i yearn for the truth that you know — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
For @Ash  <3

And I still dream he'll come to me
that we will live the years together

Sleep seemed to evade her as she tried to close her eyes while resting in the old Poison Path den. It was getting quite often that she found solitude here and it was the only place that comforted her enough to actually get any amount of sleep. She hasn’t even stepped into the pack den since her arrival. Athena wasn’t ready yet to meet her replacement or the children she bore with him. Though she tried her hardest not to be bitter, it still hurt. The anger and bitterness stayed within her own thoughts, however. There wasn’t a need to make an enemy of the female, she would eventually be on her way and out of their fur. Athena just needed to complete her promise to Vuesain man.

When her conscious wouldn’t rest, she decided to take to the mountainside and for a run. Trekking down the secluded path full of nightshade, her mind was elsewhere, but her paws knew the routine and paths. So many years she was here within the mountain. So many years to memorize the terrain and activity of the prey. Perhaps, she should see if Vesper was interested in having a pack hunt. She knew the terrain the best here out of everyone, she could help lead them and fill the caches before winter hit. Could put her in better graces with him. Tomorrow she could scout the mountainside for Pronghorns or Dall sheep and suggest her idea to Vesper. Tonight, she had another agenda.

Careful not to trek too fast down the mountainside, Athena finally arrived in the Ghastly Woods. It has been many moons since she had been here. Here and Fireweed Rise were the places that she loved to just let herself go and just be free. As soon as her paws hit sturdy ground, she was gone. Wind whipping through her fur as she let her legs take her away. Here, where rarely anyone visited, was where she was the most free. She was in her element where she didn’t have to think. She just soared with the wind.

(This post was last modified: Oct 09, 2015, 01:28 AM by Athena.)
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The large man was having a problem with the fact that his wife and adopted son had been gone for so long. On top of it all, Nineva was missing. Ash had begged his sister for a search party and she had luckily agreed, but as of yet they had come upon nothing. The Hervok was sure that Korrin and Rose were also in distress over knowing that their sister was not with them. Oh, it was a grief that can’t be spoken that hurt him so deeply. Those who knew him well would know that he was hurting badly on the inside. All Ash knew was that Nari and Yuka would be going away for a while, to regain back what they had lost. It pained the burly man to know that he could not go with them but understood that he needed to keep the children safe. If Nari returned to find that Nineva was not with them, the Hervok wasn’t sure how his wife would react, and that scared him.

He needed to breather, and he told Nina as such as he went out of the territory. He felt like a heavy paw had been planted on his chest and was pressing down on his heart. He didn’t know the land he was around very well, having only made a few trips, so he let his paws take him to wherever they found the need to go. Before long, he stopped in an open clearing and observed the area. While it was open, it wasn’t as naked as Blackberry Fields, and Ash could appreciate that.

He had traveled much further than he had anticipated, but all thoughts of that went away when he saw a flash of white move past him. His emerald eyes hooked onto the familiar pure form and his legs pushed after the fast woman, his breath coming in short pants. He knew that her speed and stamina far outweighed his, and so he decided that a simple, echoing bark would be able to grab her attention. He eventually slowed to a stop hoping that his former lover would take a moment to stop a greet him.

Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
we can learn to love again
I never stopped
you're still written in the scars on my heart

Ba bump ba bump ba bump ba bump... The sound of her beating heart drowned her eardrums. Her paws thundering on the solid ground beneath her as the desperate arms of the aged trees tried to capture her in their wispy grasp. The midnightbreeze filled her expanding lungs, beckoning her to go further and faster away from her troubled mind and past. There was silence all around her, from her mind to the moonlit forest surrounding her. Athena was, but a ghost here. Only glimpses were seen of her as she traveled through the darkened woods. This was where she could escape from all her troubled worries in her mind and just forget about who she was and what was going onin her life. Here she was free. Here she was just a ghost.

That was until someone saw her ghostly figure. The still silence around her was soon interrupted and her freedom was shattered for the moment. White ears slipping back against her skull at the sound echoing through the wood. Her elegant legs slowed to turn around to see who it had come from. Rarely did she see anyone in this part of the Lore, that’s why she found solace here. The woods here frightened many and many avoided this land. Though when she did run into anyone, she’d shamelessly just avoid them and keep on with her task. However, this time it seemed that the masculine bark was meant for her ears and to grab her attention.

