701 Users Online
Nori, Google, Bing

Shivering and weathering storms — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 24 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Taslima Lieris
For @Gent :D!

The berries were nice, and the company sure was an added bonus! However Taslima knew that if she ever wanted to stand a chance against finding Eek, she could not remain in one place for too long. The fae had decided on traveling north, however her aunts whereabouts were still unknown, therefor north was just another test toward the child's supposed 'natural luck'.

The berry tree's dwindled down over time only to be replaced with your average forest scene, accompanied by a plentiful amount of intimidating vines. Surely this trip would be easier if she had any idea where she was going, however that bit of luck hadn't quite made an appearance yet. Perhaps it'd be in her best interest to seek out someone with superb directional skills next, someone who knew what was what around the lore. Though rather introverted at heart, the forest child would just have to wait until someone like that was stumbled upon effortlessly, if luck could really take her that far.

The next thing to become heavily apparent to the Lieris was the heavy scent of other wolves, more specifically pack wolves. How hadn't she noticed sooner? With wide eyes the autumn-coated wolf scanned her surroundings for any traces of them, she wished not to cause trouble if it could be avoided. However if she could smell them, surely they could smell her, right? In a panic, the fae commanded her body to do a complete 180. Perhaps if she could hurry away fast enough, they'd be more likely to write it off as less of a threat. "I mean no trouble, I mean no trouble, I mean no trouble.." The girl murmured to herself repeatedly while walking away in a haste.

Dreaming of some other place warm.

Taslima Lieris

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Mildly unfortunate for the young woman, it was a return trip that Gent was completing at that moment, strolling from the outside world into his territory. Nearly directly he crossed paths with the foreign scent, and he was not limacine in responding. His steps turned as did his body, and his long legs carried him over the littered ground and around the thick tree trunks effortlessly to track down the errant wolf. There was nothing exceptionally threatening about her presence or smell, but risking the chance of it was not acceptable, especially not with children to now care for.

When he came upon her his pale eyes scanned her over and his shoulders rolled back in relaxation as there was absolutely nothing dangerous seeming about the girl. If any kind of threat resided in her mind, her small frame was something he could squash with little effort. He could not know that those teal eyes within her skull were his half-brother's, that her small frame was perhaps the same that @Eek had inherited through their father (as loathe as he'd been to ever admit it).

Placing himself in her path, he aimed to coerce her into stopping her retreat with his presence.

"What are you slinking away from?"
Taslima Lieris

Shit. It wasn't often that the fae found herself struck with a bit of bad luck, however when it did happen it sure hit hard. "I.. I-I.." Taslima stuttered, observing the rather large shadow wolf before her. This is exactly what she was trying to avoid! The stranger could, without a doubt, kill her instantaneously if any false moves were made. It was time for her to be on her very best behavior, though with immediate danger looming so heavily in the air it'd sure be hard to pull off something so far from suspicious. "I-Sir!" She cried, tail tucked tightly between her legs as her head naturally lowered to show submission. "I-It was an accident, I swear! I'm not sure how I've managed to trudge so close toward pack territory, I-I wasn't paying attention, I.. Is it your pack?" What sort of question was that? Obviously his home resided near by, or he wouldn't be here questioning her now! "S-sir.. I'm a good wolf! I wouldn't ever..!"

Having now officially said too much, Taslima somehow managed to calm her nerves if only long enough to shut the hell up and take whatever punishment was about to come her way. She offered up a pleading glance to the large man, hoping only for mercy as he seemingly stood threateningly before her.

Taslima Lieris

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
That she was so small made her seem younger than she really was. Still, he would guess her age at two years or so, and that was adulthood. Yet he could not find it in himself to fault her for the hasty retreat she'd been making, and as her submissive explanation spewed forth, it was clear that there should be no suspicions about why she'd been so quick to flee the scene. She was afraid, and even full grown she had reason to be; her stature was naturally minimal and even that was dwarfed by the wear and tear being alone must have inflicted on her. His posture softened considerably, even while no further inflection passed over his features. Understanding was all that had occurred, after all, not sympathy.

"Alright, calm down," he encouraged, and even to show her that he meant no harm he reclined, lowering his haunches to the ground. There was nothing haughty about his demeanor, but still he had to look down his nose to see her, chin resting against the plush of his throat as his pale eyes regarded her further.

"I get it, but you might want to remember; running makes you look guilty."

It couldn't be assumed that she'd learned anything about being on her own or dealing with foreign wolves. He had no idea how long she'd been surviving as a rogue and certainly not about the environment she'd been raised in.

"It is my pack. Where's yours?"

Unless she'd been born a loner, something had to have happened to separate her from her home.
Taslima Lieris

"Running makes you look guilty."

Of course! How hadn't she thought of that? The man's words only made Taslima feel like a compete idiot, which to be honest almost flustered her further. "I, uh.." Where was her pack? Wasn't that a good question. The fae didn't intend on boring her company with the specifics, however was there really a short answer? "I guess I don't have one anymore, sir.." She murmured, brows furrowing at the thought of the Lieris family likely being scattered across the globe by now. "I suppose that's why I've been traveling, to figure out what exactly happened to them all.." That was, her kindred. When was the last time they were all united as one pack?

