901 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nadine

bone chilled — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote><i>Early evening. Clear - 41º F / 5º C</i>

Things seemed to be getting better and while Borden was gradually on the mend, he found that following the week he had returned home, he could leisurely travel and patrol much longer than before. Dusk was quickly gathering and while he intended to make his way back to the den, the heart of Grizzly Hollow, he found himself distracted by the scent of a young male. By the strength of the male's 'signature' he could have easily been there no more than two hours ago. The Lyall had just missed him.

The fact alone made his fur bristle. The minuscule twinge of jealousy made a growl rumble through his torso. <i>Who was this guy? When did he become apart of the pack? Most important of all, why hadn't he seen him yet?</i> Did he have his own den or had Borden just not paid enough attention to mind the brute at all? Realizing and learning that another male apart from Raigo lived on the territory made a possessive streak within him flare. <i>Had Jaysyek sought to replace him in order to keep the pack in working order?</i>

His ears swiveled forward and his brow wrinkled as he lowered his nose to the cold earth. Perhaps if he trailed the stranger, he would meet him soon enough... No longer was the fallen leader afraid to act out of his given rank of Lowest.</blockquote>
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Her venture back home, through the length of the Thicket of Secrets and down back into the heart of the Cedar Forest, had been silent, long and tiring. Though she was worn by her endeavor, the lady had no wounds to show for, having avoided the blunt of Ruiko's charge with a counter by the swiftness of her slighter frame, though nothing of slight in comparison to most. Her moments were heavy in her steps, thumping as she made way, and although no longer was she tense and irritable, she was weary and on guard, hackles raised and tail level with her spine as she made way, clear to ward off any predators of stranger wolves, should they bother come near whilst she was in this weakened state- tired and drawn from her fight, or lack there of.
Her paws were muddied to her ankles from the melting on the snow from the past night, left in slush and wet dirt from the fray. On her tongue, was still the blood of Ruiko, acidic and metallic. Her once milky white lips were left with a dull shade of pink, the front of her chest matted and mangled with bits of blood where it had been spilled by her jaws. Though it had been known that only that night the moon laid witness, it would be impossible to hide the affects of the fray. Though Elettra had no means to speak of her fit of tears, nor admit Ruiko had laid in submission and allowed himself to be torn away at his shoulders, nape and back. It would be known as a bad scrap as it had originally intended and nothing more. And although Elettra did not favor the man, she was curious from what he had done and thus the secret of what all truly happened remained safe by her.
As the smell of the cedar pines grew thicker, and the markers of both she, Raigo and mainly Jaysyek came to life, did Elettra's defensive stance simmer, her hackles resting as her tail, her body passing the boarders of her home. By the new morning and pressing onto the early evening, Elettra Archer was renewed. Her first attempt was to find a small pool of water, of a stream which ran off the river in order to wash herself off, though she was caught off guard by the company of Borden, trailing the scent of (Elettra sniffed for herself) Kade. Though she knew the man little, the dark male had past the pack's 'test' well, and Elettra knew that both Kade and Jays felt for one another by the small little flirting gazes they offered. Elettra had only hoped for a new beginning- a new leader, that might not abandoned them, though with Borden's return, it would seem such hopes were lost.
Irritated only by Borden's means to seek out the male as he trailed the scent, was Elettra somehow protective. Her blood-stained lips twisted, her silky black ears pinning to her head and her tail would rise. She would show dominance over him as she still want, eager for him to remember his place, though other then this, no hostility was shown as of yet. "What is it your looking for in him?" She questioned, wondering what Borden planned to do should he find Kade in the long run. After all, as the former alpha of the pack, with a new male in town, certainly he did not just wish to have a delicate conversation.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote><i>"What is it you're looking for in him?"</i> a voice called out from behind him. The Lowest member of Grizzly Hollow froze. <i>Elettra</i>... His body sank for a moment but straightened up slowly as he turned around to look at the pack medic. In turn his own bristled fur flattened. <b>"Nothing too important,"</b> he replied in a light tone. <b>"Just a few word 's all... I wasn't even aware he was here until now."</b> The words rolled off his tongue in a cool manner, the evenness in his voice attempting to spark the notion that he had no intention to get wrapped up in any form of <span class='word'>bobbery</span> with her. In all actuality he was irked and felt absolutely threatened by him - even without knowing his name.

