(See All?) Announcements
476 Users Online
Viorel, Bing, Google

on wind's wings — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Adopt me! :D who has 19 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niija Tainn

She stood at the forest's edge, the wind that so mirrored her spirit tousling her long fur.

Niija Tainn, as much as she adored her family, was a wolf guided by the deep rhythms of nature; only it ruled her. Still, family bonds were strong—and very much a part of nature—and so, wherever the wind took her, the tawny woman would always return home. Her restlessness had come to be accepted by those that knew her, as much as it surely exasperated them. But her lonely travels afforded her a deep wisdom of the world they lived in. It was a large part of what made her such an effective guide for her family, and without it... Niija would not be the wolf she was.

With the calmness that defined her, no guilt or apprehension marring her tender voice, Niija lifted her head and sang to the wolves of Swift River: I am home.

(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2011, 10:09 PM by Niija.)
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>It had promised to be like any other day, but a sweet, sweet sound from very close by plucked at Kinis' ears, serving to break down a portion of a wall he had thought long built - and permanently so. The loss of so much of his family was a fact that he had grown to accept, and to hear a familiar voice... it was like music. Immediately he discarded his menial patrolling task, for here was one of the very reasons that they patrolled - and to think that he must have wandered past her, unaware and ignorant when so much joy had been so near by.

Niija was home! It was almost too much for his heart to bear.

<b>"It is you,"</b> he breathed as he dashed towards her, the beautiful sight of his beautiful sister standing there tall and strong as she always was. Distinct memories of her were few, but it had been so very long and he had been so young, but what memories he had were cherished. His tail wagged helplessly behind him as he approached, almost reverential in his manner. His whole world was his family; this was a gift of the highest order.</blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>He wasn't doing anything paticular, just cruising along the river looking for anything peculiar when a high noted song sang of home. Black ears flinched, it couldn't be could it? He paused listening, wanting to be sure it was not a cruel trick. How could it be? He was sure it was here his paws tore against the sleeping ground, and he sprinted as fast as his muscles would take him to the call.

His bright eyes of liquid topaz were wide seeing the familiar face of his beloved sister, and he was like Kinis unbelieving then so overwhelmed that another Tainn had returned. His black banner beat the air behind him, and he let out a happy woof, loping quickly to lessen the yards between Niija, and Kinis. <b>"Niija!"</b> He called, extremely happy as she had been much a mother to him in his smaller days.</blockquote>
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Niija Tainn
ZOMG I AM SO SORRY MY LIFE GOT CRAZY. Srsly, like every time I join RL my life explodes. :| Bumping to present if that's coolios with you guys?!

Her brothers rushed to greet her, and Niija—usually so composed and distant—could not help but to rush forward and happily lick their foreheads in turn, tail wagging behind her. How they had grown! It seemed to her that she should be but a distant memory to them, perhaps marred by the belief she had abandoned them. Niija would have understood, for her actions were often mysterious and in her younger days left her family bitter. But to her joy, they did not yet seem to blame her or accuse her of treachery.

I hope all has been well in my absence, Niija stated, a question edging her tone. You both seem to have grown tremendously in my time away; I can hardly believe it is you! she continued, laughing—surely Swift River was doing well, if Kinis and Triell were able to grow so swiftly and sturdily.

Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
That's fine, I totally understand! Sorry for the wait on my part, too :c

<blockquote>Triell's bark made his head turn for a moment, but it could only add to the moment's happiness; now the joy could be shared between them. Grinning and offering his brother a wag of the tail, a shared understanding of his brother's excitement, he looked back to Niija, only to be greeted with a kiss to the head. Whining softly, Kinis returned the gesture to her chin, a token of the respect she had once commanded from him - and that which was easily reborn. Kinis understood that many of his siblings had gone their own way, and though he was incapable of it himself, he was no longer able to hold it against any of them. That she had returned was enough to forgive her, not that forgiveness was really required.

Her absence! So much had happened! Kinis briefly thought back to a similar question posed by Ranger, and marvelled at the difference; how were he and Triell to cover everything that had happened? The strongest memories he had of her were when he was a child - so that put the gap at around a year, if not more. That was confirmed by her comments regarding their growth, which made Kinis smile shyly. She did not look much different, save, perhaps, for a little smaller - but he understood that to be largely due to his taller perspective.

<b>"Indru has puppies!"</b> was all he could think of, grinning goofily as he declared it, though the news was large enough in and of itself, and confirmed that the pack was doing well. Triell would hopefully be able to offer something more substantial.</blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>There was no question to why Niija had not been there. It wasn't as she was the only one to come, and go. Triell was more worried about her well being hoping their time apart had been kind to her. She did seem fit, and certainly only different because he was not toddling at her heels but above her now. He accepted her lick with a sheepish smile, and bowed his head respectfully. His tail would not hold still, and he once playfully bumped shoulders with Kinis to let him speak first. Was he actually lost for words?

Twitching his nose he breathed the different scents on her coat, only curious to where she had been if to hear a new story, or about a place outside of Relic Lore. Upon her words about his size he grinned from ear to ear, and nodded his head in beat with his bushy, black tail. There was a lot that had happened since he had last seen her, sooo much. He wasn't sure where to begin, and honestly rather have Indru inform her. Surely Ruiko, and he would be thrilled!

Finally Kinis managed to exclaim she had nieces, and nephews and this is when Triell piped in, <b>"Yes, you'll have to meet them, and Corinna!"</b> What else could he say, his orange-yellow tinged eyes were bright with happiness, he didn't want to talk about the bad but surely she would need to know some details. <b>"Everyone is well now, and most of our together,"</b> he said more composed, not quite sure what she would like to hear. <b>"How are you?"</b> He asked, a careful look to her facade once more.</blockquote>
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Niija Tainn
<blockquote>Their excitement was infectious and Niija found her tail sweeping back and forth with joy, whuffing in good humor as Triell sniffed at her fur. As ever, her long coat was tousled and littered with all manner of loam—twigs, leaves, feathers—and told the stories of her travels. Her purposes were her own, but ultimately Niija was a creature that yearned to understand nature and the world. It was good to know of lands beyond the cosy comfort of Relic Lore; for tragedy could befall even the most secluded and homely of places. But such dark topics had no place here, not in this moment, and she took in the information her brothers gave her with wonder and joy.

<b>"Puppies!"</b> she exclaimed; but of course Indru would have puppies, and her eagerness was born more from excitement than surprise. He was a sturdy and just wolf—if he had not found a mate and produced children by now, Niija would have been concerned. It explained his lack of arrival thus far, and Niija no longer feared he was slighting her—with a mate and pups to attend to, surely her brother had his paws full.

<b>"I am well,"</b> she assured them, <b>"and eager to settle down again with Swift River. I feel in my bones that the days of my journeying are behind me; it will be a long while before I leave Relic Lore again."</b></blockquote>