Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 128 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! @Kajika Takes place just before midnight the evening of 3.16

Okay she just stepped on a sharp piece.

-------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 368

It had been a long and trying couple of days.  She hadn’t walked this long in months, and while last time had been much worse, she was hating it.  Her paws were sore, and she was generally uncomfortable. It didn’t help that being around Kajika somehow made the burning inside of her even worse.

They’d traveled most of the way in silence, which was no fault of Kajika’s; Anaia just didn’t feel like speaking.  She lost her family, somehow found the sister than had been stolen from her, and had then proceeded to leave her behind in preference of a man she’d just met. What did that make her?

When they stopped for the night, Anaia had just collapsed under the nearest tree and tucked herself into a ball and buried her nose under her tail without a word. She’d been having nightmares, but when she woke she couldn’t remember them.  She tried not to think too hard about it, except that she hoped returning to land that might feel more familiar to her would help ease her mind.

Once again, she slipped into an uneasy sleep.

It didn’t last long; she was woken by a harsh crashing sound. Her head snapped up – only to bang her nose on a cold object that had materialized directly in front of her.  It took a moment for the girl to realize it was in fact a monstrous icicle that had fallen not two paw-lengths from her face. She heard creaking and glanced up – there were more of them.

Anaia scrambled to her feet and out of the way as more of the pointed objects released their grip and fell around her, some shattering and others just burying themselves a good part of the way into the frozen ground.  The white woman yelped as pain lanced through her paw, and she didn’t stop moving until she was certain she was no longer standing beneath anything.

She stood stiffly, fur on end as she panted and stared at the spot she had been sleeping mere moments before. It was now a veritable pincushion of ice. Her paw throbbed, and when she glanced down she saw red drops splattered on the crystal snow.

What now?!

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2017, 03:33 PM by Anaia. Edit Reason: fixing reality issue )
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The return trip had started with Anaia in tow and Kajika could just imagine what his alphas were going to say when they saw he’d brought home another stray.  He was ready to go home the feeling that he had been gone far too long starting to creep up on him.  He didn't know if he'd actually accomplished what he'd set out to do, it was something he would know once he saw his Ebony friend once again. He was more eager to get home to Des and Lunette he missed them both very much. His desire to return to the cove pushed him and Anaia into a grueling pace which he felt bad for but the sooner they reached the cove the sooner they could rest.

It was late, he and Anaia had stopped for the night and she'd curled up to sleep as he took up  a lookout position.  Had he been by himself he would have slept but he has to keep an eye out for Anaia especially with her smelling as she did. He had known what would happen the moment they'd set out together but he'd made a promise.  Now her intoxicating scent would like to drive him mad which was another reason he chose to be on the lookout for a few hours each night. Then he would eventually curl up next to her for some rest before they would need to continue the journey.

Kajika had also taken notice of the fact that his traveling companion had a hard time sleeping but he kept any thought about it to himself. He hoped that his presence did bring her some kind of comfort but he couldn't be sure.  

During his look out his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud crashing sound causing him to turn around quickly to see where it had originated.  It didn't take him long to see that Anaia had almost been killed by a large icicle falling right where she'd been laying.  Before he could say or do anything to her more came crashing down around her. Again she managed to escape but he saw the blood on the snow in front of her.

Quickly he went to her, “Are you okay?” He asked her as he reached her side.  He tried to comfort her buy nudging her neck. The smell of blood reach his nares which he found as she looked at her paws was coming from them.

(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 06:26 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! Sorry!

Word Count: 212

Anaia lifted her paw, searching for the source of the blood.  Her pads were cracked and sore from the constant travel, and as she licked the sore foot, her tongue caught on something that sent a stab of pain through her pad.  She gently gripped it and pulled out a sliver of ice that she must have stepped on.  She’d cut her paws on ice before, but she assumed the already tender nature of her paws had allowed it to actually stick.

Kajika joined her, asking after her.

