Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
For @Enoki after all the things. 
Freezing drizzle 31 ° F, -1 ° C

Renier Lyall
don't worry about me the heart is suppose to bleed

The changes were rough. There was always something to remind him what they had lost. Rather it be a past scent of where Elettra had stepped, or a simple thought  of sharing information with her. He was reminded she was not there for him to seek out. Least not in the same way. The sadness would begin to rear again, and he would have to quell it.

Everyone in the Ridge had become recluses in their new grief. He did not draw from his routine. He believed by throwing himself in the pattern of habit he could stave off the grief, the anger, and sorrow. Each day he did about the same thing. Patrol the next round of borders he had not reached, and add his marks. Keep an eye out for possible signs of food. Remain aware of the whereabouts of his pack members in case they did not return home. The rogue was on edge, waiting for another tragedy to strike. Especially since they seemed to come in droves. Despite his resilience, he felt it was wavering. The walls he'd built up cracking. Sleepless nights adding up, and slowly chipping at his sanity. But, he didn't have time to fall apart. He began to wrack his brain for ideas to help ease the pain they all felt. Nothing seemed good enough. Nothing would make up for the loss.

Grinding his teeth, he gave a harsh flick of his tail. His path tearing away from the Ridge. His feet taking him as fast as they could. The sky overhead promised a storm, but he didn't care. He pushed himself to the point his eyes began to sting, and his breath was harsh. He needed to get away from the familiar. Needed to feel anything else. As promised the sky began to put down neither rain nor snow, but a harsh combination of both. The mixture began to soak his coat, and felt like small icicles on his snout, and ears pressed to his head. The cold forced him to seek shelter in the icy,snow clad enclosure the various limbs of a large willow tree provided. 

(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2017, 08:11 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

Swarthy lids closed themselves against the icy bombardment of neither true rain nor snow that began to fall silently from rolling clouds above that all too easily reflected the profound and seemingly everlasting darkness and despair that cloaked the willows. Droplets of said slush rolling down the sides of the magpie's marred snout while it gradually rose toward the sky and a heavy sigh left the small break between her inky lips in the form of a vapor cloud, the thin wisps of breath curling on their ascent toward the heavens. A couple droplets of salty tears managing to free themselves from the corners of Enoki's eyes and mingle with the freezing drizzle that steadily fell from above.

Alone in her moment of grief and leaning against the girth of a willow's trunk, the sound of paws brashly striking out against the snow blanketed earth in what seemed like a desperate attempt to flee something warranted closed lids to fly open and reveal a pair of smoldering amber irises underneath. A quick sniffle and shake of her piebald pattern fur riding any telltale signs the Ridge matriarch had been mourning all they had lost before allowing her gaze to observe the landscape around her, half expecting a member of the pack to inform her another tragedy had struck. Would it be Nicolo Archer that withered away next, so overwhelmed with the grief that consumed him now that he had lost not only one, but both of his sisters? For a moment anxiousness and fear held a vice grip on her heart at such a thought, giving her head another shake to rid such negativity.

Gradually the sound grew louder and up ahead her line of sight followed the moving variation of russet and tawny fur belonging only to @Renier, the current patriarch since Nico had stepped down to grieve the loss of Adele. Eventually, his path began to take him away from the confines of the Ridge and realizing this a need to ensure nothing was wrong arose, ebony limbs set into motion to close the distance between them and track the man's prints in the snow until the agouti man was found sheltered beneath the bumbershoot shaped canopy of a distant willow. "Renier..?" Enoki calls out softly in a tone laced in concern, the warmth of her breath leaving her lips in another vapor cloud that swirled about until it disappeared altogether, paws halting mid-step toward the man.

Word Count: 409
Ashbash 2016 - Sebastian Unrau 
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

A shake of his coat, out of habit of necessity, some of the water flew from him. He reclined to his haunches in a small attempt to remain warm. While temporarily he closed his eyes, wishing the numbness in his paws would simply take over. Life was easier if he could kill his heart, and focus on anything else.

The icy rain continued, a steady cacophony of pings, and ticks beating in the quick rhythm with his heart. Still forcefully pumping from his run, and sudden coldness he'd pushed himself in to. It didn't occur to him he had been seen. He hadn't spotted a soul, and figured most were safe behind the borders. They had been that morning.The soft inquiry of his name, brought his eyes open, landing on a frail silver wisp. Then the fiery gaze of a dark, and ivory lady before him. @Enoki.

Starting, his red ears swiveled back, brows shooting up, as his gold gaze widen by surprise. At least she'd announced herself, and gaze flickered suddenly in an attempt to smooth his features. Though he looked slightly perplexed, thrown off balance. She must had noticed him leaving, but how could he have missed her?

