820 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adrestia, Alarick

emperor's new clothes — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
switch da leadership supa quick thread <333 @Karpos

Maksim’s condition was a lot worse than the healer had anticipated. It was nothing he couldn’t handle—but he couldn’t handle it while temporarily standing in Maksim’s place. It wasn’t something like a minor infection, where Lachesis was able to give him the necessary herbs as needed and was able to leave him to rest. No—this was far more serious. It worried the ghost being away from the green-eyed leader’s side for too long. How was he supposed to lead a pack and take care of their actual leader at the same time? This was Maksim’s pack; it was nothing without him. Lachesis couldn’t let anything happen to him. He needed to focus all of his attention on ensuring that Mak healed quickly and without any problems.

It was while these thoughts were plaguing him as he re-dressed Maksim’s wound that a brilliant idea came to mind. Before initiating his plan XIX had quickly run it by Mak in his medicated state (which may not have been the best idea, but it would work out in the end). It was settled—he would seek out Karpos. While it may not be ideal to have a wolf so young take the position of leader, it was temporary, and it would also be beneficial for the Slayer. He had been thinking about leaving Hearthwood eventually to create his own chapter with Relic Lore; this would give him the opportunity to see if he was ready. Lachesis had complete faith in his young nephew; he was more than capable and he had grown quite level-headed as he left his traumatic childhood behind.

The fresh air was welcomed as he left his den behind, his pear-coloured eyes squinting against the morning light. He stepped away from his den to seek out a quiet spot along the river that cut through their territory, both his head and shoulders weighted down as he folded his hindquarters against the ground. Without delay, he threw back his head, calling for his nephew. We need to talk, he called, hoping that the shadow was nearby. Leaving Maksim, even for a few moments, worried him. 

(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2015, 06:10 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger

A silence followed, one that he was comfortable with as he rounded the boarders, being meticulous in making sure no pests had found their way onto the territory specifically because of Maksim’s condition. There was a certain level of guilt eating away at there – he had arrived and there were already so many members gathered around him, which meant he hadn’t been the fastest – he had been delayed. Karp’s ears perked as he heard the howl from his uncle, one that caused a slight tilt of his head. Lachesis was leader until Maksim recovered – perhaps he needed him to find something for him. Either way, the chocolate colored man took off towards the source of the call, a certain eagerness to find out what was going on.

He listened to the thuds of his paws against the grounds as he made the journey quick, responding by running as fast as he could before skidding to a halt in front of his uncle with a puzzled look. “Yes uncle?” He asked curiosity piquing in him as he paid careful attention to what the call had said. What did they need to talk about? Was something else wrong with Maksim? Worst case scenarios ran through his head like a wildfire. He would let his tail fall slightly, knowing this was official business and that his uncle was above him in the rankings, not to mention the outright respect he held for one of the members in his now small family.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Karpos I can get another response if you reply before Sunday night, and then we can archive afterward :) thank you for being so speedy!! <333

Although the Slayer was young, the healer did not doubt his capabilities in acting as leader. There was so much potential for the youth to grow, and this would give him the opportunity to see if he was actually capable of leading his own pack in the future. Lachesis had a tremendous amount of faith in his young nephew; he did not doubt for a second that he was fully capable of acting as temporary leader.

It did not take long for his nephew to answer his call. Relief flooded him as the shadow approached, eyes wide with curiosity as he questioned why he had been summoned. There was no hesitation as the long-legged ghost responded; the more time he wasted, the longer he would be away from Maksim, and XIX wanted to get back as soon as possible. “Maksim is getting better, but slowly,” he started, a soft frown forming on his lips as he spoke. “I know he wanted me to take his position as leader while he is recovering, but I have thought it over and decided in order to ensure he makes a full recovery, I need to make sure he actually gets better. He is stubborn and eager to get better;  I would feel more comfortable if I was able to focus all of my attention on him to make sure he doesn’t make his condition worse.” He paused, his head heavy as his chartreuse gaze rested on his young nephew. “I have already discussed it with Maksim already, but I would like it if you took my place as leader until both Maksim and I are able to return to our respective positions. Of course, I will help you when needed, but I think that this would be the best choice, for both Maksim and I. I cannot patrol the borders and worry about possible intruders when my attention should be solely on getting Mak back to full health.” He exhaled slowly as his final words rolled off his tongue, hanging in the air between them. “Would you be okay with that, Karp?” He asked once he had caught his breath, his head cocked slightly to one side as he waited patiently for a response. 

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger

His curiosity only grew when his uncle greeted him by speaking of Maksim and his current condition. He was getting better, which was good, so why was his uncle calling for him? He nodded slowly in understanding as he took in all of the information that his uncle was providing him with. Then Lachesis started to talk about how the healer was supposed to act as leader, though he wanted to stay with him and didn’t have time for the duties. That was when it started to click for the boys, knowing what it was that his uncle wanted him to do, though he waited until his uncle said it in order to confirm his suspicions.

His uncle wanted him to lead until Maksim was back into the fight and could handle his jobs as leader again. A small sensation of excitement flowed through him as he put a modest grin on his face, though the circumstances were less than pleasant with their normal leader, the true leader of Hearthwood River, was out of action. He would nod to his uncle. “I’ll do it, uncle. Rest assured the pack will be fine while he recovers and you help him do so…” He agreed eagerly, buzzing with the opportunity to get experience in the matter.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Karpos <3 Feel free to respond once more, or just archive after this! Thank you for getting this done so quickly <33
Also, i can't figure out how to edit the ranks so you'll have to get someone to do it :((( sorry!!

There was no doubt in Lachesis’ mind that Karpos would take up the offer. The ghost knew that there was no way he could continue to fulfill his duties as both leader and healer with the condition that Maksim was in. If the pack had another healer (i.e. Amisun) perhaps XIX would have held onto the leadership role until Mak’s health returned, but there was no one else. Although Karina’s medicinal knowledge was growing to be just as vast as his was, Lachesis still worried too much to leave his leader completely in her care. Maksim was a father first before a patient; for Karina, it was a conflict of interest and XIX worried that she wouldn’t think clearly while treating her father. Of course, he would never refuse her help—he just wanted to present most of the time.

“Thank you,” he breathed in relief, his pear-coloured eyes focused on the darker youth. “I will be at your side when you need me and I will do my best to get Maksim healthy.” Lachesis would never throw Karpos ‘to the wolves’ without believing that he was ready. The boy was strong and level-headed, and while he was in pursuit of his own pack, he was not above doing everything possible to help his current pack until he decided to take the plunge.  XIX knew that Hearthwood was in capable paws. “Now you’ll be able to tell if you’re really leader material,” he added with a lazy smile as a feeble attempt at a joke. With a roll of his shoulders he stepped back, away from the river, his soft gaze heavy as he glanced over in the direction of the dens. “I feel like a worried mother—I can’t stand being away for too long. I know he’s going to pull through, but I can’t help but worry,” he sighed as he returned his gaze to his nephew. “Thank you again, Karp,” he said with a final flick of his tail as he stepped toward the dens, his ears falling back against his skull as relief flooded through him. Now… time to play doctor once more.

(This post was last modified: Oct 26, 2015, 06:31 AM by Lachesis.)