The Fire and the Flood — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
For @Triell <3
anywhere I go there you are
Naira

Their claim staked and borders marked there was finally a chance to relax. She hadn't set out with something like this in mind specifically, but now that the dust had settled who was she to complain? Her intention had been to settle down with her little family and walk the western woods once more, (one could argue it was almost Poison Path all over again). She smirked openly at the thought. She had tried to scratch out her mark three times now, and all three had been swept away now little more than a memory to those who once dwelled there. Perhaps the fourth time would be the charm?

She looked over the little clearing where they had decided to bed down eyes slipping over all those who had thought to join them, Leotie, Maera, Kerberos, the children... but where was Triell? She chuffed a warning to the rest of the pack, letting them know she wouldn't be going far before she struck out to find him. No doubt he would be trying to keep tabs on the herd or marking the borders one last time before bed. She allowed her flanks to drag along blackened trunks as the sun fell from the sky. At this rate, she wouldn't see him coming for the dark of night.

(This post was last modified: Feb 26, 2017, 01:18 AM by Naira.)
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

Everyone was likely settled in bed. But, the Tainn did not feel the kind of tired to sleep. Instead was set upon the top of the ridge, taking a check of things around, keeping watch, and letting his thought pull at him.

He wouldn't have believed things would work out this way, and rather easily. He had thought they may have to join another pack or continue alone. But, it seemed like fate they had found Kerberos and Maera. A pair that contrasted and yet complimented each other. Little by little they each began to know a little more about each other. He quite liked their little group, and smiled at the thought. It felt right to be settled here, in this land. Still, he worried. Were Reiko and Treyah okay now? Happy to be here instead? He wanted to think they were. With new friends, and all the adventuring they did. He was throwing around a few plans to do with the pair in hopes of knowing, and also teaching. With their growing size a good sparring lesson was in order. Noting the drop of the sun his plans would wait for another day. He quickened his stride, and began to descend downward. Even if he couldn't sleep, he would like to be among his family.

Orange eyes caught motion in the dark, and all he had to do was tip his head to catch her scent. Forcing his tail to remain still, he crept forward with a faint smirk. He thought about circling around her and surprising her. Then he thought better of it. A soft whine played in his throat, he trotted up, nudging her cheek."Was I taking too long?" He asked with a tease to his tone.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2017, 06:11 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Naira

He knew how to sneak up on her in the failing light but she had also been expecting as much so didn't start too horribly when his voice broke the night sounds. She moved in to rest her neck across his shoulders and huffed a short, quiet laugh into the night, "No I thought I'd take advantage of the babysitters and sneak away for a while." Her voice was lowered in a conspiratorial whisper. There was a playful glint in her eyes as she joked, knowing full well that the children didn't need minders at their age, but it still felt like an age since they had had any alone time away from them.

She stepped back, but used her chest to try and turn the Tainn away from the clearing where the rest of their new pack were settling down for the night, it had been too long since they had enjoyed each others company. It was a not so subtle request to join her for a short walk before they, too, turned in for the night. They had been on their own little rollercoaster since leaving the Bend, and she had to wonder if this had been his plan all along. "Did this all turn out the way you thought it would, Mister Tainn?" she asked, the latter added in a teasing tone, wondering if he might take her bait, or leave it hanging.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

A chuckle came in reply. Even though they were not as young as they use to be she always had a way of surprising him. It had been ages since they had spent time alone. With all the things they'd needed to take care of, he been a bit busy to think about it. Take notice. Even after they had settled it wasn't like he had slowed down. He'd went into high gear of leadership, doing what he did best.

"Well, we better take it while we can." He fell in step right beside as she wished. In the quiet of the coming night, it made him think of times before. Other runnings in the dark. She threw a question at him, and he was quiet for a time. He had always carried a picture of how he felt he wanted his life to be, but had long thrown it away. Life had always had plans of its own, and he tried his best to keep up. Make the best of it. Right now he didn't mind too much of how it had turned out.

He heartily laughed, "Not exactly, but least it seems okay." he brushed the top of his head to her shoulder playfully, continuing to move along. "What 'bout you Mrs. Tainn? Did you think we'd make it here? You and me?" There had been plenty of times he had thought about her on the mountain, of seeing her and staying. Hoping she would be his. That hadn't happened. She had been the one to find him after her own trials, and patiently waited it seemed for him.

Triell Tainn
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Naira

Naira made a show of looking over her shoulder, mock puzzlement painted clearly on her face, "Mrs Tainn?" But she was unable to keep up the act for long. She scoffed, "Well I suppose I've been called worse." Perhaps it made sense, after all this time? It wasn't like people wouldn't still know her as Naira. Her grin turned softer as she stepped closer, a low hmm offered as she thought over his question. One decision had changed the course of history it seemed, but if she hadn't, would she be here with him now, if she had stayed at the river, supported Corinna in raising her young? If she had allowed duty to bind her to someone elses course?

Probably not. Or maybe...? Once she had left, well they always seemed to find each other again, perhaps the universe had been trying to intervene, to set them back on the same path while Naira zigged and zagged off on her own course. It had been her mother who had sent her back with a scoff and a mutter of even the blind could see...