The torrent of the storm, he would blame.

Seeing what he felt was her own hesitation he scooted over, silently offering her a place in the temporary shelter. But, he didn't doubt she must have come to check on him. But, why?

"Just needed a breather," he muttered. Trying to explain his actions, with a poor attempt of trying to appear fine. "The weather had ideas of its own." Just like life seemed to have for him. Part of him wanted to grumble about it. Had his presence here made any difference to the Ridge? Or would he have been better off else where? He had thought he was making things better, now everything seemed like it had gone to hell again. He felt lost, with little direction how to keep moving forward.

Why he had a want for the warmer months he wasn't necessarily eager for their arrival. He knew there would be more changes. How, he doubted they would be of any good. How badly the Lyall had wanted to see the Ridge survive, but now it didn't seem enough. It seemed they were only a stone throw from unraveling to nothing.

Anxious, perhaps nervous, he shifted his weight between his limbs, trying to meet her bright stare to read her. He wanted to ask if she was okay, but he shoved the question aside. How could anybody be? "Don't catch cold," he more warmly spoke, but as much as he wanted to smile there wasn't one to give.

Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

At first, the magpie woman couldn't be sure if the Lyall had heard her call out his name, smoldering amber eyes studying the way his own eyes fell to a close and the slushy rain continued its assault from above to saturate the depths of her plush winter pelt. A constant orchestra of pings and ticks filling her ears until finally, amber met gold. Russet ears splayed back and glance widened it was apparent she had caught the man by surprise, undoubtedly believing he had made a quiet get away. Alas, he had not.

Needed a breather. Ebony ears listened attentively to his justification for running away despite the man not needing to explain himself. She had come to check up on him, yes, but she couldn't blame Renier for wanting to get away. The willows were suffocating with the grief and despair that choked them to the snow buried roots. How could anyone not feel the urge to leave a place that felt more hopeless now than someone dared to admit? Warmer words soon fell from his lips and gratefully, Enoki gave her dampened pelt a good shake before sliding her way underneath the temporary shelter he had found once his frame scooted off to the side, letting the dappled coloration of her body press into his to offer what little warmth she could while her ivory painted haunches lowered into the snow underfoot.

"I don't blame you, honestly. It's hard to stay somewhere filled with more sadness than happiness now." A heavy sigh falling shortly behind her words. "But saw you take off and wanted to make sure everything was alright."

Word Count: 273
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

There was no mirth in her eyes, nor judgement. It alleviated some anxiety, it wasn't enough to quell the rest. If there positions were changed he would have done the same thing. He only felt it out of place, for she didn't need another worry.

The piebald lady didn't decline, and step out. She didn't seem to fight the idea of staying, to shake her coat, and sit beside him. Their contrasting coats mingling, her warmth immediate. Making his side feel something akin to flames. He wouldn't deny it was pleasant. He had had little contact before the funeral, and after it had become non-existent until Ravenna had left. Sharing a goodbye hug. He hoped she had found shelter from this wicked storm.

He suddenly felt the shift of her rib cage, and he scarcely dared move. Ears were open, and his heart. While his gold eyes fell to the faint light of the makeshift opening, he pulled apart the words she'd used. Everything had kept spiraling downward. Was it to the bottom yet? The Ridge was more of an empty husk, and he couldn't breathe it back to life.

The pound of his heart felt heavy as she spoke why she'd followed after him. Was she ever worried he would leave? He wasn't sure what to think. But, he had seen her caring, selfless nature first hand. Should he really be surprised it extended to him?

"Thanks," was all he could manage to utter back. He swallowed whatever else there had been. Afraid.

He didn't want to leave the gap of silence. Even if he really didn't feel like talking, afraid of tripping over his tongue. "Ravenna travels to the north to pass the news. I told her I'd tell our allies. Secret Woodlands, and Grizzly Hollow. I mended the break a bit ago..." He wasn't sure if she had known, and felt it was best to tell her now. He wanted to try to be united as leaders. The best way to move forward, and try to cut off any chaos.

"Sven speaks about another pack near by. Charred Ash Draw. I've met one of the fellows there who hunted with me. They seem a nice bunch." He thought it was where the young wolf spent most of his time, but didn't blame him. Kerberos's nature was catching. Any where had to be better than here."I really want to do something in this dark time, but I don't know what." It was a big step for him, to admit his uncertainty so easily to @Enoki. He may have gotten better at letting his pride go, but it still wasn't easy.