<b>"Has he been here long?"</b> he asked, merely curious now and trying to keep on Elettra's "good" side (that is, if it was actually possible).</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Dec 05, 2011, 04:22 AM by Borden.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
For a moment the lower member's body would dip down, fur not a moment long enough as he would straighten and turn to her. She listened, noticing the nothing 'too' important and wondered what those few words might be- surely something along the lines of 'stay away from my woman' as any wolf might due to another male in the pack, despite the fact that he was no longer their leader. "A lot has changed since you've been gone, Borden." She spoke, her words flat- cold, towards him, as she emphasized the fact that he had been gone and way took long that she would have wished to keep track of. "I don't believe that's any of your business..." She refrained from adding on an 'omega' in there, sure that he knew his place without her saying so, lest she remind him of it. Through in her matted, bloody state, worn from the fight previously, she was more or less unwilling to start a bobbery so easily.
(This post was last modified: Dec 03, 2011, 07:05 AM by Elettra.)
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote><i>"A lot has changed since you've been gone, Borden,"</i> Elettra stated. <i>"I don't believe that's any of your business..."</i> Her words bit at his ears and ate away at his insides. For a moment he was torn about how to respond to her. He was quick to note the state she was in, being tired and worn from whatever escapade she had taken fancy to before coming back home, and decided not to press any of her buttons. The feeling bubbling up in his chest and stomach, however, began to simmer and morph. Where the jealousy had started to burn within him, defeat and that agonizing feeling of longing extinguished it.

<b>"It <i>used</i> to be my business,"</b> he said firmly, looking at her coolly. Then, without warning as he tried to keep himself level-headed, the facade he had been effortlessly keeping up began to crumble. <b>"Could you at least entertain me with any musings of what is going on here?! I've had it with being in the dark! The least you could do is answer me with facts rather than deny me my right in knowing. Is this not my pack also?"</b> He blinked, unable to keep back the distress in his tone. <b>"I'm apart of it, aren't I?"</b>

He slumped down onto his haunches and averted his gaze from the dark lady, his tail tucked and his ears folded back tight against his skull. He felt terrible now for thinking he could easily intimidate the foreign male and earn himself a ticket out of the hell that was defining his position in the pack he had established.

<b>"They're... <i>together</i>, aren't they?"</b> he whispered.</blockquote>
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>She wasn't paticularly doing anything, just walking around the familiar confines of the hollow letting her thoughts get the best of her. She'd simplly decided maybe if they were let out of the box she desperately shoved them in now, she would possibly be able to rest by the time the sun fell. The idea was already set up for failure, and she started the task of checking for rapid wanderers near her borderlines.

The familiar scents of those from the hollow greeted her, and did a bit to sooth her worried soul. If it was one thing she new, it was at least those who lived here were of good hearts, and everyone strived to keep each other safe. This, though not exactly an accomplishment of hers alone, it certainly was not a failure, and helped only further her good mood. When she came upon Elettra's fresh trail she had to follow it, because there was something odd about the muddy tracks. It just didn't seem like El, and her brow furrowed wondering if something had happened.

Jayse was taken by surprise when it met with Borden's scent, and she thought she could hear the faint murmurs of their voices. <i>Oh, dear.</i> Would she have to seperate them? Had they gotten in a scuffle last night? Her pace quickened, and she came upon a worn, red lipped El, and well Borden didn't appear much different. She was utterly surprised, what the hell was going on? She had not been listening to their chatter, as she was more concerned to quickly make sure Borden, and Elettra were without wounds. It was clear they were, and a puzzled look shaped her pale mask.

