature who had needed it. There had been a selfish joy in it for her, to share something she loved dearly and have it similarly enjoyed, for she knew so few others who would partake with her, least of all revel in it. She had considered going back to the forest to search for him, but never had.

And here he was, right in front of her, his smile a thing of beauty.

His voice was smooth and even, a far cry from his raw, hurting words in the storm. I almost didn't recognise you, dry, he said, and it broke through her shock, spreading a slow but genuine smile across her face, her tail lifting in a gentle sway. This was actually real! I didn't think I would see you again. There was no doubting whether or not he was pleased that it had not turned out so; his every movement and word told her he was pleased. Did that mean she had done well that night, to leave such a happy impression? Had he left more content, and with a less heavy heart? Rarely did such pure encounters happen, and rarer still did she get to find out the result of them. That the night of the storm could have been as profound to him as it had to her was a bolt of joy to her heart.

"I," she started, but her tongue had not found her as fast as his had, turning him from that man of few, sad words to this eloquent beast. In truth he was almost unrecognisable - but that night had been so unexpectedly intimate that she had committed him to memory. "I - Ash. I mean, I followed his trail, he came here, I..." She had no rushing winds and gusting rains to help her here, and the idea that she was spoiling his recollection of her as a wise creature made her blush harder. "I didn't expect to see you either," she confessed quietly, as though that would justify her lack of composure. The gleam in her eyes said that it wasn't an unhappy discovery. "This is where you live?"
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The man had been deeply in debt to his sister for allowing his family to take shelter within Secret Woodlands. While he would have loved to assert his loyalty to his sister, the both of them seemed to understand that it would never work. Nina and Ash both enjoyed being in positions of power and eventually it would win out. It would simply be better if, once everything was settled, they would move on. While he was with the Woodlands, he would ensure that he did whatever he could to provide for them. His sister only deserved the best, especially since she had so many turn against her. Everyone who remained with her seemed to think the same and the red man hoped that he would be able to get to know them better. After all, the thicket wolves had been their allies before the Cavern wolves had needed to disband.

They had not been within the Woodlands long and Ash was not use to the thorny terrain. It took him much longer to navigate than he would have liked, but he would manage. His children were safe and that was all that mattered. It came as quite a surprise to him when his name was called from the borders. However, he recognized the voice immediately and wasted no time in making his way towards the call, confident that his children would be safe until he returned. It took him a long while to move through the thickets, making sure that he wouldn’t step on a thorn and risk infection. That was something he didn’t need to deal with.

When he arrived, it was no surprise to him that others had already answered Belladonna’s call. From what he had experienced when his family had come, the members were extremely protective of their lands and of Nina. Now that Koda had left again, he was glad that his sister still had others with her to make sure she was safe. His tail wagged pleasantly when he caught sight of his daughter, observing the area to see if any of her children had joined her. From what he could tell, that was not the case. Respectfully nodding his head to Nina’s partner and the mother man, the mossy green gaze returned to Bella. He felt guilty that he had been unable to tell her that they needed to leave, but the joy he felt at seeing her again contradicted that. ”It is good to see you again, my dear,” he rumbled lowly, his gaze remaining on her. She did not seem uncomfortable around the other men and he was in his deepest hopes that they would not send her away.

Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Mirren Tainn

Her astonishment was not past him and it was plain to see that she didn't know what to make of his appearance before her. It was true that he shared the shock with her fully, but everything about her made speaking up easy. In fact, in the weeks following their run-in at Hidden Tree, he often wondered what he would say to the woman if they ever ran into each other again. And there was so much he wanted to say, about how she'd helped him, about how intriguing he thought she was, about how curious he was about just who she was, where she same from and how he thought she, too, must have an old soul. He'd wondered what else they could have in common, beside a love for weather and intense, intimate one-time encounters with strangers. Mirren had considered that she'd been a fluke ─ coming into his life and leaving out of it just as quickly, always to be remembered for her unique kindness and the way he liked the way her warmth felt on him in the darkness, yet never to be seen again. It was that belief that made the fact that she was standing at his borders unbelievable and exhilarating in the same breath.

And so his words had come easily, though there was much more he wanted to tell her, and he wasn't surprised or off-put that she was at a loss for them, if only for a time. Belladonna finally spit out the reason for her visit, divulging that she'd followed the trail of Nina's brother, Ash, to Secret Woodlands. Immediately he began to question what their relationship to each other was, but forgot all about it at all the second she added that she hadn't expected to see him, either, and asked if he lived here.

"It is," he confirmed, taking it upon himself to move closer to her and away from the treeline he'd emerged from. The closer he got, the faster his heart began to beat, and he realized that he hadn't felt so...so...excited and relieved to see someone in longer than he cared to admit. It was true ─ for months and a whole season he'd been deadened emotionally by Kite's betrayal and disappearance. He hadn't cared about anyone the way he cared about Kite since, and...All at once he knew it was only Belladonna's presence that made the sun feel warm again, and he didn't feel guilty about that.