(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2017, 04:46 PM by Renier.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

A simple thank you was all the pale agouti man offered at first and Enoki was content to accept that, unsure if the man was willing to converse further nor wanting to push the subject. In such a short period of time a lot had transpired in the willow forest and who was she to force someone to talk and open wounds still needing time to mend and heal? Some she doubt would ever entirely heal, but that was something only time could determine. Although the magpie hadn't need to wonder long.

Renier began filling the silence shortly with information that was more or less new to her in regards to Ravenna; whom she had noticed missing from the Ridge territory, and an amend of sorts fixing the strained relationship that lay between themselves and the Hollow wolves. When were they planning to tell her this, or were they going to keep her in the dark? So much for unity.

Keeping any trace of irritation from her voice, she speaks about the first bit of information. "This is news to me and I would have liked to have been informed immediately, but at least we're on the same page now. Morganna deserves to know of her mother's passing regardless of what happened here." Amber eyes cast their gaze upon his creamy face briefly to study it for any indications about how he was feeling.

And then she was informed with more new information. This time regarding a new pack that had chosen to claim land close enough to cross paths frequently with the members of the Ridge or at least Sven and himself. Charred Ash Draw. She took mental note of the name and tucked it safely away, shifting her gaze forward to watch the slush that fell outside their shelter while he commented about how nice they seemed. Perhaps he was right, but that was something she would wait to see for herself.

Ebony ears pricked forward then rotated back when the conversation detoured vaguely in reference to the dark times they were currently facing, another sigh falling from her inky lips. "That makes two of us. We can't continue on this way if we want things to change and change needs to happen." She spoke, allowing her partner in these tough times to hear her own uncertainty she otherwise kept shielded from the others.

Word Count: 396
(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2017, 02:08 AM by Enoki.)
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

She didn't appear annoyed, but rather business like in her response. He felt a small bite of anger, and loss. It wasn't like he had held it from her out of ill will. The whole What happened here did not improve his outlook. Nicolo still appeared the innocent one in that, instead of the one who had helped force the divide. He had to bite back the acid in his mouth. With her eyes upon him, puzzlement raised a single brow. But, his facade still remained rather somber.

"She called for both of us, I just thought...maybe you couldn't answer. I've tried to leave everyone alone to grieve as they may." Eyes closed temporarily. He thought she may have put two and two together. He let out a rough sigh, caught in the act of biting his tongue or letting it loose. Gold gaze opened, locking at the ground by his feet, his voice suddenly more quiet.

"I went to Grizzly Hollow on Elettra's orders. She wanted the rift fixed. I suppose it's time to have a meeting. Make sure everyone is aware of everything. I told Ravenna I would inform our allies what has happened too." He dared to let his eyes up then, to try to decipher her own thoughts, and feelings. If she felt he was sincere. Trying to do the best he could. Something nagged at him. "Do you even know why Morganna left this place?"

As he sat, soaking up the pattering rain, he hadn't expected his mood to improve, but he felt like it was continuing to drop. He wanted to just be Ren, not the guy who'd seen Elettra and Angier fall, not the one who had to hold the remaining pieces and try to keep them together. Nor the one that felt so out of place now. In the way.

He slowly nodded in agreement. Things did need to change, but how they would he wished he knew. "After the meeting, a hunt outside the lands could be a small start? If everyone seems up for that?" It was Nicolo he was most curious, slightly worried about, but did not ask. There were other things he needed to know. "How are you doing? What change do you want to see? I only feel like a place holder here..."

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2017, 05:17 PM by Renier.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Warning, blabbering wall of text coming your way!

Enoki Ashrelle

"She called for both of us, I just thought...maybe you couldn't answer. I've tried to leave everyone alone to grieve as they may." Insert paw into the mouth. Guilt forced her eyes to shift away from his face and instead focus its smoldering gaze upon the dreary weather that surrounded them outside, swallowing back the lump that had began to creep into the back of her throat while an ebony ear closest to the tawny man twisted in his direction to catch the softer spoken words that fell from his lips next. El had orchestrated the repair to the hole ripped between the two packs, further shoving the metaphorical paw in her mouth until she could feel it settling in her gut like a brick.

A heavy sigh was exhaled into the cold air, finally bringing herself to look back to the Lyall after mentally ripping his head off with unfair thoughts that he had purposely kept this information from her. "I didn't mean to snap.." Enoki's own voice adopting a softer tone, ears swiveling back to lay flat against the back of her skill, an attempt at an apology before Renier posed a question that had them standing erect once more.

Did she actually know the reason Morganna left? Honestly, she had only heard whispers among the willows but nobody had directly informed her what had transpired. Not even Nicolo. Would Renier look at her differently finding out she was pretty much in the dark about the whole situation? "I don't, no. I only know what I've heard being whispered about at the time." At the time it was a war between Archers and unlike nearly the entire pack she was not an Archer by any means.

