562 Users Online
Bing, Google

secret life between your eyes — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 53 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Oisin
@Sven <3 || Morning, Partly cloudy, 47 ° F, 8 ° C

The small girl hummed as she weaved about. Nosing through some snowy slush to find some plants or food of worth. She found it convenient that this place had such big trees with low hanging branches. Papa had told her about them one time but she was struggling to remember the name. Little Oisin was positive it would come to her if she hung around long enough.

With small muddy paws, she raised herself up on her hind legs with front paws up the tree. Dirty yellow eyes looked around the bark of the tree. There was a small hole where something likely once lived but whatever might have been there was gone now. At least that's what her nose was telling her. A loud sneeze emitted from the scarred girl. It was enough to stumble her back and put her on her rear. "Oh dear." She giggled as her tail swayed goodheartedly on the muddy ground.

Oisin raised herself back up with ease and took a breath. "Come on now, think little Oisin. What would papa have ya do?" She mused aloud as her paws lead her in a circle around the base of the Willow tree. Eyes stared down at the ground watching her own paws and making sure she didn't trip over any overgrown roots.
[Image: oisin_sig_by_becuffin-db825sv.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
As stingy as Sven could be about what was his, he had to acknowledge that the pack (especially at its current numbers) could not claim control over the whole of the expansive forest of willows. Anyways, didn't they want a stray here or there? A general air of hospitality? It was unlikely they would draw in new recruits otherwise. They were two few to spare a soul for just wandering the wilds. Still, it had made his skin prickle when he first sensed her, her scent incredibly earthy and her entrance unannounced.

Of course he had to seek her out, see what exactly this stranger was up to.

When he first saw her, there was a lot to drink in. From her tiny stature that initially caused him to consider her a product of the past Spring's many indiscretions, to the deep scarring that marred great portions of her otherwise gentle face. She was thin, dirty and unassuming. Yet somehow, there was still a glow around that petite, battered frame. Perhaps it was her pollyanna nature, made evident not just by the sheen of her eyes and curve of her smile, but also the innocent words she spoke to herself.

He had taken in all he could from afar, drunken every last drop of gleanable information, but still he was thirsty. So the man pushed forward, gliding amongst the still-bare tendrils as silent as the spectre he appeared to be. It wasn't until he was a few paces to her right that he spoke up, announcing his presence with a question.

"Have you do about what, exactly?"

The inquiry was polite and unassuming upon his salmon tongue. It was difficult to see any reason for suspicion or curtness with her.
Inactive Deceased
Oisin
"Think, think, think."

Her eyes still focused on her paws and nose so stuffed with so many earthy scents that she didn't realize someone else might be about. Before she could grow dizzy from her circles a voice called out to her. Yellow eyes shot up to see a rather large individual standing there. Pale white coat and stone colored eyes. There was a smudge on his nose. Instinct told her to clean it off but the more she looked the more she was certain it was supposed to be there.

Oh! He had asked her a question!

"Well it's getting warmer out." She commented with a smile as if that meant the world to her. In some ways it did. As healing being her best skill winter made it hard. Especially when she couldn't find anything or make a good den to store things. "I'm a healer so I was wondering if anything good might be hiding under the slush." Her tail wagged at an easy pace behind her as yellow eyes looked up at the large man. "Whatcha doin' out here?" Oisin asked, rather oblivious of the borders not far from here and how his scent would easily match them.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
She was bit too transfixed on his muzzle. It almost made him a bit self conscious, standing pinned under that yellow stare, but more than anything he was just mildly confused. What was so off about him? Whatever it was, she seemed to dismiss it easily enough, chirping to life without missing another beat.

Her simple remark of the weather, and the smile that it brought to herself, made it hard to resist the roving of his own steel gaze as he regarded the blue sky and focused on the warmth beamed down upon his shoulders. A wry whisper of a smile lined his own lips as he silently agreed; and thank God for it. Sven had all the more reasons to despise Winter, and he was relieved to see it finally fading away.

