(See All?) Announcements
375 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nadine, Apollo

the gambler — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
for @Enoki, @Triell & @Naira only.

Sven and his co-leader stopped short at the border, the boy's paws clenching the snow beneath them with nerves. More and more his desires were being bared, and what if it all didn't work out? What would he do then, what face would he have to save? He'd never thought himself to have made a mistake before, but now, in the pit of his stomach, he couldn't be sure that he wasn't making a large one. He hadn't even met the other leader of the Draw yet, only glimpsing her in passing a time or two during his visits with his friends. How different could she be from Sahalie's father, laid back and understanding Triell? Sven knew well that opposites often mixed, for better or worse.

After all, look at the woman he was hoping to start a family with and himself.

A deep breath, and then a glance to Enoki.

"I'm nervous," he confided in her, thinking maybe it'd make him feel better. It didn't. He felt sick.

But as he had with their discussion two days prior, he donned an appearance of cool confidence before tipping back his skull and calling out to the leaders of the Draw, requesting a meeting.

@Leotie and @Kerberos would surely ask him about this later. Hopefully, he would be able to tell them the truth, but only if it all worked out.
(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2017, 01:32 PM by Sven.)
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

Silently the magpie woman took note of the direction they traveled and certain markers within the wildwood that led the way toward these Draw wolves she had yet to meet herself, but her co-leader Sven had become quite chummy with. Enough so that he had proposed the idea of forming an alliance with this new pack and pushing his luck with the idea of asking for permission to breed with one of their subordinates. The entire thing still felt like a wild idea to her, but she had to give the pale Archer support. At least he was going about this in a manner far better than what his own father had. Something that helped to paint the man in a better picture than his sire.

Eventually the leading duo came to a halt in the snow and the scent of freshly marked borders lofted into the crisp air to fill her nostrils, smoldering amber eyes scanning the nearby horizon for signs of movement until her attention was captured by a statement falling of Sven's lips, confiding in her the nervousness flooding his stomach. "Take a deep breath. You should prepare yourself to hear either answer for they might not be as understanding of your request as you may think." As a sign of her support for him in this moment, she reached her scarred muzzle out to press a soft bump to his ivory shoulder in solidarity before his head tilted back to call for the leaders.

Patiently the piebald female waited by his side, remembering that she was no longer on her own turf and adopted a more neutral position. A twinge of anxiousness emerging as her mind pondered how Triell would react to seeing a stranger he danced with and probably never expected to hear from again appear at his borders suddenly. For now, all that could be done was wait.

Word Count: 314
Ashbash 2017 - Sebastian Unrau 
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
glitter & gold
Naira

She had been enjoying a quiet stroll with @Triell when the howl went up, and half their luck too. She threw her mate one questioning glance, the unspoken words confirmed by his own perked ears as they changed direction to make their way to where the summoner called. The voice was a familiar one, and that he wasn't just skulking around with Kerberos and Leotie only left Naira puzzled as to what he could possibly want with them. His scent alone was enough to put the woman on edge, willows summoning no fond feelings for the ageing wolf. This all left her with a horrid sense of deja vu, carrying her children while the scent of strangers infiltrated her home. Her steps grew stiffer as they grew near. He hadn't come alone and she tried to ease some of her own hostility by leaning into Triell's flank and drawing a deep and steadying breath.

There were just some memories you couldn't outrun.

She tried to keep her stance neutral in her approach but she couldn't shake the tension from her shoulders, the thick arctic fur that wished to puff just so across her nape and shoulders, against the cold of the last week and whatever request these strangers might have of her and her pack. Nor the way her chin tipped ever so slightly downward, covering her throat and allowing her to meet the gaze of their visitors head on. For as far as she was concerned no pack of hers would ever owe the Willows a skerrick, that she was even giving them the time of day was miracle enough. Triell knew of her history with the Ridge, and she would allow him to speak first, preferring to observe in the first instance. Her temper was notoriously short-fused and the anxiety that scent bought with it wasn't one she would easily shake.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

A lightness was in his step, the day rather uneventful as he enjoyed his mate's company. In a few months time they would all be quite busy, and it was nice to have these quiet moments to themselves. They had spoken of names, and now they needed to break the news to their older children. Something he hoped would be a nice surprise rather than leading to disdain. Thoughts drifted to Zerxes, and Leotie wondering if they knew by now.

Sven's voice ringing out disrupted his thoughts. He was asking for them. It was a bit unusual for the young wolf to be formal, so it must be something of that nature. What could it be about? Did the Ridge have some trouble? Fiery eyes lingered upon Naira's, aware of her sudden discomfort. The young wolf's visits, seemed barely tolerable to her. But, considering the terrible tale, he felt she took his presence rather well. Still, he worried, hoping it would not pull her into fear and panic. Steadfast, they went off to meet their visitor.