"I, uhm.. Expect that it'd only be fair to introduce myself, having invaded on your territory and all.. " The raven's lowered stance made it easier for the fae to feel safer about opening up a bit more, something she was sure thankful for considering the fact that she thought she was facing her inevitable death only seconds prior. "I-I'm Taslima.. Taslima Lieris," she hummed. "A-and I really do apologize for all of this, I never meant to cause you any trouble.."

Taslima Lieris

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The man was patient as she spoke, even though his paws itched for the conversation to wrap up quickly. He had been gone throughout most of the day, and his return had been aimed at immediately seeking out the pack's main den and visiting with his children. No matter the length of time, he always missed the little rugrats when away from them. Spending time with them was a thing the man was far more enthusiastic about than listening to this girl talk, but she had her worth too and he would not be so foolish as to dismiss the possibilities around her.

The answer, the one he'd really been looking for when it finally came around, was quite curious and only raised more questions. Had her pack disbanded, or disappeared right under her nose? He remember when finally he had found his way back to the Lore after getting lost that horrid winter, returning to find Hollow Heart Keep no more with barely a trace left that they had existed at all. It was this thought still lingering at the front of his skull that he was shaken from when the girl spoke her full name aloud.

His pale eyes jumped open, widening with shock as a new light was suddenly shed upon this Taslima. Suddenly, those eyes were familiar, and his throat constricted as he considered what horrid things her presence might prelude. Yet she acted nothing like those he had known in his childhood, in fact quite the opposite. So far, she was genuine and sweet. Could she really be such a diligent actress, or was there some disconnect between what had been and what now was? Maybe her relation was distant, maybe that shade of teal was present in his father's blood.

Despite this instantaneous reaction, his words were limacine in following. When his voice was found again, moments later, he asked but one question; "who are your parents?"
Taslima Lieris

Taslima couldn't help but make a strange face at her company's obscure question. Wasn't that a bit too personal? And how did it benefit the conversation they had been having? Regardless, and very reluctantly, the fae felt the need to provide the man with an answer. Even if talking about her parents brought back some.. Undesirable memories. After all, perhaps the man had his reasons for asking. "Er.. My father's name is Jace Lieris, and my mother.." She gulped, trying to talk about it without actually thinking about it. "She went by Mahalia, though.. I'm afraid she's not with us anymore sir.." she frowned. Had the male some business with the Lieris lineage? Or maybe..

"If you're implying that I might be too young to be out and about by myself, then please rest assured that I am in fact two years old. I know I'm small, I think that a lot of family members of mine might be.. Maybe.. But I haven't really met a lot of them so actually, you know what? I'm not actually sure.." Taslima had never really noticed before, but boy she sure did babble under pressure. Quieting once more, the fae shot her company an apologetic glance.

Taslima Lieris

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Jace. The name hit him so hard that he nearly didn't register the bit about her mother being dead. Her name was unfamiliar, nearly meaningless except for in its relationship to his half brother. Was this why Vitani had been without her twin when she'd tried to strike at his pack? Gent had thought merely that the duo had planned for her to go at the initial attack alone. Even after combing the surrounding areas nearly obsessively, and finding not a trace of the other Lieris' scent, the king had felt certain that this was so. The twins had never separated, not once in their lives.

Or had they? This girl, how could Jace have raised her? Gent's eyes searched her face, looking desperately for the catch, the crack in her mask. She was launching into something about being old enough to take care of herself and be on her own, and the words faint within his ears. He caught something about maybe the bloodline being predominantly small-statured, and the correction bubbled up into the back of his throat. Hadn't met many, then she had met some? Or was she speaking about her mother's side too?

So many questions were crowding his head, and yet he could not ask without giving something of himself first; his name. Yet suddenly, that simple information felt dangerous. Was she daddy's unknowing spy? Was it worth the risk?

"... I'm Gent. Did your father... ever mention me?"
Taslima Lieris
Wow, she's sure talking a lot XD! Feel free to assume that she doesn't give much room for Gent to talk in between her little bursts. X^X

"Gent..." The fae pondered over it for a moment. The expression her company bared could only mean that she should recognize the name, however no recollection was coming to mind, and in the end all she could do was respond with a frown. "Sir, I'd like to state first that it's been.. Quite a long time since I've had a decent discussion with my father.. I'm afraid 'Gent' doesn't ring any bells, in fact there's really only one name I can remember him ever mentioning.." Perhaps if the male had been implying that he and Jace once shared some sort of bond, then he'd be able to help her!

"Uh.. Eek, I'm actually out looking for her right now. Supposedly she's my aunt. You wouldn't.. Know where she resides these days.. Would you?" Was she being too pushy? Taslima worriedly looked towards Gent, knowing that maybe she should of first asked what relations he held in regards to her father. What if they were mortal enemies? The male sure did come off as being quite bewildered by this whole series of events, what if she was only getting herself into more trouble by even having this conversation? "I feel like it's not completely foreign.. Your name. Maybe it was mentioned while I was still a small child.."

Taslima Lieris