But then she said something truly interesting, and his gaze settled attentively back onto her. A healer? She didn't much look the sort. To him, healers were elegant and strong women like his Nonna and @Ravenna. Yet he supposed, with a frame as delicate as hers, she wouldn't be much good for guarding or leading hunts. Hmm. He had to wonder how his age-mate aunt would feel about having a fellow practitioner, and certainly her sunny disposition would be a breath of fresh air amongst the Ridge. She didn't seem afraid of work, out here to nosing around for something to do when there was no one but herself to actually care for.

"Investigating you," he answered her, smile now wide enough to show a fang or two. "I lead the pack that lives 'round here."

Damn that felt good to say.

"Y'know, the Rise would be a better spot for you to look. I don't know much about playin' doctor, but I've helped my aunt and nonna gather plants a few times. All the early and year round stuff grows there."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Oisin
Oisin's ears pressed back against her skull and eyes widened. Did he come out here just to investigate her? Had she been too loud or crossed any borders? The fact that he was a leader to pack nearby also made her nervous. Her tail carefully tucking itself between her muddy legs. Before she could apologize just like Papa had taught her to do he offered a suggestion. It was surprisingly helpful from someone she had just met.

"Well let me just say that I'm terribly sorry! My papa says I have a one track mind so if I crossed any lines by being here I'll gladly scatter." She giggled and looked up at her company. "I'm not familiar with the Rise but I do love a place that can grow all year!" Her voice showed her obvious excitement. If others gathered stuff there too she assumed it had to be well enough for little her to go digging. "I don't wanna crowd on your family's gathering grounds, though. I'll make sure to be quick in the area and take no more than I need." Truly she didn't need anything but it soothed little Oisin to have something with her at all times. Whether it was a mere stick or a whole den full she didn't care.

A soft snort left her as she plopped down onto the ground. "I didn't introduce myself." Her head shook softly out of disappointment in herself. Papa had certainly taught her better manners. "I'm Oisin but some call me Sin. I don't really mind what I'm called in all honesty." She shrugged, obviously having little concern with what the strange leader might opt to call her.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
While initially his revelation seemed to cause her great concern, she seemed quick to be reassured and went on with her bubbly disposition. Furthermore, her cheerful words offered great consideration for the man's pack, and it was clear that this wasn't just out of fear of punishment. She seemed to genuinely care about minding her manners, about being respectful. Another valued trait amongst the weeping willows.

Her name, as she went forth with introducing it, was quite unique, but he wasn't quite sure what to think of her nickname. Sin. It was a bit unnerving for a religious man to consider, and certainly didn't seem to fit her one bit. He would stick with the full pronunciation; it wasn't so terribly long anyways.

"Sven Archer," he returned, that handsome smile ever in place.

"Where is this papa of yours, if you don't mind me asking?"

Were father and daughter traveling together? Perhaps on a sabbatical akin to the one Niles had foolishly dragged Angier along? She didn't smell like she had company...
Inactive Deceased
Oisin
Her tail eagerly wagged at his name. His name sounded so fancy and professional compared to her own. Oisin then remembered that she was indeed talking to a leader. Perhaps that's how he had such a royal name. "Pleasure to meet you Sven Archer!" She chipperly greeted him. Her rump practically wiggling with excitement. It was usual for her to be so eager just by meeting someone but it didn't make the sight any less foolish.

"Papa is back home at Fire's Reach." Her head nodded softly to confirm her own statement. "He said he absolutely needed to stay there but that there were better things waiting for me outside of Fire's Reach. So he ushered me out one morning and now I'm here!" She bubbled up with more of that lighthearted chuckle. "I mean, I did have to wander for a bit but apparently, I'm heading in the right direction." Dirty yellow eyes eagerly lit up as her scarred face wore a smile.

"Would you mind helpin' me out and pointin' me in the direction of this Rise place?" Muddy legs and paws raised up her small body. It was very obvious that Oisin was a ball of energy just waiting to work.