480 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

Haunted — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Henry who has 4 posts.
Inactive
Hades Móric
Anyone can join :)
It was early morning when Hades walked slowly through the unfamiliar woodland, feeling depressed as his fur grew increasingly wet beneath the torrential rain that broke through the canopy of the trees. It seemed like ages since he had witnessed the horrifying massacre of his family by a raging grizzly bear. Hades had been the only one to survive, having ran for his life and found refuge in thicket of bushes where the bear could not see him. The incident had only occurred due to him stupidly preying on a young bear cub and causing the mother to lash out. Since the incident, Hades had wondering around on his own, haunted by the guilt of his mistakes.

His walking was aimless as he hung his head low in shame, wondering if he would ever be able to pick himself back up and return to normal pack life. The distant sound of a twig breaking alerted his attention causing his black ears to perk up at the sound of potential prey. He looked up, his orange eyes searching through the trees for the creature. Out of the corner of his eyes, he suddenly spotted an arctic rabbit creeping through the woodlands. Hades licked his lips hungrily, with intent to hunt it down.
(This post was last modified: Jul 29, 2016, 11:42 AM by Hades.)
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Hades welcome to RoW :D  
Renier Lyall
you can set yourself on fire, but you're never gonna learn

Today he couldn't decide if he even cared. If it rained, if it was hot. If his stomach could groan any more. If he even existed. Life felt pretty moot at this point. He wasn't yet blaming himself for this, he knew he was standing in his way. 

The thing was if he was going to change it he had to make a decision, but right now he didn't trust himself with that. He was going to get too far.

What else had he been wrong about? He shuffled through some of his past certainties, trying to find something wrong. But he was sure elk meat was still the best to eat. If he stayed out too long in the rain he would get sick. That certain plants could kill or cure you. Why he didn't think Skoll was someone he should necessarily hate, he could still use a kick in the ass. Hmm. Was Nicolo still an asshole? He might have to reconsider that one. What the hell did he know about anybody?

A snort, he tromped forward. He was soaked to the bone, and should have been freezing. Again he was pretty much just numb at this point. He hardly felt the mud and puddles beneath his toes any more. If he kept on a trudging maybe he'd lose a bit more.

There was a really off scent that pulled at his nose. Someone was out there. He had thought this woods had little to no chance of that. Oh, he was wrong about that too. The rogue was hardly in a mood nor appearance. He thought if he just kept moving perhaps he'd pass by them. When he did so he saw the ink toned pelt. He titled his head to the right, trying to see past the pouring rain. There seemed to be something young about this one, but he couldn't quite get enough information through any of his senses. "Damn I thought I was the only one crazy enough to be out in this." There was the slightest smirk, but little else. 

(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2016, 04:56 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive
Hades Móric
He had been hunting for prey for several days ever since the massacre of his pack. He threats about the idea of permanently being a lone wolf but he knows he has to adapt in order to survive. Just as he was about to attack the rabbit, something nearby had startled it, unaware it was Reiner, the rabbit fled the scene. Hades, being a cowardly wolf who isn't confrontational, remained anxious to find out what was approaching. Was it a larger prey source or the bear back for more or was it another wolf. He stealthily walked backwards with his eyes fixated in a petrified manner in he direction the creature was coming from. He put off calling out on the off chance it was prey and he didn't want to scare it away since he was at this point starving. Even though he was scared, he convinced himself "Get a grip, I can't always back down". He then proceeded to make his body ready to attack. His body was low and his black fur made him blend into the scenery well, due to the dark rain cloud shadowing the landscape making it dark and gloomy. His claws were sharpened and ready to pounce and strike. His eyes fixed on the position. His breathing was controlled not to give his position away. What would be coming out the bushes?.
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
As with the two before him, Gent had his own, unique reasons for being outside of the comfort of his home and out in the weather he hated most--rain. It hung thickly in his coat, making each movement skin-crawlingly uncomfortable, but he was already out here and would be loathe to turn back early. Once this was finished, he would be able to go back to his family and dry out in the stolen bear den that was theirs.

Really, he wasnt expecting to run into much of anything. Yet a surprise would delay him, and as he managed to spy the one wolf through the rain, he hoped it would be mildly worth it. Renier's words carried despite the curtains of rain, making it clear that there was someone else. Yet with the third mans efforts to hide and the weight of the precipitation before his eyes, he could not discern where the last of his company lay.

"Then we've got three madmen here, what a combination," he remarked, pawsteps drawing to a close at a comfortable distance from them both. Gent didn't much like not being able to see one of them.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

Renier Lyall

The black figure of the wolf seemed to melt further into shadow. Heavily, he blinked, brows drawn together in bemusement. Had he seen anything? A paw hung in the air, as he debated about moving forward or going back from where he came. Maybe, he was out of it more than he had thought. But, another deep voice reached his ears, coming from the brush. It was a rather tall wolf, cloaked in black as well. Ren was sure it wasn't the first one. None the less, a half chuckle sounded at the man's comment. So, there was a third. The Lyall was not a patient man.

"Come out lad, we know you're here." Why he could have made an attempt to promise him no harm, he didn't make promises any more. Hey, this situation was a little odd for him to not keep his guard up. Besides he could not speak for the other fellow. Though he knew this was not pack land, he was sure the tall gentleman was a part of one. But all this rain wasn't helping him sort much out. But, he wanted the other to come out. What was he so afraid of? 