As her fiery eye turned to face the owner of the voice, her breath caught and her heartached simultaneously at the sight of him. “Ash...” She said in awe as every emotion ran through her veins. It had been about a full year since she last saw the handsome brute. That had been when she told him she was going back to the Lake to create Fallen Tree Cove. His words that he said to her that day still haunt her today. “I hope you find happiness especially since I was unable to give it to you...” His words remind her everyday how much she screwed her life up with him. She could have had it all with him, but by the time she realized it, it was too late. He had been the one. He had always been the one for her. But she had been too blind then. And careless...

Without another moment to lose, she rushed to him, burying her face into his thick fur around his neck. The warmth of his embrace would always comfort her heart as she breathed in his musky scent. The muddy scent of the Caverns was faint. Instead, it was much different than it was last time. What had happened in the year they were apart?

(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2015, 02:22 AM by Athena.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

His call seemed to get her attention and soon enough she was slowing down. As soon as she turned around Ash’s heart gave a lurch towards her and his mossy green eyes found her amber orbs. She didn’t seem disappointed to him, his name a whisper on the breeze. His eyes tracked her carefully as she made her way towards him. In his weakness, all he could do was stand there and await the touch he knew could damn him forever. He didn’t pull away as she embraced him. In fact, he returned her touch, curling his neck around her own to bring her closer to him. A content sigh escaped his lips at the contact. In the back of his mind, a voice whispered to him that he had a wife and children who loved him and he had everything he needed. But when he was with Athena, he suddenly felt whole again. With Narimé, the children, Belladonna, and Athena he could be happy. And then reality crashed into him like a wave.

However, he could not bring himself to pull away too quickly. He knew where his heart belonged and while a part of him would always remain with Athena, he knew that Nari possessed it now and it would remain under her eye for the rest of his life. With a content sigh, Ash pulled away, only to see her face, his eyes once again memorizing her features as if it were the last time he was going to see her. After all, it had already been…a year…since they had last seen one another. Quietly, Ash spoke up, his voice a deep rumble, ”My…um uh…Athena,” his slip made him mentally cringe, a reminder that he would have to watch his words carefully, ”It is good to see you again. I was disappointed that I hadn’t heard from you after you went back to the mountains.” Especially since I missed them so much. It was a fact that he was sure his wife knew about. The mountains were in his blood and it was where he felt the most comfortable. He wished that the pair were eye to eye on the matter but he was content to make her happy, wherever they lived, as long as she was with him, he didn’t care. Without saying anything else, he waited for the white beauty’s words.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
And we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything
too young to notice, and too dumb to care
love was a story that couldn't compare

Breathing deeply into his coarse, reddened fur as if this would be the last time the ivory fallen queen would see her silent knight. Though the two were no longer together, Ash could always make her feel whole again and feel protected as long as she was under his gaze. The man had a way with her heart, always making it full of vigorous life instead of being just a broken empty shell. He was the first to pull away, though he didn't stray too far from her. Mossy green eyes clashed with her fiery orb, his deep rumbling voice splitting the silence between them. His stumbling words were a surprise to her as much as they were to him as she usually saw him to be in complete control of his emotions. However, both of them had their history together seeing the worst of each other.

A smile graced her lips at his words, her heart beat excitedly against her chest still. "It's wonderful to see you again too, Ash. I've truly missed you," she answered softly her flicking against her skull for a moment as she went on. "I apologize for not seeing you... or Rory..." She stated, her mind wondering about her daughter she had left with Ash and Narime in Whisper Caverns. Aurora had become frightened of her when she returned back from getting kidnapped by her father and it had been best for her daughter's sake to stay with Ash where she would progress with him. She regretted it to this day, but she trusted Ash would take care of her daughter as his own. "How is Aurora?"