“This always happens!” She wailed in frustration.  It was minor, but it was still an injury and she would likely be sore for a few days. “I told you, I always get hurt!” Her ears fell back.  How could she have let him convince her that maybe she was always getting hurt and failing because she wasn’t getting help? It had nothing to do with help and everything to do with the fact that she was incompetent.

The pale girl hung her head. “I’m sorry.” She mumbled. “I tried to tell you.”

Nothing would change if she couldn’t offer her new pack more.  She wanted to belong again, to be part of a family.  She missed that. But how could she be if she couldn’t do things right?

"Speech"  Thought

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
No worries!

While she lifted her paws to look them over Kajika could see how they were starting to crack and bleed. Anaia had started to lick them which was good, it would clean the cracks in her pads and keep them from getting infected. She however, was upset by this new development claiming it always happened.   That she'd told him she always got hurt, he shook his head knowing that what was happening now was not her fault. “Anaia stop blaming yourself for this.  Yes it's a bit of a set back but it's not your fault this happened.  We've been traveling at a fast pace for long hours, your feet aren't used to it.  We can slow our pace and not travel for so long to help them.” If anything her sore, cracked feet were his fault since he was the one to set the pace.  Now that he was certain they hadn't been followed by her former packmates he didn't see any reason why they had to keep up their grueling pace.

“You have nothing to be sorry for,” he assured her, “If anyone should be sorry it's me,” he told nudging her behind the ear. Once they got back to Fallen Tree Cove he was certain everything would be better for the girl.  All she had to do was give it a chance and with the wolves of the cove being as kind and supportive as they were he was sure she would fit in.  “When we get back we can have Neha look at your paws and then you can get some rest for a couple days to give them time to heal.” He thought the young Vuesain would be happy for the chance to use her healing skills.  

“Come Anaia you mustn't worry.  Things will be different for you in the cove.  I'll introduce you to Moonshadow, I'm sure the two of you will get along great and you'll have me to help you.” All the girl had to do was give it some time and she would be comfortable in the cove in no time.

(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 06:51 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC!  

Word Count: 215

Why was he being so nice to her? It didn’t make sense.  She had done nothing to prove to him that she would make a good pack member.  She had done nothing to show him that he’d made a good choice.  All she’d done was ride on his back and hide behind him like a coward.  She supposed that was an accurate word for her.

Despite her failings, he still took the blame. She shook her head.  “I may not have traveled like this in a few months, but I still kept up a decent pace for a few days after spraining my hip.  Cracked paws is no excuse.” She moaned.

Who was Neha, though? He assumed she was the pack’s healer.  She didn’t want to see another healer, but she supposed it might be different here.  It wasn’t as if she would be down for a month this time.  Her paws were just dry and cold, that’s all.

Still.  History was repeating itself.  All she needed now was another avalanche.

Then he mentioned another wolf. “Who is Moonshadow?” She asked curiously. While making friends wouldn’t be a bad idea – she’d certainly be more plugged into the pack – she was worried about being indebted too much. She wanted to be able to carry her own weight again.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Her paws were a concern to be sure especially when they were still a few days from the cove.  He would be sure to keep an eye on them but since he didn't have any healer training he couldn't provide her with any treatment or relief.  He could make sure they didn't travel so far at knew time and rested for longer periods.  His only concern was getting himself and her home since he was confident they weren't being followed.

She told him about her hip and brushed her paws off as no excuse. “They maybe no excuse but we still have to make sure they don't get infected.  If you think you are okay to travel then we can keep going but if it gets to be too much you need to tell me, okay?” He said giving her a pointed look.

She was showing that she could be strong so he would do what he could to help her continue that.  He wasn't ever one to hinder what another was trying to do so it was like Lunette, he would help Anaia learn she could be strong and confident.  Even still when they returned he would ask Neha to have a look at Anaia's paws to make sure they would be okay.