<b>"Elettra, are you alright?"</b>She asked, not hiding her concern in her voice. She had wanted to ask whose blood was upon her face, but it seemed unimportant for the moment. She could have had an unsuccessful hunt, and it had ended in mishap. Eyes were quick to shift to Borden. <b>"You two weren't at it again, were you?"</b> There was something far beyond her, and she was going to get to the bottom of it.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Dec 05, 2011, 06:29 AM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
”Entertain you?” She growled, appalled by his words. ”I'm not your lesser- you are mine, and thus, it's not my job to entertain you.” She grew weary, already sick of the fight, when nothing more did she wish but to make settlement within her herbal den, take something for her rest and sleep the day away. ”Your right- it used to.” Her words snapped. ”And then you left us, in the dark, as now I shall leave you! Doesnt feel good, does it?” She hissed, and was about to question him further, on the behalf of his mate, or once mate, when Jaysyek decided to make herself known.
Quickly, the leadess made way and by this, Elettra's tail would lower at her arrival, but her gaze still cold and hard on the omega, for she refused to consider himself anything more, for he had long ago lost such a right. "No, Jaysyek. Everything is well, I was just correcting our omega of his meddling." Her words were firm, though as she would shift her gaze to her leadess, a delicate smile would be forced over her bloody lips, to insure her that everything was well here.
Then, to slat her questioning lust, Elettra Archer began her explanation: "I'd a fight with a wolf, not of our pack." She pauses, letting Jays question and wonder. Though Elettra's fur might have been matted with blood, beyond her fur was no wounds of her own. ”It was a large man in Swift River. By their similarities and scent, I'd say the brother of their leader.” She paused, if only long enough for Jaysyek to figure out who he may be. Since they were 'friends' as the man mentioned, surely she would know him. ”I left the lands and traveled north, alone, to grieve for our losses and our pack's struggles...” She would admit her inability to stay with the pack in order to do this, with a lack in which to show such weak emotions to her members, much less a stranger. ”He followed me, and when I spotted him and demanded my privacy- he refused to leave and raised his tail to me.” Not only to he barge in on her, but lifted his tail in dominance- as though he were better then her. Fool! Had he not previously thought her foolish when she had done the same to him, on common ground? ”Naturally to this, I replied with defensive aggression to his arrogant behavior and so, he attacked.”
Her eyes shifted to Borden then, still hard- still cold. She would have rather not of let him hear of the events, though perhaps it was better he had? To allow him to know the toll in which his leave had created, by her need to run off from the pack to mourn, and the fight which had become of it.
(This post was last modified: Dec 05, 2011, 08:56 PM by Elettra.)
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<i>O O C | Ninja post before work starts. hya! 8o</i>

<blockquote>Borden closed his eyes wearily before slowly opening them again, keeping his head turned away. When Jaysyek appeared, his ears perked forward but he folded them back again when he cowered and looked in her direction. His eyes flitted to the white lady before landing on Elettra's paws. He let the Second answer her since she had the right to speak before him. <i>"No, Jaysyek,"</i> Elettra replied and the renegade shook his head as if to confirm that they weren't fighting or anything of the sort. She continued to let Jaysyek know that she was just <i>correcting</i> him and Borden involuntarily shivered before nodding. He wanted to keep his presence as inconsequential as he could once the topic shifted.

