283 Users Online
Bing, Google

canary sings to the crow — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Before the meeting? For @Wraith || Early morning, Heavy snow, 30 ° F, -1 ° C

She felt a bit colder at night. The lack of Morganna pressed against her left one side of her with the feeling of something missing. Piety knew that the offer to go after them wouldn't expire but as long as there were wolves left here things would need to be taken care of. Not to mention Piety wasn't about to go sauntering off pregnant into the wilderness and after the unknown. Morganna had a handful of wolves with her not to mention she was sure that the Archer could handle herself anyway. But the still new couple had decided to stay put and take up the duties of the Monadnock.

Restless with her thoughts she lazily rolled partially on top of the giant by her side. At first, she groomed his scruff with gentleness. The only time she was ever rough with him was in spars but they certainly weren't doing much of that in her current state. Her grooming quickly turned into soft nips. She worked her way to his ear. Softly holding onto his dark ear and giving gentle tugs like a needy child. One more tug was given before she slowly gotten up. Her pale form moving into the entrance of the den to get a better look at everything outside. The world was blanketed in more snow. She wondered if spring would ever come to the land.

With a disappointed huff, she exited the den and carefully worked her way towards the goat track to reach the bottom of the Monadnock. No matter the weather there were things to be done.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
It was an adjustment, to be sure. Even Morganna's scent was growing stale within the den, leaving Wraith with an empty feeling in his gut. As days passed, wolves seemed to flee from the borders of the monadnock as if some infection had settled within. Well, let the purge come, he decided. Let those who truly wanted to stay remain while the others found their own way. The den was quieter for it, and the mated pair shouldered the burden most of all.

Still groggy from sleep, Wraith grunted when Piety rolled on him, but found himself comforted by the extra weight and made no effort to toss her off. Her attention shifted from sweet, gentle grooming to almost puppy like insistent demands for attention. Eyes still closed, his lips lifted into a wry smile. Persistent woman. He hardly got enough sleep as it was and her restlessness was damned and determined to keep him from getting any more.

Finally, she relented to go off and entertain herself and of course Wraith felt obligated to follow. Blinking blearily, amber eyes tracked her form for a moment before he yawned widely. As she started off into the snow, the brute stood and gave a long, lazy stretch. He contemplated plopping right back down and curling up for more worthwhile sleep without her nagging, yet his paws carried him after her anyway. As Wraith came from behind, he nipped at her hock in a cheeky retaliation for her attention mongering.

"Morning, darling." His grin was all mischief and daring, the sleep gone from his amber eyes now.
[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
The pale female was almost positive she'd be taking a morning patrol alone. It might do her well to be able to settle her thoughts in silence. Did she really wish to be left alone with her thoughts? Not really. Did she realize it would happen sooner or later? Yes. Her eyes still half open from a certain kind of tiredness, more emotionally than physically. Piety's steps were purely from memory at this point. She felt confident in her direction even if she closed her eyes.

Muddy eyes shot wide open though when there was a playful nip near her rear. A soft growl rumbled from her as the large giant came up by her side. She couldn't miss that smile of his so her tail swayed to brush against him. "Morning, Wraith." Piety moved her nose to press against his cheek for a moment. "Was worried you were going to sleep straight through our morning patrol." She laughed in good nature. Piety knew that they both weren't sleeping very well due to recent events but would they ever get better if they didn't make light of situations?

"In all seriousness," Her brown eyes looked over at the male beside her. "how are you feeling? You can head back to the den if you need to." Piety's tone was laced with a strong dose of concern. She wanted nothing but the best for her mate and the rest of the pack. If that meant her playing caretaker till things settled down again then so be it.
# C W T
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

He half expected her to nip his cheek in play, but was just as pleased by the sweet nuzzle there instead. Piety was far from predictable. It was part of her endless charm, in his opinion. Boredom was not an option. "I might have," he agreed with a grin before his eyes narrowed in mock annoyance. "But I fear I had a rather pesky rat gnawing on my ears. I just couldn't let that go on." He would have been content to let the issue drop since Piety's attention seeking was something he'd grown rather fond of anyway, but she persisted with more seriousness.

"I'm fine, darling one," he murmured, voice dipping low and quiet even if there was no one near to hear. As the pair walked side by side on their patrol, the brute breathed deeply and lowered his head. "It's been a long few days for the both of us." Amber eyes lifted to catch her warm brown gaze with mirrored concern. "What about you? How are you holding up?" It was no secret to either of them how deeply Morganna's leaving affected them. Wraith, too, mourned the absence of the pups for he had grown used to their presence and liveliness. It was far too quiet without them. "Are you feeling unwell?" he asked, worried as always for her physical and mental health. "Any pain?"

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Her eyes widened and she gave him a good nip. "I am not a rat!" She tried to keep her tone serious but couldn't help the laughter that followed after. Piety was aware that it was a good joke. Wraith had never been truly harsh to her.

The dove's mind quickly switched when he answered her question. She quickly leaned into him, a silent reminder that she was here for him. "If you say so." Her voice was a soft whisper only for him. Piety's tail had ceased any wagging and laid limply behind her. "I'm okay. I miss her and the invitation was nice but I can't leave this place or you." Out of all the wolves that left, Morganna would be the one missed the most on Piety's side. She let a silence settle for a few moments as they strolled along towards the borders.

Her good ear flicked softly as Wraith asked a few more questions. The dove offered him a smile. "I don't feel awful yet. A little nauseous sometimes and obviously hungry like a damn bear." Piety gave him a good look to make sure he wasn't worrying too much. They both had full plates now and the last thing she wanted was for him to overstress himself with her wellbeing.
# C W T
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

The more thought the brute put into their new roles, the easier it was for him to come to terms with Morganna's leaving and Craw's following. After the male's absence for so long, Wraith's respect for his brother's decisions had dwindled dangerously low. It was for the best, he told himself, that he was not forced to keep the spider's company in the coming weeks. Not to say it didn't still sting. All of it hurt. But together, they would carry on and be stronger for it.