He had mentioned Moonshadow which seemed to pique the girls interest.  “She’s my friend and my student as well as my rankmate. I think you'll like her and she will like you.  If you need anything and can't find me I am sure she would be happy to help you."

In all honesty he hoped that Anaia might find a friend in Moonshadow. He would of course be the girls friend but he felt that they both needed a female friend.  Des’ friendship with Namid had been valuable to her and he felt a friendship between the two girls would be valuable to them.
(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2017, 01:25 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC!  

Word Count: 272

She felt bad for slowing them down more.  Already she was a burden on the new pack – and she hadn’t even been accepted yet. What sort of impression was she giving by delaying their beta’s return? Despite his kind words, Anaia couldn’t help but feel like he might be regretting his offer.

She nodded silently, placing her paw back on the cold ground and staring between them. Once again she wished she hadn’t gotten separated from her parents.  She’d never been like this before; what had changed? Ever since the avalanche she had been accident prone.  She couldn’t do things.  Maybe it was because she was too stressed.  Maybe it was because her family had picked up her slack without complaint, so she never noticed.  He hoped that wasn’t the case.

A horrible thought struck her.  What if she hadn’t lost them? What if… what if… What if they left me on purpose?

She immediately tried to drive that thought from her mind – they couldn’t do that, they wouldn’t do that – but it would not leave once it had gained entrance. She sniffed. “I’ll be okay.” She mumbled. “I don’t want to slow you down.” She had good stamina, after all. She could push on.

This Moonshadow person sounded nice.  She liked the idea of friends, but at the same time struggled with the thought of getting help.  She’d never really needed – or accepted – it before.  She supposed she would need to now. “I’m ready to go if you are.” She said, standing and stretching.  She wasn’t going to get back to sleep, no matter how tired she was.  Might as well keep moving.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Anaia's paws would be a slight set back but he didn't think that it would set them back too much.  They weren't too far from home and if they kept at least a moderate pace he figured they would be there in time to be home when he was supposed to be.  He couldn't wait to get there but if taking it slower was what was best for Anaia then that was what he would do.  She needed to take care of her paws.

She seemed to understand his desire to make sure her paws didn't become infected with the nod of her head. “You don't need to worry about anything besides keeping them clean,” he told her using his muzzle to try and lift her chin. “I will worry about everything else.  You should take this time to take a few moments for yourself and try and clear your mind. Trust me it really helps and might prepare you a little more for when we reach the borders.” After all being on this trip had helped him.

“I’m sure you will be okay you really are a strong girl but you don't have to worry about slowing me down.  It might be better for us if we did anyway.  I'm just in a hurry because I've been gone for two weeks and I want to see my packmates.” He'd thought about them all often but thinking about them and being in their presence was two very different things.

He nodded when she suggested they go, “Maybe we can find another place to rest later.” He didn't think he would be getting to sleep soon anyway.  It was best they were productive while they couldn't sleep.

(This post was last modified: Mar 25, 2017, 02:11 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC!  

Word Count: 210

On some level, Anaia knew she was over-reacting.  They were just cracked paws.  They likely would have started bleeding even if she hadn’t stepped on a particularly sharp piece of ice. Still, he had been kind enough to help her out and bring her home with him, and now he was delayed in seeing his family.

She nodded silently with his words, pausing and taking a moment to lick the sore pads one more time before continuing. If travel was the issue she should technically rest, but after the scare with the icicles she wasn’t feeling very good about sleeping. At least the walking could be mindless, if she wanted.

“Will you tell me more about your pack?” She asked after a few minutes of silence. If this was going to be her home, she wanted to go in with as much prior knowledge as possible.  Going in blind hadn’t worked for her last time; she didn’t want a repeat of the Monadnock. This Moonshadow sounded nice, and she hoped Neha would be as well, since she was the healer.

But mostly she wanted to know about the alphas. The ruling pair would likely have the biggest impact on her life and well-being. She wanted to know what they were like.

"Speech"  Thought