Stopping but a length away, he lifted his chin just so, so that he could get a good look at her in the daylight. The woman was just as alluring when she wasn't bathed in rain and moonlight as she was in it, and he took in the shades of color on her face carefully. Beneath an open sky, the wind blew across the grasses and up his back and he soaked up her scent and looked shamelessly into her eyes, all warmth and mystery and shades of the brightest gold. His own sparkled then.

"Welcome to Secret Woodlands," he continued after a time, motioning over his shoulder to the tangled thicket. "I've got to admit that I'm a little disappointed that you didn't follow my trail here," he joked, subtly flirtatious, the boyish charm that came naturally to him shining effortlessly, fueled by the subtle high their encounters proved to create. After a moment he went on. "...Ash is here, with his family. They came to us from Whisper Caverns not long ago ─ I'm not entirely sure about the circumstances revolving their departure from there. I suppose you're in the right place if that's who you're lookin' for." It was then that Ash emerged to answer the call meant for him. At the sound of the older man's arrival behind him, Mirren glanced back to cast his gaze upon him before looking to Belladonna, curious of what her reaction would be. Ash nodded his acknowledgement to the Leader and Mirren returned the respectful sentiment accordingly, remaining watchful as Ash greeted the girl who had managed to make the masked Tainn's day.

"I'll leave the two of you to it, then," he addressed Bella, his gaze lingering on her face. "You are welcome to stay within our borders for as long as you'd like or need. I'm sure you're wayworn from your travels." The look on his own face as he stepped away finally dared her to seek him out, and with that Mirren turned to disappear into the shadows of the forest.

{exit}
(This post was last modified: Sep 28, 2015, 05:04 PM by Mirren.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
He confirmed what she had already known, but hearing it aloud cemented it. This was where he had been, all along. A coy smile reached her mouth, ears tipping forward in an almost shy curiosity as he moved towards her, not really knowing how to process his warm reaction to her presence. She hadn't come here for him, after all - and he joked as such, introducing his home in the process, spreading her smile wider. Even if she had gone back to look for the mysterious sad man, she doubted that the storm they had shared would have left any trace of him. Was it simply another sign?

Mirren then addressed her reason for being there, and yet again hearing him confirm what she hoped for lifted her heart, the excitement of the news touching her face. No matter what had happened to them, @Ash and his family were all right. It was not moments before the man himself appeared through the thicket, and she could not prevent a quiet cry of joy, immediately stepping toward him.

"Ash," she breathed, pressing her muzzle into his cheek, the relief uncannily similar to that they had shared a few weeks past, when she had seen him for the first time in two years. Those weeks had been weeks too many, and she vowed to never let such a long period of time pass between them so needlessly.

Mirren made his goodbyes, giving space to the pair, though she turned to watch him wistfully as he went; his invitation was incredibly welcome, for more reason than one, and she did not miss the message in his eyes. Though she wanted to race down that track and wonder what Mirren could want from her, she was overwhelmed by finally finding her Ash, and swiftly her attention drew back to the large man she loved so much. She had left the mountain early that morning a confused and lost creature, and it was but the kindness of those who had found her along the way which kept her going. She held an immense debt to @Veho, @Mirren and @Ash all, and swore to make sure they knew the extent of her gratitude.

"I came looking for you," she explained, coming to sit before him, settling her face in his chest - a gesture which had always meant nothing but comfort for her. "What happened, are you and your family okay?"
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

He couldn’t stop the pleased growl that rumbled in his chest at her affection. Forgetting for a moment that his new alpha was in front of him, he placed a tender kiss to her forehead, elated by the fact that they had found one another once again. His daughter looked much better than she had last time he had seen her. Maybe it had to do with her knowing someone and having someone other than herself to rely on. His mind had been so caught up on Belladonna’s presence, he almost missed Mirren’s departure. Clearing his throat awkwardly, the former Cavern’s alpha dipped his head towards the Tainn once more before turning his gaze back on Belladonna, questions swimming in his mossy green gaze. However, before he could voice any of his, she spoke and he felt his heart accelerate with the knowledge that she had, indeed, come with the intentions of finding him.

She was concerned but Ash was quick to stop her worries, ”Yes, we are all fine. Narimé and Yuka have gone off to try and regain what was ours somewhere else…I don’t know much of the details.” Truthfully, the thought of his missing wife terrified him. What if she never returned? He would be once again, left alone, with his children without a mother to take care of them. Clearing her throat, he spoke again, ”I am so glad you came to find me, my dear. What have you been up to?” He remained silent, hoping she would answer him and he would be able to push his anxiety to the side.

Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.