And what male didn't enjoy hearing that his woman would rather stay with him than follow after her closest and most trusted friend?

"The hunger's natural," he murmured, more as if he was speaking to himself. After suffering through Morganna's cravings, he felt relatively comfortable being driven into the ground hunting to feed a single wolf like an entire pack. "Let me know if the nausea gets too bad." Not that he knew anything about herbs and remedies...but he wasn't too proud to ask it of a healer from a neighboring pack.

Which only reminded him how many packs were nearby. And how many relations he intended to repair. Wraith lacked the temper that was ripe within Whitestone's previous leaders and he was absolutely not carrying on another wolf's grudges when his mate and children were on the line. As soon as everything got settled, he'd make a trip out to meet with various leaders. Maybe he'd take @Roosemooth along if @Piety was not feeling up for the trek. The male struck him as level-headed, a trait he intended to encourage whole-heartedly.

As the pair rounded on the westernmost aspect of their borders, he could see the dotted movement of caribou in the distance. Calving season was nearing and a pack hunt was certainly overdue. It was next on the agenda. "We should visit the other packs. Let them know of the change. Or I can, if the distance is too far for you. I can take Roosemooth," he told her, echoing his thoughts. "And then a hunt. We'll scout them well. I can drive one and the others can finish it if you want to herd it." The suggestion was with her pregnancy in mind. Of course, Piety was no invalid. But Wraith was overprotective and intended to keep her as safe as possible.

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
"Thank you, love. I will." She planted a soft kiss on his chin as she tested out the little name for him. Piety realized that @Wraith was always calling her cute things. Perhaps it was about time that she tried to return the favor.

She slowly moved next to his large size. Her eyes followed out where he looked and she couldn't miss it. The moving dots of prey out in the tundra. Piety's tail raised and waved in an eager sort of way. A soft whine crept up her throat. She almost missed his words but quickly regained herself. "I think taking Roosemooth would be a good idea. It'll allow one of us to keep an eye on the Monadnock while the other is out. May also give me some time to bond with others." She smiled and bumped her shoulder into the large Kael. "That sounds good but I hope there are weak ones to pick off. We don't exactly have a whole army anymore." The pale female joked kindly. Piety supposed that they had enough to hunt but the thought of trying to go after anything big kind of spooked her. Without a healer, she couldn't afford to have anyone getting hurt. Heaven forbids if someone wanted to scrap over ranks so viciously like Zahira had done to Piety. Just like that, there was a subtle sense of anxiety growing within.

"I think I'm going to try to talk to Cheedo here soon. She brought valuable gifts and I'd like to find out if she desires to work towards a certain role." She softly mused aloud. Piety wondered what the small female was up to now. Maybe after this, Piety would go find her to have a bit of a casual discussion.
# C W T
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

Hearing Piety call him by such an endearment brought a grin to his face. Her hesitance in using it was fine by him and he chuckled warmly. "You don't have to force it, Piety. Take your time." Still, he was unable to hide his pleasure that she'd try it out for his sake. How did he get so lucky to have captured and been captured by her?

As she agreed on staying behind, it would be a lie if Wraith were to say he didn't feel relief for it. While he wanted Piety by his side at all times, taking her along on a long trek into potentially dangerous territory was the last thing he wanted. But the trip had to be made, so knowing that she was ready and willing to stay behind set his mind at ease. "Good. I think @Cheedo may be having a hard time." There was no obvious sign the female had given that she was uncomfortable, but the male was astute and all observations had seen the woman looking tense more oft than not.

"And we'll find the weak link, of course." Wraith may have a large amount of pride, but he wasn't stupid. His own parents had instilled into him the importance of not taking down the strongest of the herd, for they were meant to carry on their lineage and provide more strength for survival during the harshest of times. The pack was meant to weed out those unfit for survival and use it to enhance their own. Or so those old teachings had said. Thus far, he'd not found fault in the rule.

He smiled and nodded his assent at her mention of roles. He should have thought of that as well, he supposed. Another headache to add onto the pile. But later. Later. For now, he wanted to spend time with his mate without the distractions that came with leadership.

On a sharp yip, Wraith nipped at Piety's ear and bounded playfully out of reach. Bowing down in play, his eyes danced with challenge. Pregnant or not, she could probably still out run him!

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Piety wouldn't lie, she felt a bit foolish and embarrassed. Her face flushed but luckily hidden by the thick pale fur. Without a word, she offered a soft growl and bumped into his shoulder. It was a silent "thank you for understanding". A lover's bond was something magical. It was a bit different compared to what she had in the past but she didn't mind. Different was good and was doing her good now.

"I'm sure a little girl time will do her good." A soft smile tugged on her face. With Morganna gone and Saradathia working to the bone, Piety hadn't had much female interaction. Might have been a good thing considering she could be a bit snappy on her bad days but she couldn't just socialize with Wraith. Even though that sounded a bit glorious. "Gives me time to get to know her better too. Perhaps there's something on her mind." She mused aloud as they strolled together. There were no real secrets between them so Piety speaking her thoughts out loud was a rather common thing.

"Mm I know." Her voice was soft. Even if she knew that Wraith was smart that didn't stop her from worrying. It didn't help that her current state made her brain a little wonky.

She felt his nip on her ear but before she could speak he bounced out of reach. Her tail eagerly wagged about. The dove was familiar with that look in his eyes. How many times had they run through the lowlands on the way home playing tag or exchanging shoves? She offered a loud bark in return, a sign that she accepted his challenge. Her pale form giving chase towards where her love was.
# C W T