(This post was last modified: Aug 09, 2016, 11:51 PM by Renier.)
Inactive
Hades Móric
Hades' ears pricked up at the sound of the voices that broke through the hiss of the rain. They knew he was there and they wanted him to show himself. Hades decided to back down and slowly emerge from the bush, skeptical, as to what situation he was stepping into. The two wolves he would appear before were unfamiliar to him. He took his first step out, his body quaking with fear and obsidian coloured fur dripping wet. He proceeded to move until all of him was out and presented to the wolves. "I am Hades, a wolf from the arboreal ridge region. I bring shame and dishonour to the wolf name, either kill me or let me on my way, I have hurt too many wolves recently" Hades glanced down at the ground, feeling ashamed with his past. He half expected for the two other wolves to chase him off, after all, it was what he deserved. If they chased him off he was sure to run with his tail between his legs and sprint back into the dark wilderness he had been aimlessly wandering in. He had no where to go. The only aim he had in life at the moment was to hunt down and kill enough prey to keep himself alive, if he was lucky. Although if they decided to kill him at least it would put him out of months of suffering from starvation. Either way he didn't expect a positive outcome.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Thankfully, this tawny man did not balk at his arrival. It was just the one, lurking in the shadows and testing Gent's common trust. Without hesitation, and again to the shade king's pleasure, this other man asked after the third wolf. A fair balance of request and command was in his voice as he instructed the younger participant, and with what seemed like reluctance the dark pelted wolf obeyed. Extending patience, Gent tried his best to ignore the rivulets of water seeping through his fur as he watched for the grand reveal.

Once fully within view, the boy didn't look like much and the king no longer thought him a possible threat. Time alone, without the benefits of a pack, had rendered the young adult skinny and worn, and his pumpkin eyes appeared haunted. It took Gent a moment to realize that the boy's body was not just shaking because the rain was affecting his vision or because the youth was soaked and cold, but because he was more or less terrified. He supposed that was, relatively speaking, a healthy reaction to the situation he'd found himself in. He was, in every way, at a disadvantage, especially if Gent and this other man wanted to gang up on him.

Then he spoke, and Gent felt unsettled. He knit his brows at this Hades, immediately desiring to know what exactly his self-professed crime was. As repentant as he seemed, the king had a hard time believing the boy had done anything particularly malicious or heinous. Harm was harm though, and should the other give an unappealing explanation, he had no problems leaving him behind in the mud and the rain to starve.

"What did you do?" he asked levelly, neither kindness nor anger in his voice.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

Renier Lyall

The rain did not stop. It kept trickling down, the small puddles scattered about growing in size. The rogue shook his neck once against the dampness, but other wise kept his head tilted in the lad's direction, waiting. If the boy ran he had a mind to chase, and so he hoped he would simply show himself. Thankfully, he stepped into view. The collection of rain made him seem small, his shadow fur clinging to his frame. There were a lot of meals he had missed it appeared. But, where had he come from? Was he lost?

He was certainly afraid, the way he quivered with each step. Displayed in front of not one, but two larger wolves. Orange eyes held spark of intelligence, but were other wise tainted with fear. Maybe, something else. Haunted. The Lyall had to strain his ears, as the words spilled from the young stranger. They aslo put Ren at unease. Red ears tipped back. There were images that conjured in his mind of possible events, ideas. He could not necessarily believe or hold onto one. The boy seemed ready to run. Wanted to run. This time the rogue had no want to do so. But it was the other man that posed the question. What did you do?

Inactive
Hades Móric
Hades ears draw back and he shakes with fear, not knowing how the other wolves will react to what he is about to tell them.  “I went out hunting one night, my pack not too far behind me. I came across a lone bear club playing in the woods. Without any consideration, I went to attack it and before I reached the bear cub itself, the mother jumped out from behind the bushes. I was petrified and didn’t know which way to turn. One of my other pack members at the time jumped out and landed in front of my position, growling as if to warn to bear off. The Mexican stand-off was then broke by the furious mother bear charging at my pack mate and he retaliated by charging back. After hearing the ruckus my other members joined in the fight. Being weak from not eating for a while, they didn’t act in strategy more in pure lust for food, the bear, which had far more strength and energy, took my pack mates out one by one. I ran away hearing the squeals of death from my pack mates behind me. The bear who had finally finished, then let out a massive roar which traveled the land and rung in my ears, and still rings today. I will never forget that day, it’ll haunt me until the day I die. I do not want any trouble, I just seek food and shelter”. Hades then stood in anticipation, to how they will take the news, he just didn’t know. Would they feel sympathy? Or just feel disgusted by his actions?
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
This other wolf did not hesitate to answer nor skirt around the question, launching immediately and fully into a story of what damning occurrence he sought punishment for. Originally, the king thought on how he would like better if the man would just spit out a summary of what happened. After all, it couldn't be so tangled, could it? Yet by the end of the tale, Gent was glad for the extra details, even if some hadn't been worth the breath. As this Hades closed his jaws upon the tale's end, the shade king's pale eyes regarded him. Forthcoming and honest, responsible and unwanting; this was what had spoken to him louder than the man's words.

"It was stupid of you to go after the cub," he agreed, though his voice was not harsh as his eyes flickered briefly to the other, tawny kith beside him to gauge his own reaction to the confession. "I'm sure you won't be repeating that mistake, though."

Yes, it had been a dangerous and foolish move on Hades' part. Yet that was not why his pack was dead. 

"They're the ones that chose to fight a mother bear to the death, however."

There were plenty of other strategies for dealing with such a situation that didn't result in an all out death match. They had been stupid too, and now this Hades could either continue this idiotic streak he'd been born from or let it make him a better man and move beyond it. Gent had to wonder if @Raela were present, what she would have to say. He doubted Hades would be so reckless ever again; perhaps the Notch could offer him redemption. Yet what more would be in it for them than a good deed done?

"You really want to waste your life, instead of becoming something greater? You would lay down and die so easily?"