"I think that's a good start. Something that could help bring us closer together again instead of living like just a bunch of wolves that happen to roam the same stretch of land." Here her gaze locks onto the golden hue of his, contemplating her answer to his next set of questions. How was she doing? "I honestly don't know how to answer that. I was close to Adele and losing her sucked, but I was even closer to Elettra. Not only was she my leader, but my dearest friend and the reason I came to Willow Ridge in the first place. She saw potential in me." A sigh filled with suppressed emotion bubbled forth, gaze once more casting itself outward to watch the continuous pitter patter of rain outside their makeshift shelter, fur dampening further. "Now I'm left to run a pack that sometimes doesn't even seem salvageable anymore without the guidance of the one who forged it, but I want to save it. I want to make this pack glorious and powerful again." A hunger for exactly that burning behind each word she let fall from her tongue. "I know that's what Elettra would want and I made her a promise not to fail her when she handed me the title of leader. I can't fail her Renier..."

Ablaze, brightly lit amber eyes once more honed in on his, a teary glisten beginning to form at the corner of her eyes from the raw emotion coming forth. "So much needs to change around here. Where is the unity, the trust in one another? How can we expect to grow if we can't all accept we have one common goal in mind?" Not wanting to overwhelm the man with her thoughts, her jaws snapped shut, allowing herself a few minutes of silence to quell the raging sea of emotions within. "If you feel that way then do something to change it." Her words were not meant to be hurtful, but inspiring if at all possible. "Prove to us and more importantly to yourself that isn't the case. Don't think that your work goes unnoticed, Renier. You've been working hard if not the hardest out of all of us here, myself included." This was a new era for Willow Ridge and perhaps it was time some code-switching occurred in order to make the bigger picture a reality.

Word Count: 685
Ashbash 2017 - Sebastian Unrau 
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

His intention hadn't been to silence the piebald woman. Only explain,trying to ease any ill feelings this, that and the other may have started. "I won't take it to heart," he murmured, offering the slightest nudge to her shoulder. A faint smile warming the edge of his lips. "We're in this together." They both wanted to keep the Ridge a float, and he needed her to see that. Even if it might seem like he didn't have any other place to go. He had the choice to walk away completely, but he hadn't.

He was not one bit surprised she did not know. He doubted it was exactly first hand information Nicolo dealt out. As for Elettra he would like to believe she had known, but either way it didn't seem to make much difference. Though he was curious of where these whispers came from exactly he did not ask. Instead he cleared his throat.

"She left because she was not only threatened, but so were the lives of any pups she would have. There was no other reason she uprooted her life. I would think better of Nicolo if I knew at least he regretted his actions. Claimed his part in it. Knowing he does want better for the future. I am trying to be patient with the man for all this hell he's been given. I don't wish for his demise." He  gave a gentle shake of his head, if it would clear it away. Eyes tried to meet the fiery pair of her own. "I guess I really want to make it clear. Whatever may happen I don't want it to be like that.  I'd like to think we are on the same side, and I'd never wish to cause you any harm. Especially, if anything were to happen like that." This was why he did not talk, did any of that make sense?Would she think he was merely painting Nicolo in a bad way, and himself in better light? He glided his tongue over his teeth, leaving it at that for the moment.

He felt a fraction of a bit better she was open to the idea, if a little amused they felt the same about how divided they were. They could only hope time and effort would change that. No force could be made. The Lyall seemed to straighten, hanging tighter to his breath, concern evident as she answered the one thing he really wanted, to know.  It was not the same without Elettra, and he too wished for her guidance. He could be surprised how she continued to carry on, having lost two dear friends. The same fire and passion she held manifested in her next words. Showing him once more her fiery spirit, and how she choose to keep going. "You won't," he whispered without even thinking. But, he had felt those words more true than anything else.

He was caught quite off guard as tears that glassed her eyes found his once more. He had rarely seen such emotion in anyone, and he didn't think a look such as it would hurt. But, it did. It pushed deep, thrashing against his heartstrings, creating a want to hold her, and brush those tears away. He felt it would be wrong. If it was taking advantage of her some how. He had tried hard not to think of her in that way.

"You are right. I..I'd like to put the past behind me. I'd like to think we all want the same thing. It is hard..." It was rough under normal circumstances, but they'd bit struck some tough blows. Something that should have brought them closer.

It was not for the first time the woman put him in awe, and he hoped it wouldn't be the last. She gave him praise, and he felt his own eyes dampen, a rather unlikely smile. He had long felt hopeless in his efforts. "I've tried. But, don't count yourself short. I think a great part of the life in this pack is because of you."