He tried hard not to listen but with how Elettra was openly talking to the Hollow leader, he idly took in the information and did not do or say anything more. The guilt that had been washed away when he and Jaysyek met up not too long ago swelled up and nestled in the pit of his stomach again; though, if she hadn't traveled so far north, perhaps she could have avoided such an encounter. His eyes kept alternating from being fixated on the paws of his superiors, the earth under his paws, and the dying <span class='word'>frondescence</span> at his side to fully avert his gaze. His timing though caught him off-guard when the silvery eyes pierced his own; he immediately dropped his gaze, even if a sort of frown had knitted his brows together. Sure, he had been part of the reason why she had been wracked with so much grief, but it was ultimately her fault that she had been attacked away from the Hollow. There should have been enough pack territory to separate herself apart from the pack. Hell, she could have hidden away in her infirmary for the night or the next few days and allow time to heal whatever wounds she had suffered. He was certain no one would have or could have bothered her there.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Dec 07, 2011, 09:56 PM by Borden.)
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>It was no loss to her the coldness, and anger shooting from Elettra to Borden. The evidence was clear what was happening now was nothing more than what had sadly become the usual between them. She noted Borden's meek nod of agreement, the trembles of his body not escaping her attention though she was clearly looking at Elettra through the whole matter assured by her smile. The only change in expression as a small flicker of surprise wondering what kind of meddling Borden was doing. He didn't appear to be any different, and what could he possibly want to know he wouldn't ask her in the first place? Clearly Elettra didn't want to tell him, and she would not question her intent. It became another matter, the issue at hand was what had happened to El.

The story unfolded, and the leader kept her pale mask a composure of indifference. She knew exactly who Elettra was talking about, but waited to hear the whole story to understand how the circumstances had come about. Her heart went out to her, knowing she was just as affected by the tragedies of Grizzly Hollow as she was, and silently nodded, understanding how El would want to be alone. Jaysyek had often worried how El vented anything out with her tough exterior, wanting to keep her pride intact. She knew it was a great strain, especially all that they had endured, she could easily picture Ruiko flairing her Second's already thin patience. <b>"Ah, I'm sorry it came to that, but I can't say I blame you. I hope you didn't leave him in too many pieces?"</b> Tone was not warm, but soft in rhythem while her eyes noted all the blood upon her wondering why Ruiko had not left a mark. Clearly she would ponder if this might put a strain on between herself, and the River wolf. Or if Elettra would disaprove of Jayse reamining friends with the Tainn if it did not. More lost questions, and something else to haunt her thoughts. She couldn't sort it out now, and time would only tell if she would see the tawny male again to find out.

Elettra was her concern, and everything else would have to fall into place. A harsh sigh, she took a step closer to make sure she really was not harmed. When the closer inspection brought nothing, she half smiled to the dark lady in a sort of awe mixed with earnest of her well being.<b>"You sure your alright? You look dead on your paws."</b> She of coarse was aware of Borden in the mix, but he did not offer a single sound, and Elettra's look had him still defeated it would seem.</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
sry for the late reply. with the stardust festival going on in doutaini, much of my attention has been swayed.

Silent was the omega, though surely listening to the conversation in which Elettra did not bother hiding from him. Little did she bother to hide things from others as long as it was of herself to tell, savor her own personal feelings. ”No, nor many.” A coy smirk would show on her lips then, teasingly to the question. Though this was the confirmation in which her leadess which, despite the fact that she held many more questions at hand, most in which Elettra would not have been able to answer otherwise. Still, Elettra Archer was uncertain of the situation herself and how it all had played out. Although she held an interest in the man by his former actions, the dark woman did not plan to seek him out any time soon, if ever. With a sigh then, Jaysyek would come closer and Elettra would allow her, having long ago grown comfortable of the woman, along with her protectiveness and trust towards the young white leadess. “Yes, I will be fine- thank you.” There was a pause, enough for her tail to wave between her limbs slightly, the softest of smiles gracing the stained pink of her otherwise white lips. ”I just need some rest, is all.” Her pale gray/silver gaze would shift to Borden then, only in wonder if he held anything interesting enough to say to her. The moment, he lay defeated, stunned in his placement by yet another harsh gesture by Elettra, though it had been better then their last meeting, without the need for violence whether otherwise her words enough were there to tear him down. Quite frankly, El hoped that Kade would make his way into Jays interests, for the first time she had met him, they had been offering each other gazes of interest. However, with Borden's return, this seemed less likely, and put a damper on El's own wishes for the pack.