The Tainn kept his frame tall, confidently keeping by her side, offering comfort as he could. It took a great deal for her to do this, and he understood her rather distrusting stance. It was not only Sven who had come to them. A familiar piebald woman had accompanied him. It made him further wonder what this meeting was about. Yet, they had done nothing more than dance that night. She did not carry just the scent of the willows, but that of a mother to be. He guessed she must be the leader of the pack, the other her mate.

Despite the surprise the dark wolf didn't falter. His eyes swept over the pair, and his raised tail gave a gentle wave.  "Sven, Enoki," he greeted with a dip of his head. Gaze shifted to his mate, watching closely for warning signs. So far so good, and his attention was back to their company. "What is it you need of Naira and me?" He went directly to it, as they had to have some reason, want, or need.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2017, 04:17 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
Enoki's words were far from comforting, but they were honest and Sven valued that. As his own nerves shifted around within him, like butterflies with sharp, metallic wings, he was given far too much time to think between the moment his notes faded from the sky and that when the alpha pair of the Draw appeared. He'd never doubted himself so much before, didn't that mean something? Why should he force that which felt so wrong?

The indecision that rampaged within him remained trapped there, hidden from his features as he greeted Triell and his mate with a warm smile. There was something off about the way the woman held herself, but again, Sven knew nothing of her other than she annoyed Sahalie to no end and he would not make any damaging assumptions, certainly not before even a word could be spoken.

A polite smile graced his black lips as he dipped his head in acknowledgement of the respect that was owed to the two leaders.

"Hello. I've come to tell you that I've recently taken leadership of the Ridge, and now that it is within my power to do so, I'd like to formally begin to strengthen the relationship between our packs. You've been accepting of me from the start, I'm as close to some of your subordinates as I am my own pack mates. That's significant to me, and I want to ensure that the Ridge matches your graciousness."

By asking you to raise my first litter for me... Oh don't worry, I'll be by!... When I'm not leading another pack two whole days away...

Was that really the kind of alpha he wanted to be, the kind of father? The doubt was mounting, and as much as Sven wanted to believe that yes, he could do it all, everything his own father couldn't in one fell swoop, the risks were too great to keep ignoring. Now that it was real, right on the tip of his tongue, the ice cold anxiety began forcing him to see the holes in his idealic plot.
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

And wait they did. Shifting her weight every so often on her paws, eventually, a duo of silhouettes appeared just beyond the border. A black shadow with a splash of white was easily recognized as the Tainn she had met in the woods, but the agouti woman that stiffly walked at his side was a mystery wolf, her tension easily picked up by the magpie and further forcing the younger woman into a slightly lower position to hopefully appease whatever reasoning fueled Naira to give off such a hostile vibe. Enoki knew not of her past with the Ridge, but perhaps the older woman's silence was for the best for now.

"It's good to see you again, Triell and a pleasure to meet you, Naira." She greeted the woman genuinely, smoldering amber gaze shifting onto him now in order to help ease some of the anxiousness she felt being pinned beneath such a silent, cold stare. Nodding in respect, she then let herself fall into her own state of silence, allowing Sven to speak up on behalf of why they had bothered to travel out this way since honestly, it had been entirely his idea in the first place. She had agreed with what he proposed and now was merely here for moral support whichever direction things happened to go. So far so good, right?

Word Count: 225
Ashbash 2017 - Sebastian Unrau 
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
glitter & gold
Naira

At first, she was taken aback by the pale boy's declaration, but then again, hadn't Rhysis been a similar age when they had founded Poison Path? (and just look what a mess that had resulted in). She still managed to bite her tongue, allowing herself some time to process just why he was here, a tight smile and a nod offered to his companion at her greeting. The piebald woman was clearly with child and the two-day journey could hardly have been pleasant on the mother to be. Experience alone was enough to tell her that there was probably something more, something that wasn't being said, but she didn't care to pry when there was so much more to consider.

She was too old to try and hide the judgment from her eyes although her tone remained flat as she met the younger wolf's silver stare. "You dragged a pregnant woman across the Lore to establish an alliance?" The first weeks could be the worst and she turned to @Enoki with a softer glance. "We established in the middle of winter so we have no medicinal stores to speak of but if you're experiencing any nausea, or wish to eat, I'm sure @Kerberos would be willing to track something down to help." The offer out of the way, she gave herself a small shake, like a housewife greeting unexpected guests. Had she been human she may have clapped her flour covered hands and wiped them on her apron. "All that aside, it is a long journey home. Will you be staying the night?" Better to rest within the protection of borders than out there, in unclaimed lands, especially in such a delicate state.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]