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The knight was mesmerizing her once again, his mossy green gaze flickering over her features. The only thing that seemed to change since the last time they had seen one another was the amount of scars on her pelt. None the less, it was one of the things that Ash always thought made her beautiful to him. Emotions caught in his throat at her words and the burly man remained silent to remain loyal and not make a fool of himself. Surely, he would always harbor feelings for Athena but now his heart remained with Narimé and Ash planned on keeping it that way. When his snowy queen mentioned Rory, Ash’s heart squeezed painfully once more and he was at a loss of what to say. His ears pinned back on his head and his mossy green orbs readily displayed his sadness to his ex-lover. Softly, he spoke, his voice pained, ”We were separated by an ice storm. I searched weeks for her…but I couldn’t find anything. She didn’t find her way back to the Caverns…and I don’t know what happened to her. I’m so sorry.

His eyes pleaded with her for forgiveness. It wasn’t his fault that they had been separated, and he had searched goddamn it, until he couldn’t search anymore and his body gave up from exhaustion. His wife had needed him, along with the pack that was falling apart and had eventually done so. Speaking again, he tried to reassure her, ”I swear to you…I did everything I could to try to find her. You know that if she was anywhere nearby I would have..” He didn’t want this news to be discouraging to her…but…maybe Belladonna. Blinking he approached her again, not wanting to space between them to grow. Again he spoke, trying to mend some of the trust he had possibly broken, ”But Belladonna!! She is alive and she has return to the lore and she has found me!” His mossy green gaze frantically searched her amber ones, desperately trying to please her with this bit of information. Anything but to see the pain he was so accustomed to seeing in her gaze.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Athena Moon
I don't have much to give, but I don't care for gold. What use is money, when you need someone to hold?

A moment of silence came after her question, her ears forward and eager to hear about how her daughter was doing with Ash. Her fiery gaze caught the change in his face, a cloud of sadness flooding over him that overflowed to her as she knew something had gone wrong. Knowing now that her daughter wasn't under the safe protection of Ash, made her heart ache and break more. Tragedy always seemed to befall on her in regard to her children, all four of her children were missing. Perhaps it was a message to her, a message to give up on trying to have a family. She was never meant to find happiness. Ears pinning against her skull, her once eager eyes flickered away from the mossy green eyes of Ash. Athena took a moment to let it sink in. He pleaded with her, her heart aching to see him like this. "It's okay, I know it's not your fault. It's mine." She answered, her head shaking side to side sadly. If only she had been there, it would have never come down to this. If only she had put her children first. "I should have been there..."

He closed the distance between them again, his demeanor changing. Words of her lost child Belladonna hit her ears, her mixmatched gaze looking up to his to find prove that it was true. "She's here? My Bella, she's here in the Lore?" She questioned, the ivory woman couldn't believe it. Her adopted daughter had been gone for so long, she never imagined the sweet flower would ever trek back to this place. "She is alright. Thank the heavens!" Athena shouted happily, her white banner wagging excitedly in the air at the news. Without helping herself, she reached and kissed Ash upon the cheek, her excitement clear on her face. "Where is she now? I must find her!"

You'll never know the endless nights, the rhyming of the rain, or how it feels to fall behind and watch you call her name.
(This post was last modified: Nov 16, 2015, 03:10 AM by Athena.)
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

In his lifetime, Ash had come to except that his main goal in life was to please others. Of course, it would only have to do with those that he cared for. But the amount of effort he put into those wolves always came back to bite him in the ass. It had happened to him with Treena and Athena, twice, and then with Namara. Luckily, Nari had stuck close to his heart, but her mission away from home hurt him dearly and he wished with every fiber of his being that he could go visit her. He knew that without the proper information, he would not be able to find her and Ash knew that it was time to accept this. But then, as he looked into the fiery eyes of his past lover, he felt his heart lurch painfully in his chest once again. Seeing her in pain would always be a stab to him and he knew that it was horrible to be able to accept this. His being belonged to Nari and that would not change for him.

As Athena placed a kiss upon his cheek, he felt relief fill him. It seemed that this news had pleased her greatly and Ash’s tail waved behind him pleasantly. His eye remained trained on the white beauty and when she interrogated him, he found that he could not be angry. After all, Bella was his little girl and it would be wise for all the remember this. Even if he wasn’t Belladonna father, he was, in every rightful word her daddy. He was quick to respond, elated by her answer to his words, ”Yes, she has returned! She found me back in Whisper Caverns…but then we had to relocate so we joined my sister in the Thicket. She remains there with the intents of joining, I believe.” He went silent then, waiting to hear his former lover’s response to his reveal about his family.