"I'd like to think we would have gotten here sooner or later," she answered with a short laugh, "Could have done without most of the detours to be honest," but then things would be so different, so could she really? These thoughts were far too heavy for such a beautiful night. She swung her head to the side to nip at his chest, relying less on her speed than she once had to dart between the trees with a laugh.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

He frowned for a moment, but  realized she was teasing him. He should have seen that coming, but it had been awhile since they had relaxed. He aimed a light nip to her cheek in rebuttal. After all this time, she was his mate. There lives far more intertwined then they had ever been. Even if he wished to be closer to Halie he knew he couldn't cut Naira out of his life. Too little, too late. Hopefully one day, he may at least have his daughter's acknowledgement again. He wasn't about to set off to find her. He was waiting, hoping she would end the distance between them. Even if it seemed he may have given up.

Those thoughts he placed away, feeling if his attention wavered she would catch him off guard. He kept an eye upon her, curious to her silence. What could be going on behind those amber eyes?

Tail swayed with her sounding laugh. He had often had the same thoughts. If she'd never left with Rhysis would they still be at the river? Would she have fallen in love with anyone else? He wasn't sure he liked to think about those kind of questions. He would have some things lacking in his life. He only smirked,"I think things would have been too easy." Maybe, this wouldn't mean so much. Still, he was glad this was the current chapter.

Suddenly, she surprised him, invoking a faint pinch near the white patch upon his chest. "Hey!" He hollered, but held back to watch her  dance through the snow, and take cover in the trees.  Maybe, he could catch her a little easier this time. Pushing off the snow, he bounded after her, trying to keep a steady run.

Orange-yellow eyes moved from one tree to the next, searching for her tawny pelt. Open mouth, he inhaled her scent, and  turned down a different path. He could not see her figure, and paused. Where oh where... Ear fell back, a brush of snow drawing his attention. Making a mad dash, he began to pant. Thankfully his shoulder wasn't paining him, not yet. "Better watch out," he said between his rapid breaths. He now trotted, a sharp eye out for her.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2017, 07:37 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
glitter & gold
Naira

The underbrush here was thinner than other places she had lived but enough to provide some cover in the darkness of the night. Her belly dragged through the snow as she crouched low to take advantage, the sound catching her mates attention. Rather than run away, she charged towards him, paws spread wide as she tried to knock him off balance enough to dart past and back into the trees, but he was sturdier than that, and she was not so fast.

Already her breath was coming in labored pants. It had been a long day and perhaps she didn't possess the boundless energy she used to. Unable to make her escape, she ceded defeat, chin turning to the side as she planted a kiss on Triell's cheek with a chuckle and a smirk. "You know me too well these days." she teased with a wave of her tail, the cant of her head suggesting that they should consider turning in. The nights still held a bitter edge of cold and winter was not quite ready to relinquish her hold just yet.

Yet her mind was drawn back to words he had said before, too easy he did know her better than any other. "I suppose it wouldn't be nearly this satisfying if we hadn't gone through the rest beforehand." And it was clear from the way she walked with an easy smile on her face that there was little on her mind beyond the here and now.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

"Oomph!" He grunted, as she swept her frame into his. He had seen her coming, but had not expected the hit as quickly as it had come. A momentary shake of his head, he pranced forward. It was a cautious manner. The shadows did not quickly give away where she was, but he felt sure she was easily within his reach. Planning her next move, and might just come at him again. But, she could not make the huff of her breath invisible, and he edged closer. The cream of her coat more clear to his gaze. His dark crown titled enough to see he was not sure this was her surrender. Until she spoke.

His thick tail beat in turn, and he brushed the top of his nose to the underside of her jaw. "I could say the same to you." He winked, carrying his grin as he took step with her to head back to the warmth of the others. If they took too much longer it might cause a search party. There was no need to put that anxiety to any of the Draw.

From the corner of his eye, with what light the night allowed, he could make out her expression just enough to see her smile. It brightened his heart to see it there so readily. To see her content, at peace for what may have been the first in these months. They had both had their fair share of pain and heartache, but somehow still had each other.

"I know you understand what this place means to me. I'm glad for whatever reason we're here together. That this... is ours," he quietly murmured. He kept his eyes ahead to their direction, even though his paws were easily leading them home. "And I...I think Treyah and Reiko seemed rather content to be here."

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Apr 11, 2017, 03:59 AM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
glitter & gold
Naira

The significance of the place, going back to where it all began. It was a sentiment she was familiar with, having returned to the lands of her own birth but finding no peace there, but this, this was different. There was no looming storm cloud on the horizon, no resentment or heartache. This was all for them, and their children, and the friends that they had met along the way. "They seem... more over here." More boisterous, more involved, more independent. Everything young wolves of their age should be. Perhaps, the sheer number of pups had been enough to stifle them before now, or maybe it was that the journey here had boosted their confidence. They were growing into fine young wolves, a credit to their parents and everyone that had influenced them up until this point.

"I'm sure now that we have settled their confidence will only grow, and hopefully we can stop hearing about how hollow Treyah's stomach is." The last was added with a chuckle, she had always been told it was the boys that would eat her out of house and home but that one put even Reiko to shame. The den was in sight now, and she paused, looking over the rag-tag gathering that had settled here with them with affection. They were all family now, and that was all she had ever wanted.